Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 06:13 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 04:13 PM #1 of 1376
Anyone here ever hear of a band caled Gogol Bordello? I'm not sure where they're from, but their music is a mix of like gypsy rock and metal. It's really cool stuff. Lots of Middle Eastern influence, too (so I'm assuming they're fom somewhere in the Middle East).

http://www.gogolbordello.com/

Additional Spam:
Originally Posted by DarkLink
The bands that are associated with viking metal cover a broad range of musical genres and influences, such as folk metal, thrash metal, death metal, black metal, and power metal.
Although that's true, it's still not a very correct description of Viking Metal. It has as much to do with the lyrical content as it does the band's image, their heritage, and their beliefs (if you could call it that).

For example, an American metal band that sings about Norse Mythology and viking folklore does not equal Viking Metal.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Shiny McShine; Jan 21, 2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:20 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2007, 08:20 PM #2 of 1376
Anyone here ever heard of Accept? They were one of the very first thrash bands that not a whole lot of people knew about. can't remember what their first album was called, and I can't even remember if they had more than one, but you should definitely check them out.

Actually it looks like they've had quite a few albums. Funny, I only know one other person who's ever heard of them.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2008, 06:31 PM Local time: Jun 8, 2008, 04:31 PM #3 of 1376
You should feel lucky that you live in an area where you are even remotely near a performing center. The closest I can possibly go to see that show is 5 hours away . Although I think I'll go anyway.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)