Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Tonight's Dinner Recipes

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 02:22 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2007, 01:22 PM #1 of 7
Tonight's Dinner Recipes

I'm curious as to what good recipes you all have. Therefore I'm looking for recipes for dinners that you all like to eat. Please do not post anything about taking a frozen pizza and throwing it in the oven, or microwaving burritos, or anything idiotic like that. I'm looking for actual recipes.

Tonight it's Chicken Pot Pie for me:

Filling:
3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (boil)
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small onion, either chopped fine & sauteed or shredded
1 cup milk (or more, to your liking)
1/2 tsp pepper

Crust:
1.5 cuts self-rising flour (if you don't have self-rising, add 2 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt)
1 tsp pepper
1.5 cups buttermilk (if not buttermilk, whole milk)
3/4 cup margarine (1.5 sticks) (or less, to your liking)

Mix all filling ingredients and pour into a 3 quart baking dish.

Mix ingredients for crust until just moistened, melting margarine first. Spoon topping over filling. Bake at 425 for approximately 30 minutes (anywhere from 25-40 depending on the oven) depending on the depth of the pan. Makes 6-8 servings, unless you eat it like me, then there's about 5-6. Reheats well if you don't mind the crust not being quite as crusty.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 05:46 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2007, 10:46 PM #2 of 7
That sounds absolutely gorgeous, and if I was still eating chicken I would be making that tomorrow evening...

I picked up a recipe for my dinner this evening, it doesn't really have a name:

Fishy part:
1 fish fillet (I used salmon, despite white fish being the usual)
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 egg, beaten
50g parmesan, freshly grated
Half a chili, deseeded and finely chopped
Sea salt and black pepper
A little olive oil

Served with:
1 Avocado, destoned and skinned
1 punnet cress
1 tablespoon olive oil
Juice of 1/2 a lemon

Firstly, get a frying pan really hot with the olive oil. Mix together the flour, sea salt and black pepper. Cover the fish fillet in this mixture, followed by the egg and then the parmesan, making sure it is covered completely. Place the fish into the pan and fry for about 2 minutes on each side, and throw in the chili. Meanwhile, slice the avocado lengthways and place in a bowl with the cress. Drizzle over the olive oil and the lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
Arrange the fish and the salad on your plate and serve immediately.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 4, 2007, 07:58 PM Local time: Feb 4, 2007, 06:58 PM #3 of 7
Man, that sounds good. I've never been able to pull off fish dishes. I might have to give this one a shot, though, as it doesn't sound too horribly difficult.

Most amazing jew boots
Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Feb 15, 2007, 02:48 PM Local time: Feb 15, 2007, 12:48 PM #4 of 7
this one was to be prepared last night but didn't quite make it so it might be made either tonight or tomorrow night. Please note I got this recipe online from an Australian site. What a dessertspoon translates to I have no bloody idea when it comes to teaspoons and tablespoons. I will probably do a visual guesstimation when I work on the this meal

For the Crocodile
1 crocodile tail fillet (around 180g)
2 egg whites
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp five spice
Vegetable oil for deep frying (I use peanut oil)

For the Mango sauce
Flesh of 1 medium mango, cut into small cubes
1 dessertspoon dark soy sauce
1 dessertspoon clear honey
1/2 dessertspoon freshly ground cinnamon
1/2 cubic inch crushed ginger
100ml water

Method
  • About an hour before cooking, whisk the eggs, flour and five spice together with a wire whisk until the mixture is smooth. Chill in the fridge until it is needed.
  • Simmer the mango flesh in the water on a low heat until the flesh is very soft and almost all the water has gone
  • Meanwhile, cut the crocodile tail fillet in half width ways and then cut each half into inch wide strips.
  • Dust each crocodile strip with flour and then dip in the egg mixture.
  • Deep fry the crocodile strips until they are golden brown.
  • Drain on kitchen paper, set aside and keep warm.
  • Take the mango pulp and put it in a blender. Blend until smooth and return to the pan.
  • Add the cinnamon, honey, soy and ginger and mix well. Simmer gently until the sauce is thick. Taste and adjust seasoning.
  • Serve the crocodile with the sauce poured over with coconut and coriander noodles.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
yuna00
Chocobo

Member 305

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Feb 24, 2007, 02:14 PM Local time: Feb 24, 2007, 11:14 AM #5 of 7
Pork & Broccoli Stir-fry (seriously, how simple can one get? lol):

For the pork marinade (night before actually making this dish):
1 pkg sliced pork tenderloin
3/4 cup thick teriyaki sauce
2 Tbs teriyaki marinade sauce
1/4 - 1/2 cup(depending on how sweet you want it) mirin
1 Tbs soya sauce
1 - 2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
salt & pepper

For the broccoli:
1 or 2 head/s(?) broccoli (depending on how big they are)

Method:

Pork:
1. Cut pork into bite-sized pieces, if not already done. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together thick teriyaki sauce, teriyaki marinade sauce, mirin, hot sauce, soya sauce, chopped garlic, salt & pepper. Mix well.
3. Add pork to marinade.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Broccoli:
1. Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
2. Blanche in boiling water until cooked through - not over-cooked. Should still have a bit of a crunch to it.
3. Rinse blanched broccoli in cold water to stop the broccoli from over-cooking.

Both:
1. Heat oil in a work.
2. Cook pork until done and tender.
3. Drain excess liquid.
4. Add cooked broccoli. Mix well.
5. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
6. Serve with rice or pasta.

optional: add 1 Tbs cornstarch mixed with 3 Tbs water to stir-fry for a thicker sauce.

note: this is really good when you wrap it in a tortilla for lunch the next day.

btw...i'm sorry if my instruction on this simple dish suck. i usually don't follow any sort of recipe. :P

I was speaking idiomatically.
Smelnick
Banned

Member 12225

Level 26.09

Sep 2006

Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:00 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2007, 08:00 AM #6 of 7
I love coming up with my own recipes. So heres one for those bachelor rice lovers. I use instant rice because its easiest. So here goes

2 cups water
2 cups Instant Rice
6 Tablespoons Honey Garlic Sauce (or more depending on taste)
1 Package Onion Soup Mix
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
1/4 Cup Chopped Carrot
Optional: 1/4-1/2 cup Chopped Chicken or Turkey (Just use leftover stuff from fridge and then you don't have to cook it first)
Optional: 1 tablespoon Butter/Margerine

Directions:

1. Put Water in pot. Add everything but the instant rice. Mix it in good until it all boils

2. Once it boils, take off heat, and pour Instant Rice into the mixture. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes minimum.

3. Once the five minutes are up, Simple stir it up and you should have a tasty rice meal.

Note: Taste it first before you try eating it. Sometimes it ends up a little salty. This can be fixed by adding in some butter or margerine. Also, just add in more honey garlic sauce until it tastes better.

Makes a great meal for yourself. I wouldn't suggest serving it as gourmet. Cause it isn't.

Most amazing jew boots
joeymui
hime sama

Member 454

Level 16.99

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:00 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2007, 06:00 PM #7 of 7
We have salmon steaks with rice almost every second day at home and this is the most common version:
4 fresh salmon steaks
sauce: 1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup mirin
1/3 cup sake

Brown salmon on both sides in a large fry-pan, pour in sauce. Cover, simmer for 10 min or until sauce thicken. Served with rice and some steamed vegies.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Tonight's Dinner Recipes