Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Are you being spammed by your friends?

eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:24 AM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 11:24 PM #1 of 16
Are you being spammed by your friends?

Either my friends' account are being hacked into zombie computer or they are obviously devoted themselves into a spammer, but nowadays all I see in my inbox are just bunch of email from friends which is not truly email, but forwaded message containing some unusual stuff, well you know, sort things like that.

Even though the content of their emails is not as irking as spams, but they are still annoying. Just imagine you have 50 messages begin with FW: and not any of them containing real email. The bad thing is we cant label our friends' email as spam since it will block their email address from sending us another emails.

Do you experience the same with me? Did you tell your friends to stop emailing you these forwarded message? I'm thinking to mail them back and telling me to stop sending me one.

How ya doing, buddy?
You all think you got good deals, huh? Ha! You frugal and observant shoppers have more to learn.

None of that approaches this:
*censored for sake of signature size*
The Mr. Methane CD, purchased over ebay for .01¢. Yeah, free shipping. This guy performs all sorts of neat stuff, including the doot doot, doot doot from the Blue Danube.

Allow me to share a track from this CD. Here ya go.
I think he should have paid you .01¢ instead.
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:37 AM #2 of 16
I used to get a lot of those from friends.
Then I decided to reply to all of them with scathing emails of my own. I think it got the effect I wanted, since there was a noticable trend amongst all of my friends of decreased FW traffic.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Dekoa
Is now the Tolkein Red Shirt.

Member 194

Level 28.24

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 12:29 PM #3 of 16
I get random spams from people I don't know. My friends know enough to keep outta trouble and my family is too scared to do anything other than e-mail.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dekoa's Friend Quote: "You can't rape the Willing!"

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 01:28 PM #4 of 16
I have a woman who constantly sends me things. I mean, all these forwarded items--chain letters, what have you. I don't think I've ever received a letter from her at all.

And, ironically, someone on he e-mail list sent me something one time, and all I did was send an e-mail saying: "Who are you, and why are you spamming me?"

I need to block these things.....

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:32 PM #5 of 16
I have one friend who sends me such things every so often. I usually just delete the stuff, since it's just her, it's not too overwhelming.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:42 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 09:42 PM #6 of 16
Friends, Colleagues. There all at it. And just as bad as one another.
I generally have a quick scan through the email to see if it is anything interesting, but more often than not it is just spam. Most of the emails that i receive as FW: just get deleted without ever being read.

I also tend to get the same spam emails from colleagues and friends, so I get all of it twice.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
JammerLea
Chocobo

Member 13045

Level 11.78

Sep 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:00 PM #7 of 16
...y'know, I got one GOOD forward about forwards one from a friend, so if you want to spam your friends with that, go for it.

Spoiler:
I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about rat poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every
envelope that needs sealing.

Also, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.

I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.

I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

Thanks to you, I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an email to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer can buy gasoline without taking a man along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm pumping gas.

I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put "Under God" on their cans.

I no longer use Saran wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.

And thanks for letting me know I can't boil a cup water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face...disfiguring me for life.

I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.

I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

I no longer receive packages from UPS or FedEx since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.

I no longer shop at Target since they are French and don't support our American troops or the Salvation Army.

I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore, and Uzbekistan.

I no longer have any sneakers -- but that will change once I receive my free replacement pair from Nike.

I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I now have their recipe.

Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my butt.

Thank you too for all the endless advice Andy Rooney has given us. I can live a better life now because he's told us how to fix everything.

And thanks to your great advice, I can't ever pick up $5.00 I dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.

Oh, and don't forget this one either!

I can no longer drive my car because I can't buy gas from certain gas companies!

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in- law's second husband's cousin's beautician...

Have a wonderful day....

A South American scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain and sexual activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late

FELIPE NO
ambience
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12779

Level 2.38

Sep 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:25 PM #8 of 16
I barely have it happen to me at all. If I ever do get a FW: email from anyobody I know. I simply send a small email requesting for them to stop. For the most part, everyone complies after one warning.

My aunt, on the other hand, is a repeat offender, I made sure to tell her that I changed my email address and gave her my spam address. Problem solved.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Gecko3
Good Chocobo

Member 991

Level 14.63

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 05:14 PM #9 of 16
Originally Posted by JammerLea
...y'know, I got one GOOD forward about forwards one from a friend, so if you want to spam your friends with that, go for it.

Spoiler:
I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about rat poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every
envelope that needs sealing.

Also, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.

I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.

I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

Thanks to you, I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an email to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer can buy gasoline without taking a man along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm pumping gas.

I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put "Under God" on their cans.

I no longer use Saran wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.

And thanks for letting me know I can't boil a cup water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face...disfiguring me for life.

I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.

I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

I no longer receive packages from UPS or FedEx since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.

I no longer shop at Target since they are French and don't support our American troops or the Salvation Army.

I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore, and Uzbekistan.

I no longer have any sneakers -- but that will change once I receive my free replacement pair from Nike.

I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I now have their recipe.

Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my butt.

Thank you too for all the endless advice Andy Rooney has given us. I can live a better life now because he's told us how to fix everything.

And thanks to your great advice, I can't ever pick up $5.00 I dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.

Oh, and don't forget this one either!

I can no longer drive my car because I can't buy gas from certain gas companies!

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in- law's second husband's cousin's beautician...

Have a wonderful day....

A South American scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain and sexual activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late
LOL @ this! I should send this out

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:29 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2006, 06:29 PM #10 of 16
Most of my friends send me chain letters and other forwarded stuff. I emailed some of them back (because they did it so often), saying for them to please not send useless forwards anymore.

I haven't gotten anything from them.... Actually, I haven't talked to them since then...

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:40 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 10:40 AM #11 of 16
Some guy I don't know keeps sending me emails that I should be his friend at Bebo.com. What, the fact that I ignored all 12 of those didn't get into your head yet?

I also have a friend who has a school classmate that sends me emails from time to time, and also birthday reminders (today is her birthday). Uhh, okay, this is the internet. I don't care for a birthday of some chick I don't know.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 08:58 PM #12 of 16
I get the feeling people don't check their address books and love to click "send all". Some of my old "friends" (more like distant acquaintances) commonly email me, but if they ever see me in person, they don't acknowledge me :S

Also I added certain people on MSN by mistake but deleted them quickly afterwards, and now they are sending me stuff like WAYN and Ringo, and whatnot, when I've never even contacted them once.

Of course I mean to ask my friends about why they send others stuff that is obviously spam, but I always forget to since it's always a trivial matter. I don't quite care for chain letters and tags, and sometimes the messages occassionally full of "<<>>><><<><<><<><><><>>>><<<><"s and no actual content whatsoever. I try looking for at least a FW: part, but there's none sometimes.

Most amazing jew boots
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 03:10 AM #13 of 16
My filter is set up to discard anything that's just a forward. It's also set up to discard a whole bunch of other kinds of mail that I don't like to receive. I don't report these messages as spam, I just never see them, because they are deleted unless they contain actual content.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:21 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 08:21 PM #14 of 16
My friend composed a number of witty, and hilarious counter FWDs that he would send back to the offenders promptly, and quickly. It was quite funny to hear some of the reactions, as many of the offenders went to our school. I thought i had saved a few, but turns out i was wrong. I'll keep looking, maybe i'll find them in my inbox. I have some wickedly old emails in there.

EDIT: Oh snap, i found one.

grade 9 hilarity:
Hello everybody my name is (name). This chain mail was made to stop all the chain mails in the world. IF YOU HATE CHAIN MAIL, YOU WILL LOVE THIS! I have taken my time to tell you the 4 basic different types of retarded chain mail. Even though you may get different ones than this, they are practically all the same except for the stupid git who made them. PLEASE SEND THIS TO MORE PEOPLE SO WE CAN PUT A END TO THIS MADNESS.

1rst retarded type of chain mail:

Make 1 wish and go to where it says stop ………… Keep on wishing……………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.. make one more wish………………………. almost there……………………………………..

STOP!
If you don’t send this chain mail to ten thousand more people in the next 4.2583 seconds, the following will happen:

0: you will need to get your gall bladder removed in an emergency surgery procedure while attending a execution a checzoslavakian church.
1-4: your friends will hate you for sending them a retarded chain mail.
6-10: your friends will want to hurt you for sending them a retarded chain mail.
10-20: your friends will conspire a murder plot to kill you for sending them a retarded chain mail.
20-10 000: your friends will have you publicly stoned and a marching band of 56 trombones will walk over your lifeless body.

2nd type of retarded chain mail:

A friend, who doesn’t believe in God, told me that he would send twenty million dollars to The Church Of Jesus-Christ Of Latterday Saints if he could get three hundred people to sign a chain mail that said they believed in god. But we are FUCKING MORONS because we have absolutly NO fucking way of counting, so this is pointless! Please sign below.

1: God dude
2: God chick
3: Jesus
4: (you sign here!)

Please send this to fifty other people or hell will descend apon earth like a bat in an orgy of killing, burning, and bloodlust. EVEN THOUGH THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE THIS IS JUST A FUCKING STUPID CHAIN MAIL!

3rd type of retarded chain mail:

My friend who is named Betty is dying of a strange type of diabetes that attacks the vagina. The doctor says that he can make her vagina work again if a chain mail is sent out in her honor and it gets smeared around the landscape like a pile of manure. If you don’t send this to two hundred people by the time Betty is either cured or dies, one of the following horror stories could happen to you:

Horror story 1: Joe thought chain mail was stupid so he deleted this letter when he got it. Instead of being a good person and aggravating his friends with this stupid letter, he went to make out with his boyfriend (some people are like that). The next day Joe died of a S.T.D. that only gay people get.

Horror story 2: in stead of checking his e-mail everyday, Bob took a vacation to Mexico to get over the death of his lover. When he got back he opened this letter, but it was too late so of his 38 children died in a terrorist attack on a strip-club\post-office.

Horror story 3: it is hard to believe, but nowadays some people don’t have a computer. Bob destroyed out his computer so he would never again lose the remaining 86 of his kids by neglecting to check his e-mail. The ghost of Christmas present found this out and started haunting him in his sleep, as a result, the rest of his children died and were burred in cheap hotel mattresses.

4th type of retarded chain mail:

Hello, I’m a follower/worker of the evil organization: Microsoft. My boss, the devil… uh, I mean bill gates has made me write a chain mail letter that is to be sent to all hotmail users. If you don’t send this to seven hundred and thirty two people within the next 6 minutes, we will cancel your account because it is inactive. Normally, we would send this letter to everybody, but I’m really just a stupid retard with nothing better to do so I make up fake e-mails from Microsoft. Oh, and by the way, YOU HAVE TO BE THE STUPIDIST TWIT IN THE WORLD TO FALL FOR THIS BECAUSE JUST THE CONCEPT OF A LETTER LIKE THIS IS SO UNBLIVEABLY STUPID THAT THE PEOPLE WHO INVENTED E-MAIL ARE ROlLING IN THERE GRAVES SO FAST THAT YOU COULD ATTACH MAGNETS TO THEM AND PRODUCE ENOUGH ELECTICTY TO POWER A CITY THE SIZE OF MONTREAL! Thank you.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Helloween; Oct 10, 2006 at 09:36 PM.
J-Man
Taller than a tree

Member 102

Level 23.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2006, 09:35 PM Local time: Oct 10, 2006, 07:35 PM #15 of 16
I get about 5 unwanted newsletters a week from these retards who think I need to take relationship quizzes and "spice up my love life" or "please my man" better. Pretty rediculous.

FELIPE NO
CryHavoc
Catherine Bell <3

Member 8369

Level 18.10

Jun 2006

Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:44 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2006, 08:44 AM #16 of 16
Here's one way of response i liked :

http://www.freewebs.com/thunderseal/chainmail1.htm

From my brother's site www.mosab.co.nr

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Are you being spammed by your friends?