Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PSP] Soul Calibur on PSP and shit for reals y'all

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2009, 02:56 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2009, 08:56 PM #1 of 3
Soul Calibur on PSP and shit for reals y'all

I'm a massive Soul Edge fag, this much is common knowledge, so breaking with tradition, I actually bought a game for my PSP and that game was the new Soul Calibur. It's basically the same as all the other versions only without an arcade/story mode and with God of War's Kratos as a playable character. There's a gay as fuck Gauntlet mode which is essentially you blocking some attacks from every character over and over until you get to fight the end boss, there's a trials mode which is sort of an arcade mode and there's a character creator which let's you reimagine Seung Mina as a dude with a nazi uniform.

I've always loved Soul Edge since the original arcade days and this is kinda fun but if ever a game suffered from too much modernisation, this is it. Not only do you need reactions of a jedi to pull off any interupts or decent combo hits, every character just has too many moves. Maybe I'm just getting old and can't keep up but time was I knew every move for every character and could see it coming from the animation and block that shit. now I can barely control Sigfried, my old faitfull and in my opinion the over complication has killed what Soul Blade was best at, a pretty simple rock-paper-scissors mechanic, in that you blocked high for a vertical attack, blocked or dcked a horizontal and stepped out the way of a kick and god damn it, you knew where you were with that.

It's still fun enough and I imagine with a similarly skilled human opponent I'd get a lot out of it but frankly, I'd rather upload Soul Edge off my PS1 disk and play that. There was a lot more too that game and it was about the best balananced beat em up ever.

Anyone esle picked this up and have an opinion?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 20, 2009, 08:02 PM 1 #2 of 3
Well, I "got" the game and basically went through all of Gauntlet Mode. It just didn't seem like there was enough in here to make it worth actually getting this game. I mean, the Gauntlet Mode story is hilarious as well as all the side dialogue.

Plus, Chibi Nightmare.

Otherwise, I just use it as an excuse to work on some of my SCIV skills for the 360. Dampierre should be a very interesting character in Soul Calibur V though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:06 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2009, 05:06 AM #3 of 3
Well it was only twenty quid new so it's not exactly full game price and I think they designed it as a multi-player game more than anything. The character creator is good fun and not just for creating practically naked ladies who use Lizard Man's crawling on the floor style. I think a mate back home picked it up so I reckon I'll get a few hours fun out of it yet.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PSP] Soul Calibur on PSP and shit for reals y'all