Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Death Note

alkaline
Run Home Slow

Member 1696

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 06:55 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 03:55 PM #26 of 573
I'm a bit nervous about the Death Note movie. It looks as if they're really handling it with respect, but the characters so far seem a bit off. Death Note has the makings of a great film series, so I'll remain optimistic.

(( Hi. I registered after seeing this thread :X ))

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Perception
Trainer

Member 154

Level 1.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:12 PM #27 of 573
I want to buy this manga. Would someone please tell me a reliable place to purchase manga online? Thank you!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:30 PM #28 of 573
Originally Posted by Line
I want to buy this manga. Would someone please tell me a reliable place to purchase manga online? Thank you!
That depends on whether you want it in Japanese or in English. You might want to try www.animebooks.com has Volume 1 of the English version, but that's all that's out in English right now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 07:49 PM #29 of 573
yo ucan try this place.

http://www.discountanimedvd.com/

i think you can get it for 5 or 6 bucks for each volume with free shipping i think.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Outlaw
Do not use elevator while on fire

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 08:32 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 06:32 PM #30 of 573
Originally Posted by Line
http://www.amazon.com or http://www.viz.com/store/ ( <-- Currently down) ....That is if you want them in english.

As for the Misa bus picture.....odd O_o ....but a good way to promote the movie I guess.....

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
soulsteelgray
And now for something new

Member 451

Level 18.41

Mar 2006

Old Mar 4, 2006, 09:05 PM Local time: Mar 4, 2006, 08:05 PM #31 of 573
Originally Posted by Outlaw
As for the Misa bus picture.....odd O_o ....but a good way to promote the movie I guess.....
I don't know the exact source of the picture. It could be promotion, or it could be a bus that's going to be in the movie. Who knows?

How ya doing, buddy?
Luckee Cookie
Chocobo

Member 203

Level 11.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:23 AM #32 of 573
see what i mean that they should be switch?

Acting as Yagami Light

Acting as L

Acting as Yagami's father (never remember how to spell his name go me)

original source i believe comes from here for anyone that reads japanese
>>> http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/wcomic/1137317965/11

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shoops
Syklis Green

Member 283

Level 7.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:19 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:19 PM #33 of 573
For Ryuuku, i gonna see what he looks like!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:30 AM #34 of 573
Originally Posted by Luckee Cookie
see what i mean that they should be switch?

Acting as Yagami Light

Acting as L

Acting as Yagami's father (never remember how to spell his name go me)

original source i believe comes from here for anyone that reads japanese
>>> http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/wcomic/1137317965/11

but if you look at the poster. he looks fine as Light . As far as L goes..well they gotta give him that spiker hair look. then you have a winner.

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:51 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:51 AM #35 of 573
Yeah...the guy playing Light looks more, erm...intense. I think with eye makeup and spiked hair the L actor will look very good. One of the best things about adapting DN to a live-action movie is that the characters are drawn more Japanese than in many other manga series. I'm really happy with the poster, so I think this will turn out good.

But I'm wondering how they're going to end the movie when the manga doesn't have a definite ending? I mean,
Spoiler:
If they end with L dead, does that mean Light rules the world? Or are they going to continue through with Mello and Near?

Since the series was licensed and the storyline started to lag, I haven't been keeping up with the scanlations, so there might be some stuff that I'm not in the know about. Is there any potential end in sight for the series? If only it weren't a Shounen Jump title, it wouldn't be going on forever and ever -- although if it weren't a SJ title, it might not have attained the popularity it's currently enjoying. Meh.

How ya doing, buddy?
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:35 PM #36 of 573
yeah.. you're pretty much missing out on alot of good stuff. its not the best like when L was around but it doesn't suck either. you should continue on reading it. i'll tell you one thing.. if next week has a ..final chapter. i'll be upset and i'll let you know what i think about it without spoiling anything either.

Quote:
But I'm wondering how they're going to end the movie when the manga doesn't have a definite ending? I mean :

Spoiler:
If they end with L dead, does that mean Light rules the world? Or are they going to continue through with Mello and Near?
well...if you think about it.

Spoiler:
the live action movie will probably end after L's death then show raito and his crew a couple years later in 2009 where he leads everything then end it there or...they can end it at the wammy house where they show cameo apperances of mello and near..anything can happen

lemonmanko
yell it very loud!

Member 1971

Level 12.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:25 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 10:25 PM #37 of 573
im behind like 2 or so chapters on the scanslations and i forgot what happend before so im screwed

is there a site where they review or more say do play by play what happend in every chapter cause im afraid i will be reading something i already read =/

*crosses fingers for Death Note Live Action to turn out good*

Most amazing jew boots
Outlaw

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:45 PM #38 of 573
Originally Posted by chato
well...if you think about it.

Spoiler:
the live action movie will probably end after L's death then show raito and his crew a couple years later in 2009 where he leads everything then end it there or...they can end it at the wammy house where they show cameo apperances of mello and near..anything can happen
You know....I never thought of that, having
Spoiler:
Mello and Near
at the end. That's sounds like the way to go seeing as how the manga isn't finished as of yet. At least it would be better then having Light achieve his dream and rule a crime free world and have the manga ending be something intirely diffrent. Though there are going to be two movies. So they could end the first movie with a forshadowing of whats to come as in
Spoiler:
Mello and Near, younger, at the wammy house
and continue on to the second movie with the second arch. So could work eather way....but if they do that then the problem with the ending still comes up unless the manga ends before October.

We should just really see what they do with the movies.....we really don't know what their going to do with them until we see them....

Originally Posted by lemonmanko
is there a site where they review or more say do play by play what happend in every chapter cause im afraid i will be reading something i already read =/
deathgod.org has summaries for pages chapters 1-5 and 84-current. But they're still missing chapters 6-83. Does that sort of help?

Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:04 PM #39 of 573
Just started reading Death Note and i must say i love it. Im only up to vol 3 or 4 though but it is awesome so far.

FELIPE NO
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 05:35 PM #40 of 573
Originally Posted by Outlaw
You know....I never thought of that, having
Spoiler:
Mello and Near
at the end. That's sounds like the way to go seeing as how the manga isn't finished as of yet. At least it would be better then having Light achieve his dream and rule a crime free world and have the manga ending be something intirely diffrent. Though there are going to be two movies. So they could end the first movie with a forshadowing of whats to come as in
Spoiler:
Mello and Near, younger, at the wammy house
and continue on to the second movie with the second arch. So could work eather way....but if they do that then the problem with the ending still comes up unless the manga ends before October.

We should just really see what they do with the movies.....we really don't know what their going to do with them until we see them....

deathgod.org has summaries for pages chapters 1-5 and 84-current. But they're still missing chapters 6-83. Does that sort of help?
i just really hope they pull it off well with all the meetings and awesome moments like the manga has. to cram it all up along with that other kira and the corrupt organization (forgot the main name of that guy =/) is what has me 20% worried.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:02 PM #41 of 573
question. does anyone know where i can download that same trailer from the official movie site?

Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:38 AM #42 of 573
Whoa. It just struck me that Kaga Takeshi is playing Light's father. As in, "Chairman Kaga". As in, Iron Chef's Chairman Kaga.

And I am now 1452851298% more hyped for this movie.

Fujiwara as Light worries me, though.

And for anyone who's seen the Tennis no Ouji-sama Stage Musicals, the guy who plays the first Inui is going to be Matsuda. <3

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 07:18 PM #43 of 573
The manga doesn't end at 100 for those who wanted to know.

for those who stopped reading the manga should really get back to it..

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Luckee Cookie
Chocobo

Member 203

Level 11.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:08 PM #44 of 573
Originally Posted by Lee-chan
Whoa. It just struck me that Kaga Takeshi is playing Light's father. As in, "Chairman Kaga". As in, Iron Chef's Chairman Kaga.

And I am now 1452851298% more hyped for this movie.

Fujiwara as Light worries me, though.

And for anyone who's seen the Tennis no Ouji-sama Stage Musicals, the guy who plays the first Inui is going to be Matsuda. <3
:O! REALIES!? OMG XD *squeals*

ANOTHER 100!? ... I hope they don't draw it out until it's sucked the life out of the entire idea to this o__O I mean... you can only get so far before you stare at it and it feels like the same thing over and over again.

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 09:20 PM #45 of 573
its different compared to the other mangas. give it a chance.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Clon
Rousteinireā„¢

Member 2435

Level 5.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:06 PM #46 of 573
Well this will be very interesting to watch. I'm really looking forward to this now. Wonder how the shinigami's are going to turn out, most likely be CGed but maybe they could do cosplays since I've seen some very nice shinigami cosplays.

Come visit my DA page
Outlaw

Member 134

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:41 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 08:41 PM #47 of 573
Originally Posted by Clon
Well this will be very interesting to watch. I'm really looking forward to this now. Wonder how the shinigami's are going to turn out, most likely be CGed but maybe they could do cosplays since I've seen some very nice shinigami cosplays.
They'll be CG, news about how they're going to do the shinigami has been out for sometime now....

FELIPE NO
Luckee Cookie
Chocobo

Member 203

Level 11.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:33 AM #48 of 573
Originally Posted by chato
its different compared to the other mangas. give it a chance.
I'm really not enjoying the second part of it though :\ I really ain't!

chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:00 PM #49 of 573
alot of shit can happen . its all i can tell you >=p.

Death Note Chapter 100

Spoiler:
there are no scanslations yet but lookin at the pages and stuff has shown that near and light finally met . however Near is wearing an L mask and will not fall for any tricks, thus, he already knew about the eyes.

Last edited by chato; Mar 15, 2006 at 04:51 PM.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:59 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:59 PM #50 of 573
Originally Posted by Chato
for those who stopped reading the manga should really get back to it..
I stopped because I figured I'd wait until I had the published thing in my hands. The "musical chairs" scanlation handling of the series, and trying to download different chapters from three different scanlators irritated the hell out of me. Plus, the later scanlations were of a very crappy quality. Since the storyline was waning (again), I decided I was very capable of waiting for the legit version, since I'm buying the tanks and all.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Death Note