Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 05:37 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 03:37 AM #726 of 1941

World of Warcraft Public Test Patch 1.12.0

Cross-Realm Battlegrounds
For the first time in the history of World of Warcraft, you will be able to face off against players from other realms in the Battlegrounds. PvP Battlegrounds link Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch, and Arathi Basin so that players from several realms will be combined into one huge matchmaking pool. Replenish your mana, sharpen your blades, and get ready for some brand-new challengers!
World PvP

The stage is set for intense, objective-based land battles as Horde and Alliance vie for control over important strategic positions and resources around Azeroth. Head
out for Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands to engage the enemy on the field!

General

Threat Reduction Effects
This system has been redesigned to eliminate inconsistency in how the effects work. Previously, some were additive (for example: 30% reduction + 20% reduction = 50% reduction) while others were multiplicative (30% threat reduction multiplied by 20% threat reduction equals 44% threat reduction). They are now all multiplicative. This also prevents unpredictable behavior when the total reduction percentage was equal to or greater than 100%.

Haste and Slow effects
Previously Haste and Slow effects worked inconsistently, with spells working differently from weapons, and hastes and slows not acting as inverses of each other. We have revised the system so that all haste and slow effects work the same way, and haste and slow percentages perfectly cancel each other out (30% haste and 30% slow combine to no change). As a result, we had to change the tooltip numbers on all spell haste effects, and on all melee and range slow effects. The numbers in the tooltips are different, but the game functionality is unchanged (other than slight rounding errors). Those tooltips that changed will now display larger numbers than they used to display. Conceptually, haste values indicate how much more of that activity you can perform in a given time. 30% melee haste means 30% more swings in a given time. Slow values indicate how much longer an activity takes to complete. 30% slow means an action takes 30% longer to finish. For those interested, the new haste and slow effects work mathematically in the following way. Each effect separately multiplies the attack timer of your weapon or casting time of your spell. They are multiplied in sequence (order doesn't matter) and the final result is the attack timer or casting time. The multipliers use the following equations:

Haste effects: multiplier=1/(1+percent/100)
Slow effects: multiplier=1*(1+percent/100)

As an example, a 50% haste generates a multiplier of 0.666; a 50% slow generates a multiplier of 1.5. If they are multiplied together the result is 1. A 50% haste on a 3.0 speed weapon makes it 2.0 speed, resulting in you getting 30 swings per minute instead of 20 swings per minute: 50% more swings. A 50% slow on a 3.0 casting time spell generates a casting time of 4.5. It took you 50% longer to finish casting the spell.

The deserter debuff will now continue to expire even while you are offline.

Druids

Barkskin: The tooltip has been changed to 25% due to the haste effect change.
Ferocious Bite: The Book of Ferocious Bite (Rank 5) now drops somewhere in the world.
Furor: This talent now works correctly with Cat Form again.
Improved Shred: The discounted cost for Shred will now be displayed correctly even when you are not in Cat Form.
Rip: Lesser potency Rips will no longer overwrite greater potency ones.
Hunters

Spirit Bond: This ability will now be correctly reapplied when you resurrect in a battleground and your pet is polymorphed or otherwise unable to act normally.

Mages

Arcane Missiles: It is no longer possible to cast this spell on an evading mob. In addition, the animation will now stop when the target is dead.
Arcane Power: It is no longer possible to gain the benefit of this spell and Power Infusion at the same time by careful timing.
Frost Armor Chilled effect: The tooltip has been changed to 100% due to the haste effect change.
Ice Armor Chilled effect: The tooltip has been changed to 100% due to the haste effect change.
Polymorph: This spell will now be removed when a player leaves a battleground. This prevents some bugs involving polymorph from occurring.
Evocation will no longer be usable while silenced.

Paladins

Divine Shield: The tooltip has been changed to 100% due to the haste effect change.

Priests

Mind Control: The tooltip has been changed to 25% due to the haste effect change.
Psychic Scream: This spell now uses the same resistance checks as the Warlock spell Fear.

Rogues

Due to significant talent changes, Rogues will have all talent points refunded and can be respent. Training costs for all talent spell replacements have been significantly reduced.
Eviscerate: Manual of Eviscerate (Rank 9) now drops somewhere in the world.
Garrote: The damage from this ability has been increased approximately 50%.
Relentless Strikes: This ability will no longer trigger when your finishing move does not hit your target.
Sap: Enemy rogues will now always lose stealth when you Sap them.

Shaman

Grounding Totem: This totem will no longer absorb multiple effects from Entrapment in a 10 second period.

Windfury Totem: The weapon enchantment from this totem will now only trigger off normal melee swings. This means abilities such as Sinister Strike, Mortal Strike, and Hamstring will no longer trigger the Windfury Totem.
Reincarnation should now display the cooldown timer when used.
Chain Heal - After the initial target is healed, the healing effect will jump to the most damaged target (by absolute health) within range. In addition, if a raid member is the initial target it will look for valid raid targets to jump to rather than non-raid targets as a priority, making it consistent with group targeted Chain Heals.

Warlocks

Cripple (Doomguard): The tooltip has been changed to 45% due to the haste effect change.
Enslave Demon: The tooltip has been changed to 40% due to the haste effect change.
Health Funnel: This spell will now work correctly on low-level enslaved demons.
Howl of Terror: This spell now uses the same resistance checks as the Warlock spell Fear.
Siphon Life will now properly gain a benefit from Shadow Mastery.

Warriors

Flurry: The text on the tooltip has been corrected to indicate it triggers on all types of attacks.
Shield Slam: This ability will sometimes no longer remove more than one beneficial effect from the target.
Sword Specialization: This ability can no longer trigger off of itself.

Items

+30 Spell Damage Enchantment: Fixed a bug with this enchantment which was preventing it from benefiting healing spells.
Blade of Eternal Darkness: The triggered effect from this weapon will no longer occur when the spell being cast has its effect broken by causing damage.
Blazefury Medallion: The triggered effect from this item will no longer break Gouge.
Bonescythe Armor: The Eviscerate bonus will no longer trigger when your Eviscerate does not hit your target.
Darkmoon Card- Twisting Nether: The dialog for this resurrection will now always reappear after the Spirit of Redemption effect has completed.
Eye of the Dead: Holy Shock now interacts properly with this item.
Ranged Elemental Damage: Our ranged combat system does not allow a ranged weapon to do a mix of Elemental (Fire, Frost, Arcane, etc.) and Physical damage. Many ranged weapons existed which were listed as doing Elemental damage and did not function properly (the damage was dealt, but was treated as Physical). All of those weapons have been changed to deliver the Elemental damage as a chance on hit effect. Hurricane was previously changed this way in 1.11. The following ranged weapons are also fixed in 1.12: Bow of Searing Arrows, Dwarven Hand Cannon, Heartseeking Crossbow, Dark Iron Rifle, Galgann's Fireblaster, Quillshooter, Shell Launcher Shotgun, Venomstrike, and Verdant Keeper's Aim.
Talisman of Ascendence: This item will no longer trigger from physical damage effects. In addition, if either of the buffs from the item are cancelled, they will both be cancelled.
Zandalarian Hero Charm: Item tooltip corrected to match the effect tooltip.
The Items that summon mounts have been changed in their color/quality. Items that summon normal mounts are now blue(superior)items and items that summon swift mounts are now purple(epic) items.
Fixed a bug that allowed you to use items which restored health or mana while you were already full health or mana.
Fixed a bug with the Jom Gabbar trinket which was causing it to trigger a category cooldown for a duration longer than intended.
Fixed a bug that prevented Arcane Missiles from being able to trigger the effect of Wrath of Cenarius.
Clarified the tooltips for the Stormshroud armor and Kalimdor's Revenge to explain that they deal Nature damage.
Fixed a bug that caused the Blooddrenched Mask to hide a character's hair.
Warbear leather now stacks to 20.
Professions

