Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)

Starwars
Throatwobbler Mangrove

Member 1266

Level 8.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2006, 05:56 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2006, 12:56 AM #1 of 1376
Just got ahold of some Behemoth that I didn't have previously (Zos Kia Cultus album), and goddamn, this band is just really good.
With each song I hear from these guys, the more impressed I get with them. It just matches what I like almost perfectly (same with Nile really).

I also picked up the Kill album by Cannibal Corpse (yeah, late I know), and it's the best Cannibal Corpse I've heard in quite a while. Nice stuff!

Also, have anyone heard of bands Origin or Spawn of Possession? Really kickass music (sorry if they've been mentioned before, to fucking tired to go through the thread now. )

EDIT: Oh yeah, I saw someone mention Necrophagist a few pages back. I think they are OK, but I also think that the songs themselves are severely lacking. The playing, and the technical side of it is absolutely crazy, but the songs themselves just lack something for me...
The first album (can't remember the name now) is the best one, but the song Stabwound kick ass as well.

Dragonforce... Hm. Very silly yes, and I can't listen to more than 3 songs before getting bored really, hehe. Still, ocasionally I can really enjoy their music ... But yeah, can't listen to them on a regular basis at all.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Starwars; Jun 26, 2006 at 06:13 PM.
Starwars
Throatwobbler Mangrove

Member 1266

Level 8.18

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:38 AM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 11:38 AM #2 of 1376
I saw that documentary a while back, and while I think it still misses a lot of stuff (then again, it would be impossible to cover everything in the time-span of a regular film ), I believe it's still the best documentary on metal I've seen.
It isn't just on how metal started (Sabbath, and then the bands in the 80s), which most documentaries tend to focus on. It has that, but also on the bands of today (good and bad).

Can't say I learned anything new from it, but it's definetely worth seeing. The guy who did it also feels 'genuine' and real. Not just some dude who wanna make a documentary on something he doesn't know about.

Thumbs up from me.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Starwars
Throatwobbler Mangrove

Member 1266

Level 8.18

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:18 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 05:18 PM #3 of 1376
In other news, the new Slayer album have leaked.

Listening to it now, and meh. It's not downright bad, it's just boring as fuck if you ask me. And their lyrics feel old old old.

A big snore of an album.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Starwars
Throatwobbler Mangrove

Member 1266

Level 8.18

Mar 2006

Old Aug 25, 2006, 05:56 AM Local time: Aug 25, 2006, 12:56 PM #4 of 1376
I've also listened a few times to Maidens latest now, and I must say I'm very impressed as well.

It has some of the Maiden stuff you've come to expect by now (long intros etc), but it's really quite different from their other stuff. It's not as catchy as some Maiden songs can be (well, a few songs are). It's more progressive.

Think a lot of people aren't going to like this one at all, but then again, opinions have differed on Brave new world (which I thought was mediocre) and Dance of Death (which I thought was good) as well.
I really believe this could be one of Maidens best ever, though it's a bit early to tell.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] The Metal Thread! (The Zombie Edition)