Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 07:21 PM #1151 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
That's fucking sad.

I've seen some GREEN items from burning crusade that are better then like T1-3. This is such a stupid thing. All those people that spent more then a YEAR getting their gear will be fucked over.

Nice job blizzard. May the cash be with you.
Still thats just a single item, having a full T3 set with bonuses I'm sure will still last people to 70.

One thing that would be nice would be legendary upgrades. The 3 legendaries are going to be pretty norm come 60+ and they take a crap load of time and effort to get. They should add special quests/drops from lvl 70 bosses that work like a BoP enchantment that can only be used to upgrade the legendary items. So they can continue being legendary!

FELIPE NO
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 07:31 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 05:31 PM #1152 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
Well, Warriors got buffed out the wazoo today.

2 points' TM trainable at 20, with the rest as a 3-point talent in Prot.

10% health regen every time they get stunned/immobilized.

Imp. MS that increases damage by 5% and reduces the cooldown by 1 second.

Rampage buffed to give 300 AP.

Not bad, overall. They need it, Lord knows.
Sweet. Warriors aren't a living hell to play in the expansion now.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:19 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 07:19 PM #1153 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
That's fucking sad.

I've seen some GREEN items from burning crusade that are better then like T1-3. This is such a stupid thing. All those people that spent more then a YEAR getting their gear will be fucked over.

Nice job blizzard. May the cash be with you.
Eh, I'm indifferent to this. The way I see it, there were three options they could take.

They could either balance the new content around the assumption that you HAVE raided, and that you DO have BWL or better gear, and fuck over 90% of the population.

They could balance the new content around the assumption that you play casually and either can't or won't raid, and EVERYBODY would be pissed because the raiders would fly to 70, beat the new raid dungeons, and cry about how the expansion offered nothing real new to them.

Meanwhile, the CASUALS are pissed because the raiders levelled quicker than they did and started raiding sooner than they did and the raiders are taking that new gear and fucking around with the casuals.

The final solution is to balance the new content around the assumption that you DO have good gear, and then provide ACCESS to the good gear. It's not the perfect solution, but it's inevitable, since Blizzard allowed the gear disparity to get so out of hand.

And considering that raiders will wind up getting better gear than everybody else because they're RAIDING, all this is pointless anyway.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 07:43 PM #1154 of 1941
And considering that raiders will wind up getting better gear than everybody else because they're RAIDING, all this is pointless anyway.
Pretty much.

Casuals gloating to raiders that level 63 blues are better than Naxx gear crack me up. Who do they think will get said blues first, hit 70 first, and get the endgame gear first?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:57 PM #1155 of 1941
Actually all of this cracks me up. There are people that gloat that the blues are better than T2/AQ40/Naxx gear like somhow magically it's going to fall into their hands first. Then there are the loot-whore raiders (the raiders who value loot over everything else) flipping out because the gear that early is better. Most of the people who are part those two categories are morons anyway.

I know the shit's going to be hard and take work and dedication. But I'm sure that places like Karazhan and the rest aren't like Molten Snore.

Plus the hardcore raiders are going to be getting geared in the special 70 hard mode gear first. Can't wait for the crying to begin from the lazy-asses who want everything handed to them. "ZOMG THEY GET LEVEL 70 HARD GEAR AND IT'S KILLING ME IN PVP"

"STFU AND GET T4 LIKE EVERYONE ELSE."

Also, I like how T4 warrior and Hunter looks like they cross breeded and T4 Paladins look like Rhinokey fucked Rainbow Randolph.

Most amazing jew boots

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Oct 16, 2006, 11:13 PM #1156 of 1941
At least YOUR Teir 4 gear looks something like it represents your class.

Shammy Tier 4 gear looks like something that would be more suited on a mage.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 04:36 AM #1157 of 1941
At least YOUR Teir 4 gear looks something like it represents your class.

Shammy Tier 4 gear looks like something that would be more suited on a mage.
Er.. I do have a Shammy :P

Warrior, Rogue and Shammy.

Coming soon, Lock. <3

heh, just caught this :P. I'm meaning to say is my Shaman will be getting this as well. It actually doesn't look too terrible. Feel bad for the rogues more though, since their T4 has like a Batman mask or something.

I saw this thread and died:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...32315995&sid=1

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by dagget; Oct 17, 2006 at 07:59 AM.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:16 AM #1158 of 1941
Look you don't need full epics to level up. That's just fucking bullshit. It makes it faster, sure, but you all make it sound like people in blues might as well quit. Hardly.

My point is, that the people that have spent over a year getting this gear have pretty much wasted all their time. I quit the game, so I don't really care anymore, but I do know how annoyed raiders will be.

Lets take the thunderfury for example. Do you have any idea how much effort is put in getting that sword? It's a weapon only a select few on the server have, and it was THE reward for all your efforts. I'm sure in the BC there will be some fucking blue QUEST reward that will be better then that. Yeah...fuck that.

Seriously, these kind of games are ment to be played by these losers without lives, what the hell do you expect get the best gear in the game by playing 2 hours a day? jesus.

How ya doing, buddy?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:25 AM #1159 of 1941
I'm assuming full epics will make the new instances a little easier since they're supposed to be very difficult.
No blue will every have better procs than the thunderfury, that alone should give it some worth in the expansion.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:42 AM #1160 of 1941
It's not like people are going to get gear better than Naxx as soon as they load the expansion. From reports of people playing Beta, they're saying about level 65-ish is when gear starts dropping in places that equal to T2. Karazhan and beyond (level 70 instances) are the ones that start dropping the gear that equal's Naxx and goes a little beyond.

Yes, it does suck that people put time and effort and stuff will start to fall that's better, eventually and that it won't be outdated for some time into the exp. By the time most people start getting the greens and blues that are equal to T1, there will be those that will be well into the T2 compatible gear.

Before people start getting on my ass I don't know what I'm talking about, I've spent the better part of 2-3 months now in a successful guild alliance running MC, and have put my time and effort in RE-LEARNING the fucking place for a 3rd time as a tank and first time as a main healer. :P So I've worked hard for what I don't have. heh But I know what it's like to earn stuff, I just haven't put the same amount of time as some of those complaining, but I've put in my own time, nonetheless.

I doubt Thunderfury won't be "easily replaced" until Black Citadel anyway. I think people should be proud that they were able to get the stuff before the expansion, instead of treating it as wasted time. :\

http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com/?sid=1

To keep up with the goings on in the Beta. :P

http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com/thre...d=220454&sid=1

From what I've seen people describe in that thread, Caverns of Time seems to be pretty good. 3 seperate instances, kinda like how SM is seperated into 4 instances I guess.

Fuck man, I want this shit out.

Last edited by dagget; Oct 17, 2006 at 01:35 PM.
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 01:59 PM #1161 of 1941
Im rolling a lock to, a BE lock :P Im just hoping i can get the hawkstrider on him, and not the felsteed.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:30 PM #1162 of 1941
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
Im rolling a lock to, a BE lock :P Im just hoping i can get the hawkstrider on him, and not the felsteed.

Dude, I *love* the T4 for the locks. BLACK HOLE. jesus christ.

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 02:33 PM #1163 of 1941
Never heard of that, any info on it? Also.. do i have to get the class mount, or can i get my race mount?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 03:42 PM #1164 of 1941
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
Never heard of that, any info on it? Also.. do i have to get the class mount, or can i get my race mount?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=Tier+4&hl=en

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 03:57 PM #1165 of 1941
kool.. are those real? And where is Tier 4 stuff at, outlands?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 04:07 PM #1166 of 1941
They start falling in Karazhan, but will be kinda like Dungeon set 1 and fall in multiple instances. (I'm going by an Tseric post) This is beta so it could change.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2006, 04:08 PM #1167 of 1941
damn that lock gear looks awesome..

Most amazing jew boots
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 08:53 AM #1168 of 1941
Not paying attention to the thread, so excuse my ignorance, but how are there pictures of items over level 60? Is Blizzard leaking these, or are they already available?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:05 AM #1169 of 1941
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+Citadel&hl=en

A walkthrough of the bosses in the Blood Furnace part of Hellfire Citadel. It's google videos, so the quality is shit.

Spoilers of course, so only watch if you're interested in the new content and don't mind being spoiled.

Also, Caverns of Time have opened in Beta, so I'll be searching for videos on that soon.

Unless Blizzard does some massive pushes in the Beta, I don't see how it'll be out by Thanksgiving :\

Originally Posted by The Dopefish
Not paying attention to the thread, so excuse my ignorance, but how are there pictures of items over level 60? Is Blizzard leaking these, or are they already available?
They lifted the NDA on the content in the expansion, so people are showing the items that drop in the Burning Crusade.

Most amazing jew boots

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 09:46 AM #1170 of 1941
From a beta, I'm guessing.

Also, is there a way to d/l WoW? I have an account but I uninstalled it and I was hoping to reinstall it by d/ling it instead of having to get my discs (which are 150 miles away from me).

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:32 AM #1171 of 1941
File Planet might have a downloadble WoW. Other than that, check the Blizzard site.

Actually, if you know someone around closer than where your copy is, you can just install that. Should still work. :P

I tried running that Sandbox, and I can't see my character. Not that it matters, but my character is represented by a white and blue rubix cube-type block. :\

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by dagget; Oct 19, 2006 at 12:15 PM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 04:08 PM #1172 of 1941
This one is better:
http://rapidshare.de/files/31789191/..._and_5666_.rar

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 05:15 PM #1173 of 1941
Thanks, but... uhm. How do I run it. I get an error message saying that it can't verify the correct version?

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: Oct 19, 2006, 04:47 PM #1174 of 1941
Wow that looks so boring.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:07 PM #1175 of 1941
Hard to judge just by watching. I know that from reaing the beta forums so far all the BC bosses are fast and fun.

Originally Posted by dagget
Thanks, but... uhm. How do I run it. I get an error message saying that it can't verify the correct version?
Hmm...come to think of it BC is in beta now and I think YAWE only works with 5661 or 5669...beta is something like 5991. I did read that they were going to update YAWE. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by immp; Oct 19, 2006 at 07:09 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft