Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:54 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:54 AM #1 of 1376
Oohhh, me wanna go too!! Have fun at that gig man, it's gonna rock!

Anyway, I find myself listening to Ram-zet the last couple of weeks, anyone heard anything from them?!? I'd highly recommend them, very explosive deathmetal with a pinch of prog rock.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Echolyn; Mar 3, 2006 at 06:56 PM.
Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:58 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 01:58 AM #2 of 1376
yeah that kind of attitude really sucks, I hope for the guy itself it's only just an act towards reporters (you know to seem like a rock dude!! :S ) otherwise he's just a dick..

How ya doing, buddy?
Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:37 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:37 PM #3 of 1376
Originally Posted by Luceid
I would like to hear opinions about the newest single of Blind Guardian: Fly.
I like it, not their best but still good though. I really like Skalds and Shadows more though Blind Guardian always really own the acoustic parts on their albums and this is one of their if not THE best acoustic track ever they made.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:14 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:14 PM #4 of 1376
Originally Posted by Dalkaen
I think System of a Down falls into that general alternative metal area for those bands that are heavy, but don't really fit in any other established genres. I dunno, I don't really think of them as metal. Obviously, some of their songs are pretty heavy, but a lot of them are pure post-hardcore or some kind of freaky mix of pop and metal.

Diffrent subject entirely: Anyone around here completely addicted to Ayreon?
YES!! The Human Equation is still my favorite album ever!

I've had the privilege to see Arjan Lucassen live with his new band Stream of Passion this year here in the Netherlands. They really rocked, they played some ayreon tracks too so that was a really cool gig to attend.

Anyone who likes a bit of different kind of metal/progrock now and then should listen to Ayreon NOW. I simply can't recommend it enough, it's pure genius.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:45 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:45 AM #5 of 1376
Oww, nice gig. Have fun!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:23 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 05:23 PM #6 of 1376
I kinda like Rhapsody and I can take the cheeseness of their lyrics but the vocals of Fabio Lione are really putting me off. I really liked the Luca Turilli solo albums more which are basicly Rhapsody with a completely different singer (much better IMHO).

So till Mr. Lione improves/changes his singing style i'm not looking that forward to their next album.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:19 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:19 PM #7 of 1376
Originally Posted by knkwzrd
Following through. Dark Tranquility started with about 45 minutes of music. It was mostly from their newest, "Character", and was a great opening act.
DevilDriver was definitely a weak point in the show. Dez Fafara's overwrought seriousness didn't quite fit with the Scandinavians, who told jokes between songs. Mind you, their set was better than I expected, as they're a much better live act than on record.
Then came Opeth, with an amazing two hour set including one song from every album (with the exception of "Damnation"), and three numbers from their newest. Mikael Ã…kerfeldt's virtuoso guitar work, punishing vocals, and surprising sense of humor was unstoppable. Fill in drummer Martin Axenrot was seamless, and they gave him a solo after announcing his birthday. Highlights were "The Drapery Falls" and "Under The Weeping Moon".
Unsurprisingly, the Swedes ruled the night.
Sounds like a great gig. I really hope I get to see the Opeth guys live this year here in the Netherlands that would be great.

Haven't heard of the other bands though what kind of metal are they playing?

FELIPE NO
Echolyn
QUACK!

Member 1361

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 04:13 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 11:13 PM #8 of 1376
Thanks, guess I'll go looking for some tracks of Dark Tranquility they sound interesting since I already know In Flames and kinda like them.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)