Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 12:59 PM #1376 of 1941
Originally Posted by Shifty
Yeah, I share some of this sentiment. I came back recently to play my priest and catch up with my old WoW buddies and I found out that they were removing the dynamic functionality of the UI that made healing tolerable in large raids such as emergency monitors and Decursive-style interfaces.

Sure, there are new dungeons which have smaller groups but that's no excuse to make my job harder and more boring than it is currently. I went looking for a straight-forward answer and it sounded like Blizzard wanted people to go back to playing whack-a-mole with health bars.

And don't even start about the priest class talents - some sort of worthwhile holy talent or a better definition of the class trees would be greatly appreciated, but instead we get more shiny talents to distract from the real work that it deserves.

Have fun with the expansion. I know I won't be back.
I know your pain, and it's exactly why Blizz helped solidify me to continue leveling my horde druid, instead of returning to my alliance priest.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't like a mod or something making all the logic choices of what rank of a heal to cast and all. What I'm mainly interested in, is a UI that just allows smarter targeting so I'm not wasting so much time clicking on someone and then selecting the heal from my hot keys. At least Blizz didn't totally ban click targeting mods like Clique entirely, but this has pretty much made my plan to look into going more of a PvP route with my druid and all my future characters a better looking one than raiding. But we'll see. My horde druid isn't even level 60 yet, so I have plenty of time to figure where I want to take him.

But seriously, is it just me, or does Blizz have no freaking clue of what to do with the Priest Holy talents? The "new" talents that priests received for the expansion seemed so boring and yawntastic that I'm tempted never to play the priest class ever again. 1.10 made it seem like Blizz had some ideas for where they wanted to take the priest class, and it filled me with so much hope that maybe they could make healing in raids less of a monotonous task. Too bad that doesn't seem to be the case since talents like lolwell and Improved Death are still in the tree.

The other part of it, is how I got tired of my old alliance guild in which I and many other priests were busting our asses with a Healing spec while everyone else was specing how they wanted because the guild wanted to be flexible to all playstyles. That's not Blizz's fault since the guild just had a bunch of moochers who waited for the hardcore raiders to get an encounter on farm status, and then they'd start signing up to ride the coat tails, but I guess it just reinforces how healers can become burnt out so much easier than DPS classes when we're constantly having to help gear up new people because the guild was too casual and other folks leave over little and big issues alike.

Most amazing jew boots

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 03:43 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 03:43 PM #1377 of 1941
What are you talking that the holy spec is bad? It's great, a healing clearcast? Pretty much making a free heal and other talents.

/me shrugs. Maybe I just have too much oppitimistic about things from reports from my guild.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
spheny
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 17403

Level 1.02

Dec 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 08:16 PM #1378 of 1941
Anyone here play on Alleria or Burning Crusade? Those are my two main servers and i have all sorts of builds for them. I only own a guild on Alleria though. If you are ever on it, the guild name is "Richeous Ire". Very nice guild with all 60's except for a few like lvl 30'2 which are freinds. Username for those two servers (main characters) is Razzalin. I am a 60 night elf hunter with full epic, working on a set of tear 3, and am up for helping out with raids that dont have vent. I prefer it though.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hiya Donka Doo!
VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 08:40 PM #1379 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
and it filled me with so much hope that maybe they could make healing in raids less of a monotonous task.
Healing is always monotonous. In fact, tanking and DPS can get monotonous as well. It's just how you look at it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 25, 2006, 09:44 PM Local time: Dec 25, 2006, 09:44 PM #1380 of 1941
Yeah DPSing as a rogue is monotonous. Slice n Dice, Evis, blade flurry, adren rush, SS and like one other move.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 07:44 AM Local time: Dec 26, 2006, 07:44 AM #1381 of 1941
The entire game is monotonous when you really think about it. Every class has a standard subset of moves that they should do, and no one really has a unique playstyle because everyone is made to do the same thing. That's the problem with World of Warcraft really, once a single group of people find something that works the userbase as a whole is made to follow what works.

As a result, each class yields the same bullshit. No matter what you play, the only differences will be the subtle manner and timing in which you use your already pre-determined skills. If you don't do something like everyone else does it, you're "ebayed" and suck ass. If you do, you're normal and nobody cares to praise you. When you get praise, it ends up being a big popularity contest of friends that want to put you on a pedestal when in reality, you may not even know what the hell you're doing undeserving of praise in the first place. So your "unique" character is just a carbon copy clone of X named holy spec Priest or Y named elemental spec Shaman. There's also the substandard attempts at "balance" Blizzard keeps trying to do, which doesn't help. This leads to wondering why people play it in the first place, and the vicious circle begins.

Of course, there are people who claim they pay $15 a month for their social networking, when things like a phone and IMs work just fine.

People have their own reasons, I guess.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:51 PM #1382 of 1941
I guess it really depends on the situation. I find that any encounter that is pretty much on farm status to be very monotonous as a healer because I usually don't have to do much in the way of healing. It's mostly renews, and the occasional GHeal. My fondest healing memories are either when first learning an encounter, or when something goes wrong (i.e. bad pull, fleeing mob drawing adds, etc.), and how I was able to pull either all or most of the group through the whole thing with my healing. I always got a nice adrenaline rush from those situations, that normal healing can lack at times.

My main complaints about the Holy tree is that it just didn't seem to offer many talents that gave me this "I want to try that!" feeling like the 1.10 patch did. It just has this recycled feel to it, and thus why I'm leveling a Druid at this point (that and I've always wanted to level a Druid anyways).

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Dec 26, 2006, 05:13 PM Local time: Dec 26, 2006, 03:13 PM #1383 of 1941
I know that feeling, Kaelin.

Whenever I tanked with my warrior alt, and something would go wrong, and I kept EVERY mob on me, allowing everybody to DPS each down perfectly while I was healed, for accidental continuous pulls of up to 10 or more mobs... UNF.

It was like I was king of the whole god damn WORLD there.

How ya doing, buddy?
Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2006, 07:59 AM Local time: Dec 28, 2006, 10:29 PM #1384 of 1941
Quote:
What are you talking that the holy spec is bad? It's great, a healing clearcast? Pretty much making a free heal and other talents.
Too much offensive stuff in a tree that I'd prefer to be a "healing tree" for my liking. Things like Blessed Resilience, Surge of Light, Spell Warding and Blessed Recovery aren't really useful to me as a healer.

The Clearcast only works for FHeal and GHeal. Which I guess will be used a lot more than Heal in BC. /shrug

I dropped my dependence for FHeal in raids a long time ago, pretty much because we had sorted out who was flashing and who was using the big heals. Meters weren't an issue if you were doing your job.

The new Spirit of Redemption is hot. Forget the lag issues, 5% bonus spirit is worth 1 point, pity its so far up the tree. And the other talents are just additions to healing, which can be substituted with gear and buffs.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:13 AM Local time: Dec 28, 2006, 11:13 AM #1385 of 1941
Too much offensive stuff in a tree that I'd prefer to be a "healing tree" for my liking. Things like Blessed Resilience, Surge of Light, Spell Warding and Blessed Recovery aren't really useful to me as a healer.
That's cause blizzard made it more PVP worthy for the heal bots.

Quote:
The Clearcast only works for FHeal and GHeal. Which I guess will be used a lot more than Heal in BC. /shrug

If you PVP or not, it's still awesome. My guild atleast, we had our own little groups to heal and etc. So you had to watch your own little sections to heal.

Originally Posted by Zio
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Dec 30, 2006, 10:11 AM #1386 of 1941
Not sure if you guys have seen these yet, but I came across links to parody/satire talents for the warrior and priest BC talent tress. Check them out for some good laughs.

Priest: http://www.talents.unleashedgaming.net/?p=vt&i=3434

Warrior: http://talents.unleashedgaming.net/?p=vt&i=3673

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 11:57 AM Local time: Dec 31, 2006, 11:57 AM #1387 of 1941
I should make a rogue/lock one. :X

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 31, 2006, 02:17 PM #1388 of 1941
Got invited to a BWL pug the other night. (Most of the horde-side guilds have stopped raiding due to BC) We downed Razorgore and I ended up with a nice new pair of wrath bracers. So it's like T1: 4/8 and T2 1/8 The stamina on is insane. Would have had the Wrath helm too (couldn't get Vael, so we went to down Ony) but the leader neglected to let it known that both runs counted as 1 raid and since I got the bracers I couldn't win the helmet. (I had rolled and won it and before he could send it to me, someone made the call about it) . But hey, it's cool. Just about 2 weeks till BC anyway.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 02:09 AM #1389 of 1941
here's how I play! http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...ld-of-warcraft

Most amazing jew boots
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jan 1, 2007, 03:10 AM Local time: Jan 1, 2007, 01:10 AM #1390 of 1941
He would be a night elf rogue.

How ya doing, buddy?
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:39 PM #1391 of 1941
Nothing beats cliche will of the forsaken rogues. Seriously 99% of horde rogues are undead, it's quite sad.

FELIPE NO

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 01:19 AM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 01:19 AM #1392 of 1941
Everything the horde has is undead save for the classes that undead can't be.

Eh I just don't like how undead look nor thier areas

I just pick races based more so on looks then thier racial abilities unless they really matter such as resistance to stuns, more HP and etc but to me Will of the Forsaken is still overrated IMO.

I dueled a deathwish warrior as a demo lock and still owned.

Originally Posted by Zio
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 07:18 AM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 06:18 AM #1393 of 1941
Everything the horde has is undead save for the classes that undead can't be.

Eh I just don't like how undead look nor thier areas

I just pick races based more so on looks then thier racial abilities unless they really matter such as resistance to stuns, more HP and etc but to me Will of the Forsaken is still overrated IMO.

I dueled a deathwish warrior as a demo lock and still owned.
I dunno, it may seem like that, but I'd rather be a Tauren OR Orc over UD Warrior, easily (and would play Gnome Warrior over any of the 3). In addition, while Will IS hot, I think the two previously mentioned races in particular give the Forsaken a run for their money. I'd prefer an Orc Warlock for instance (although either are excellent choices). Even though my Priest is Forsaken, there have been times in which I wish I had rolled Troll (although if I had the choice to change race on the guy, I wouldn't).

In short, I agree that while no one can deny that UD are powerful, I don't consider them the best race in the game, not even on the Horde. It really depends on what the class tries to accomplish, depending on what you're playing, Stoneform or (especially) Escape Artist smoke it, and that's just talking about the "break" abilities.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:22 AM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 03:22 AM #1394 of 1941
Wraith, I just hate how they look and thier starting areas. Or else I'd proably be them, besides there are so many, it's overrated.

Taruen give the nice HP bonus plus AOE stun. Orc can resist stuns and have axe specialization plus blood fury. I think both work quite well.

I don't know about gnome though, it's a nice ability but it's on a 1 sec cast + it seems overrated to me. Sure a extra escape + 5% more int is good but meh, I'd rather be a human or night self. I can't stand midgets in WoW, that includes dwarves too.

It's not even what you are trying to accomplish, it's what you want the most.

Trolls pwn in caster classes cause of berserking. Nothing like pulling off flash and great heals at about 30% faster then everyone else(That is if you burn yourself like my brother does.), he eats a few runes that eat life for mana. Berserks and go wheeeeeee!

THe only reason my rogue is troll, not only cause trolls look a lot better but I liked berserking. It's nice to have a 30% extra attack in PVP after you potted, with blade flurry and slice n dice since my rogue is mace spec combat spec PVP build. It's great! Plus now with deadly throw, throw spec for troll racial is useful.

The only reason I like NE is cause of the ability to eat and shadowmeld. It's very useful IMO. Humans have nice extra spirit, double rep rewards, plus that increase stealth sight.

Orc lock = stun resist, extra pet damage( whee fel guard!), and blood fury. Nice 126 or so extra spell damage for 15 secs.

I already listed why for the others. Fel hunter + perception = bye bye stealthies.

Originally Posted by Zio
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:44 AM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 02:44 AM #1395 of 1941
Wraith, I just hate how they look and thier starting areas. Or else I'd proably be them, besides there are so many, it's overrated.

Taruen give the nice HP bonus plus AOE stun. Orc can resist stuns and have axe specialization plus blood fury. I think both work quite well.

I don't know about gnome though, it's a nice ability but it's on a 1 sec cast + it seems overrated to me. Sure a extra escape + 5% more int is good but meh, I'd rather be a human or night self. I can't stand midgets in WoW, that includes dwarves too.

It's not even what you are trying to accomplish, it's what you want the most.

Trolls pwn in caster classes cause of berserking. Nothing like pulling off flash and great heals at about 30% faster then everyone else(That is if you burn yourself like my brother does.), he eats a few runes that eat life for mana. Berserks and go wheeeeeee!

THe only reason my rogue is troll, not only cause trolls look a lot better but I liked berserking. It's nice to have a 30% extra attack in PVP after you potted, with blade flurry and slice n dice since my rogue is mace spec combat spec PVP build. It's great! Plus now with deadly throw, throw spec for troll racial is useful.

The only reason I like NE is cause of the ability to eat and shadowmeld. It's very useful IMO. Humans have nice extra spirit, double rep rewards, plus that increase stealth sight.

Orc lock = stun resist, extra pet damage( whee fel guard!), and blood fury. Nice 126 or so extra spell damage for 15 secs.

I already listed why for the others. Fel hunter + perception = bye bye stealthies.
Just a couple things to add:

I agree with you COMPLETELY on the hatred of the Forsaken's appearance. I can deal with the decomposing and hunched appearance, but there is NO excuse for having all their armor cut off at the arms and legs and their own ribs showing through everything. It automatically makes 99% of gear look horrid on them.

Secondly, they buffed Gnomes Escape Artist AGAIN in the expansion, to instant cast (still 1 minute CD).

- WraithTwo -

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 07:39 AM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 05:39 AM #1396 of 1941
Coming from an orc warrior, I'd rather be undead than anything on the Alliance side. I'd rather play as a sea bass that kind of flops around a little bit when you try to move than play as Alliance.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 02:15 PM Local time: Jan 8, 2007, 02:15 PM #1397 of 1941
Even then Wraith, why would you give some up nice bonuses as a NE or even a human? *shrugs* I just find escape artist and WoTF overrated.

Besides I thought undead were rotting, not thier armor :X.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:19 PM #1398 of 1941
Damn right. I picked NE warrior because I played NE in the closed beta and I loved the starting areas and the way they look. I didn't even know there were racials until I bought the game.

If I was horde I would definately go orc or tauren over undead.

Tauren because look awesome, and if your a racial whore, which I really am not, 5% health and warstomp -> wotf.

Orc is probably the best warrior for horde, 25% stun resist, axe spec and blood fury. it has warrior written all over it.

I am seriously thinking of making a horde warrior, because alliance is so pissing me off lately. I've been pvping for the past month and the ignorance and general dickishness of alliance can't be more obvious then in battlegrounds. If only there was a option to switch to horde instantly. =(

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
HazelGuy
Good Chocobo

Member 4960

Level 14.57

Apr 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:57 PM Local time: Jan 9, 2007, 06:57 AM #1399 of 1941
Even then Wraith, why would you give some up nice bonuses as a NE or even a human? *shrugs* I just find escape artist and WoTF overrated.

Besides I thought undead were rotting, not thier armor :X.
Yeah, how am I supposed to hold my insides in if my armor is full of holes. That skin ain't going to patch itself Bliz!

FELIPE NO
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jan 8, 2007, 06:30 PM #1400 of 1941
I agree overall about how silly the Forsaken look with their armor being cut off where it is. It's for that reason why the only Forsaken character I've made so far that have gotten bored with has been an (admittedly cliche) Undead Lock. The robes help cover up the legs and such, and the exposed parts at the elbows don't look as bad. Plus I just love running around with Mini Diablo, and my Demon pet. It just gives off this Warlock feel more so than any living Warlock class would for me.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft