Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Again - The DS Game

aerisangel
Carob Nut

Member 26245

Level 6.27

Nov 2007

Old Aug 8, 2011, 05:23 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2011, 03:23 PM #1 of 3
Again - The DS Game

Hey i had a question, i saw (and got) a new game called "again" for the DS. It was fairly cheap and i kinda wonder why... any reviews on this thing?

Most amazing jew boots

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2011, 06:00 PM #2 of 3
Yes, there are reviews.

Now whether anyone here has played it, that's another matter.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2011, 06:03 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2011, 05:03 PM #3 of 3
Again is the only Cing adventure game I don't own, (but not through lack of trying. I did rent it though) but like most of their visual novel/adventure games, it's text heavy, verbose, and focused on characters.

The hook in this one is again a detective style story, only this one is about a guy who can see the past, and is dealing with a serial killer who has reappeared after two decades. The mechanic boils down to a bit of "spot the difference" between two images instead of the normally really clever Cing puzzles, which are usually things like "close the DS to apply stamps" or "hold the DS at a specific angle to see the reflection of the bottom screen off the top screen" or really fucking cool meta-shit like that. Which isn't to say that different puzzles don't exist, but the past vision segments are kind of meh and overly pixel-huntish.

Unlike the stories of Kyle Hyde or Ashley Robbins though, the characters in Again are less interesting. They aren't awful or anything, but they seem underbaked and it's a lot harder to give a shit about them. The overall plot is pretty good, though.

What you bought isn't awful, but it's not Cing's best by any stretch. I imagine you found it for 10 bucks or something in a bargain bin, and I'd say the price is about right at that point.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Again - The DS Game