Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 15, 2007, 06:37 PM Local time: Apr 15, 2007, 03:37 PM #1576 of 1941
Horde
Sadako - 48 Undead Warlock: Lethon
Pyramidhead - 24 Undead Warrior: Lethon
Dominia - 19 Blood Elf Paladin: Tichondrius
Sasori - 35 Blood Elf Rogue: Coilfang

Alliance
Aerisdies - 23 Draenei Shaman: Bonechewer
Tuepac - 3 Human Warlock: Bonechewer
Nyoron - 30 Draenei Priest: Burning Legion
Kelvena - 23 Draenei Mage: Burning Legion

I'm currently looking for a place to dump Sasori, my BE Rogue. My friends and I want to move from Lethon to a server that's not too dead and has competent end-game players as well as decent to awesome PVP. Any suggestions?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Grail
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 2483

Level 21.21

Mar 2006

Old Apr 18, 2007, 02:26 AM Local time: Apr 18, 2007, 02:26 AM #1577 of 1941
I would say travel over to Ursin, but the only basis for that claim is that it's been around for quite a while.

The pvp over there isnt' too bad, I play a BE hunter at 70 and well, the only thing that usually gets me is a lock that sneaks up on me, or when you have alliance holding hands and skipping through the fields in a group of seventeen thousand.

The arenas aren't that bad either, it's just you get put up against the eventuall pally team, or warlock team and for the most part they just blow you up or wear you down, one or the other.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:46 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 07:46 PM #1578 of 1941
Basically, the game is really boring right now. The only thing that keeps me playing is the people that I play with. But even so, I've taken a hiatus from raiding.

And it's not like I've been relegated to clearing 5 mans in pickup groups... my guild has cleared to Lady Vashj and has killed Void Reaver in Tempest Keep (although it's arguable as to whether or not any of this is actually fun.)

I'm waiting to see what this supposed "solo" content has to bring to the table in the future. I've been hearing some stuff in regards to single-player dungeons...but I don't know how much validity it has, and I don't know how soon to expect it. But if the end-game raiding continues to reap less rewards than simply grinding arena honor in a terrible team that doesn't win any games, then I think that WoW may have finally stopped being worth playing.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 21, 2007, 09:18 PM Local time: Apr 21, 2007, 09:18 PM #1579 of 1941
Basically, the game is really boring right now. The only thing that keeps me playing is the people that I play with. But even so, I've taken a hiatus from raiding.

And it's not like I've been relegated to clearing 5 mans in pickup groups... my guild has cleared to Lady Vashj and has killed Void Reaver in Tempest Keep (although it's arguable as to whether or not any of this is actually fun.)

I'm waiting to see what this supposed "solo" content has to bring to the table in the future. I've been hearing some stuff in regards to single-player dungeons...but I don't know how much validity it has, and I don't know how soon to expect it. But if the end-game raiding continues to reap less rewards than simply grinding arena honor in a terrible team that doesn't win any games, then I think that WoW may have finally stopped being worth playing.

You want to grind arena? Just have a pally and a shadow priest or a lock and a pally. Mmmm that reminds me of the good ole arena days when my friend bubbleheal and me Krushak. Just sat there raping Arenas, the only time I think we ever lost one game was cause of the fact that we got out done by a shadow priest + I think he was a holy, maybe protection pally cause he had avenger sheild. Either way the DPS + bubble heals and etc kept us from taking them down but we faced them one more time and we just raped the shadow priest and then the pally. Piece of cake.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Apr 22, 2007, 11:26 AM #1580 of 1941
I would have thought 2 Shadow Priests beat a Shadow Priest + Pally. Sure, you don't have solid big heals, but with both SP spamming the shadow spells + Vamperic Embrace, it will be very difficult to not get healed back to full in no time.

Me, as a warrior with great dps gear, I sometimes couldn't kill a shadow priest at all. All the damage I did was pretty much restored back to him straight away. Seriously they can be scary with 1000+ shadow damage gear and imp vamperic embrace.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Cozmic
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6898

Level 1.02

May 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 12:29 AM Local time: May 8, 2007, 10:29 PM #1581 of 1941
Undermine, Tortilla, 34 Blood Elf Paladin

I was speaking idiomatically.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 01:38 AM Local time: May 8, 2007, 11:38 PM #1582 of 1941
Kinkatsu, Level 38 Troll Warrior, Thorium Brotherhood, and Megahedron, Level 65 Troll Shaman, Thorium Brotherhood (retired).

Would quit if it weren't for the fact that my best friends can only be reached through this game =\

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2007, 09:37 AM #1583 of 1941
My interest is dwindling extremely. I'm taking a small break to see if that rekindles any spark. If, when I come back, the spark hasn't been relit, I'm done for good. Just not worth it anymore when I know I won't see much of any end-game.

FELIPE NO

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 03:30 AM Local time: May 11, 2007, 01:30 AM #1584 of 1941
My warrior hit 40 last night. Got a mount using the funds I transferred over from my main (about 400 gold, give or take), but now I'm at a conundrum.

My current spec is 0/28/3, or to be more accurate, this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=TZVVzV0gRbZc

My question is whether I should stick with this build, starting on Flurry and getting Bloodthirst at 43, or if I should respec to full Arms and get MS. Here's my warrior's gear: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...ood&n=Kinkatsu

How ya doing, buddy?
Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2007, 09:11 PM Local time: May 11, 2007, 09:11 PM #1585 of 1941
MOOOORTAL STRIIIIIKE!

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 12:04 AM Local time: May 15, 2007, 12:04 AM #1586 of 1941
Canceled my account today. After going about a month without logging on, I figured I was getting to the point where I was wasting money.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 09:32 AM #1587 of 1941
I came twice, but each time I regretted it. There's so many better things you can do then repeat crappy instance #5 every day. I still think they shot themselfs in the foot with how crappy the expansion is.

I heard a rumor about a Starcraft MMO, which is obviously not gonna happen, but if it would, now THAT I'd go play.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 05:29 PM #1588 of 1941
It's not that I mind running places like Steamvaults and Shadow Labs, its that I have my good days and bad days. I always seem to get the most shittiest grouping on my bad days (and I get blamed for countless wipes, blah blah blah). Also, I'd like to see end-game, but I want to see it to have fun and not to be a little worker drone that has to show up or they get the boot. I wonder when the point the game became a job was... o wait, when they got people who were the hardcore elite to help design the dungeons. Right.

Most amazing jew boots

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 08:22 PM #1589 of 1941
Ah...I have stories like that my friend. You see, for a while nobody ever wanted to do the regular non-heroic 5 mans with me, because they were more interested in heroics or other instances, so I had to use that horrible find group system.

I got the WORST possible groups. It was so bad i usually had to explain everything. My worst experience with this is when I was trying to get the wrathfire handcannon. I did SL for 2 weeks straight, like 3/4 runs a day and it never dropped. Now it not dropping is fine, but not when you have to use these horrible, horrible groups.

Most amazing jew boots

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2007, 08:31 PM Local time: May 15, 2007, 08:31 PM #1590 of 1941
Well, what really made me quit was that I put well over a year into the end-game raiding, worked my way up to get into one of the top 10 guilds in the world (we even had a world first on one of the Naxxramas bosses). And then with the expansion, we're forced to cut our numbers by 15 from our core (we kept the number of accounts in our guild really low -- around 50 active players). Raids go from needing 3+ of every class to needing 3+ of everything except maybe mages and warlocks, pretty much (thanks, Soulwell).

On top of that, the gear that we were even getting from Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep were pretty much worse than what you could get from Karazhan, and arguably worse than what any schmuck could get from grinding PvP (which doesn't even require you to win to get). I really feel a little put off and underappreciated for the 2+ years that I spent playing. Of course, I realize that the hardcore raiding community is a lot smaller than the average/shitty ("casual") playerbase, so Blizzard must bend to their will to keep raking in the dough.

Maybe WoW will become worth playing in two years when 80% of the players have quit and Blizzard will need to do something to appease the hardcore players to keep them around. Kind of like EverQuest. But I don't suppose they'll care much if they have Starcraft Universe out and raking in billions.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 01:35 AM #1591 of 1941
I've gotten groups that just made me zone out completely (as in I just sit and stare). They would fuck around and wipe.. and wipe... and wipe. Now I'm all for fucking around, and I've been in groups that we've goofed off, but also everyone had their head out of their ass and knew what we were doing. Currently I'm 900 rep away from Revered with CE and 400 rep away from Rev with Thrallmar. I'll probably never see those two through to Revered, much less Exalted. I've got some "epic curse" on me it seems. The only BC epic I have, is that Planar Axe that I spent 500g to craft.

Funny that a game that was touted as being "anti-EQ" and "all play styles" seems to be centered around raiding or PVPing. I'd rather solo stuff and do stuff with my small group of friends than still have to join a guild to do end-game. :\ I'm not cut out for MMORPGs it seems.

FELIPE NO

Guru

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 02:09 AM Local time: May 16, 2007, 02:09 AM 1 #1592 of 1941
People with lives are not cut out for (being good at) MMORPGS. Don't feel too bad~

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 06:26 AM #1593 of 1941
Well, I'm a good player. I've had people ask my why the hell I'm not in a big raiding guild. Simply put, I treat it as it is, a game. I don't treat it as some huge e-peen fest of having to have the best stuff and flaunt it around. (Although I wouldn't mind having me some of that T4 and 5~)

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2007, 07:39 AM #1594 of 1941
There's many reasons that made me quit, but the new 25 man raiding was amongst them, and also the fact that all the gear that I collected for more then a year was instantly crap. I mean at some point I had the best tanking gear around and then *poof* it's gone. I even had to stop using the Thunderfury because it was crap. ;_;

Constant warrior nerfs didn't help either, and my interest in general was rapidily decreasing.

How ya doing, buddy?

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 11:00 PM Local time: May 21, 2007, 09:00 PM #1595 of 1941
Patch is confirmed to be tomorrow.

...Woo?

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2007, 11:31 PM #1596 of 1941
I think it's fair at this point to say ::noonecares::.

How ya doing, buddy?

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2007, 05:06 PM #1597 of 1941
For as long as the patch notes are, this one just felt like a big tweaks patch of stuff that needed to get taken care of. Only this will likely include the "break all the mod functionality" just like every content patch always does.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 04:31 AM #1598 of 1941
All my mods worked fine.

Also, in other somewhat related news, my paladin did an almost full run of KZ on Monday. Aaaand since I've waited so long to do anything with my guild due to work getting in the way and what-not, pretty much everything was rot. I ended up with Boots of Valiance, Pauldrons of the Justice-Seeker, and the T4 helm. Not bad for my first somewhat full run of the place. Fun stuff.

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2007, 05:09 PM #1599 of 1941
Yeah I was completely astonished when I logged in and none of those crazy messages came up on how mod x couldn't do something on line 159495.

Grats on the loot!

FELIPE NO

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2007, 02:37 AM #1600 of 1941
I think I got into a "permanent" Karazhan group as an OT. This is my third time in the place and I fully understand I probably won't be a "main" goer, but more of a backup when that other's guild's other tank can't make it, but it's been pretty fun. We got to Attunmen but that's it. (really didn't have the healing nor DPS to do much of any damage) but that's all apart of learning the place. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I get "phat lewts". Next Kara run will put me at honored and if we can take down Attunmen, then I'll be able to purchase a couple of the epic blacksmithing plans from the stables.

Oooh! Has anyone started those new faction quests? I started on the Skyguard to get a Nether Ray. It's going to be tough since they're all being farmed to hell and back, but those Nether Ray mounts look cool as shit.

Last edited by dagget; May 25, 2007 at 02:40 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft