Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Ziggy Stardust
Life on Mars?

Member 18789

Level 1.60

Jan 2007

Old Oct 19, 2007, 06:22 PM #1 of 1376
Lightbulb

From my perspective, Christian black metal is a stupid concept. The very sound of the music is pretty much against any kind of Christian theme. I listen to a lot of black metal these days, having began to take interest in the genre last December after knowing about it for a couple of years, and I don't necessarily subscribe to any kind of Pagan or Satanic ideologies, but I think it's entirely contradictory of the "pure" Christian nature to use the filthy sound of music pioneered by Satanists and Pagan revivalists to pass any kind of message. It almost comes off like they're trying to convert the nonbelievers who listen to this style of music, or something idiotic like that. I just find it unappealing. I wonder if Jesus would approve of this music.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ziggy Stardust
Life on Mars?

Member 18789

Level 1.60

Jan 2007

Old Oct 19, 2007, 06:54 PM 1 #2 of 1376
Lightbulb

But I don't think it's any different, or any more dumb than Christian bands piggy-backing on top of other musical genres. Come to think of it, its not really any more or less stupid than the lyrical content of "true" black metal .
I don't care how "true" a band is, I just find Christian black metal stupid and ironic, since they're using music that relies on aesthetics created largely out of hatred for them to spread their message. Apparently Christian musicians aren't content with watering down alternative and adult contemporary music and turning it into banal uplifting trash, so they've decided to jump on the metal bandwagon.

Quote:
I listen to Tvangeste on a regular basis, but I don't find myself hating Christians or being any more angry than I normally am. If you let music shape your views and determine who you are, you are an idiot..
Did you read the part of my post where I said that I don't subscribe to their ideologies? I don't go around burning churches and killing Christians just because I listen to black metal, and neither do most other people who do. I just don't like the fact that Christians have to invade every aspect of everything and try to convert or save people. It gets real old real fast.

Did you know that most of the "Christian" holidays and symbolisms were adapted from those of other (mostly pagan and Greco-Romanian) religions?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust; Oct 19, 2007 at 06:56 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)