Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Rumor] A next-gen Road Rash is in the making?

Zakiller2000
You have an ace up your sleeve? He has the whole deck.

Member 16523

Level 10.26

Dec 2006

Old Feb 28, 2008, 07:49 AM #1 of 7
A next-gen Road Rash is in the making?

And just as I was thinking about it, too.

Kotaku's story
Gamespot's story

Alright, so Sebastian Bach (of Skid Row or whatever) said he licensed one of his songs, "You Don't Understand" to a game called "Road Rage, or Road Rash, or something like that.". Kotaku apparently contacted sources at EA and this is what they were told:

Originally Posted by EA's response to Kotaku
"Though CEO John Riccitiello has recently mentioned it as a classic, beloved EA franchise, Road Rash is not currently in development."
I honestly don't see why they wouldn't make a new Road Rash. I'm hoping these "sources" are just trying to deny the rumors, as I'd actually like to see a next-gen Road Rash. =|

Then again, no one has actually thought about a game called "Road Rage" being developed, but it seems like too much of a coincidence that Road Rash was mentioned.

My thoughts: I think this is pretty debatable, considering I've got no idea who these sources are exactly, but I'm kind of willing to believe that it's not being made. It'd be a shame though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Zakiller2000; Feb 28, 2008 at 07:54 AM.
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:27 PM #2 of 7
Well the only problem, is that Gamespot's story is linking to Kotaku's, which doesn't help on multiple source issues.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Feb 28, 2008, 02:54 PM Local time: Feb 28, 2008, 07:54 PM #3 of 7
I've been thinking about this recently also and it's more then welcome to come true imo since the last Road Rash game to my knowledge was jailbreak. The only positive thing I can say about that game is it was potentially hilarious when played with your buddies; but among everything else wrong with it it had too many american only injokes so it lost most of it's appeal.

The choice of sound tracks so far sounds near perfect, but as you say everything is just at rumor stage right now. All I know is if they add something stupid like an SSX/sled storm 2 style tricks = boost system it's going to get 2 thumbs down from me.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by S_K; Feb 28, 2008 at 02:59 PM.
Zakiller2000

Member 16523

Level 10.26

Dec 2006

Old Feb 28, 2008, 03:34 PM #4 of 7
SSX/sled storm 2 style tricks = boost system
Sweet merciful crap, no. It should just be driving and ass-kicking, with the occasional landing on another driver after a nice jump. If something like that is added, however, it'll probably be lame (not the game itself, but that part. It just doesn't fit.)

If they're making a new Road Rash, I'm thinking they'll stick with the normal gameplay, and add a few new things, like a small amount of rider customization (maybe three-four male models and three female-four models with some color changing for parts of them), some online play, and what I'm hoping for, four player split-screen (The N64 version had four players, if I'm not mistaken.), considering I don't have XBLA. (I'll just be connecting to the marketplace quickly to get N+ and V8 Arcade when it's released.) Maybe even a new weapon or two, it all depends.

And yeah, Road Rash is pretty damn funny with friends, in multiplayer or even just watching it (pretty entertaining to see somebody get 10 knock-outs in a row. xD).

Edit: Alright, found this: Starbreeze Studios working on EA's Project RedLime

Originally Posted by Article
“EA Partners is thrilled to hand over the keys to one of EA’s most acclaimed franchises to Starbreeze Studios,” said David DeMartini, vice president and general manager of EA Partners. “Starbreeze’s pedigree is undisputed and we could not be happier to welcome them to the EA Partners family. The team is creating an incredibly innovative take on a classic property and EA Partners is poised to deliver a blockbuster launch on the global stage.”
Could this be Road Rash?

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Zakiller2000; Feb 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM.
aesop
all out of time, all into space

Member 1172

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 1, 2008, 11:47 AM Local time: Mar 1, 2008, 05:47 PM #5 of 7
Are the 3D versions of Road Rash any good? I mean, when I think Road Rash, I can only picture them on Megadrive. =D

But I dunno, I just see a new generation of this ending up like Burnout or Motorstorm. And that's all we need.

How ya doing, buddy?
Zakiller2000

Member 16523

Level 10.26

Dec 2006

Old Mar 1, 2008, 02:29 PM #6 of 7
Are the 3D versions of Road Rash any good? I mean, when I think Road Rash, I can only picture them on Megadrive. =D
I thought Road Rash: Jailbreak for the PS1 was very fun (Genesis/Mega Drive's RR 3 and PS1's RR: Jailbreak are my favorite games out of the series.). Found a gameplay video of Jailbreak on the ePSXe emulator (Also, the music's repeating in the background, but it's apparently due to problems with the emulator).

YouTube Video

Like I said before, I'm hoping for:
*small amount of rider customization
*same gameplay/mechanics, no huge changes
*four player split-screen
*online play

Good graphics will come with it, that's why it's not listed in what I'm hoping for. xD

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Zakiller2000; Mar 1, 2008 at 02:33 PM.
S_K
Death Phenomenon

Member 14358

Level 19.57

Oct 2006

Old Mar 1, 2008, 03:45 PM Local time: Mar 1, 2008, 08:45 PM #7 of 7
Pretty much to elaborate on what Zakiller2000 said if we use jailbreak as the model to beat this is what EA needs to bare in mind if they want to make this new game a hit

The Good

*Added a combo attack and ko count system to the game (although the guy in the vid barely uses any combos)
*Finally added ability to do wheelies which in turn gave you the ability to jump over smaller vehicles.
*all the tracks are on the same map (think midnight club racing but without the free roaming element, maybe something to add in the next game?)
*Tons of new weapons including nunchucks, tasers and crowbars to name but a few.
*4 player and sidecar mode.
*Police mode where you either have to catch a quota of riders to pass the level or a certain rider to instantly clear the level.

The Bad

*Graphics don't usually bother me but those graphics are butt ugly to look at now tbh x.x
*Some of the weapons basically handled the same (like the baseball bat and crowbar) which eliminated the point of having them.
*Taunt button feature turns like an action figure with only a couple of lines of dialogue, by the end of the game you'll be sick of it.
* Hell to be honest with the exception of the cop the voice acting was mostly garbage.
*Invisible walls while at the same time when you're on foot there's a lot of glitched walls you can run through into an infinite glitched abyss.
*you can choose both players to control the steering or just the driver with leaning into turns, but either way the sidecar bikes handle like shit.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by S_K; Mar 1, 2008 at 03:55 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Rumor] A next-gen Road Rash is in the making?