Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Transformers Movie (07-04-07)

acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 07:58 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 06:58 PM #26 of 366
Originally Posted by Tappy
Too bad Chris Latta (Starscream) died though!
When did that happen?!

He was once a man. A maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

+15 nerds points if you understand that

There's nowhere I can't reach.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 08:02 PM #27 of 366
Originally Posted by acid
When did that happen?!

Probably throat cancer, from all the highvoicery he had to to in his line of work.

His loyal subordinates could testify to his superb stewardship of Cobra. But you don't have the courage to let them speak!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zero
Lame

Member 573

Level 4.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:14 PM #28 of 366
Well, Industrial Light and Magic already started to do test shoots for the movie. One of them can be found here. From the looks of it, the movie is in the right direction.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Currently Playing: Kingdom Heart II
Waiting for: Nothing this month
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 09:54 PM #29 of 366
Quote:
I'd much rather erase that travesty from my memory. Won't ever happen, though.

Latta's been dead for quite a while. Not exactly sure of what, but I hear he was pretty old. The guy they've been using for the current Starscream (TF Energon, etc) is a pathetic imitation. His Cobra Commander is even worse.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kessler
Widdershins

Member 199

Level 1.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:51 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 09:51 PM #30 of 366
Originally Posted by Zero
Well, Industrial Light and Magic already started to do test shoots for the movie. One of them can be found here. From the looks of it, the movie is in the right direction.
Is this the same footage that was found to be fake? If it is, Don Murphy has posted a reply on his forums.

As far as the movie goes, I'm a bit worried. The Transformers was and is my favorite cartoon of all time. I'd really hate to see this end up just another crappy B-movie. If it isn't going to be taken seriously, I would rather not see it done at all.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 06:28 PM #31 of 366
Originally Posted by Kessler
Is this the same footage that was found to be fake? If it is, Don Murphy has posted a reply on his forums.

As far as the movie goes, I'm a bit worried. The Transformers was and is my favorite cartoon of all time. I'd really hate to see this end up just another crappy B-movie. If it isn't going to be taken seriously, I would rather not see it done at all.
Yeah, both Don Murphy and Michael Bay have said that the footage is fake. The transformations will be far better than that

As for worrying about the quality of the movie, they have a good list of people working on the film. There has also been an unprecedented amount of interaction between the filmmakers and fans... In other words, the fans are at least getting their opinions heard. That being said, this movie will not purely be fan-service... They want to make sure this movie is successful too, so yes, I'd say the makers of this film are taking everything very seriously ^__~

FELIPE NO
Ramenbetsu
Ramengatari: The Story of the Noodle Samurai

Member 1053

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:12 AM #32 of 366
When did that happen?!

Man, G.I Joe movie still gives me the creeps to this day...something about that movie was just way off for an 8yr old boy to see. It wasnt easy seeing half the cast either day or get seriously messed up [blind or turned into a friggin lizard! =( ]

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 03:29 AM Local time: May 29, 2006, 06:29 PM #33 of 366
Well, I thought I'd bump this thread back up seeing as filming has now started. The first week of filming has just finished, and a teaser trailer is promised by early July this year ^___^

There've been a few disturbing "script reviews" based on old versions of the script. However, both Bay and Don have pointed out that these leaked scripts are at least 4 months old, and alot of work and changes have occurred since then.

It appears that the decepticon line-up may have changed since I first started this thread. We don't know anymore who officially will be on the Decepticon side. There has been talk, for example, of having Soundwave sit it out for this movie and appear in a sequel.

Anyway, here's Bay's update from the first week of filming

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:03 AM #34 of 366
Quote:
Man, G.I Joe movie still gives me the creeps to this day...something about that movie was just way off for an 8yr old boy to see. It wasnt easy seeing half the cast either day or get seriously messed up [blind or turned into a friggin lizard! =( ]
Aggreed. The movie is a marvel of animation, especially the intro, but the plot is so out there to the point that it makes longtime fans uncomfortable to even mention it; seriously, was there anyone who preferred Serpentor over Cobra Commander. On the upside, it was worth watching the following season (even though it was kiddie-sized considerably) just to see him get his comupance.

But no, used car salesman>multi-eyed smurf who turns into a lizard. Seriously, how did they even come up with that?

And that better not be a final script. Soundbyte? Screw that shit. Soundwave or nothing.

Honestly, could they please not mess with him? He's probably the most iconic Transformer after Optimus.

constructicons inferior.

DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 05:22 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 08:22 AM #35 of 366
Originally Posted by SOLDIER
And that better not be a final script. Soundbyte? Screw that shit. Soundwave or nothing.

Honestly, could they please not mess with him? He's probably the most iconic Transformer after Optimus.

constructicons inferior.
Quoted for truth

Yeah, that's something we're very worried about... There is a list of major concerns that the large majority of fans don't like about the old scripts. I swear they better not fuck with Soundwave and make him a 4ft minion that gets his head kicked off (twice! )... I'm just hoping that it was either a placeholder name, or complete misinformation (I mean, I can handle them making Soundwave a vehicle... but it better be one kickASS vehicle... )

... If they want to make Soundbyte as a homage to the G1 alt-mode (because for toy purposes that would be the closest thing we get to a re-issue... and I want one...), then I say they should only do it IF said SB is a minion of the true SOUNDWAVE!!!

Other disturbing rumours include Mutebee (Bumblebee not speaking for the WHOLE movie due to battle damage... Can't Ratchet repair him, or is Ratchet Cybertron's worst doctor?), Optimus Lips (Prime with retractable faceplate? Why?), Jet Megatron, and Brawl as a police car (once again, I'm hoping that this is nothing but a "placeholder" name)

acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 07:11 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 06:11 PM #36 of 366
From that Michael Bay blog.

Quote:
The teaser and poster for the Transformers film will be out July 4, 2006.
Sweet zombie jesus! A month for a teaser. A MONTH.

Also, I have a very, very strong feeling the trailer will be attached to Pirates 2 (July 7th).

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 03:47 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 06:47 PM #37 of 366
Some nice pretty vehicle images from the Transformers movie have been leaked. I made a journal entry about them, and then afterwards thought I should post it here too... And since I'm too lazy to re-type everything, I'll just link it

Click Here

How ya doing, buddy?
acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:16 AM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 10:16 AM #38 of 366
While I still do believe that Bumblebee should be once a Volkswagon, always a Volkswagon, I can live with the change.

Specifically since this will be the real debut of the new Camaro concept that'll probably go into production in the next few years.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 06:50 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 09:50 AM #39 of 366
While I still do believe that Bumblebee should be once a Volkswagon, always a Volkswagon, I can live with the change.

Specifically since this will be the real debut of the new Camaro concept that'll probably go into production in the next few years.
Yeah, it kinda does suck how VW refused to be involved with Transformers ;___; (so no BB alternator, and no BB VW in the movie ;____; )

... But I have to say, the Camaro idea is definitely growing on me

How ya doing, buddy?
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 08:09 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2006, 09:09 PM #40 of 366
God damn it, I was going to make this thread.

At least Prime is getting a lot of attention in the film.

[ MOBIUS ]
Simo
Just an old killer. Hired for some wet work

Member 86

Level 24.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:19 PM #41 of 366
Teaser poster released:

The official site is also up:
http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Seems to be counting down for something at the end of the month. Teaser trailer perhaps?

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:33 AM #42 of 366
I don't have a clue whose eye that is. Is it part of a face, or is the eye in the center? If it's the latter, it's got to be Shockwave, but I'm not sure.

The coloring resembles Optimus Primal, but that's it. Otherwise, the poster is a bit blah. Something that parodies a car ad would've been far more clever.

DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:02 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 07:02 PM #43 of 366
Nice ^____^

I like the music on the site. Sure, it's just placeholder music for now, but hopefully it gives us an indication of what the tone of the movie will be like

Can't wait for the teaser now!! ^____^

I don't have a clue whose eye that is. Is it part of a face, or is the eye in the center? If it's the latter, it's got to be Shockwave, but I'm not sure.

The coloring resembles Optimus Primal, but that's it. Otherwise, the poster is a bit blah. Something that parodies a car ad would've been far more clever.

I think the eye is just a generic transformer eye looking out through a slightly modified version of the autobot faction symbol (i.e. metallic grey and eye shape altered slightly to make it look more menacing in the poster)

Try comparing the autobot faction symbol with this image, and note the creases around the nose, the upper left of the eye, and the deep "gouge/scar" above the brow. You'll see what I mean ^___^

ADDITIONAL POST:
Okay, so someone on TFW2005 actually took the flash file from the official website, took it apart, and saved the complete eye image from the flash file.

Definitely the Autobot Faction Symbol

Last edited by DukeBox; Jun 9, 2006 at 04:19 AM.
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:37 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 03:37 AM #44 of 366
Looks like it ripped off War of the Worlds on that poster. Decent though.

Tellurian
To know the face of God is to know Madness

Member 1328

Level 17.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 05:51 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 12:51 PM #45 of 366
...Which could be argued was a ripped off Independence Day poster, which in turn was probably ripped from something else...
I can agree with this motif in particular isn't anything new or exiting...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Protom@nNeo
Carob Nut

Member 4823

Level 6.27

Apr 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 07:15 AM #46 of 366
Even though blue, the eye is clearly evil. I say its megatron look at the black slanted shape of the the eye to be able to tell

How ya doing, buddy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg megatron.jpg (19.8 KB, 31 views)
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 07:35 AM #47 of 366

SOUNDWAVE SUPERIOR. SCRIPT WRITERS INFERIOR.

Soundwave is one of the few things about Transformers thats still just as bad-ass as when I was a kid. I don't care about this movie but I just don't want them to fuck with Soundwave, okay? (My goddamned winamp skin is Soundwave for fuck's sake)

FELIPE NO
DukeBox
Chocobo

Member 1947

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 08:08 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 11:08 PM #48 of 366
Originally Posted by Protom@nNeo
Even though blue, the eye is clearly evil. I say its megatron look at the black slanted shape of the the eye to be able to tell
Nah, it's definitely the Autobot Symbol

Here's the poster with the gamma heavily adjusted. Could it be any more obvious

Now compare that to the Autobot Insignia:

Also notice the image I posted above which has the complete picture of the "face" that was decompiled directly from the flash file on the official web page. Notice the startings of the "streak"/groove at the bottom of the eye, which is an easily recognisable part of the autobot symbol

Yeah, so the eye is changed slightly, but they did that with the decepticon insignia as well (below is a picture taken from one of the decepticon cars - a Mustang - to be used in the movie, followed by the original decepticon symbol)

Last edited by DukeBox; Jun 9, 2006 at 08:12 AM.
acid

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:20 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 10:20 AM #49 of 366
Originally Posted by Simo
Teaser poster released:

The official site is also up:
http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Seems to be counting down for something at the end of the month. Teaser trailer perhaps?
I cannot believe they didn't use More Than Meets the Eye.

Also, while I'm pretty sure it's not any one Transformer in particular and just some Transformer-ish eye, if I had to pick a bot, I'd go with Optimus. I don't know why, it's just the first one that popped into my head.

But that may be because I'm wearing an Optimus T-shirt next to an Optimus Transformer.

Tappy
Oh, Batsy!

Member 542

Level 15.71

Mar 2006

Old Jun 9, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 08:57 PM #50 of 366
The teaser poster doesn't really get me too excited, nor any of the other news I've heard lately.

It still isn't clear if the original voice actors will be back and who will score it (IMDB credits Steve Jablonsky, which seems the most obvious choice...but I usually doubt IMDB about these pre-release credits).

I do think the movie is in good hands with producer/writer Alex Kurtzman who has worked on some of my favorite tv-series (Alias & Xena).
Can't say I'm too happy about Michael Bay at the helm, but at least his last movie (The Island) was very good.
(I rather dislike Armegeddon & Pearl Harbor though.......very much!)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Transformers Movie (07-04-07)