Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:33 AM Local time: Jun 17, 2007, 02:33 PM #1 of 1376
Whow! I'm again amazed at how much of a gold mine in terms of getting ideas of what to listen to next this thread is.
Guess now I'll have to invest some dough in Symphony X. *_*
And I'd like giving Suspyre a listen... Not easy to find over here it seems...

How ya doing, buddy?
Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Jun 29, 2007, 01:46 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2007, 08:46 PM #2 of 1376
Hey guys, Eluveitie is freaking awesome!

I think they're a lot better than Cruachan in terms of metal/celtic music fusion.
Woah, thanks for pointing them out.
They really are pretty sweet.
And that's gotta mean something coming from me. Usually folk-ish metal stuff is nothing I can really listen to for longer periods of time, cause, well, it mostly reminds me of some smelly guys in LARP outfits.

Today my ordered Symphony X CDs arrived and I'm one happy camper.
Of course compared to Dream Theater they're not as "up on high", but that's one of the things that I dislike with DT, they're great. They know their instruments and know good songwriting, but sometimes, I dunno, they're just a bit TOO good, too "sophisticated" if you know what I mean...

I'm still somewhat tempted to get my hands on the last 3 or so Therion CDs.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

These are the Books of Harrow
They are our doom and our salvation
Learn from them, or we will all perish
Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Sep 19, 2007, 02:34 AM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 09:34 AM #3 of 1376
Elitist self indulgent wanking...
Yeah that covers about 70% of metal fandom, that disses everything new as being "untrue" and "not as good as they were before".
Just read the user reviews for any random metal CD (that's from a better known band) on Amazon...
But, that's the FANS and not the bands...

On another note, mentioning of Ayreon in the thread got me to check them out, and now I'm probably having to dump some money on at least Human Equation and maybe also Into the Electric Castle.
Great stuff...
Plus a new album from them... Plus a new Coheed & Cambria album... Plus a new Thrice album... (yeah, elitistically speaking those aren't exactly totally metal)
This year is good... Expensive but good...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Sep 20, 2007, 02:09 AM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 09:09 AM #4 of 1376
I prefer that to the "wah wah stop being so narrow-minded and ELITIST, and be more OPEN-MINDED, meanie!" whining, personally. Not that either attitude is constructive, but it's the lesser of two evils. Elitistophobia makes no sense to me. Like there's anything wrong with not tolerating mediocrity.
True dat.
I just find it interesting, that the metal scene seems riddled with people who hate change (in a musical sense).
Or with people who are fans of some albums of a band rather then of the band in question itself.

Ayreon's albums are quite expensive to buy I've noticed. Might be due to them all having 2 cds... (Or it's that extra awesome in there that costs... )

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:47 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 07:47 PM #5 of 1376
No upload for me.
Ayreon have convinced me of being awesome, and next time I buy a CD it's gonna some of their stuff. I doubt that I'll NOT love into the electric castle... and... the other things they / he did.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Oct 27, 2007, 04:29 AM Local time: Oct 27, 2007, 11:29 AM #6 of 1376
While it's not really Metal, I'm kinda wondering why nobody here (= on GFF) mentioned the new Coheed & Cambria album, which hit stores a week ago. Or did I just miss it...
Even after a week listening to it I'm not that sure what to think of it. It's got some nice songs and catchy tunes, but... I dunno... Can't point my finger to it. It seems less complex in the overall soundwork then previous releases.

How ya doing, buddy?

Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Dec 28, 2007, 06:18 AM Local time: Dec 28, 2007, 01:18 PM #7 of 1376
Holy pumpkin! Helloween! *_*
It took me a while after I got Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy flying around here for some months before I actually got through to actually listen to it, and then it really got me. King for a 1000 Years is really a mind boggling piece of music.
Now I got me the new album, Gambling with the Devil, which is catchy, fast, and incredibly fun.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)