Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

elevator
wannabe oneironaut

Member 4868

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:40 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 04:40 PM #1 of 1376
Thanks a lot for uploading that documentary knkwzrd! I just watched it and I think it´s pretty good as it was purposely done in the point of view of a fan. It covered a lot of aspects of metal - but not in a very broad sense as that would probably be too much to cover. I found a lot of the graphics about bands and what genre they belong to pretty silly and sometimes simply wrong (One can argue about genres, but I think it´s pretty senseless and unnecessary). At one point he said that Death Metal evolved out of Black Metal, which was pretty much the other way round imho.

One thing that I loved were the interviews. I bursted out laughing at the Gorgoroth interview - I haven´t laughed that much in a long time.. Thats kvtl black metal right there.. Comedy gold. Overally it was a nice watch and I liked it better than the last metal documentary that I watched (666 - At Calling Death)
thanks again!

btw: I acknowledge the sentiment of Sonata Arctica being pretty... lame.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by elevator; Jun 30, 2006 at 10:43 AM.
elevator
wannabe oneironaut

Member 4868

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:07 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 05:07 PM #2 of 1376
Originally Posted by DarkLink2135
Maybe my tastes in music are a bit too wide .
I seriously don´t think that this has anything to do with disliking a band.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
elevator
wannabe oneironaut

Member 4868

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:24 AM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 05:24 PM #3 of 1376
You know, that´s nice and all - but you are not implying that people who don´t like Sonata Arctica or Dragonforce have a narrow sense of music are you ? I don´t think having a music taste that is broad has anything to do with the liking or disliking of single bands..

Maybe I´m just interpreting it the wrong way

How ya doing, buddy?
elevator
wannabe oneironaut

Member 4868

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:05 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2006, 07:05 PM #4 of 1376
Originally Posted by guyinrubbersuit
Anyone a fan of Into Eternity? I can't wait for their new album. Ditto of 3 Inches of Blood.
Ah, the band with the strange song titles
I own "Buried In Oblivion" and I really enjoyed it on the first few listens, but I kinda grew sick of it. The (clean) singer´s vocals are kind of annoying to me...

Maybe I´ll check their new album anyway, it could be decent.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
elevator
wannabe oneironaut

Member 4868

Level 4.76

Apr 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:22 PM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 06:22 PM #5 of 1376
^ it´s true.

Does anyone here listen to Gorguts? I´ve heard a few songs from Obscura and they are quite.. intriguing - if somewhat exhausting.

A lot of the guitar work simply sounds like noise but somehow the whole thing just works. I saw a video from guitar.com with the bassist and the guitarist and what they said gave me more of an insight to their philosophy behind the music. I will definitely get the whole of Obscura some day.

Oh and I know that they are split up.. what a pity!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)