Engineering: The damage from sapper charges can now be resisted. The overall DPS of the charges should not be significantly altered from what it currently is.
Engineering: Explosive sheep do fire damage instead of physical damage.
Raids and Dungeons

Uldaman
Reduced the number of Shadowforge Ambushers that attack after looting the quest chest.
Shadowforge Ambushers are no longer elite.
The respawn of the Stone Stewards has been changed to 2 hours (from 30 minutes).
Zul'Farrak
The respawn of the 2 Troll/1 Basilisk patrollers should now be 2 hours.
Reduced the damage dealt by the Sul'lithuz Abomination and Sul'lithuz Sandcrawler.
Dead Heroes are no longer elites.
Theka the Martyr will now only remain immune to physical damage for 30 seconds before reverting to normal.
Antu'sul's Sul'lithuz Broodlings now only hatch 4 at a time and are significantly weaker.
Witch Doctor Zum'rah will no longer call as many dead heroes to his aid when aggroed.
Weegli Blastfuse now has slightly more hit points.
Antu'sul's Warden no longer attempts to knock adventurers into Antu'sul's lair.
Sandfury Cretins who engage the party during the pyramid event are no longer able to cast shadow bolt.

Mauradon
Noxxious Scions will no longer spawn when you cleanse Celebrian Vines.

User Interface

V key functionality has been improved in several ways.
V key now shows summoned monsters (such as the gargoyles in Stratholme.)
V key now shows both monsters and player enemies.
V now shows enemies only (no longer shows friendly targets.)
Shift-V now shows friendly targets only, not enemies (with a new bindable hotkey.)
Control-V shows both friendly targets and enemy targets (with a new bindable hotkey.)
New floating combat text has been added to the game with a number of options. You can see when you take damage, when you are healed and how much, when you acquire and lose auras and much more. You can turn on the new options in the newly revised options screen.
The Need Before Greed and Group Loot countdown timers will now have a 3 minute countdown when there is a bind on acquire item on the corpse. This should allow a bit more time in making a decision to roll for an item.
Automatic Quest Tracking has been added to the game and is turned on by default. Any time you advance a quest by advancing one of the requirements, the quest information will appear on your screen for 5 minutes before fading. You can turn this option off from the options screen.
There is now a confirmation dialogue when you attempt to disband your guild.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug that caused some non-combat pets to be referred to as Minions instead of Pets. Mini Diablo however has escaped this fate and will continue to be referred to as a Minion.

Mother. FUCKER.

So Blizzard just took the ONE thing that shamans brought that was something approaching good to a raid and nerfed it. I think that somebody did the math and it came out to a 150 DPS nerf to all Horde side raiding.

Congratulations. People wanted Alliance to not only have better buffs in every way shape and form, along with bullshit tactics like Divine Intervention on Razorgore (I think it's him), but to have Horde have absolutely nothing to compare, and they just got it.

I'm seriously considering organizing a server crash to protest this utter bullshit. =\

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 06:55 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 01:55 PM #727 of 1941
Since you absolutely want to bring WOW forum whines to this forum.... -.-:

L2P N00B GTFO!

Also where is the alliance agility buff? Nothing on alliance comes near the agility buff of your totem.

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 07:49 AM #728 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kensaki
Since you absolutely want to bring WOW forum whines to this forum.... -.-:

L2P N00B GTFO!

Also where is the alliance agility buff? Nothing on alliance comes near the agility buff of your totem.

WTF? Windufry totem was the reason I rolled Shaman. It's a legitimate reason to "whine". But I'm sure it was the end result in someone going "OMFG WINDFURY TOTEM IS TEH OVERPOWARED NERF PLZ SO I HAVE A CHANCE TO BEAT THEM IN PVP". But I'm sure it's ok for something like that to happen, but if it were to happen to something beneficial like that for alliance then "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!"

off course this pertains if this is all true or not.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by dagget; Jul 15, 2006 at 07:56 AM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:08 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 11:08 AM #729 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
off course this pertains if this is all true or not.
It is. Go download the PTR for 1.12 and look up the notes. They're what I posted.

Gonna make a new account with the 10-day guest pass I got with the game, using my dad's info.

Let's just say... you guys won't wanna play on Burning Legion Tuesday.

EDIT: Oh, and your agility buff? Blessing of Kings? The one that not only buffs agility, but every other stat, and scales with gear?

I also find it hilarious that the only thing you can come up with to counter my point is a shitty-ass acronym that implies I am somehow a bad player for wanting Blizzard to actually close the gap between Alliance and Horde raiding difficulty, instead of widening it even further.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by The_Griffin; Jul 15, 2006 at 01:10 PM.
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:43 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 08:43 PM #730 of 1941
Actually I'm just being stupid and whiny in retort to your behavior.

And seriously go cry at Blizzards forum I don't post or go there anymore cause its all fucking whines and crying. And if you just rolled shaman for windfury well sucks to be you, now live with it.

I seriously don't see what whining on this site will make Blizzard change a thing about their game. Go rant to Blizzard itself if you want something changed geezus.

EDIT: And yes about BOK this is something a paladin actually has to talent. Last time I saw the agility totem wasn't a talent ability neither was windfury.

I see horde guilds in Naxx making good progress. I'm sorry your raiding experience isn't easymode enough for you but the real raiders doesn't seem to have your problems so whatever.

Anyhow cry more cry till your eyes turn red cause thats all you do apparently. But please go cry somewhere else cause its giving me a fucking headache.

Also agility totem + windfury totem is comparable dps to BoK and BoM so whatever.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Kensaki; Jul 15, 2006 at 01:52 PM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 05:07 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2006, 03:07 PM #731 of 1941
Actually I'm just being stupid and whiny in retort to your behavior.

And seriously go cry at Blizzards forum I don't post or go there anymore cause its all fucking whines and crying. And if you just rolled shaman for windfury well sucks to be you, now live with it.

I seriously don't see what whining on this site will make Blizzard change a thing about their game. Go rant to Blizzard itself if you want something changed geezus.

EDIT: And yes about BOK this is something a paladin actually has to talent. Last time I saw the agility totem wasn't a talent ability neither was windfury.

I see horde guilds in Naxx making good progress. I'm sorry your raiding experience isn't easymode enough for you but the real raiders doesn't seem to have your problems so whatever.

Anyhow cry more cry till your eyes turn red cause thats all you do apparently. But please go cry somewhere else cause its giving me a fucking headache.

Also agility totem + windfury totem is comparable dps to BoK and BoM so whatever.
what the fuck.

SO MUCH IGNORANCE.

1)How the fuck is your sheer faggotry any way comparable to "Why the fuck did Blizzard nerf a faction that needed a buff?"

2)Grace of Air and Windfury CANNOT BE USED TOGETHER. Learn about the fucking class before you complain about it.

3)I did not roll a shaman for Windfury, I rolled it because I thought that they sounded like a good class. Why should I have to give up all the time I've invested in it because Blizzard decided that I can't bring anything decent to a raid?

4)Blizzard does not fucking listen. At all. The forums can't be used because any time somebody posts a legitimate, CIVIL question about these senseless nerfs, it gets deleted, occasionally locked with no warning. And also, why can't I use a thread dedicated to talking about this game, to discuss problems with it?

5)How many Horde guilds are making Naxx progress, and how many Alliance guilds are making Naxx progress? It's about 9 to 2, Alliance advantage if I recall correctly. Yet the ratio of Alliance population to Horde population is around 45:55. What does this say to you?

6)I love how you call Horde raiding "easymode." Because having the single best buff in the game, insanely good mana regen, and practically no aggro worries is so incredibly hard, and having buffs that are all but useless due to insane in-combat mana cost, range issues, and are also mathematically inferior to the other faction's buffs is so incredibly easy.

God, sometimes I really, REALLY have to wonder if anybody actually bothers to learn any basic knowledge about the game before posting.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 05:23 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 12:23 AM #732 of 1941
1). Blizzard devs clearly doesn't think so and they designed the game I think they'd know better than you. But hey whatever makes you sleep better at night.

2). I see your problem right there... You need to bring more than one shaman too a raid you know...

3). All hybrids are being forced into a healing role since Blizzard made just one main healing class. Not much you can do about it so yeah cry more.

4). I'd delete the whine too else the forum would be more flooded with the crap than it is. Infact I'd start banning the whiners and lvl 1-10 flaming alts too. Would make the forum actually usable. And if you think 99% listen anymore you are out of your mind. We are all trying to stuff our ears full so this monotome screeching sound will go away.

5). I could cry about it being near impossible to stunlock an ork because of their lovely racial. Or any of the other so called overpowered horde racials. But hey I don't I'm to polite to cry endlessly to people who can't do shit about it(You do realise Community Managers have no power of the development of the game, yes you do and still...)

God has no fault in you being a crybaby so he would prefer you don't drag him into this. Go back to the WOW forum with the whines. I'm sure you can circlejerk with the oth 1.2 million whiners there.

Anyhow since talking more about this subject with you further is probably pointless I'll stop replying too you so we don't get this thread thrown into the sewers(although that would be fun hehe).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Kensaki; Jul 15, 2006 at 05:26 PM.
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2006, 08:19 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 01:19 AM #733 of 1941
"Cry more" has to be the most flaccid comment I've heard regarding points someone has made.

I find it kind of hilarious regarding the attitude that if people stop complaining, everything would be fine. The sole way to get your voice heard is to voice your opinion, and to shoot it down in such a manner as you have really makes no argument that there is not an imbalance. I don't hear much Alliance complaining. Is this because the Alliance population is more mature individuals? Don't think so. In fact, based on the amount of crymore I hear from both sides, it's about even.

In any case, keep a civil tone from here on in.

How ya doing, buddy?
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:19 AM #734 of 1941
Ill actually agree though about Shamans. I really do not get people who complain that they cannot bring anything to a raid. They can heal therefor thats what they are supposed to do. I guess most players want them to have more of a purpose but really want do you want? Them to give up healing and dps? Sure why not, let druids stop healing and spec feral so they can dps too!

Everyone is always going to complain about what their raid role is, the only time it can be different is in warriors who can trade off being melee dps and tanking when needed. As a rogue I know I always will be DPSing, thats what I do. Yeah it gets boring sometimes but its optimal. I know the "crymore" is a symbol of the lame trolls on the WoW forums but its seriously what I think so many of these people need to do.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:45 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 12:45 AM #735 of 1941
1). Blizzard devs clearly doesn't think so and they designed the game I think they'd know better than you. But hey whatever makes you sleep better at night.
So they would know better than almost everybody who has raided both Horde and Alliance?

Quote:
2). I see your problem right there... You need to bring more than one shaman too a raid you know...
...So you would have two shamans in EACH MELEE GROUP, just for windfury and Grace of Air. Because guess what? Totems only affect the party, not the raid. In fact, that's one of the major complaints many people have with Horde raiding: You need a much larger amount of Shamans to buff a raid (8, and that's not even giving out all the useful buffs; you'd need something along the lines of 16 for that) than you do paladins. And with each shaman you put in, you hurt your raid's DPS, tanking, and healing capability more than you gain with the buffs.

Quote:
3). All hybrids are being forced into a healing role since Blizzard made just one main healing class. Not much you can do about it so yeah cry more.
What does this have to do with ANYTHING I said? I would be FINE if I could heal and buff good. The problem is that I can't provide enough healing, or enough buffs, or enough DPS, or enough tanking to justify taking me over a Resto (or even Feral) druid, or a priest of any spec, or pretty much any other class.

Quote:
4). I'd delete the whine too else the forum would be more flooded with the crap than it is. Infact I'd start banning the whiners and lvl 1-10 flaming alts too. Would make the forum actually usable. And if you think 99% listen anymore you are out of your mind. We are all trying to stuff our ears full so this monotome screeching sound will go away.
So in other words, when people ask "Why did you do something that makes no sense?" it's a whine, and should be deleted.

Clean your nose, for God's sakes. It's stinking up the house.

FELIPE NO
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 04:38 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 11:38 AM #736 of 1941
Originally Posted by Talbain
"Cry more" has to be the most flaccid comment I've heard regarding points someone has made.

I find it kind of hilarious regarding the attitude that if people stop complaining, everything would be fine. The sole way to get your voice heard is to voice your opinion, and to shoot it down in such a manner as you have really makes no argument that there is not an imbalance. I don't hear much Alliance complaining. Is this because the Alliance population is more mature individuals? Don't think so. In fact, based on the amount of crymore I hear from both sides, it's about even.

In any case, keep a civil tone from here on in.
One thing is to come with suggestions and explain why you think so. Another is to rant about "Blizzard doesn't care about me! They have no clue what they are doing!" Since obviously that's going to make them take you seriously.

Also they factions are balanced differently obviously as they do not want one faction to be a clone of the other.

As far as I remember there was a horde guild that downed C'thun first in europe. So I think people like to exagerate the importance of the paladin buffs. Of course horde needs different tactics but its not ten times harder as people would have you thinking.

Or I could just bring on that old blanket statement: Horde is PVP Alliance is PVE.

Originally Posted by Knighthawk
Ill actually agree though about Shamans. I really do not get people who complain that they cannot bring anything to a raid. They can heal therefor thats what they are supposed to do. I guess most players want them to have more of a purpose but really want do you want? Them to give up healing and dps? Sure why not, let druids stop healing and spec feral so they can dps too!

Everyone is always going to complain about what their raid role is, the only time it can be different is in warriors who can trade off being melee dps and tanking when needed. As a rogue I know I always will be DPSing, thats what I do. Yeah it gets boring sometimes but its optimal. I know the "crymore" is a symbol of the lame trolls on the WoW forums but its seriously what I think so many of these people need to do.

As I stated before Blizzard are content with pushing hybrids into a healing role in raids which the 1.12 "nerf" also seem to hint at. A shaman can say he can heal but his buffs are to weak and thusly he is not useful in raids. But if we are going to bring up that one could also argue why bring rogues too. After all fury warriors do over 90% of a rogue dps and buffs party and can change gear to offtank. Some classes are simply meant to be more specialised than others but that doesn't mean the class is useless. Hell have you ever seen a serious raid with no shamans or rogues?

And yes "crymore" is a kind of stupid statement but I'm getting tired of comforting all the crying.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Kensaki; Jul 16, 2006 at 04:46 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 05:10 AM #737 of 1941
Ok, moving on away from the mini-soap opera that's being present here.

the Cross Battleground realms have been announced. Of the list of servers that Thunderhorn gets to tangle with, one of them is LAUGHING SKULL Now I'm scared to meet Masanda and a few people from there in AV. but maybe I'll get on my alliance and group up with them :P

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 05:37 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 03:37 AM #738 of 1941

the Cross Battleground realms have been announced. Of the list of servers that Thunderhorn gets to tangle with, one of them is LAUGHING SKULL Now I'm scared to meet Masanda and a few people from there in AV. but maybe I'll get on my alliance and group up with them :P
Hyjal got boned. We're in the last group with like 3 other servers.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 05:40 AM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 12:40 PM #739 of 1941
Just one more thing then I'm done with this(Can't believe I missed this.):

Quote:
Chain Heal - After the initial target is healed, the healing effect will jump to the most damaged target (by absolute health) within range. In addition, if a raid member is the initial target it will look for valid raid targets to jump to rather than non-raid targets as a priority, making it consistent with group targeted Chain Heals.
Also what I hear is Grace of Air totem is better for raid DPS than Windfury from the getgo. I see a boost in raid viability here not a nerf.

I'm looking forward to europe implements this. One hour queues is not fun...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 12:41 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 10:41 AM #740 of 1941
Quote:
One thing is to come with suggestions and explain why you think so. Another is to rant about "Blizzard doesn't care about me! They have no clue what they are doing!" Since obviously that's going to make them take you seriously.
Done and ignored. People have tried being civil and constructive. They did it for months before the review, did it for the majority of the review, and quite a few people did so AFTER the review, and look what it got them: a PVP buff and now PVE nerfs. So when civility doesn't work, what is there that you can do?

Quote:
Also they factions are balanced differently obviously as they do not want one faction to be a clone of the other.
I would LOVE "different but equal." The only problem is that the status quo right now is "different, not equal." And with a few basic mechanics that are already present in the game (Somebody suggested giving shammies special totems using the Lightwell mechanic to give out 5-minute dispellable buffs), it COULD be "different but equal." Instead, they're being ignored and this change makes it "different and less equal than before."

Quote:
As far as I remember there was a horde guild that downed C'thun first in europe. So I think people like to exagerate the importance of the paladin buffs. Of course horde needs different tactics but its not ten times harder as people would have you thinking.
That was sheer luck. That was a hotfix that came out when the instance was more or less completely cleared, and IIRC, that Horde guild was followed by around half a dozen Alliance guilds.

Quote:
Or I could just bring on that old blanket statement: Alliance is PVP Alliance is PVE.
Fixed. Remember, Naxx guilds take that gear into battlegrounds. And racials do not an imbalance make.

Quote:
As I stated before Blizzard are content with pushing hybrids into a healing role in raids which the 1.12 "nerf" also seem to hint at. A shaman can say he can heal but his buffs are to weak and thusly he is not useful in raids. But if we are going to bring up that one could also argue why bring rogues too. After all fury warriors do over 90% of a rogue dps and buffs party and can change gear to offtank. Some classes are simply meant to be more specialised than others but that doesn't mean the class is useless. Hell have you ever seen a serious raid with no shamans or rogues?
We're starting to see raids with no shamans. And rogues do bring better aggro control than warriors. They need some help, yes, but they're not utterly worthless. A shaman, put simply, can't pump out the healing, DPS, tanking, or buffs to justify taking one over another class. 4 shaman in a raid could be replaced by a priest, druid, mage/rogue, and warlock, and be just as good, if not better off, than with the four shammies.

Quote:
Also what I hear is Grace of Air totem is better for raid DPS than Windfury from the getgo. I see a boost in raid viability here not a nerf.
The Chain Heal tweak is a bugfix. It's also easily worked around. Currently, if you target somebody in your group, it will only heal members of your group. If you target somebody in your raid, however, it works as normal. This is little more than an ease of use buff. *shrug*

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by The_Griffin; Jul 16, 2006 at 12:43 PM.
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 12:52 PM #741 of 1941
Meh i've had enough of this game. I accomplished quite a few things in the year and a half I played this fucker, but it's time to say farewell. /wave

I've neglected other games, and even RL for that matter for too long. It's nice to have gotten rid of this burden. Always be online at a certain time for a certain raid, constantly doing the same instances...why?! It's stupid when you think about it.

I would have loved to explore naxx a bit more, but I don't regret quitting. The thing i'll miss most is having those stupid pointless discussions on ventrillo with my buddies, that's what I will truly miss the most.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Kensaki
_

Member 2194

Level 15.48

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:06 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2006, 09:06 PM #742 of 1941
Actually cancled my account to, there is little new stuff that is worth the time I have used. And I played this game just as a time sink and now I have less time for it so it's time to say goodbye.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 03:06 PM #743 of 1941
Originally Posted by Xellos
Meh i've had enough of this game. I accomplished quite a few things in the year and a half I played this fucker, but it's time to say farewell. /wave

I've neglected other games, and even RL for that matter for too long. It's nice to have gotten rid of this burden. Always be online at a certain time for a certain raid, constantly doing the same instances...why?! It's stupid when you think about it.

I would have loved to explore naxx a bit more, but I don't regret quitting. The thing i'll miss most is having those stupid pointless discussions on ventrillo with my buddies, that's what I will truly miss the most.

That's all it is, really. Big reason why few people I know have quit playing. You play until 60. Then at 60 you get geared up to go into MC. Then you get geared up in MC to be able to go into BWL. Then it's get geared up in BWL to go in AQ/Naxx. So on and so forth.

I know because of the way I play and think, I'll probably never see the inside of BWL. But I play because I really have nothing better to do with what time I have. Besides, there's the off-chance that I might actually get my guild off the ground and make it a successful guild.

FELIPE NO

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:30 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 02:30 PM #744 of 1941
I know because of the way I play and think, I'll probably never see the inside of BWL.
How do you play and think?

How ya doing, buddy?
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 06:10 PM #745 of 1941
For me endgame is largely about just hanging out with the guild on a run as much as it is about the loot. Some of the best times are had when you're both learning an ecounter and have the encounter on farm status. Even as a priest, my fellow healers and I have had some hilarious healer chat when someone says something like: "This is too easy, let's start letting the rogues get lower on health :-D". It's all in jest, and helps keep the mood light.

The same logic of raid->gear up->raid->gear up can apply to FPS games to an extent too. Why do people keep playing those? Are they not the play map->get better->play map->get better? Folks keep playing those games because they're enjoying themselves and the folks they're hanging out with in their clan. It's all in perspective really.

On a different note, I have FINALLY liberated my mage from Laughing Skull(Stock)! Yes I realize I am crazy and could've leveled up two mages to 60 in the time it took Blizzard to release this service just so I could get my level 33 mage off that stupid server, but I don't care! ;D Besides that mage was one of my first characters ever, so I couldn't bring myself to delete her.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:00 PM #746 of 1941
Originally Posted by Six Machine
How do you play and think?

I play casual and I hate DKP.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Cirno
⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨

Member 980

Level 30.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 10:57 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 07:57 PM #747 of 1941
One of the reasons I really have no intention to join any guilds is because of the whole "BE HERE AT THIS TIME LOL" theme they all share. I understand that this is sort of necessary for high-level items and such, but I'd rather do it with a pack of friends and some random guys I pick from Looking for Group chat. Just wing that shit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:30 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2006, 09:30 PM #748 of 1941
I play casual and I hate DKP.
That'll do it.

Most amazing jew boots
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:49 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 10:49 AM #749 of 1941
Hm. Has anyone else been having A LOT of trouble with the WoW website lately? I have regular issues with not being able to load it at all, or it locks up whatever browser I'm using.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with character transfers. Seems they greatly underestimated the demand for that sort of thing...

I was speaking idiomatically.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2006, 07:28 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2006, 05:28 PM #750 of 1941
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...tmp=1#blizzard

All I can say is, thank God they got their heads out of their asses.

Now shammies are back to borderline dead weight instead of utterly worthless.

EDIT: Oh, I also forgot. There's a rumor going around that there's a new talent, or skill, or SOMETHING for shammies, called Unleashed Rage on the PTRs: http://www.thottbot.com/test?sp=30811

I dunno about you guys, but if this is true, it's definitely a big step in the right direction. I'm not holding too much hope, though.

When the PTRs come back up at 8, I'll copy over my shaman and snoop around for more info.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by The_Griffin; Jul 18, 2006 at 08:44 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft