Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Street Fighter II

TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:45 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 09:45 PM #1 of 26
Street Fighter II

Who has it and any interest in having a GF tourney sometime?

If anyone wants free wins, feel free to add my gamertag.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:51 PM #2 of 26
Sounds like a plan.

I must say the game is worth all 800 points, for the mere fact that it can be played online.

Though I do find it funny that on all the message boards, the people who bitched and moaned about Microsoft not releasing the game are now the ones complaining that the single-player game is far too difficult. Did they never play the arcade game? It was always that hard, because the game was a "quarter-muncher" in every sense of the word. I guess they were all just used to the extremely toned-down SNES port of Street Fighter II.

Anyways, yea, feel free to add me so we can get some brawls going on.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:37 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 10:37 PM #3 of 26
I want to kill like 3/4th of the people who post on Major Nelson's blog. Also, the xbox360.ign reviewer is a complete moron. (The person who did the Chromehounds review as well)

Gawd, the Microsoft online community is full of dipshits.

Commenting that SFII HF is an arcade port but then bitch in the same review that the graphics are dated. We want our SFII people to look like SF3 or Capcom vs SNK? Dumbass.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by TonyDaTigger; Aug 4, 2006 at 12:43 AM.
ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 01:19 AM #4 of 26
Indeed.

Not sure why some people are expecting Guilty Gear-like graphics from a game that came out 14 years ago. Some things are just best left unexplained...

It is a shame that tons of people are already screwing up the game by dropping matches. Yea, it was kind of inevitable, but I was just kind of hoping people playing Street Fighter would have more respect.

Anyone know if there were any numbers released on how many people downloaded this? I'm sure it'll put Geometry Wars to shame as far as downloads are concerned. Here's hoping that Capcom gets the hint and releases other SF games through live, such as Street Fighter Alpha 3 :biggrin:

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 01:47 AM Local time: Aug 3, 2006, 08:47 PM #5 of 26
If I can ever login at the right time I'd definitely be up for a Street Fighter 2 tourney. I'm not incredible at the game either, not with a xbox360 controller. I have trouble getting through Guile's stage with any character. I remember getting much farther in the actual arcade too =p.
Originally Posted by ShinBojack
Anyone know if there were any numbers released on how many people downloaded this? I'm sure it'll put Geometry Wars to shame as far as downloads are concerned. Here's hoping that Capcom gets the hint and releases other SF games through live, such as Street Fighter Alpha 3 :biggrin:
I don't know Geometry Wars is still pretty popular, at least in my area it still is.

Ha, isn't Street Fighter Alpha 3 still on the shelves?

I was speaking idiomatically.
TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 02:01 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 12:01 AM #6 of 26
Quote:
It is a shame that tons of people are already screwing up the game by dropping matches. Yea, it was kind of inevitable, but I was just kind of hoping people playing Street Fighter would have more respect.
That is some bullshit. How are people quitting you think? Jumping to the dashboard? If so, thats a lot of wasted time. It's happened to me as well.

Part of the reason why I'd like to hook up with some of the people there. I don't mind getting my ass beat 200 times in a row as long as I learn something and we'll pound on the rest of the Internet. =)

Major Nelson does a weekly report of top live games so I'm sure SFII will be #1.

Oh and Bo, regarding the difficulty - who is going to purchase SFII and not go get some online? It's like Chromehounds. World Warrior mode is just familiaring yourself with the moves.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by TonyDaTigger; Aug 4, 2006 at 02:04 AM.
SpaceInsomniac.
Carob Nut

Member 4944

Level 3.83

Apr 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:01 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 03:01 AM #7 of 26
Originally Posted by ShinBojack
I only had one player drop on me so far, right after I kicked his head in on the first round. I reported him. If enough people do the same, he'll be in danger of loosing his account. Not too sure how well that actually works, though.

But dropping is an easy fix. In DOA4 you almost never see people drop, because it gives the other player a win, and REALLY hurts the dropper's rank. Capcom just needs to make it so "you drop = you lose".

FELIPE NO
TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:07 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 01:07 AM #8 of 26
Son of a bitch. My #1 drop opponent seems to be E. Honda players. Their hundred hand slap bullshit faills them as they get perfected first round and drop halfway through second.

I'd have another 10 wins if I could figure out how the ryu'sair hurricane works and what it counters and the proper timing usage. =/

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 10:42 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 09:42 AM #9 of 26
Just do the Hurricane kick motion while you're in the air to do it in the air. Also, I've had MANY droppers.

Reporting them won't work, the best you can do is leave negative feedback. Reports only work if people are honestly doing something against the TOS. Dropping early isn't.

TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 10:56 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 08:56 AM #10 of 26
Quote:
Just do the Hurricane kick motion while you're in the air to do it in the air.
Yeah, I can do the move ok - just don't know how to use it to attack in the air and what it can/cannot counter. Time to look at the 1994 gamefaqs heh.

Keep missing you online CS - we are playing at completely different times. hah

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 05:06 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 04:06 PM #11 of 26
I know. We really REALLY need to get together for some CH. Hasn't happened like a while now.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 05:19 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 05:19 PM #12 of 26
Surprisingly, I haven't had any droppers. However, I can tell people get pissed at my Ken very easily, because after an air hurricane kick, I'm in grabbing range, and they can't do crap, and I can hear them yelling through my speakers.

A GFF SF2HF tournament sounds pretty sweet to me. Definitely put me on the list if it ever occurs.

TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 06:32 PM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 04:32 PM #13 of 26
Well, long as people keep posting here, can compile a list.. put up a poll for the best time for everyone.

I create my own matches and turn off voice since I want to focus on asskicking and don't want crybaby jerks complaining how cheap I am for jump kicking E. Honda's hundred hand slap. <rolls eyes>

SpaceInsomniac.
Carob Nut

Member 4944

Level 3.83

Apr 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:19 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 02:19 AM #14 of 26
Originally Posted by Colonel Skills
Reporting them won't work, the best you can do is leave negative feedback. Reports only work if people are honestly doing something against the TOS. Dropping early isn't.

True, when I said report, I meant leave negative feedback. The thing is, negative feedback leads to a lowered rep. And lower rep assholes get matched with other lower rep assholes before anyone else. That's the whole reason for rep. If you're an asshole, you get to play with other assholes.

Most amazing jew boots
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 04:49 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 05:49 AM #15 of 26
I always leave negative feedback on Honda players, Honda's ridiculous hand slap has taken the fun out of the game to a certain degree. You basically get a bunch of newbs spamming you with hand slaps to find them complaining at the end because you found a way to counter the attack. I suppose this is the only way they can rack up wins for those nifty achievements. I say get some skill or don't play, either way...I answer Honda players with Bison. :ninja:

Also I certainly hope Capcom has an answer for the online play, it can get pretty bad and it's a mystery to me when games like COD2 or NBA2K6 run smooth online and a simple fighter cannot. :eyebrow: The whole online aspect of the game needs some major overhauling.

FELIPE NO
SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 03:26 PM Local time: Aug 5, 2006, 03:26 PM #16 of 26
The dropping has begun for me as well. I do a simple 2 or 3-hit combo that does a good bit of damage, sometimes stuns them, leaving me to do another 2 or 3-hit combo, and they drop, either after the first combo or after I perfect them in Round 1.

The Honda players are kinda ridiculous. The hand-slap meaty hit is a good way to keep your opponent on the defensive on wake-up and get in a little chip damage, but when they rely on the hand-slap through the whole match, it's stupid.

navyseals
Amusing Dick

Member 3499

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:09 PM #17 of 26
its interesting how this game has changed over the years with all the new discoveries etc.
E Honda is top tier now.

the reviews I've read of this game have been horrible. is it really laggy?

TonyDaTigger
Chocobo

Member 4142

Level 9.89

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:15 PM Local time: Aug 6, 2006, 09:15 PM #18 of 26
Fuck E.Honda. I'm like 31-3 on that cheap bastard.

Not because I'm good but as soon as I get out of the corner and get a crossover kick, they are so confused that they either

1.) Get perfected

or

2.) Drop connection.

How ya doing, buddy?
Magic
Good Chocobo

Member 492

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:10 AM #19 of 26
Heh, you know if these people weren't self-conscious about the character they pick they'd be doing the same thing with Chun-Li and Lightning Kick. It's just non-gamers who learn the easiest move and nothing else.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:52 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 01:52 PM #20 of 26
Except that Chun Li can't move around the screen while doing her kick the way that Honda can with his slap.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 09:23 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 10:23 PM #21 of 26
Originally Posted by navyseals
its interesting how this game has changed over the years with all the new discoveries etc.
E Honda is top tier now.

the reviews I've read of this game have been horrible. is it really laggy?
The lag is really bad, I have never and let me say that again, never ever had a consecutive match during online play. I find myself hosting but those connections usually drop out and if there is online play, lag can really be your worst enemy more than anything. As for those Honda fighters, a quick win would be choosing Blanka. Most of the time these Honda fighters can't block worth a damn.

ShinBojack
The Host With The Most

Member 8949

Level 6.75

Jun 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 01:40 AM #22 of 26
Interesting video I found over on Youtube that shows an adapter that someone built which allows you to use a Sega Saturn controller on the Xbox 360.

Now of course, the Saturn controller has arguably the best d-pad of any console, and the 6-button layout lends itself perfectly to a game like Street Fighter. Would definitely help in my case, as my D-Pad isn't working as well in Street Fighter when I'm on the 2nd Player side.

If they put this adapter for sale, I'd definitely buy one, since I'm weary about opening up a 360 controller and modding it myself.

Sega Saturn Adapter for the Xbox 360

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 02:34 AM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 09:34 PM #23 of 26
Maaan. I was never great at SF2 to begin with (I seem to be more adept at Tekken...but only with Ling, eh) but now I'm totally depressed at how sucky I really am at it. Only a little while ago did I manage to beat Bison with Chun Li. I just basically spent the entire time jumping around the screen and m. kicking everyone and throwing them in mid air if they jumped since that seemed to be the only time I could ever grab them. And the occasion kikouken...5 billion times in a row. It was fun fighting Vega...just the two of us jumping around the screen non friggin' stop until time ran out -_-

On the bright side, Ken kicked my ass in the third match over and over but I took down Ryu and then later Sagat like nothing towards the end...so maybe I'm getting better. Or they were just sleeping on the job. Oh, yeah, and I always like the version of the stage music used in this game...'cause it's heavier in the percussion, I guess. Too bad the Complete File soundtrack dealy has those SFX in them.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by kupomog; Aug 8, 2006 at 04:17 AM. Reason: brain fart
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 02:48 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 01:48 AM #24 of 26
Lag is 100% not an issue. If you are experiencing it you must have a really bad connection or somehow keep getting matched up with people who do. The real problem is just games suddenly dropping altogether, which I'm sure is just people turning off their 360s or going to the dashboards etc since it always conveniently happens when I'm about to win. I mean why not, it's not like the servers keep track of users' disconnects.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:08 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2006, 09:08 AM #25 of 26
"I have to keep my won/lost stats looking good maaaaan, so I turn that shit off if I'm about to lose maaaaan."

"Or, alternatively, you could practice a little bit and become more skilled at the game, which would allow you to win more matches."

"No dude that's too hard."

"oic"

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Street Fighter II