Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:16 PM #601 of 1941
Yay, patch day. The day when all the add-ons I'm using seem to break, the servers are down more often than up, and I get to play "let's stare at Authenticating" for 30 minutes! Ok it's not really that bad, but sometimes patch days do annoy me with the number of issues they bring despite the cool new content.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:26 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 01:26 PM #602 of 1941
Gotta start fishing the Darkclaw Lobsters off Azshara. I need FOOD for my warrior. And I'm having no luck finding anything. Those fire elementals don't drop any cloth or edibles, so I hafta stock up elsewhere.

Dag, do you recommend buying food or fishing it up? High level food, that is. Buying off an NPC, the highest level of food would cost me 1.25g/stack. Might just bite the bullet and do that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:42 PM #603 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
Gotta start fishing the Darkclaw Lobsters off Azshara. I need FOOD for my warrior. And I'm having no luck finding anything. Those fire elementals don't drop any cloth or edibles, so I hafta stock up elsewhere.

Dag, do you recommend buying food or fishing it up? High level food, that is. Buying off an NPC, the highest level of food would cost me 1.25g/stack. Might just bite the bullet and do that.

Well, for my warrior, I usually spend about 2g buying the blessed sunfruit for him at the Argent Dawn guy (takes Honored I think) I only recently started to fish with my Shaman. I had with my warrior, but it just got tedious and I found myself getting angry I could never fish anything up. So I just quit. heh.

Blessed Sunfruit may recover like 1988 or how much ever health, but you get a +10 strength buff for 10 minutes.

I'm enjoying the game overall alot more with my Shaman. Of course this means I'll have to get that one mod that lets me see the entire party and try to heal and actually learn how to utilize totems. (I'm still uncomfortable being a healer in a party as I'm not really that knowledged in my shaman at the moment)

Don't forget (unless you already have) to get the Nat Pangle's Angler quest out of Raventusk Village. (Requires 100 Skill and increases your fishing skill by 100 when equipped)

yay patch day... RAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH DAG SMASH!!! Main WoW site down... forums work, just not the main site. wonder what the hell is going on. :\ Probably "EMERGENCY MAITENANCE LOLZ!"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by dagget; Jun 20, 2006 at 01:45 PM.
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 01:49 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 01:49 PM #604 of 1941
I'm dling slowly because I'm behind a router...

Regardless, gamefaqs makes my eyes bleed when I tried to find a link for a direct DL mainly cause people think Blizz are skipping rogues blah blah blah. I didn't join but I wanted to say that they skipped rogues cause rogues don't really need much help and plus they to me were the most complete.

And I would have this all dled if my fucking DL manager that Fileplanet tells you to DL would work, I'd be playing by now.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:11 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 02:11 PM #605 of 1941
Pat Nagle's Angler requires Horde for the quest =I I'm Alliance~

Servers are slowly popping back up. *Waits on Llane*

Must. Get. Flight paths ;D

I was speaking idiomatically.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:14 PM #606 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
I'm dling slowly because I'm behind a router...

Regardless, gamefaqs makes my eyes bleed when I tried to find a link for a direct DL mainly cause people think Blizz are skipping rogues blah blah blah. I didn't join but I wanted to say that they skipped rogues cause rogues don't really need much help and plus they to me were the most complete.

And I would have this all dled if my fucking DL manager that Fileplanet tells you to DL would work, I'd be playing by now.
I was at 83% after letting the blizzard downloader run in the background when I started today. Better than waiting in line for 203789421826341984 hours waiting for it to finish.

Also the realm status is hilarious. realms keep going on and offline like a christmas tree (or the Press Your Luck board lol)

I smell another "free day of game play" coming up.

Pat Nagle's Angler requires Horde for the quest =I I'm Alliance~

Servers are slowly popping back up. *Waits on Llane*

Must. Get. Flight paths ;D
oh for some reason I thought you played a Shaman. My bad.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:16 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 02:16 PM #607 of 1941
I *do* have a Shaman though =O But he's 25. And I've been uneasy about playing him hearing all these folks bitching about shammies now.

FELIPE NO

Turbo
*blink*

Member 25

Level 21.66

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:10 PM #608 of 1941
I've only been playing for a week or so, and I have a 33 NE Hunter on Lightninghoof. I wont pretend to understand half the local chatter in the general chat, or with all the jargon they use, but I'm getting there, slowly...

Most amazing jew boots

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:27 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 03:27 PM #609 of 1941
Undead around 59-60 are swarmed around a crystal just SE of Tanaris. Drop Necrotic Runes which are soulbound. Thottbot has nothin' on this. Any ideas? =o Rep with some faction?

Most amazing jew boots

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:36 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 01:36 PM #610 of 1941
Apparently they disabled model editing in 1.11. So much for having my shoulder graphics off. Fucking Blizzard.

How ya doing, buddy?
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:39 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 08:39 PM #611 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
I'm enjoying the game overall alot more with my Shaman. Of course this means I'll have to get that one mod that lets me see the entire party and try to heal and actually learn how to utilize totems. (I'm still uncomfortable being a healer in a party as I'm not really that knowledged in my shaman at the moment)
Neh, you don't need any mods to heal good. All you need are two fingers: one to mash your heals, and another to click on the guy's portrait. Hell, if you WANTED, you could do it with one button, and just use F1-F5 (for five-mans).

It works for me. *shrug*

Most amazing jew boots
Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Jun 20, 2006, 07:56 PM #612 of 1941
http://images.tmbo.org/mirror.php/of...ers-of-wow.jpg

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"

Last edited by Cat9; Jun 22, 2006 at 11:13 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:04 PM #613 of 1941
GRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

THUNDERHORN UP AND DOWN LIKE JACKRABBIT.... /cry

How ya doing, buddy?

Rayne
Chocobo

Member 480

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:17 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 12:17 AM #614 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
GRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

THUNDERHORN UP AND DOWN LIKE JACKRABBIT.... /cry
Burning Legion Is Pure Crap....
Don't really feel like making a new character but I guess I'll have to.

Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:01 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 05:01 AM #615 of 1941
The patch has made the servers unstable, so don't judge anything at this point.

Most amazing jew boots
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:44 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 01:44 AM #616 of 1941
Wow.

I will be a GOD at PVP with my new spec.

Seriously. Free 1.5 second CL that guarantees a 1k crit? FUCK YES.

I wish I could be so good in PVE, though...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:46 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 08:16 PM #617 of 1941
Undead around 59-60 are swarmed around a crystal just SE of Tanaris. Drop Necrotic Runes which are soulbound. Thottbot has nothin' on this. Any ideas? =o Rep with some faction?
1.11 brings more Argent Dawn rewards from handing in these.

Hit the Scourge Invasion link from the WoW mainpage (if its up of course) and check out the rewards. (i'd give the direct link but apparently I need to post more before I can use precious url tags).

Not sure whether its worth the time, but at the moment I'd do anything to get through Revered and hit Exhalted.

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:54 AM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 08:54 AM #618 of 1941
The scourge invasion is a terrible excuse for a world event but an excellent source of Argent Dawn reputation. Get a group together and you'll rocket through the ranks.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:23 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 10:23 PM #619 of 1941
We did it in a raid yesterday, and you get 5 rep for every target you damage that dies eventually, so I was basically cursing everything.

However, still unknown is whether the shadows still drop blues when you're in a raid. We didn't get many after getting out of the 5-man groups we were in.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 05:35 PM #620 of 1941
So, a question to you folks.

I started posting in this thread after a 6-8 month Hiatus from the game. I started playing it about 1.5yrs ago but took my time then stopped. I'm back and about 1/4 through 59 on my main.

I was in the middle of making my Lionheart helmet. Only have 7 pieces of Arcanite to get and I'm done. But the problem. Prices are climbing due to this patch. Arcane crystals are used for stuff and all that. Makes it a pain.

Also, I'm getting lots of drops using the Ardent Dawn badge thingie. Particularly off my usual elementals. Every other mob drops Core of Elemental which goes for 30g/10 on the AH. I ended up with a little over 20 easily.

Folks are turning these in for quests and rep. My questions...:
1) What are the perks of Ardent Dawn rep? I'm about halfway through Honored currently. I constantly see people go frothing mad about getting rep increases with them
2) Keep selling the cores for gold? Or hold onto them and turn them in? They go to EPL at the Chapel of Light. Dunno if I should hold onto them & turn them in or sell now.

I've looked up prizes and items for recent events, but I fail to see what all the price-jacking & acclaim are all about. I'm just confused to be honest =( I never have mastered the logistics & details about this game like my brother, the walking WoWiki. Advice, folks? =o

Spoiler:
Hell, I don't even know where I head to get my Epic Mount thingamabob

How ya doing, buddy?

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:45 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 04:45 PM #621 of 1941
Quote:
1) What are the perks of Ardent Dawn rep? I'm about halfway through Honored currently. I constantly see people go frothing mad about getting rep increases with them
The people grinding the rep either want free attunement to Naxxramas or the exalted shoulder enchants or both. Also I believe you can get craftable frost resistence pieces at revered/exalted.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:49 PM Local time: Jun 21, 2006, 11:49 PM #622 of 1941
The patterns for Frost Resist gear are sold INSIDE Naxx, so unless you're in a raiding guild, there's no rush.

AD rep is allright. I suggest you look at the faction rewards page on WoW's site, so you can make a judgement.

As for the undead slaying sets, it seems that bracers drop off of rare mobs, chest comes off the shadows, and gloves are the quest reward.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 05:53 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 03:53 PM #623 of 1941
Holy fuck.

I got into Alterac Valley for the first time today, at level 51.

One of the first things I did was to help out a warrior being attacked by two Alliance.

I lightning bolted the first guy down (60 something), during which the warrior died. Granted, he was weakened by the war, but still.

Then I nearly soloed the other guy, a level 60 hunter.

The ONLY reason I died is that a 60 rogue stun-locked me, and I died before I could get out.

A level 51. Killed a 60, and nearly soloed another.

I NEVER thought I'd say this, but elemental shamans need a nerf.

The worst part is, though, that I said in the raid chat "whoa, I nearly killed this guy," and when they asked his name and I told them, they were like "nice, he's pretty good."

What I wouldn't kill to get this kind of effectiveness in PVE. =D

FELIPE NO
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 08:37 PM Local time: Jun 22, 2006, 07:37 PM #624 of 1941
Originally Posted by The_Griffin
Holy fuck.

I got into Alterac Valley for the first time today, at level 51.

One of the first things I did was to help out a warrior being attacked by two Alliance.

I lightning bolted the first guy down (60 something), during which the warrior died. Granted, he was weakened by the war, but still.

Then I nearly soloed the other guy, a level 60 hunter.

The ONLY reason I died is that a 60 rogue stun-locked me, and I died before I could get out.

A level 51. Killed a 60, and nearly soloed another.

I NEVER thought I'd say this, but elemental shamans need a nerf.

The worst part is, though, that I said in the raid chat "whoa, I nearly killed this guy," and when they asked his name and I told them, they were like "nice, he's pretty good."

What I wouldn't kill to get this kind of effectiveness in PVE. =D
No, Hunters and Mages just happen to be REALLY easy as a Shaman. Beat some 60 Warrriors, Rogues or Locks and I'll agree. Those three are always a pain, especially Rogues. In fact, with the exception of Hunters and Mages, I don't know of a class that I'd say I win against more than 60/40. I'd say I 60/40 Shadow Priests. Oh, and the Druids are a pain in the ass. Basically, if you're gonna kill them, they escape (and you WON'T catch a decent one), and if you run oom fighting them, they beat you.

Also, you must realize that Shaman abilities don't scale as well from 51-60 as the other classes do. You are currently suprisingly similar to your 60 counterpart. You're missing some gear, a LITTLE damage, and prob 500 HP/Mana.

- WraithTwo -
60 Tauren Shaman, Cho'gall

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Shifty
Wark!

Member 1495

Level 2.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:01 PM Local time: Jun 23, 2006, 12:31 PM #625 of 1941
Quote:
I've looked up prizes and items for recent events, but I fail to see what all the price-jacking & acclaim are all about. I'm just confused to be honest =( I never have mastered the logistics & details about this game like my brother, the walking WoWiki. Advice, folks? =o
AH is terrible to predict at the moment. You're not the only one.

If you want to work your way to exhalted, do some instances and start collecting the bone fragments from UD Stratholme and Scholo. Kill two birds with one stone.

Once you're at exhalted, get Grab that 18 slot bag :P You need 12 Insignias to get it. More if you are revered or lower.

Apart from that, yeah, nothing strikes me as impressive. Some nice cloth bracers but I'm working on my ZG priest gear once i get time to raid regularly again. Must ... get ... rep!

I hear that the Invasion is ending on Sunday. All the other AD quests are ongoing.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft