Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:59 AM #651 of 1941
Bullshit is when I group with people who can't play at all and they end up getting decked out in gear before I do, because they join an end-game guild. I saw someone that I had grouped with 2 times before. Once in Scholo and once in UBRS. He aggroed everything in UBRS and wouldn't wait for mana before pulling or anything. He even broke the eggs and then left the group after. In scholo he kept trying to steal aggro from me (when I was MT and on my warrior, this was before patch 1.10 so we were in there 10 man) I'd taunt and before I could get a sunder off, he'd taunt off me. That shit pisses me off to no end anyway. He was whining about not getting valor (he had like the bracers and that was it) just being a god-awful warrior. I see him like a month later: Quel, 6/8th might, DBD... all because he joined a guild that had MC on farm status. Talk about pissed. I'm always one of the first few warriors asked to tank an instance when I'm online (I even get tells on my alliance sometimes to log on my horde warrior and tank) and I do a damn good job of it. But people who can't fucking play the game end up with the good shit. >: (

Aside from that rant, I'm wanting to spec pure DPS on my rogue. I've looked at the talent calculator and I don't know how to do the speccing on it. So if someone can show me a great DPS build, that'd be kick ass. I'm currently dagger specced now, but I'll change to swords if it'll help with DPS.

edit: Found a DPS build and respecced. Gave up daggers for swords since I don't really use ambush and backstab all that much. It's pretty sweet. My eviscerate now hits for about 1300+ when it crits Might take her through some PVP with it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by dagget; Jun 28, 2006 at 06:48 AM.
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:32 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 07:32 PM #652 of 1941
Same as me. I've given up WOW really seeing shitheads that can't play for five shits get into raid guilds. It just confirms how shit easy the raid dungeons are imo.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 03:28 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 03:28 PM #653 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kensaki
Same as me. I've given up WOW really seeing shitheads that can't play for five shits get into raid guilds. It just confirms how shit easy the raid dungeons are imo.

It's not that, it's not hard to just sit there and rake up DKP as long as you do a half ass job, don't pull aggro, die or wipe.

Daggot:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ihg00xZG0Ez0VzxcoV

That is my build, it's a good DPS for both PVP and PVE. Even though I lost ironfoe to a fucking WARRIOR. He said it's a tank weapon, it's not a god damn tank weapon. I'm sick of these warriors who beat me in the rolls. I've seen it drop twice and I loose it to the god damn warriors.

If i had Ironfoe I'd so go back to mace spec again. Chance to grant TWO extra attacks + stun? Holy hell IMO that's good.

Anyway, that's my sword/mace spec build. It's awesome.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 03:32 PM #654 of 1941
Augh >___< Just did a run to Drak in UBRS. I accidentally found the envelope that does the attunement quest for BWL. ENTIRELY forgot to finish it up. I just hearthed out. Ugh.

I got Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge though. That's an improvement. Just need Valor Chest, Drac Deflector, & Dal'Rend's Guardian. Then I'm good for UBRS.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 03:44 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 03:44 PM #655 of 1941
Make sure you ninja the blood, it drops at random 1-3 first come first serve.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:01 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 02:01 PM #656 of 1941
Zio: That's a pretty good build. I'd take a point or two out of something (Master of Deception or Ruthlessness) and put it into Murder, though. It sucks ass when you miss your opener. >.<

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 04:03 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 04:03 PM #657 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
Zio: That's a pretty good build. I'd take a point or two out of something (Master of Deception or Ruthlessness) and put it into Murder, though. It sucks ass when you miss your opener. >.<
You don't need murder if you have precision since it gives you +5 to hit, and with +hit gear from BG or even set pieces. You DO NOT NEED IT.

The only time you would need it is against orcs and guess what? I'm horde, I don't have to worry about missing with cheap shot or anything really.

EDIT: REMEMBER, riposte can be used even if someone doesn't get disarm, it's a nice 200-700 damage hit every 6 secs. Not to mention it helps in soloing elites.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:09 PM #658 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Make sure you ninja the blood, it drops at random 1-3 first come first serve.
... They changed it. It's now a quest drop for everyone.

Also, that's another reason I hate DKP. It involves no effort at all. People will show up, go AFK the whole fight while having it set to follow someone and only pop up during boss fights, or shortly after they go down. Where as with officer distributed or some rolling systems (other than and including simple /random) everyone has a chance rather than someone just deciding to take everything.

Also, what is this slow-ass update I'm getting?

How ya doing, buddy?

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:18 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 06:18 PM #659 of 1941
It's some new patch that Blizzard decided to drop on everybody (at fucking PRIME TIME) to fix a disconnection problem some members were getting. I'd randomly get booted frequently so while I welcome this fix, I also want to punch every Blizzard executive in the face for forcing us to download it now and at a mind-blowingly slow pace.

If you want to kill your brain, go check out the WoW forums for updates.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:49 PM #660 of 1941
Stuck at 28% for like 7862789341694 hours now.

Bah, the Invasion War is over at 150 of those spire crystal things destroyed... I fucking MISSED OUT on getting my warrior the undead slaying set to craft because the account he was on lapsed before the invasion was too far in. Lovely. GG blizz for week long world events.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 07:06 PM #661 of 1941
For what it's worth, they've pulled the new patch and decided to upload it at 3AM tonight. Still missed about two hours worth of leveling I wanted to finish tonight. =/

Most amazing jew boots
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:38 PM Local time: Jun 28, 2006, 10:38 PM #662 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
... They changed it. It's now a quest drop for everyone.

Also, that's another reason I hate DKP. It involves no effort at all. People will show up, go AFK the whole fight while having it set to follow someone and only pop up during boss fights, or shortly after they go down. Where as with officer distributed or some rolling systems (other than and including simple /random) everyone has a chance rather than someone just deciding to take everything.

Also, what is this slow-ass update I'm getting?

Oh and Dagget... Most people in DKP suits do keep that in check, my guilds do. If they see you not fighting for a long time, not onyl will you not get items but docked DKP. Trust me, they keep tabs on them. I had to when I was the rogue class leader. I had to make sure the rogues were doing thier jobs.

Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:16 PM #663 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Oh and Dagget... Most people in DKP suits do keep that in check, my guilds do. If they see you not fighting for a long time, not onyl will you not get items but docked DKP. Trust me, they keep tabs on them. I had to when I was the rogue class leader. I had to make sure the rogues were doing thier jobs.
Well then there must be a lot of people who magically get better when they join an end-game guild then. I'm just tired of seeing faghats who can't play in good gear. Of course, it's probably my fault too. For thinking this is a game. How dare I!?! Also, it still doesn't stop those who just rack up endless points and then end up buying a whole MC run. Plus in the end, if something happens to a guild, then all that "hard earned" DKP goes bye bye.

Eh, I'm a bit bitter tonight. Probably going to leave the guild my alliance is in. Finding out little by little they're a bit too hardcore for my tastes. Everynight there's some arguement about DKP (mainly those who miss out on raids) and it just irritates me to hear all that whining over virtual points to get gear. Plus whenever I need help with an instance, they're either in BGs or in a raid somewhere. And even if they aren't, they ignore people who aren't 60.

Wish the server transfers allowed to go cross realm styles. I'd soo transfer to Laughing Skull with my gnome in a heartbeat. I'm sure a few people wouldn't mind that.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by dagget; Jun 28, 2006 at 11:25 PM.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 02:22 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 02:22 AM #664 of 1941
Well then there must be a lot of people who magically get better when they join an end-game guild then. I'm just tired of seeing faghats who can't play in good gear. Of course, it's probably my fault too. For thinking this is a game. How dare I!?! Also, it still doesn't stop those who just rack up endless points and then end up buying a whole MC run. Plus in the end, if something happens to a guild, then all that "hard earned" DKP goes bye bye.

Eh, I'm a bit bitter tonight. Probably going to leave the guild my alliance is in. Finding out little by little they're a bit too hardcore for my tastes. Everynight there's some arguement about DKP (mainly those who miss out on raids) and it just irritates me to hear all that whining over virtual points to get gear. Plus whenever I need help with an instance, they're either in BGs or in a raid somewhere. And even if they aren't, they ignore people who aren't 60.

Wish the server transfers allowed to go cross realm styles. I'd soo transfer to Laughing Skull with my gnome in a heartbeat. I'm sure a few people wouldn't mind that.

Daggot, it's not hard to do a raid. Especially as a rogue, non-main tank and etc.

Gee, spam SS or whatever you need for DPS then slice n dice, berserk and blade flurry.

Whee, sounds easy to me. Oh and don't pull a aggro or anything. That's a no no.

Other then that, it's not hard to look good in a end game raid instance where it COUNTS.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 03:29 AM #665 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Daggot, it's not hard to do a raid. Especially as a rogue, non-main tank and etc.

Gee, spam SS or whatever you need for DPS then slice n dice, berserk and blade flurry.

Whee, sounds easy to me. Oh and don't pull a aggro or anything. That's a no no.

Other then that, it's not hard to look good in a end game raid instance where it COUNTS.

My raiding character was a tank. OT. Had to keep aggro. Hard to do it when rogues and hunters and locks and mages take aggro.

besides, I'm not saying that it's HARD to raid, it's tedious. Plus.. well I'm not getting into that same discussion again. heh. I just hate how people don't want a part of anyone end-game unless they start taking down bosses. then EVERYONE wants a piece of that pie.

Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 04:50 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 11:50 AM #666 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
It's not that, it's not hard to just sit there and rake up DKP as long as you do a half ass job, don't pull aggro, die or wipe.
No seriously raid dungeons in WOW are kiddy stuff. Then they implement C'thun and nerf him to oblivion to stop the whining.

Once you learn the tactic it all becomes childsplay.

Not to mention how some guilds clear the first four bosses right after release of Naxxramas which was supposed to be the hard elite dungeon untill expansion hits. Blizzard are fools for making this game easy to keep the crying down.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Kensaki; Jun 29, 2006 at 04:52 AM.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 05:23 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 03:23 AM #667 of 1941
Quote:
Also, that's another reason I hate DKP. It involves no effort at all. People will show up, go AFK the whole fight while having it set to follow someone and only pop up during boss fights, or shortly after they go down.
That sounds more like a crappy guild than a problem with DKP.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:43 AM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 11:43 AM #668 of 1941
My raiding character was a tank. OT. Had to keep aggro. Hard to do it when rogues and hunters and locks and mages take aggro.

besides, I'm not saying that it's HARD to raid, it's tedious. Plus.. well I'm not getting into that same discussion again. heh. I just hate how people don't want a part of anyone end-game unless they start taking down bosses. then EVERYONE wants a piece of that pie.

Indeed, but my guild did something like this. Anyone who doesn't try to learn Naxx can go to hell and no more MC/BWL loots.

Ken: Anything is easy once you learn it... Either that or it gets nerf. It's either or and type situtation.

Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 01:18 PM #669 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Indeed, but my guild did something like this. Anyone who doesn't try to learn Naxx can go to hell and no more MC/BWL loots.

Ken: Anything is easy once you learn it... Either that or it gets nerf. It's either or and type situtation.
LOLOL. And those are the types of guilds I tend to stay away from. If you don't want to raid/advance, then you get denied loot.

That's actually sad at the same time too. :\

I was speaking idiomatically.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 01:52 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 01:52 PM #670 of 1941
LOLOL. And those are the types of guilds I tend to stay away from. If you don't want to raid/advance, then you get denied loot.

That's actually sad at the same time too. :\
Dagget, listen.

So while your guidl has BWL, Ony and MC on farm status and those who don't wnat to take the time to learn a new raid that has NO strategy and etc. To learn new content then guess what? There is going go be little to NO ONE who will come and do it.

You just said, no one wants to do something that isn't on farm status. Which is true.

My old guild resurgent, we had MC and Ony down. We started to do BWL and barly anyone showed up till the leader offered double DKP for it. No one wanted to do it till she said, you know what you loot fucker, you loot whores. If you don't want to try, cry less about repair bills and etc. Then you can suffer without MC and Ony loot till we learn BWL. Those who show up will get first dibs regardless of DKP adn who has the most.

Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 07:05 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 05:05 PM #671 of 1941
Finally ground out 52 last night... after clocking over 2 and a half days on that level alone.

RP is such a timesink, but it's sooo fun. ^^"

Anyway, I'm more or less the second-in-command of the guild I'm in right now, and we're considering trying to get into a guild alliance to do runs (we don't have any 60s yet, and only 3, one of which is me, above 50) so that we don't have to join a raiding guild and leave behind our friends.

Assuming that this does work, what's a good 40-man to start off with? Onyxia? MC?

Keep in mind that I don't think any of us have raiding experience.

FELIPE NO
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:00 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 08:00 PM #672 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin

Assuming that this does work, what's a good 40-man to start off with? Onyxia? MC?

Keep in mind that I don't think any of us have raiding experience.

Most guilds do ZG first, then MC, then Ony, then BWL then Nax.

That is how most new starting guilds do it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:22 PM #673 of 1941
Actually, I was just commenting on how funny it is that some guilds just have insane rules like that. I didn't mean anything offense about it. Hey if that's how you like playing, that's cool. It's a game afterall. :P Some people take it a bit too seriously for my tastes though.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:29 PM Local time: Jun 29, 2006, 08:29 PM #674 of 1941
Actually, I was just commenting on how funny it is that some guilds just have insane rules like that. I didn't mean anything offense about it. Hey if that's how you like playing, that's cool. It's a game afterall. :P Some people take it a bit too seriously for my tastes though.

Dagget, I didn't take any offense but seriously, how is a guild going to advance when all you got is people who whine about repair bills which is at max of 12g(and most people have 400+ gold, I have about 200.) and all they want is to farm MC, Ony and BWL and not even try Naxx or anything new.

I'd rather try to advance the guild by doing an instance like BWL or whatever to advance hte guild so we can get our strat down and get things moving for more phat loot then to do MC, ZG and anything else over and over.

Know what I mean?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2006, 08:50 PM #675 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Dagget, I didn't take any offense but seriously, how is a guild going to advance when all you got is people who whine about repair bills which is at max of 12g(and most people have 400+ gold, I have about 200.) and all they want is to farm MC, Ony and BWL and not even try Naxx or anything new.

I'd rather try to advance the guild by doing an instance like BWL or whatever to advance hte guild so we can get our strat down and get things moving for more phat loot then to do MC, ZG and anything else over and over.

Know what I mean?
No, I don't know what you mean. :P I wish my repair bills in MC/Ony were "only 12g" and I had 400g+ on me at all times. I wouldn't bitch about repair bills if I had that kind of cash!

I just think it's complete ass to stop other people in a guild from advancing, because that guild doesn't have a complete A-Team ready to jump the new instances bones on day one. (That's what it sounds like to me) Sure, I'm all for advancing and everything but damn, thats got to suck for the new people who are ready for MC/BWL to be denied it because the top 40 can't do Naxx.

Btw so I'm not called on it later. :P If I were to join a guild that has MC/BWL on farm status, then I would still considering myself learning the content. Sure the hard work is already done... for most of them but I'm still learning it. heh. I just hate the people who are complete assfucks who jump ship to a guild that has the shit on farm status solely for loot then when they get all they can get they try to go back into their original guild. If someone did that shit to me (not including friends of mine who've told me they were leaving ahead of time, just people who up and leave at a whim) I'd be all "fuck you. you're not getting back in."

Last edited by dagget; Jun 29, 2006 at 08:55 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft