Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Bread.

Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2008, 08:59 AM Local time: May 29, 2008, 02:59 PM #26 of 46
Is it expensive? Is it better warm? I've never even heard of Tiger Bread before...
I would say it's affordable, but not the cheapest bread you can get. I personally think it tastes best when thoroughly cool, but still very fresh. The best is if you can get it fresh from the oven but allow it to cool before tasting.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Minoko
夢唄

Member 1108

Level 18.07

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2008, 05:59 AM Local time: May 30, 2008, 06:59 PM #27 of 46
My mom usually buys focaccia, wheat ciabatta, wheat sliced bread and pandesal. We sometimes have baguette but if we don't eat it after its warmed, it gets REALLY hard (jaw breaker). I specially like the ciabatta...just slightly toasted with farmer's ham...lettuce..maybe saurkraut or dill sauce I sometimes have ciabatta with goober (peanut butter with grape jam!!)..not toasted...just straight from the fridge.

A store called "Bread Talk" here sells this sliced loaf of bread that has raisins and other sweet things inside. Me and my mom usually eat it when we have cheese melted (ementhal I think). We buy our focaccia and ciabatta from Bizu at their 40% off sale every night.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

from the makers of Death Note!! Bakuman.
Am happy..because AgitoXIII and Parasite Eve 3 is a comin to the PSP!!
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2008, 03:46 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2008, 03:46 AM #28 of 46
Bread bread bread! I guess I can safely say that I like bread more than the average person, although I don't quite like sandwich bread. However, if given the choice between wheat and white sandwich bread, I'd definitely choose wheat.

Rye, most definitely. I often find myself buying loaves of rye bread and munching on them in the middle of the night. ='D French, of course, is also great with butter or Nutella. Can't stand peanut butter and jelly.

And raisin bread. YES! It's definitely number two on my list after rye.

Those Chinese sweet breads/buns are pretty good, too.

I think the only time I tried making bread was when I attempted a yeastless bread. In the end, I ripped the loaf to pieces, soaked said pieces in a mixture of butter, garlic powder, basil, etc, and baked them. And then I threw them over some shrimp alfredo with tomato. <3

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Craze
~Need a break~

Member 2021

Level 10.71

Mar 2006

Old Aug 16, 2008, 02:39 AM Local time: Aug 16, 2008, 03:39 PM #29 of 46
Just got back from shopping and was served Turkish bread. Funny no one mentioned it yet cause I really like Turkish bread, one of the best savoury breads you can ever have!

Most amazing jew boots
gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old Aug 17, 2008, 07:56 AM #30 of 46
Fresh bread with butter and banana. My favorite!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Thanks to Fjordor for the funny image!
SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:04 PM Local time: Aug 18, 2008, 12:04 PM 1 #31 of 46
I always read the ingredient list of the back of everything pretty religiously. By quality of bread I'm assuming you're talking about nutritional value and source of ingredients to make the bread.
My favorite kind of bread would have to be Ezekiel Bread found at most health/whole foods stores. I don't mind any kind of bread as long as the ingredients does not include enriched flour (funny enough 'enriched' flour is flour then have all it's nutrients taken out and then synthetically put back in) , bleached flour, and any other crap I can't pronounce. If I can't pronounce it, I ain't putting it into my mouth.

FELIPE NO
Tokimeki
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 31506

Level 3.52

Aug 2008

Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:53 AM 1 1 #32 of 46
I love fresh baked bread with marmite.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Janus X
Stupid Frog

Member 31258

Level 6.95

Jul 2008

Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:36 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 12:36 PM 1 #33 of 46
During an exchange program, I had to bake my own bread. It usually was a failure - it never rose very high -, but it tasted better than commercial bread.

Otherwise, I buy the cheapest wheat bread I can find. It tastes much better than white bread

Most amazing jew boots
Nukkus
Banned

Member 1724

Level 10.17

Mar 2006

Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:04 PM Local time: Oct 5, 2008, 03:04 PM #34 of 46
I love any type of bread out there, especially freshly baked pumpernickel or calabrese. My family (the Davidsons) have been big-time bread eaters through the generations, with quite a few bakers in the family. If it wasn't for my taste for bread, I'd likely be a lot slimmer.

Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2008, 04:46 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2008, 09:46 PM #35 of 46
I too absolutely love bread, and couldn't live without it. Nothing beats good old french bread in particular, or a bag of freshly baked rolls from the bakery. I usually pick some up before heading to the cinema, and eat them during a film. Looks odd, but I love it

llmercll
Banned

Member 31986

Level 8.89

Oct 2008

Old Oct 24, 2008, 01:45 AM #36 of 46
french bread is amazing, i don't really like white bread much at all.

sourdough and french are my favorites by far.

Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 12:30 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2008, 11:30 PM #37 of 46
I normally eat whole-grain/whole-wheat bread, for the cliche reason that it's healthier and contains more fiber than overprocessed white bread -- although I have to say, I'm very partial to toast made with Buttermilk White Bread.

I'm also fond of sourdough, and the dinner rolls from Tahoe Joe's are out of control amazing. It's wonderful that you can buy them in the stores in California... I brought two bags to Texas with me and froze them for future use .

I was speaking idiomatically.
thesleeper
Carob Nut

Member 1825

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2008, 06:24 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2008, 07:24 PM #38 of 46
bread with (almost) anything on it is good =) like, bread with chocolate, bread with ice cream, bread with bacon, bread with cheese, bread with fish, bread with pork, bread with beef, bread with more bread...

i dont know if its a staple food where you guys come from, but apart from rice, i think it should be =)

but if youre talking about types of bread, i think whole-wheat is good. and sweet breads =) are there any subway advocates around?

Most amazing jew boots
joshuak
Carob Nut

Member 32079

Level 4.68

Oct 2008

Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:09 PM Local time: Nov 10, 2008, 10:09 AM #39 of 46
I enjoy wheat bread only for sandwiches and toast. For fresh-baked bread, I like sourdough best. It has an interesting taste that makes it unique among all other breads.

FELIPE NO
arthurrrdent
musician

Member 32278

Level 2.12

Nov 2008

Old Dec 6, 2008, 08:18 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2008, 07:18 PM #40 of 46
Bread is good. I like blueberry bagels with strawberry cream cheese.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Anthony8
Just another lurker...

Member 32283

Level 2.50

Nov 2008

Old Dec 7, 2008, 06:27 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2008, 03:27 PM #41 of 46
Bread is good. I like blueberry bagels with strawberry cream cheese.
Sounds perfect! This receipe makes really nice dinner or cinnamon rolls; I like to use honey instead of sugar.

A good mixer (ie KitchenAid) with a dough hook makes it less work, as it'll do the kneading for you, and is a little more versatile than a bread maker. If you do a lot of bread, a bread maker is probably a worthwhile investment.

How ya doing, buddy?
BlueSkyFish
Are you enjoying the time of EVE?

Member 27113

Level 1.47

Dec 2007

Old Dec 8, 2008, 04:17 AM Local time: Dec 8, 2008, 05:17 PM #42 of 46
I love bread. I'd usually pick bread over rice (depends). I like Pandesal de Pugon with butter in the mornings. Foccacia is nice too, as well as English Muffins. I'm not that exposed to the different kinds of bread yet so my range of preference is still small. I'll definitely try that sourdough sometime, as well as the other breads mentioned (I hope our local stores have it though..).

The_Melomane
Go forth and become a happy cabbage

Member 20147

Level 17.46

Feb 2007

Old Dec 9, 2008, 12:26 AM Local time: Dec 8, 2008, 11:26 PM #43 of 46
I like sliced french country baguettes with hummus. It makes a great snack when you're with friends.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 6, 2009, 09:53 PM Local time: Jan 6, 2009, 11:23 PM #44 of 46
I like bread, however homemade all the way. None of that store bought crap.

Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Mar 3, 2009, 10:17 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2009, 10:17 PM #45 of 46
Quote:
french bread is amazing
Real french bread is dangerous. Leave it for more than a day and you've got a weapon to fend off hobos while you make runs for cheap wine.

A recent bread I've come to love is the amish chain letter bread that gets passed around. Over the holidays, a friend of mine gave me some of that, and although you're supposed to spread it around, I got greedy and kept it all for myself. Mostly, its awesome because the base formula is so malleable. You can mix damn near anything in there, and it still ranges from passable to damn good.

So far tried basic, pistachios, chocolate, heath bars, peanut butter, strawberry rhubarb (kick ass), walnuts and almonds, apple and applesauce, and raspberry.

Also, not too hard to start up if you don't have a handy amish person around. Simply put 1 c. flour, 1 c. sugar, 1 c. milk, and 1 T. yeast in a ziploc bag and let it sit on the counter. Call that Day 1, and you’re good to go. After that, search online and there are a bunch of places that detail the rest of it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
ic_ic_ic
Bach-o-matic

Member 24558

Level 7.77

Sep 2007

Old Mar 5, 2009, 01:17 PM #46 of 46
I like everything as long as they are made fresh on the day, best with a bowl of soup. I tried to avoid factory made bread off the shelves of supermarket.

I used to be a big fan of panera back when i was in grad school and there were days where I was so busy but still want a decent lunch. Loved to have that half sandwiches and salad/soup combo. Being a student that's kinda expensive but i got sick easily back then probably to stress and etc so i decided meals would be the only part i spend a bit more on to take care of myself better.

Additional Spam:
Real french bread is dangerous. Leave it for more than a day and you've got a weapon to fend off hobos while you make runs for cheap wine.
not to mention the crust would sand off the lining of your oral cavity on contact, which hurts quite a bit after you enjoyed the taste of your sandwiches.

That should not be consumed unless it's reheated in the oven again with a generous spray of water.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by ic_ic_ic; Mar 5, 2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Bread.