Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 06:34 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 04:34 AM 1 #1501 of 1941
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#s...searchType=all

I am quite proud of the fact that out of 8 million players, I'm the only Megahedron.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2007, 08:56 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2007, 08:56 AM #1502 of 1941
There is only about 6 other Krushaks for my Orc lock...

How can I be 908 revelance?

OH AND PEOPLEZ! This website is great to find ninjas.

Especially in the sense of people ninjaing blacksmithing epics and etc.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:23 AM #1503 of 1941
There is only about 6 other Krushaks for my Orc lock...

How can I be 908 revelance?

OH AND PEOPLEZ! This website is great to find ninjas.

Especially in the sense of people ninjaing blacksmithing epics and etc.
oooh how? =o

FELIPE NO

Kamui
The Magician

Member 1165

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:35 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 09:35 AM #1504 of 1941
What's a good hunter build these days? Mostly for PvP with perhaps a side of farming.

I'm thinking of stealing my brother's 60 hunter then grab BC later on.

How ya doing, buddy?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 06:50 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2007, 04:50 PM #1505 of 1941
41 Marksman or 41 Beast Mastery, either one works.

BM if you want to farm more, Marksman if you want to PVP.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:09 PM #1506 of 1941
I have to say, that +stam change for Druid's Bear Form is actually pretty cool. If a druid is properly geared, they can end up with more health. Shit, I'm restspec and I got about 100 more health out of it.

I don't like my lower armor, though. >8U I AM TOO SQUISHY NOW.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:30 PM #1507 of 1941
I think armory is pretty cool, the only thing that pisses me off is most characters are usually unavailable because it's waiting for a refresh or something, even when the character was online like 5 minutes ago, or even still online.

I think it's pretty cool. I do know some people who find it annoying though that they don't want others to see their stats. I don't know what they are so upset about. Its not like the same info can't be found by other means.

and about druids being nerfed. About fucking time. They way they were, and probably still are is stupid. the 15k health, and what 20k armor? that's not normal, but what pisses me off more then anything is that they can still do a LOT of dps for a spec that's "tanking" show me a protection warrior please that can do dps while tanking.

A hybrid class like this should never be allowed to outshine the class it's based on. A rogue/fury warrior should do more damage then a feral cat druid, and a protection warrior should be a better more disirable tank. why? because we have to spec for that, if we spec fury we're pretty shit tanks, if we spec protection we are PATHETIC for doing damage. A druid can go in feral tree which is both dps and tank specs, and do both.

If you ever roll a warrior and are stuck in protection you WILL know the pain i'm talking about. we are great in raids for tanking, sure, but pvp? not a option. grinding? not a option.

BTW. I think it's time for celebrations. Something important happend! after 2 years warriors finally got buffed without a single nerf thrown in. I was looking at the warrior section expecting some more bad news, but was surprised to see what I was reading. 20% more rage, 1% more crit, TC in defensive stance, more health from commanding shout, imp battle shout working for commanding shout. I couldn't believe it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)

Last edited by Xellos; Mar 6, 2007 at 10:33 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2007, 09:24 AM #1508 of 1941

If you ever roll a warrior and are stuck in protection you WILL know the pain i'm talking about. we are great in raids for tanking, sure, but pvp? not a option. grinding? not a option.

BTW. I think it's time for celebrations. Something important happend! after 2 years warriors finally got buffed without a single nerf thrown in. I was looking at the warrior section expecting some more bad news, but was surprised to see what I was reading. 20% more rage, 1% more crit, TC in defensive stance, more health from commanding shout, imp battle shout working for commanding shout. I couldn't believe it.
Boy that ain't no shit. I went from 60-67 grinding in protection. Now granted, I can do some pretty nasty damage. I don't know why, but I've always been a really hard hitter, even in protection, but when I went to Arms to level it was like "woah". I could kill off 5-6 mobs easy without worrying about my health dropping too much. Once I hit 70 I went back into protection and now it's like I hit less than I did before I left it. My best Shield Bash (slam?) hit used to be for up towards 600+ crit in protection.

I used Commanding Shout last night and noticed it gave me like 1100 health and I was like "WTF, did I get another rank and not know?!?!" I looked down, still Rank 1 but instead of 780 it was like 1030 (1080?) and I just went "fucking sweet".

Second Key fragment got. I FUCKING HATE, hate hate hate LOATHE Steamvaults. Granted it was my first time being in there, but that instance pisses me off so bad. Sadly, I don't think my gear is good enough to be in there, either that or you really need two healers. ooooh I hate that place. Also, that second boss in Shadow Labs (the one in what looks like the school room cafeteria) can fucking kiss my ass too.

I haven't been this upset over bosses in quite a long time, I love it

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 01:02 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 12:02 AM #1509 of 1941
Boy that ain't no shit. I went from 60-67 grinding in protection. Now granted, I can do some pretty nasty damage. I don't know why, but I've always been a really hard hitter, even in protection, but when I went to Arms to level it was like "woah". I could kill off 5-6 mobs easy without worrying about my health dropping too much. Once I hit 70 I went back into protection and now it's like I hit less than I did before I left it. My best Shield Bash (slam?) hit used to be for up towards 600+ crit in protection.

I used Commanding Shout last night and noticed it gave me like 1100 health and I was like "WTF, did I get another rank and not know?!?!" I looked down, still Rank 1 but instead of 780 it was like 1030 (1080?) and I just went "fucking sweet".

Second Key fragment got. I FUCKING HATE, hate hate hate LOATHE Steamvaults. Granted it was my first time being in there, but that instance pisses me off so bad. Sadly, I don't think my gear is good enough to be in there, either that or you really need two healers. ooooh I hate that place. Also, that second boss in Shadow Labs (the one in what looks like the school room cafeteria) can fucking kiss my ass too.

I haven't been this upset over bosses in quite a long time, I love it
Please explain in detail why you're hating on Steamvaults. My Shaman has solo healed normal and heroic Steamvaults multiple times, and I'd have to call it the easiest 70 instance. Maybe I can find what's going wrong, because I'm sure any 70 player that isn't wearing greens of the boar can run that place.

- WraithTwo -

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:36 AM #1510 of 1941
Well I'm back playing WoW. In fact, I got Burning Crusade. I'm a level 14 Blood Elf Paladin named Caemec on Llane.

Of the three n00b zones I've been in (Night Elf, Human and Blood Elf), the Blood Elf one feels the most inviting. It's bright and colorful, and the music makes you want to enjoy the scenery. Of course, I've leveled up 13 levels in about 17 hours, so I didn't do much of that.

Like anyone curious about the new professions would do, I took on Jewelcrafting and Mining. Mining I was used to with my first character, but, unlike Teldrassil (the Night Elf starting zone), the Blood Elf starting zone is RIFE with copper nodes. And Prospecting is an ingenious skill. When you can't level up with mining and smelting copper anymore, just Prospect the ore and you'll go towards helping out your JCing skill. They compliment each other a lot better than any of the other skills I've done. I've also this time bothered to take on Cooking and First Aid (and even Fishing!) to a small extent, but Fishing just doesn't seem to help you as much as First Aid or Cooking do.

The Dead Scar is kind of dumb. What happened to the Tip they kept showing about not having to worry about being attacked while walking the main path?

Silvermoon is a terrific city. You can feel the regal sense of the state of things at every turn...it's like Stormwind and Ironforge combined. The only problem: it's empty. A city without bustle is not an entertaining one. You can walk around anywhere in IF or SW and run into someone. In Silvermoon, on occasion, I feel like I have the entire city to myself. It's kind of sad, but indicative of the Alliance-heavy slant on Llane.

Last edited by Dopefish; Mar 8, 2007 at 11:42 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:39 AM #1511 of 1941
Please explain in detail why you're hating on Steamvaults. My Shaman has solo healed normal and heroic Steamvaults multiple times, and I'd have to call it the easiest 70 instance. Maybe I can find what's going wrong, because I'm sure any 70 player that isn't wearing greens of the boar can run that place.

- WraithTwo -
What's your gear? Karazhan? Beyond? Yeah, I've got 12k HP buffed. I get smacked around for about 1500+ hp/hit from bosses. I hate it because it's frustrating. I can't stay up long enough to do any decent sort of tanking (and yes, I'm protection spec). Oh and I might have about 2-3 greens on total.

FELIPE NO

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:05 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 12:05 PM #1512 of 1941
Ahahah =D Dope! I'm on Llane, too!

Blood Elf Mage, about 15 right now -- Valariane
I also have a 24 Undead Rogue -- Everene
And my Alliance 60 Human Warrior -- Vaard

Anyhow, it is an empty city indeed. Quite sad =( I'll leave it behind before not much longer -- Ogrimmar & Undercity (did I get those names right) are so much more lively.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 01:34 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 12:34 PM #1513 of 1941
What's your gear? Karazhan? Beyond? Yeah, I've got 12k HP buffed. I get smacked around for about 1500+ hp/hit from bosses. I hate it because it's frustrating. I can't stay up long enough to do any decent sort of tanking (and yes, I'm protection spec). Oh and I might have about 2-3 greens on total.
To answer your first question, at this point, I have 4 Kara epics, 1 Heroic epic (but it blows for Shaman, I just have nothing better) and 1 green (although, in all fairness, the green kicks major ass). When I started Steamvaults though, I was fresh to 70 with 0 epics (unless you count my ZG bracers, heh) and a few greens. Armory profile below.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#c...ll&n=Wraithtwo

Dude, you sound fine, are you sure your healers are up to it? The hardest part about the instance is probably the bog lords that you kill up to the first boss. Skip the water elems on the right, they are even worse. On the first boss, as long as the dps destroys the water elems, and everyone moves out of the clouds, she should go down easily. Second boss, dps downs adds, tank and spank boss. Third, the moment the boss starts drinking, everyone downs water canister before he goes berserk.

- WraithTwo -

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 05:12 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 03:12 PM #1514 of 1941
...ZG bracers at 70?

Most amazing jew boots
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2007, 03:56 AM Local time: Mar 9, 2007, 02:56 AM #1515 of 1941
Man, I know . There was nothing better from quests on the way to 70 (they give you a billion different choices of chest/gloves and a few others, but bracers are almost completely ignored). There are great bracers in Black Morass, and out of the 10 runs I've done of it (7 in one sitting, BTW), I've seen the bracers ONCE. On that run, a Shaman friend was with me, and she won the roll.

I've now finished my 5th week in Karazhan, still haven't seen Whirlwind bracers from the first boss, but I keep my fingers crossed.

- WraithTwo -

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2007, 09:15 AM #1516 of 1941
...ZG bracers at 70?
Dude, I had the Wrath Bracelets until 69. Where I upgraded to the... JUNIOR 3rd GRADE TECHNICIAN WRISTS!

Yeah, sorry if I sounded all angry and shit towards you Wraith, I just really get frustrated when I know I'm tanking right, but get creamed like that. We'd get the second boss to about 20% and then the priest is out of mana and I've already popped Last Stand.

That still doesn't make me fell any less hate for Blackheart the Inciter though. That boss can just kiss my ass all over.

Most amazing jew boots

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:54 AM #1517 of 1941
So I decided to dump my Alliance main (60 NE Hunter) and two Alliance alts (22 Human Priest and 22 NE Warrior) and concentrate all firepower on the nearest Star Dest-- I mean, on my 14 BE Paladin. Which means I just gave all the money from those three chars (71 gold) to that character. Wheee economic freedom is fantastic sometimes.

IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2007, 01:17 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2007, 01:17 PM #1518 of 1941
I kind of miss WarCraft. It's just sooo time consuming--and costly. =p

I would expect to be back into the game after finals in May.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:49 PM #1519 of 1941

They buffed commanding shout in the last patch by 50%. I am fury and they changed Imp battle shout to work with commanding shout as well so you'll get around 1350 health with it.

Ok let me rephrase it. You can level and grind as protection, but really why would you want to? When I was MT2 I was protection for ages, and when I grinded I could do it in such a way that I never lose health, but it's not a lie when I say that as fury or even arms you grind 5 times faster. Even if your grinding as protection but in your dps gear, it will still be 2 or 3 times as slow, since you only have heroic strike.

And shield slam was changed a while back. it used to be 30 rage and crit for like 1.2k, now it's like err 20 rage but crits for like 700ish.

Quit wow again btw. It was just...seen it all, done it all. Screw this. I'm not in a big epeen guild anymore like I was a long time ago, and that really makes the difference I'd say. I was a hardcore raider, and now all I can do is shitty 5 mans.

FELIPE NO

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 07:52 AM #1520 of 1941
You know you're dreaming when you think you've killed a monster that's dropped an epic mount.

Not that I need an epic mount to drop. YAY PALADINS.

Most amazing jew boots

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:04 AM #1521 of 1941
Finally got my flying mount. Now I get to do the Tempest Keep areas and get my third key fragment. All that's left after that is a run through Black Morass for the actual Karazhan key.

I'm going back and forth from losing interest to getting it again. Now that the other tank in the guild is not grounded anymroe, maybe I can work on my paladin without having to be on beck and call for tanking.

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:19 AM #1522 of 1941
A lot of people I know are losing interest in the game, more precisely the expansion. I agree with a lot of arguments that they make. That it takes too long to get attuned, that there's not enough to keep you busy once you are.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:42 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2007, 11:42 AM #1523 of 1941
A lot of people I know are losing interest in the game, more precisely the expansion. I agree with a lot of arguments that they make. That it takes too long to get attuned, that there's not enough to keep you busy once you are.

It isn't that it's too much work to get keyed. It's too much fucking work to get the god damn mount.

People are like I made 2k while questing. Funny, by the time I hit 70 and cleared out like three or so areas of questing. I came up with only 500g. And that is with training only and minor purchases(Such as herbs to get my alche up to speed) but I never spent more on herbs then what I had made that day. So if I only made like 20g I only bought 20g worth of gold.

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:11 PM #1524 of 1941
Thats kinda weird. I went into the exp with 140g on my character. After reaching level 70 with quests and not using the AH to sell anything the whole time, I still had 1600g after buying my training and mount.
Getting attuned isnt too much work. Its part of the game, you're supposed to be having fun doing stuff like that, and if you arent, why are you playing? O_o

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 02:35 PM #1525 of 1941
Getting attuned is half of it. I mean, I can see where you need to do certain things kinda like the Ony chain. But it's fucking ridiculous. To get the Kara key, it isn't a straight forward "do this place and this place" You first go to Shadow Labs, which the Cafeteria boss is a pain in the ass, worse than the fight with Murmur. Then Khadgar is like "oh lol, you need Steamvaults and Arcatraz" Steamvaults isn't so bad, if you have a decent group with you. Arcatraz however, you need to either have the key or find someone with the key. The key to Arc looks to be a somewhat INVOLVED manner. Plus you HAVE to have your flying mount to reach Tempest Keep. Rinse and repeat for any guild members who are going to get attuned.

It's too fucking tedious.

The other half is that I just don't know what to do anymore. I love the people in the game I interact with, but I also need to get on with shit outside of it too. If I leave, I worry about the people I'll diappoint (cause I hate disappointed people in general) but if I stay, I end up just miserable as hell.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft