Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:32 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 12:32 AM #751 of 1941
You know with cross BG, I could techicnally then duel people from laughingskull...

But seriously I'm thinking of giving up my rogue and work on my 44 orc lock.

I just can't deal with rogue bullshit, I feel I get forced into daggers for high damage for both PVE/PVP, but I don't know. It just seems I aint happy with the review. I mean it's a good review but I think sprint needs a bigger buff but meh.

I just don't know, I can't even think of a good spec even now. I'm sitting here looking at the talent calc for anything and well, any spec I go, I just feel I'm loosing out on something. I've had about 5 different ways to build but I just feel I'm losing something or I'm doing something wrong.

I don't wnat to go daggers due to lack of items a dagger rogue would need... That and I don't want to sit in AV all day for just one lousy dagger at exalted.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:12 AM Local time: Jul 20, 2006, 11:12 PM #752 of 1941
I feel you, man. I got on my rogue finally in the PTRs, and while stunlocking was fun, and I won quite a few duels... I just have no idea how to proceed, y'know?

And yeah, sprint DID need a bigger buff. I would've preferred an immunity to roots/snares for 1/2 to 3/4 of the duration of the buff, and Vanish needs more fixing.

Hell, while we're at it, why the FUCK haven't they lowered the cooldowns for Blind/Vanish/Evasion/Sprint? Seriously, they're the abilities that are depended upon to win more than any else in the game (and even then they're not always a 100% guarantee of a win), so why is it that a rogue is only good once every 5 minutes?

I don't wanna see a 30 second cooldown, though. I'm thinking a 60-second cooldown for Sprint, 3 minutes for Vanish/Blind, and 2 minutes for Evasion. That would be more balanced.

Oh well, at least the PTRs have convinced me to start levelling my Troll Rogue again. =D

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 04:51 AM #753 of 1941
I am a rogue and I can tell you that nothing is wrong with the cooldowns. It is not like they are on a shared cooldown, in pvp you can blind someone and easily get away from them if needed. You can also Sprint, Vanish etc to get away or turn the tide in your favor. If you could do all three of these within 3 minutes, that would clearly be overpowering the class for pvp. The Sprint buff is a huge pvp advantage now, not only can you break movement effects but you can break out and run faster towards your goal.

Zio you get forced into daggers? That really blows, we got to pick what spec we want, our balance is somewhat nice to, we have about 3 20/31 sword rogues, a few seal fate dagger and even a combat dagger rogue. Weapon drops have been sick for us lately, in 2 months of BWL we have seen 3 Maladaths, 4 Claw of the Blake Drake's, 3 Nightmare Blades, 3 Vis'kags and tonight our first Ancient Qiraji Ripper. So no complains from me on what spec I am.

AQ sucks by the way, im disappointed after hearing how impossibly hard some of the fights were. In about 2 weeks we are already up to Huhuran and 75% of the guild had never stepped into AQ before. Meh oh well.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:10 AM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 07:10 AM #754 of 1941
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
I am a rogue and I can tell you that nothing is wrong with the cooldowns. It is not like they are on a shared cooldown, in pvp you can blind someone and easily get away from them if needed. You can also Sprint, Vanish etc to get away or turn the tide in your favor. If you could do all three of these within 3 minutes, that would clearly be overpowering the class for pvp. The Sprint buff is a huge pvp advantage now, not only can you break movement effects but you can break out and run faster towards your goal.

Zio you get forced into daggers? That really blows, we got to pick what spec we want, our balance is somewhat nice to, we have about 3 20/31 sword rogues, a few seal fate dagger and even a combat dagger rogue. Weapon drops have been sick for us lately, in 2 months of BWL we have seen 3 Maladaths, 4 Claw of the Blake Drake's, 3 Nightmare Blades, 3 Vis'kags and tonight our first Ancient Qiraji Ripper. So no complains from me on what spec I am.

AQ sucks by the way, im disappointed after hearing how impossibly hard some of the fights were. In about 2 weeks we are already up to Huhuran and 75% of the guild had never stepped into AQ before. Meh oh well.

No, no I don't mean force force as in like in a raid but I feel blizzard is forcing me to cause they really didn't improve combat like I wanted them to... Or something. I wanted them to give you know perhaps a sword spec rogue or even a mace spec rogue to get a special attack or something. Cause now it seems with all the additions, well... It seems I may just have to go dagger to get the 'full' use of anything. I just hate daggers cause well when I did it, it just seemed so boring cause well I aced things so easily like that. Espeically with coldblood.

And there is a major difference between PVP/Duels. Trust me, I may not win duels but my god do I win PVP, just because of the fact that well, rogues can sit there and watch them till they finally sit down and eat.

Quote:
I feel you, man. I got on my rogue finally in the PTRs, and while stunlocking was fun, and I won quite a few duels... I just have no idea how to proceed, y'know?

And yeah, sprint DID need a bigger buff. I would've preferred an immunity to roots/snares for 1/2 to 3/4 of the duration of the buff, and Vanish needs more fixing.

Hell, while we're at it, why the FUCK haven't they lowered the cooldowns for Blind/Vanish/Evasion/Sprint? Seriously, they're the abilities that are depended upon to win more than any else in the game (and even then they're not always a 100% guarantee of a win), so why is it that a rogue is only good once every 5 minutes?

I don't wanna see a 30 second cooldown, though. I'm thinking a 60-second cooldown for Sprint, 3 minutes for Vanish/Blind, and 2 minutes for Evasion. That would be more balanced.

Oh well, at least the PTRs have convinced me to start levelling my Troll Rogue again. =D
PTR?

And it isn't, so much the cooldowns but once they are spent, your more then likely fucked.

You wouldn't need half the time to be immune, atleast 3-6 secs.

This is how I wanted sprint.

6 seconds, 70% speed increase. Immune to all snares/roots/whatever to slow you down/stop you. 60 energy, like a 30 sec - 1 min cooldown.

Not to mention, I don't know rather or not to get agression cause well the sword skill isn't much for PVP....

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=yhg00xZG0Edr0zxbox

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=nhg00xZG0Edr0zxcoL

Those are the two combat builds.... I really do want a fucking ironfoe from emp and anther mace so I can teach these fuckers that mace/sword spec can be good... I'm still in my best blues before PVP cause I've had so much fucking guild trouble but now I'm ina guild that does DKP and that all the rogues have 6+ NS. But I just feel like I may just level my lock besides they only have 2 locks that show up for raids and they need more locks. xD I don't know really.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!

Last edited by Zio; Jul 21, 2006 at 07:15 AM.
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:20 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 05:20 PM #755 of 1941
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burni...lasscombo.html

So, any Horde rolling pally? Any Alliance want to try out the glorious shaman?

Are they still unfairly overpowered?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:21 PM #756 of 1941
O.....M.....G.....

If this is true, the races just became equally balanced....

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burni...lasscombo.html

EDIT:Heh posted within a minute too late, ah well

EDIT2, my thoughts on this:Well hopefully this will FINALLY bring the horde and alliance pops to more equal footing overall. It seems a bit like a copout/hackish move by Blizz, but you gotta go with what works I guess. I can't see the Shaman population being too happy overall since most guilds will just want to replace them with pallies though.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!

Last edited by Kaelin; Jul 21, 2006 at 12:25 PM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:11 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 11:11 AM #757 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
EDIT2, my thoughts on this:Well hopefully this will FINALLY bring the horde and alliance pops to more equal footing overall. It seems a bit like a copout/hackish move by Blizz, but you gotta go with what works I guess. I can't see the Shaman population being too happy overall since most guilds will just want to replace them with pallies though.
You're damn right I'm pissed.

Not only is this a complete cop-out (hay guys instead of actually fixing a class's problems that result in a faction imbalance let's just give them the better class), but it shoots the lore to hell (again), and basically ruins any chance of me actually getting into a raid come Burning Crusade.

That fucking does it. Unless they actually get us something that makes me good in a raid, I'm done with this game come expansion. I'm fucking tired of this utter bullshit.

How ya doing, buddy?
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:36 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 06:36 PM #758 of 1941
Perhaps the class will be retooled to bring it up to snuff with the paladins for raiding.

I mean, there are more talent points and whatnot to spend, and a likely tree revamp.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:50 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 12:50 PM #759 of 1941
Honestly, this Shaman is fucking estatic. Not only is the alliance going to get to see Shaman gimped-ness first hand, but they'll finally have a reason to care about our issues.

In addition, I planned on rolling a Paladin during the expansion anyways, and now I don't have to leave my beloved Horde.

- WraithTwo -

FELIPE NO
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:55 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 11:55 AM #760 of 1941
To be honest, I am maintaining a sliver of hope for them actually fixing the shammy in PVE come expansion, but considering how they've had the chance to do so several times and haven't.... no. With Blizzard's stupidity, blessings and totems most likely won't stack either.

Unless Blizzard manages to pull off a big surprise for everybody involved, the expansion pack is the death of the shaman class.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 03:05 PM #761 of 1941
What the fuck?

I'm rather disappointed in this. Oh no they are going to give the horde pallies and the alliance shammies.

They should have made two unique classes instead of this bullshit.

I'm serious though.

Well I suppose it's a blessing somewhat, I suppose now Alliance will see how underpower the shammy is in PVE, and now the horde will have a say on how underpower the pally is in PVP?

<_<;

Meh I'd rather have two unquie classes.

Originally Posted by Zio
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 04:09 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 09:09 PM #762 of 1941
It seems like two further unique classes would imbalance the game, while this balances it completely.

How ya doing, buddy?
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:47 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2006, 05:47 PM #763 of 1941
While in turn it pretty much negates any sort of uniqueness either side had.

Want to be a shaman but don't want to be an orc, troll, or tauren? Roll a Draenei!

Want to be an elf but not hang out with filthy gnomes? Go horde!

Want to be a paladin but don't want to be a human or dwarf? Play a blood elf!

I like that I'll be able to get paladin buffs in raids. I dislike that I will get to fight shaman outside of duels now.

Most amazing jew boots
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 01:42 AM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 01:42 AM #764 of 1941
Tal, perhaps but jesus christ, don't give them cross faction shit.

It's bad enough to duel shammies at times. Now it'll be even worse.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Shoeless
The questgiver.

Member 834

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 08:10 AM #765 of 1941
Despite all the lore inconsistency that the Warcraft series has had since its inception, I've always been fond of the setting. Each game built upon and enhanced the lore of the previous game. However, it is getting much and much harder to swallow the new lore than Metzen is throwing at us. The last few months have been particularly frustrating for players who enjoyed WoW for its rich storyline.

Still, all of us addicts will slop it up and keep feeding at the Blizzard trough.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Shoeless; Jul 22, 2006 at 08:15 AM.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:21 AM Local time: Jul 22, 2006, 10:21 AM #766 of 1941
Originally Posted by Shoeless
Despite all the lore inconsistency that the Warcraft series has had since its inception, I've always been fond of the setting. Each game built upon and enhanced the lore of the previous game. However, it is getting much and much harder to swallow the new lore than Metzen is throwing at us. The last few months have been particularly frustrating for players who enjoyed WoW for its rich storyline.

Still, all of us addicts will slop it up and keep feeding at the Blizzard trough.

The reason I 'slop' it up is cause I put so much time into my characters, I dont' give it up so easily.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Jul 23, 2006, 03:06 AM #767 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Tal, perhaps but jesus christ, don't give them cross faction shit.

It's bad enough to duel shammies at times. Now it'll be even worse.
Just think how Alliance will feel when pallys start counterattacking in AV.

FELIPE NO
Jedi_Cream
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10099

Level 1.00

Jul 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:13 PM #768 of 1941
Good old Blizzard games, you gotta love 'em.
(Even when they are sometimes a bit odd)

Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:53 PM #769 of 1941
That's pretty fucked up. Think how that will change 40 man raids. It differs per raid and per boss, but your going to have to sacrifice some spots to let in a 9th class. In the past you usually had like a 5 per class balance, what about now?

It's kinda imba in a way though, Kings, Might AND Windfury, Strength of Earth, Grace of Air? (I know they're both air) That will be nerfed. No way you mysteriously get double buffs all of a sudden. What about Fire resist totem and Fire Aura, 120 from just that, how about no?

I don't care either way, I quit and I'm glad I got all this shit over with.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)

Last edited by Xellos; Jul 22, 2006 at 11:00 PM.
The Bishop
FATE

Member 9932

Level 3.62

Jul 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:34 AM Local time: Jul 24, 2006, 11:34 PM #770 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
That's pretty fucked up. Think how that will change 40 man raids. It differs per raid and per boss, but your going to have to sacrifice some spots to let in a 9th class. In the past you usually had like a 5 per class balance, what about now?

It's kinda imba in a way though, Kings, Might AND Windfury, Strength of Earth, Grace of Air? (I know they're both air) That will be nerfed. No way you mysteriously get double buffs all of a sudden. What about Fire resist totem and Fire Aura, 120 from just that, how about no?

I don't care either way, I quit and I'm glad I got all this shit over with.
Na, it'll just be 2 resto shamans (1 in both of the melee groups for WF) and 4 pallys, drop either a druid/hunter/warlock gg...

I just read-up on the stuff I've been 'missing out on' since I quit two months ago. Seems like I've missed nothing at all, so I'll leave my account frozen and continue my search for cool RPGs I missed in the past few years. ~!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:03 PM #771 of 1941
Just transferred my warrior to my own account. Now I can raid when I want to

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 03:10 AM #772 of 1941
I just hit 50 tonight on my Mage, finally, so I'm out of the leveling hell that is 30 - 49. Unfortunately, I opted to bring my little brother (a 53 rogue) with my regular group when we ran Mara. HUGE mistake. He spent the entire run bitching about how he wasn't getting any good equipment and such, and doing an extremely sub-par job with the DPS (Damage charts showed me doing over 4 times the damage he did). It was an embarassment to myself and all-in-all a very unproductive run.

But woo! 50!

How ya doing, buddy?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:37 AM Local time: Jul 25, 2006, 09:37 AM #773 of 1941
You think 30-49 is bad? Wait until you start grinding 50-60. Takes fucking FOREVER, and it's almost impossible to find a group for the higher instances (ST, BRD/BRS, for example) because either you a) need to be around 55 to stand a chance (BRD) or higher (BRS), or b) the instance is so long and just not worth it that a group is almost never happening (ST).

I'm at 54 right now and pretty much at a standstill. Most of my time on my shammy is spent helping a friend grind up to 40, and meanwhile I've rolled a warrior (a troll, again ) and have been levelling HIM up. And to be honest, I forgot that being a warrior was so FUN in PvE. He's already level 11, and I think that eventually he'll become my main for raiding and shit, and my shammy will be a farming/PVP alt. That may change when Burning Crusade comes out, though, especially if Blizzard alters the mechanics enough so that pallys have a role more along the lines of tanking/buffing and shammies have a role along the lines of DPS/healing/spot buffing, instead of just healing.

I'm trying to remain somewhat optimistic about the expansion... but to be honest it's not working out too well. ;_;

I was speaking idiomatically.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 09:46 AM #774 of 1941
No, sorry, that's bullshit. 50-60 is smooth sailing. Plenty of high level areas with enough quests to get you to 60 just by doing quests.

40-50 is HELL. Not enough quests or areas. Incredibly slow and boring. It's what prevented me from leveling my 5th level 60 character...I just couldn't stand the 40->50 barrier anymore.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:41 AM Local time: Jul 26, 2006, 09:41 AM #775 of 1941
50-60 is the easiest crap ever. Just live inside Stratholme or something and you'll blast through it.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft