Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 03:56 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 03:56 PM #476 of 1941
Originally Posted by dagget
Teir 3 armor update.

Teir 3 armor doesn't drop in Naxx off of bosses, anwyay... well so-to-speak.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/news-...materials.html

You have to get the inital armor, then have it crafted at Light's Hope. Raiders are bitching that it doesn't drop now and must be crafted. Well all I have to say is QQ.

That's cause crafting is harder to get it then to just down some boss.

Raiders can go to hell.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 04:22 PM #477 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
That's cause crafting is harder to get it then to just down some boss.

Raiders can go to hell.
Exactly. They all started the whole "QQ more Casual wanted more content and they have to work for their epix"

this was stated and raiders started crying "BUT BUT BUT WE PAY 1000g REPAIRS BILLS LEARNING THESE INSTANCES AND NOW WE HAVE TO PAY MORE TO GET OUR SET?!?! WTF BLIZZARD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?"

all the non-raiders are/were having a field day with this because they're telling the raiders to QQ more and learn2play. That they shouldn't be handed "easy epix"

The only pre-req for the set quests, is that you have to be exalted with AD. So you can expect some raiders to actually try to "help" lower guildies by running them through Scholo/UD strat. Of course I imagine there will be circumstances like, "Ok I'll run you through scholo, but I get all scourgestones"

The irony in the T3 sets is just all too delicious.

I was speaking idiomatically.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 05:04 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 03:04 PM #478 of 1941
Ooooooo. Well, this is definite yay. Gonna make some NICE money crafting Arcanite as soon as I'm able. ='D

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 06:32 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 06:32 PM #479 of 1941
Exactly. They all started the whole "QQ more Casual wanted more content and they have to work for their epix"

this was stated and raiders started crying "BUT BUT BUT WE PAY 1000g REPAIRS BILLS LEARNING THESE INSTANCES AND NOW WE HAVE TO PAY MORE TO GET OUR SET?!?! WTF BLIZZARD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?"

all the non-raiders are/were having a field day with this because they're telling the raiders to QQ more and learn2play. That they shouldn't be handed "easy epix"

The only pre-req for the set quests, is that you have to be exalted with AD. So you can expect some raiders to actually try to "help" lower guildies by running them through Scholo/UD strat. Of course I imagine there will be circumstances like, "Ok I'll run you through scholo, but I get all scourgestones"

The irony in the T3 sets is just all too delicious.
Yeah, but guess what? I'm already near exalted with AD from all those nifty scholo/strat runs and as well farming stones from the fields in western plague lands. Yeah nothing like going along with a mage, druid and me and just AOE everything. I was just there to keep alliance away. We split all the stones three way.

By the way, I was reading you need Tier 2 items to get Tier 3, so yeah.

Most amazing jew boots
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 07:26 PM #480 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Yeah, but guess what? I'm already near exalted with AD from all those nifty scholo/strat runs and as well farming stones from the fields in western plague lands. Yeah nothing like going along with a mage, druid and me and just AOE everything. I was just there to keep alliance away. We split all the stones three way.

By the way, I was reading you need Tier 2 items to get Tier 3, so yeah.

er... ok? I'm nearly exalted as well with AD. One of the easiest reps to get, really. I didn't mean anything by it other than people needed to be exalted to start the quests...

Well if you need T2 before getting T3 that's fine too. I'm just saying it's funny that raiders started telling everyone to cry more when the T0.5 sets came out, now they're getting the exact same treatment and are pissed because they think they're special and don't have to.

And from what people have told me, looks like this game really is turning into EverQuest, because this is how they handled some upgrades from Temple of Veeshan? I dunno.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 09:25 PM Local time: May 30, 2006, 09:25 PM #481 of 1941
yes, I know, but I am just saying that those peoplle are stupid. They are just pissed cause now htey can't just sit there and farm items. They have to get items and then craft it.

They are just pissed that they can't just easily farm this shit.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Originally Posted by Zio
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 05:47 AM Local time: May 31, 2006, 03:47 AM #482 of 1941
The things that are required aren't even items that are hard to get (at least they shouldn't be) for guilds that would be running Naxxramas. Fuck those hardcore raiders and their bullshit.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 02:27 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 02:27 PM #483 of 1941
You know, not only that but guess what? If you complain about high repair bills, there are two things. One, get more money, it aint hard at level 60. Second, DO NOT DIE OR WIPE. And third, that's what you get for wearing epics.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Zio
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 03:16 PM #484 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
You know, not only that but guess what? If you complain about high repair bills, there are two things. One, get more money, it aint hard at level 60. Second, DO NOT DIE OR WIPE. And third, that's what you get for wearing epics.
Maaaaan. I'm all about getting upgraded, seriously. I also like playing the casual game too. But fuck if I could just find armor that rivaled Might.... I wouldn't dread repairing. I have 4 epics on. 3 pieces of might and the Breastplate of Chromatic Flight. 1 death for me = over 1g repair.

and before you axe, yes I have two seperate gears with me at all times. My Deathbone set (used for when I have to fight Gehennas and get up to 95 SR) and my FR gear.

I need to get some more DI gear made. I've got all the bars I need for myself, I just need the other mats (like fiery and lava cores) so I can get my DI helm/gloves/whatever else there is. Hopefully Thursday's run will run so smooth and quick that we down Garr and he'll drop my Helm of Might. (Unless I get lucky and we down Onyxia and I get the Wrath helm.)

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by dagget; May 31, 2006 at 03:54 PM.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 04:02 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 02:02 PM #485 of 1941
As a raider myself, those mats look very easy to get. If 200g is a lot of money for people doing Naxxramas, they have some serious problems.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 04:06 PM #486 of 1941
Originally Posted by Six Machine
As a raider myself, those mats look very easy to get. If 200g is a lot of money for people doing Naxxramas, they have some serious problems.
Yeah, the only thing that will take the time to get, are the initial timeworn armor pieces out of Naxx. The rest seem to be just cakewalk to get.

The arguement stands that they shouldn't have to pay learning bills ontop of paying for mats to craft the T3 sets. They can cry all they want to, I don't care. It just goes to show you who really wants the "easy epix".

Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 03:49 PM #487 of 1941
I disagree. Mat requirements or not, the bosses in Naxxramas are not easy. There is nothing in there that equates to "easy epix." The raiders complaining are either 1. whiners that complain about everything or 2. frusterated about paying for more things on top of expensive repair bills, high level enchants, potions, etc. I can see exactly where the people in point #2 are coming from, it just doesn't bother me personally since I have no problem farming for gold/materials. Casual players and raiders whine in equal amounts. Usually the patch's content determines which whines louder.

FELIPE NO
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 06:19 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 04:19 PM #488 of 1941
That doesn't change the fact that there are weapons and non-set pieces of armor and other gear that those bosses WILL drop, on top of the pieces needed to craft their armor. So I feel no empathy for them.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 09:46 PM #489 of 1941
Originally Posted by Six Machine
I disagree. Mat requirements or not, the bosses in Naxxramas are not easy. There is nothing in there that equates to "easy epix." The raiders complaining are either 1. whiners that complain about everything or 2. frusterated about paying for more things on top of expensive repair bills, high level enchants, potions, etc. I can see exactly where the people in point #2 are coming from, it just doesn't bother me personally since I have no problem farming for gold/materials. Casual players and raiders whine in equal amounts. Usually the patch's content determines which whines louder.

Ok, so let me see if I get this right.

For T0.5 armor, it is OK for non-raiders to be have to pay for the items to get the gear crafted, go on the quests like 45 min strat. Eat repair bills and everything just to get their armor. But when it's done to raiders, it's not ok just because they have to pay money to learn the instance and then have to pay more to get their T3 set items? Boo-fucking-hoo.

No sympathy from me on this one either, since they're still getting content most people won't get to see for a while if ever, and as Jessy stated that they're still getting non-set weapons and gear drops anyway.

Also, some of the encounters they added for the T0.5 quest aren't easy as well. Personally I haven't tried any, but I've talked to people who were geared out saying that some of the bosses are tough and aren't worth the shitty upgrade given.

Even if I were a hardcore raider, I'd still laugh at the ones bitching and moaning about this. They're actually going to have to work for this stuff by farming outside an instance and paying gold. Most guilds going into Naxx should already have more than enough going in, and if they don't then it takes what, 3-4 runs in MC to get a nice amount of Nexxus Crystals?

As far as Naxx is concerned in general, I'm willing to bet that Kel is going to have a lockout on him (or possibly a few bosses before him) to hinder some guild just zerg-rushing through the instance to be the first guild to conquer it so that they can gloat and make their e-peen swell with pride. Just like what happened with C'Thun.

btw I use the term "easy epix" meaning that they can go in whenever and get the shit that falls. I know Naxx is going to have some difficulty in it. I've seen videos from test servers. :P

edit: I'm not trying to start a fight or be like a major asshole here, I'm just trying to understand why it's ok for one way and not the other.

Last edited by dagget; May 31, 2006 at 10:08 PM.
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 31, 2006, 11:27 PM Local time: May 31, 2006, 09:27 PM #490 of 1941
Quote:
I'm just trying to understand why it's ok for one way and not the other.
I never said it was. I said I can see where the complaining raiders are coming from. You don't have to agree with someone to understand their angle.

Quote:
They're actually going to have to work for this stuff by farming outside an instance and paying gold.
I think their arguement is that they already farm for a bunch of stuff. I personally spend a lot of time farming materials or gold for the vast amount of consumables I need in BWL and AQ40. I don't really mind the extra expense tier 3 requires as I have at least 1000g on me at all times. If I can pay 600g for a Lionheart Helm I'm sure I can spare a couple hundred for a dungeon set. :P

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Six Machine; May 31, 2006 at 11:34 PM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:08 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 02:08 AM #491 of 1941
Wheee, drama and entertainment tonight.

So I was finishing up running some mid-to-high 30s and a 40 through SM Cath, when I got a tell from a rogue. Earlier today, I had run ZF with him, and we had a pretty good run... if you count us missing out on Bly because two of the members were dickheads and couldn't listen to the group leader (me) telling them to GET THE FUCK BACK HERE, and then the rogue getting pissy because a hunter from my guild out-rolled him on Jang'thraze the Protector as a good run. Granted, he had a point, but he overreacted a bit. He did calm down, though.

Aaaanyway, I agreed to go along because hey, he had a priest and I was tired of healbotting ZF. He quickly found a mage and a warrior, and we headed there.

And proceeded to wipe on the second group of mobs.

The mage had TERRIBLE aggro management. Put simply, he would spam Fireblast, and when a mob went near, he would spam CoC and THEN Frost Nova, instead of just Frost Nova and letting others beat on it so that the squishy DIDN'T DIE. The worst part was, though, was that he claimed that he knew how to play the class, because he had a 60. A few moments later, he claimed that Cone of Cold WAS NOT AN AOE.

-_-

So he left, and we four-manned it for a bit, then found a hunter. Around this time, the warrior got pissy because we had it set to master looter, with it set up so that the rogue decided rare BOPs, and we rolled on greens unless somebody needed. So the warrior, deciding to be a douche, TRIED to train a bunch of mobs, but only succeeded in getting a single troll and a few scarabs before fleeing. Somehow, despite me not wearing half of my armor because I <3 the way I look without it (Stylish Red Shirt FTW), we didn't wipe.

And then, ANOTHER rogue I know, who is one of the best god damn rogues I know, sent me a tell, saying, "Dude, were you just in a group with *warrior's name*?"

"Yeah."

"Could you tell *other rogue* that he's a douchebag and fuck off because he's whoring master looter?"

"Dude, a) he's not hoarding all the loot. We roll on greens unless we need, and we decide who gets the rare BOPs. b) The guy is a fucking terrible tank who doesn't listen to advice, such as "Use sunder armor. It gets good aggro." or "Use a sword and board. More armor = more mitigation = less damage = less heals = more priest mana = less wipe chance."

"Okay, I believe you because I know you wouldn't lie about something like this. I'll try and set the guild straight on it. Oh, and the thing about that war is that two people play him: a boy and a girl, and the girl... sucks, to be kind."

So, yeah. Much fun to be had tonight.

But hell, the entertainment and drama were well worth the 80s repair bill after we wiped on Antu'sul (at which point the priest left without a word) and we quit and I spirit rezzed.

Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 05:16 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 03:16 AM #492 of 1941
Also, some of the encounters they added for the T0.5 quest aren't easy as well. Personally I haven't tried any, but I've talked to people who were geared out saying that some of the bosses are tough and aren't worth the shitty upgrade given.
I have gone to the last boss of the .5 armor quest (Lord Valthalak in UBRS) with my girlfriend (First on the server to get full heroism), and we wiped several times before BARELY getting it. I went again a few weeks later with a very BWL geared group who brought my girlfriend and I along for experience on the encounter and we still wiped four times. That's how fucking aggravating he is. Everybody has to know their role and do it or it's fucked. Personally, I find the upgrades shitty, but that's just me.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 03:06 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 03:06 PM #493 of 1941
All I know it isn't hard to farm for mats, gold and etc.

Potions are worthless to me since I'm constantly farming herbs, pots and etc. I have a shitload of pots, filling not only the main bank screen but like five other travler's backpacks.

I have about 300 or so gold on me and plenty of mats for my +15 agil to my weaps if I ever got new ones. The other enchants are easy to buy mats for.

Originally Posted by Zio
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2006, 08:43 AM #494 of 1941
I have gone to the last boss of the .5 armor quest (Lord Valthalak in UBRS) with my girlfriend (First on the server to get full heroism), and we wiped several times before BARELY getting it. I went again a few weeks later with a very BWL geared group who brought my girlfriend and I along for experience on the encounter and we still wiped four times. That's how fucking aggravating he is. Everybody has to know their role and do it or it's fucked. Personally, I find the upgrades shitty, but that's just me.
When I leveled up on my server, I was one of the first 10 Alliance side to hit 60. At that point I had about 6/8 Shadowcraft and figured I would be waiting for a while to get my tier 1 stuff. Myself and another warrior did the .5 stuff together and finished it off within about a week. I spent a large amount of money on the items AND repair bills but it was worth it just to have. Dark Mantle looks sexy imo, and you wont see too many people with it. What I like is the boss encounters you do have some pretty awesome drops. I agree that Valtharak was harder then anything in UBRS but a well managed group can handle it.

Im too lazy to scroll up, but if anyone is complaining about the mats you need for the Tier 3 stuff...I say to them /crymore. I like the idea of making it harder to get great armor sets instead of random boss drops.

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2006, 04:44 PM #495 of 1941
yay.. finally got brut blade.. so im using viskag, and offhanding brut blade doing some nice dmg now.. lol

FELIPE NO
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:16 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2006, 10:16 PM #496 of 1941
Ran Maraudon last night for my first time. Did a full run, too. Ran with a 58 shammy, two hunters, and a mage. Surprisingly, despite the lack of a tank, we did really well. And it was fun as hell.

Truly, shamans are the king of 5-man instances. =D

All gloats aside, I have to say this: Mara CREEPS ME THE FUCK OUT. There's just something about the artwork that makes me shudder, and the creeping sludges... >_<

I'd HATE to be a rogue or warrior fighting those things.

I won a Soothsayer's Headdress off Celebras (which I equipped over my old Engineer's Guild Headpiece), so it's a big upgrade.

And YES, I'm aware that it's a fucking leather drop, but a) before I was using some green Eagle helm that gave MAYBE +7 stam/int, and IMO, the extra AC from the best mail caster helm I can get off AH, the High Bergg Helm, doesn't make up for the lost intellect. Besides, the cheapest I've seen it in AH is about 50 gold, and b) I look fucking badass in my hat. =D

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:18 PM #497 of 1941
weeeeeeeeee guild drama v.2 A week later. Apparently, it's the same shit that broke them up the first time. The people that were hardcore were pissed that the people who weren't, weren't coming to raids. At least 15 people (key people) did the ol' /gquit last night and today. I'm probably leaving and going back to my old guild. Work on the 5-10 man instances and PVP, instead of MC. If everyone comes back over, we can get enough people to start running in-guild ZG runs. MC is far stretch again, but this way of playing makes me happy. Not hearing people fucking bitch on vent about stupid shit such has people not showing up and mad that they're hardcore raiders and the rest of the guild isn't.

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:19 PM #498 of 1941
same here.. lol

I was MC the other day.. brut blade drops, nobody wants but me and another person. He gives me a tell, on what points to bid.. so we would random on it.. i joke about it, and beat him by a point. He then starts to cuss me out, has me kicked out. His fault for even telling me what points he had, and what to bid! If not for his tell, none of this would have started to begin with!

Oh btw, when I win.. everyone tells me grats on vent, and to pick it up. you sir, are a scumbag.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:47 PM #499 of 1941
Originally Posted by rpgcrazied
same here.. lol

I was MC the other day.. brut blade drops, nobody wants but me and another person. He gives me a tell, on what points to bid.. so we would random on it.. i joke about it, and beat him by a point. He then starts to cuss me out, has me kicked out. His fault for even telling me what points he had, and what to bid! If not for his tell, none of this would have started to begin with!

Oh btw, when I win.. everyone tells me grats on vent, and to pick it up. you sir, are a scumbag.

reminds me when I was on my gnome (and further why I despise DKP). Alliance guild I'm in used to do joint MC runs with another guild. They did DKP. Now upon finding out that this guild does DKP, I simply tell the guild leader to not expect me to raid MC. He's fine with it. So I'm just sitting around, trying to level when they're talking about their first in-guild MC run. Invites were starting at like 5:30. They're in and pulling by 6, when someone gets on:

Rogue: WTF? MC already started? Man that's bullshit.
RL (raid leader): yeah, sorry.
Rogue: I fucking flew home, blew off plans with my girlfriend and her parents.. just so I can raid MC tonight. now I can't.
RL: :\
Rogue: man I got screwed.

other shit gets talked about and I'm silent... then this gets said:

Rogue: are you doing DKP resets tonight?
RL: We're working that out at the moment.
Rogue: better fucking not do resets.
(I step in at this point)

Me: Why does it matter?
Rogue: because I don't want to fucking be at the bottom of the DKP shit. I want to get my gear.
Me: so you're getting pissed off because you won't be first to get gear?
Rogue: yes.
Me: and you blew off REAL LIFE PLANS to play a video game because you were scared you are going to lose DKP?
Rogue: STFU

he then gets invited to MC (probably out of pity or to make him shut up, I don't know) and then acts like nothing happened.

So I whispered the RL and asked if people usually get that pouty when they don't get in raids. He was like "yeah." so I asked if he looked into different looting rules tosee what would benefit everyone. Told me there was a vote on a few different styles, but DKP won out in the end.

What's funny is over half the people I know in the game hate DKP with a passion but end up having to deal with it because of the way end-game is set up.

Last edited by dagget; Jun 5, 2006 at 04:49 PM.
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2006, 06:04 PM #500 of 1941
guess im gonna be rolling horde soon.. must of the drama ive been in, has been alliance shit

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft