Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] God of War: Chains, bondage whips and handcuffs of Olympus

Torte
Vampire Killer

Member 4126

Level 15.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 07:36 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2008, 12:36 AM #26 of 36
I thought I was used to ps2 controls, too, but I played the demo last year when it first came out and trust me: it IS better than R analog stick evade. I dislike the nub, but it actually ain't too bad in CoO.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
ToneDefer
FilmScoreFreak

Member 16711

Level 5.90

Dec 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 01:36 PM #27 of 36
God of War ist one of the best Franchises of Video Gaming,an incredible Game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
I´m happy that such Forums exist´s!!!
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 02:25 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2008, 10:25 PM #28 of 36
I can say the dodge system works pretty crappily.

I'm sure people will get used to it, but it's awkward as hell and you end up not using dodge because you never manage to pull it off when you need it. The R stick dodge worked since it was immediate, it's much quicker to pull off by reaction than holding down two shoulder buttons AND a direction, so all that talk of "you don't need to move your thumb" is pointless.

Dodging aside, it otherwise controls fine and is easily the best looking PSP title so far.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 02:52 PM #29 of 36
All I can say is that having God of War and FFVII Crisis Core both coming out in the same month is the greatist month of all time for handheld gaming as far as I'm concerned.

I was speaking idiomatically.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Mar 5, 2008, 03:05 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2008, 11:05 PM 2 #30 of 36
I'm not really surprised on that.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2008, 02:53 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2008, 02:53 PM #31 of 36
So I thought I'd be all 'hard' and shit and go through my first run on...Hard. I got to the final Basilisk fight no problem, but all of a sudden I can't even come close to killing this thing. What the fuck.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by eprox1; Mar 7, 2008 at 08:05 PM.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2008, 09:45 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2008, 09:45 AM #32 of 36
Just beat the game, and holy shit was that last boss tough on Hard mode. I don't know what was more annoying - the fact that she could kill you in 3 hits, or the fact that you had to sit through that cutscene EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU DIED. Anyways, some questions for anyone else who has beaten it -
Spoiler:
I am kind of confused on what Persephone was doing. I understand her intentions behind everything, but I was a little lost when she was explaining the whole scheme with the titan Atlas to destroy the world. If the tower that Atlas was trying to destroy were to ever fall, would it just absolutely annihilate everything?

Also, why is Atlas ‘doomed’ to hold the world on his shoulders after Kratos stopped and chained him? Couldn’t he just drop it and end everything, like he was initially trying to do?

And I didn’t completely understand the whole ‘why Kratos can never be with his daughter’ bit at the end. I mean, he was finally with her 'spirit' (or some shit) in the underworld, but couldn’t be with her because Persephone was going to destroy everything and his daughter would die…again? What?

I never got a chance to get all of the way through God of War 2 all the way through (as my PS2 broke half way through it). Who were the two gods at the end? Athena and Zeus? Does this tie into the second game somehow, or does this hint at something to do with the third?
I thought that whole mini game sequence where you have to push your daughter away was very awesome. I totally thought for a second that Kratos was going to turn around and stab the shit out of Calliope or something, just to ensure that he didn’t go to her. What an epic game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Inhert
The body may heal, the mind is not always so resilient.

Member 225

Level 35.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:18 AM #33 of 36
yeah that last boss was the only one that I had difficulty with. As for the question:

Spoiler:
I'm having the same problem, I don't know why atlas just don't drop the world. He did wanted to destroy it anyway...

as fort he daughter of Kratos, I think he could be with her and return to the human world, if he gave back all his power, but Persephone was trying to destroy the whole world, so he could let her do that. So to save the world he kind of doomed his own daughter...

Chains of Olympus is a prequel of GoW1 so at the end I think it's Athena for sure and Helios. The ending is exactly when the first game start if I'm not mistaken because I remember the area, where Kratos fell at the end, to be in the first one.

I'm not an expert for the God of War story but that's what I understand from the game XD

Most amazing jew boots
OberonAxelay
Random Folk

Member 28969

Level 1.10

Mar 2008

Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:56 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2008, 11:56 AM #34 of 36
Just beat the game, and holy shit was that last boss tough on Hard mode. I don't know what was more annoying - the fact that she could kill you in 3 hits, or the fact that you had to sit through that cutscene EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU DIED.
Heh, that was the same thing that irked me. I wasn't so upset at getting killed quickly but having to watch that scene over and over again just to get back into the fight added insult to injury. Thankfully they threw a restart point in the middle of the battle, because if not I don't think I'd even bother replaying this again.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:17 AM #35 of 36
Just recently got this and have to say I'm overly impressed with it so far. It took me a few minutes to get the hang of the controls (namely evading) but it feels just about like the other games to me.

I haven't gotten all that far in (just got to Marathon) but I'm having such a blast playing this. I hope it's not extremely short and is over before I know it kinda like Silent Hill Origins was.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

QuentinT
Syklis Green

Member 26171

Level 8.62

Nov 2007

Old Apr 14, 2008, 04:51 PM #36 of 36
This was a really cool game, its too bad its short as hell.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] God of War: Chains, bondage whips and handcuffs of Olympus