Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Multiplatform] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Making an entrance the FORCE PUSH DOOR RAPE WAY.

Gunblade
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 21331

Level 3.41

Mar 2007

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:11 PM #1 of 54
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Making an entrance the FORCE PUSH DOOR RAPE WAY.

hey check out the new star wars game comin out in Nov
http://www.lucasarts.com/index.htmls

About

During the period between Episodes III and IV, players hunt Jedi in the role of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice.
Unleash and upgrade the Secret Apprentice's four core Force powers - Force push, grip, repulse and lightning - throughout the course of the game, and combine them for ultra-destructive, never-before-seen combos.
Examples of unleashing the Force in ways never thought possible:
The Secret Apprentice won't just Force push enemies into walls - he'll Force push enemies through walls.
The Secret Apprentice won't just Force grip foes to throw them aside - he'll Force grip them in midair, zap them with lightning, then drop them to the ground to explode like a bomb.
In addition to new adversaries created just for the game, such as fugitive Jedi and Force-sensitive Felucians, players will also confront and associate with familiar faces from the Star Wars films, including Darth Vader.
Visit locations such as Episode III's Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk and the floral Felucia, the junk planet Raxus Prime, plus an Imperial TIE fighter construction facility.
Decisions made by players throughout the game will determine the path of the story, including multiple endings that will rock Star Wars continuity as they know it.
The Force Unleashed is LucasArts' first internally developed title for next-generation consoles, and it represents the first in-game collaboration of talents and technology between LucasArts and Industrial Light & Magic, two companies now finally under one roof at the new Letterman Digital Arts Center in San Francisco's Presidio district.
The Force Unleashed debuts Digital Molecular Matter from Pixelux and euphoria behavioral simulation from NaturalMotion Ltd.
LucasArts is preparing an unprecedented promotional effort around the launch of The Force Unleashed, encompassing a full line of toys and game-based action figures from Hasbro, as well as a full publishing program from Dark Horse, Del Rey and Palace Press.

man i cant wait

Most amazing jew boots
Eiffel 65 1999-2006 Bloom 06 2006-4ever
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:19 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 03:19 PM #2 of 54
I've been excited about euphoria ever since IGN had a feature on it and described it in reference to the next Indiana Jones game.

Frankly, when I think about how it will operate in the Star Wars universe, what I keep coming back to is eye candy. It seems so far that they just want things to fly through the air realistically, whereas the Indiana Jones game allows for more of an actual gameplay improvement. Will that guy stun you or knock you over? If you punch him off a moving trolley will he grab the edge and climb back on?

That's not to say I won't buy the Star Wars game on principle, just that what they're doing with euphoria doesn't look like much more than window dressing.

How ya doing, buddy?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:20 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2007, 02:20 PM #3 of 54
Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice?............

Looks like they're really reaching on this one. I'm guessing this is going to play like the Dark Forces series, i.e. Jedi Outcast, and Academy. While those games were enjoyable, it got kind of repetitive. I've never been a starwars gamer, but if i hear good things, and it's on the right console i might check it out.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Helloween; Mar 22, 2007 at 05:24 PM.
SephirothStrife
Carob Nut

Member 4159

Level 5.02

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:24 AM #4 of 54
Man i cant wait!!

DMM technology and Euphoria engine with make this game a master piece.

Good story or bad this game will be so fun to mess around with.

Storm troopers getting blasted away by force push diiffrently every time, walls crushing to you're every action......and you cant go wrong with a lightsaber.

Ive allways be a huge sucker for the new and improved lucas arts.

Lets hope Star wars can pull another KOTOR out of its hat!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Lock and load!
Genthar
Lieutenant Colonel

Member 14155

Level 9.20

Oct 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 07:51 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2007, 01:51 AM #5 of 54
This is a big Star Wars event like "Shadows Of The Empire" and is not limited to the game. There will also be a Novel, Comic Book, Action Figures based on the new characters of the game and other stuff.
Unfortunatly the game all all related tie-ins are now delayed until 2008.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"Your friends are just your enemies in reverse" - Gary Busey
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:55 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2007, 09:55 PM #6 of 54
Unfortunatly the game all all related tie-ins are now delayed until 2008.
I thought this game might help pull people into PS3, but by then Xbox 360 will have had a price drop.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this game. Some of the Star Wars stories have been getting a little fruity compared to the old-school Dark Forces tales, but with Darth Vader directly involved hopefully this title will tie more directly into the Star Wars setting/timeline...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Herbal_Carnage
The Last Raven

Member 21584

Level 1.60

Mar 2007

Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:33 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 12:33 AM #7 of 54
Iv seen some screens of it,the force moves look like they have been pimped out,i wonder how the lightsaber battles will be,they seem to really be focusing for the force powers.

FELIPE NO
Xfire=Theunrealone27
Myspace=www.Myspace.com/unorthadox27
HeЯb{PurPleKusH}

Image removed by GFF Signature Police
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 04:56 PM Local time: Sep 18, 2007, 03:56 PM #8 of 54
This just in: this game will be coming to Wii with Wii-saber controls. If they allow 1:1 control, this title will sell like hotcakes on the Wii.

Force Unleashed Coming to Wii with Lightsaber Wii-mote Control - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:08 PM #9 of 54
If I had to guess, considering how late in development when they chose to make a Wii version, $20 sais that the game's controls are going to end up somewhere along the lines of Zelda, maybe a bit more technical. Replacing the A button of the 360 version with wiimote side waggle and B with vertical waggle or something like that. But hey, maybe they'll be the one's to break the Wii port curse if God has mercy.

However I'm more interested to see how the physics and character reaction engines port to the Wii rather then the actual control scheme. Also now that this has been announced, you know that the Indiana Jones game will also be coming to the Wii considering that the two games use the same engine.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Slayer X; Sep 18, 2007 at 05:11 PM.
ApOkwARG
IDDQD

Member 23708

Level 7.77

Aug 2007

Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:38 PM Local time: Sep 19, 2007, 12:38 AM #10 of 54
Sometimes I wish the market would appreciate flightsims and joysticks again, then we could have a whole new Tie Fighter or Independence War sequel. I'm still praying for that moment to arrive but until then I guess I can hold it out with this one; they usually turn out to be pretty decent.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2008, 06:39 PM 1 #11 of 54
I don't know about you, but I'm really sad I'll never get to own this game.

How ya doing, buddy?

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 18, 2008, 07:03 PM 1 #12 of 54
This just in: this game will be coming to Wii with Wii-saber controls. If they allow 1:1 control, this title will sell like hotcakes on the Wii.
I think this is one of those ideas that sounds really, really amazing - but just doesn't work out at all.

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:36 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 09:36 AM 1 #13 of 54
You know what I haven't seen yet? Arms and legs being cut off by light saber. They had it in Dark Forces 2, if I'm not mistaken.
I'd completely neglect using the force to throw people, if I can decapitate them and stuff with a light saber...

Most amazing jew boots

Tagonist
The Age of Legends

Member 22583

Level 14.69

May 2007

Old Aug 19, 2008, 02:55 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 09:55 AM 1 #14 of 54
IIRC it's not going to happen due to rating issues.
No chopping off limbs. We're in T-rated territory here.

These are the Books of Harrow
They are our doom and our salvation
Learn from them, or we will all perish
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 03:53 AM 1 #15 of 54
That's also one of those things that nerds fawn over as being ULTRA REALISTIC but in all honesty would be a total buzzkill as a game. Who'd play a game where every single misstep could result in your character being instacrippled?

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:22 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 01:22 PM 1 #16 of 54
That's also one of those things that nerds fawn over as being ULTRA REALISTIC but in all honesty would be a total buzzkill as a game. Who'd play a game where every single misstep could result in your character being instacrippled?
You never played Deathtrap Dungeon on the PS then? Choice of three levers, pull one of the two wrong ones and it's instant death and back twenty minutes to the last save point. Best thing is, there's no clues! One of the hardest games ever but damn did it feel good when I beat it.

Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:10 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 06:10 AM 1 #17 of 54
but damn did it feel good when I beat it.
It feels good to pass a constipation induced shit, but you don't see people writing home about that.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:48 AM 1 #18 of 54
You never played Deathtrap Dungeon on the PS then? Choice of three levers, pull one of the two wrong ones and it's instant death and back twenty minutes to the last save point. Best thing is, there's no clues! One of the hardest games ever but damn did it feel good when I beat it.
Shin, that's all well and good if you're a glutton for punishment, but this is a Star Wars game we're talking about, not Ninja Gaiden. Mo0's got a point; lightsaber clipping has never been an issue because they've always beaten around the bush, as best demonstrated in Jedi Knight 2 where the worst you'd do is scar a wall with your flimsy saber wielding.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:22 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 06:22 PM 1 #19 of 54
I'm not talking about the main character. He can be invincible, for all I care. I just want to see some Stormtrooper limbs being cut off.
And are you sure it wasn't a feature in Jedi Knight 2? I'm pretty sure I've seen something falling off an enemy. A rare moment, but it happened. I think.

Oh well, at least I get the opportunity to fling people through walls and such. I cross my fingers for Ewok-icide.

Most amazing jew boots

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:57 AM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 04:57 PM 1 #20 of 54
And are you sure it wasn't a feature in Jedi Knight 2? I'm pretty sure I've seen something falling off an enemy. A rare moment, but it happened. I think.
It wasn't an official feature, as such, but I believe there was a cheat-code that would unlock dismemberment in JK2.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:21 PM 1 #21 of 54
Wait - do you mean Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight or Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast? Both featured the Lucasfilm habit of arm removal via lightsaber combat.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 03:48 PM 1 #22 of 54
There was also the setting that would make it more frequent when tossing the saber... the beauty of dismemberment.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 19, 2008, 04:00 PM Local time: Aug 19, 2008, 03:00 PM 1 #23 of 54
That alone would be worth the price of admission I think.

I don't really care one way or another on dismembering dudes with lightsabres, to be honest. Sure, it makes more sense for it to happen with dismemberment, but really, you're crossing a pretty significant line when you allow players to decapitate an opponent, or remove his legs from the thigh down, or have an arm fly off. Not that half of the gamers who will play the game haven't already done all of those things in other games.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2008, 05:03 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2008, 03:03 AM #24 of 54
Demo is up on XBL. Seems like it has the potential to be pretty fucking fun. Camera could use some work, though.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2008, 06:11 AM Local time: Aug 21, 2008, 11:11 AM #25 of 54
There should also be a demo up on PSN, for those with Triples.

Definitely planning to download this and give it a go when I get home from work tonight. If it's fun then it's pretty much going to secure a purchase from me.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Multiplatform] Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Making an entrance the FORCE PUSH DOOR RAPE WAY.