Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 05:29 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 10:29 AM #451 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Thatis all i have to say, it's not fair. >________<; No matter how hard I try, I usually have lump sums from 20-100G no matter how much I toy with the AH, farm, or go on five man runs or even solo some low level instance like Ulda cause I usually make out with a lot.
Again, just a matter of keeping your pulse on the economy.

For example, was able to buy and resell a Recipe: Flask of the Titans and an Assassin's Blade for the initial purchase price of 350G and 15G respectively.

(I like weekends)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Masanda
Warwick who?

Member 2895

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 09:33 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 08:33 AM #452 of 1941
Well after 6 months of killing Nefarian and only having one of this item drop only to have me not be there... Nef finally dropped it again.

Behold!

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51919

I cry at night over this axe. The tears, they are of joy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Aequitas
Carob Nut

Member 3450

Level 5.67

Mar 2006

Old May 27, 2006, 09:55 AM #453 of 1941
Does anyone have any advice on fast leveling? I am currently 34 but al my friends are around 50 and I want to catch up ASAP

Server: Stormscale
Name: Hiiro
Class: Druid
Level: 34 (Feral)

Server; Stormscale
Name: Aequitasver
Class: Priest (Holy)
Level: 33

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 01:19 AM Local time: May 27, 2006, 11:19 PM #454 of 1941
Originally Posted by Kaelin
Unfortunately since it sounds like Jessykins plays a rogue, the Guild leader probably wouldn't care one way or the other. If it was a priest or other highly demanded, but underplayed class, they might have a little more weight to pull.

BTW Jessykins, I'd too find another guild if I were you. That one you're in is most likely gonna fall apart, or have an uprising by folks like you who are tired of getting screwed out of loot from folks who only show up once every now and then.
You pretty much called it. If I were anybody else but one of the most disposable classes in the game, maybe I could have some leverage. But they'd sooner get some noob rogue off the streets of Orgrimmar than submit to one person's threats.

Either way, I am looking for a new guild. I am tired of this crap.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 02:10 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 02:10 AM #455 of 1941
You pretty much called it. If I were anybody else but one of the most disposable classes in the game, maybe I could have some leverage. But they'd sooner get some noob rogue off the streets of Orgrimmar than submit to one person's threats.

Either way, I am looking for a new guild. I am tired of this crap.

Actually, Jessy if you show yourself as a good rogue, guess what? High end/smart rogues are hard to find. Atleast on my server. There are barly any good rogues anymore who are smart. People are having to recruit mass rogues cause most of the guilds don't have enough DPS and etc.

Maybe it's just my server but lately it's been awesome to be a rogue.

FELIPE NO
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 02:12 AM #456 of 1941

I wouldn't take much shit either. In all honesty, if it kept being open rolls (even though I think it's a fair way, just not the fair way) I would have lost my mind. I pushed for the Suicide Kings rotation after the raid leader got involved and said if he did warrior loot, he'd make it 0/0/51 priority. (BULLSHIT)

The further you get along, the more people's greed wins out. There's a needy greed, and people being out-right dicks with it too. Every loot situations has its ups and downs.

ASIDE FROM THAT

I started playing my alliance rogue again. After nearly /gquit the guild I'm in now, because everyone would basically ignore me when I'd ask if we could do anything to help me level and get geared up (which was promised that it would happen if I were to join up, because they couldn't stand to see someone who's only trinkets were AD and Carrot on a Stick ) I got invited to a BRD run. I'm level 54 (about to hit 55) and I did better than they all thought I could have. End result, we got to go to the Room of Seven and beat it. Chest contained... Ghostshroud helm! :squeal: I is happy now. Of course this just means the first scholo I go in, the Shadowcraft helm will drop. :\

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by dagget; May 28, 2006 at 02:57 AM.
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 05:29 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 03:29 AM #457 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Actually, Jessy if you show yourself as a good rogue, guess what? High end/smart rogues are hard to find. Atleast on my server. There are barly any good rogues anymore who are smart. People are having to recruit mass rogues cause most of the guilds don't have enough DPS and etc.

Maybe it's just my server but lately it's been awesome to be a rogue.
I'm actually the new rogue class leader, but still. Just because I am a class leader, top DPS charts, and am liked by pretty much everybody in the guild, doesn't mean they'll do anything to help me out. And THAT is the worst thing about it. When I got that Gutgore taken from me on the last run, the GM's wife whispers me going "We'll get you one."

Oh? Really? How about the last three, you moron?

The thing that keeps me leaving is that I just have an emotional attachment with some of the people in the guild. A lot of them are very nice, and people that I coincidentally LEVELED with when I made my shaman over a year ago. People I pvp'd with all the way from 10-60, and got to know. I WISH I was cold enough to just ditch a guild when the loot wasn't satisfying, but I am sadly not that kind of woman.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Ekon
Carob Nut

Member 44

Level 6.34

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 08:15 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 06:15 AM #458 of 1941
Anyone able to help me identify the mods used in this interface? The only mod I ever used was cosmos around launch time but since then I've been just using the default UI and haven't ventured into WoW's interface forum at all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 09:59 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 09:59 AM #459 of 1941
Well, the top frame is Titan. I use that. It's a damn snazzy mod. As for the bottom frame which changes the UI, I haven't got a clue. But it's half-and-half.

Note: He also has Atlas but that just has a small entry on the top bar.

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 12:29 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 12:29 PM #460 of 1941
I'm actually the new rogue class leader, but still. Just because I am a class leader, top DPS charts, and am liked by pretty much everybody in the guild, doesn't mean they'll do anything to help me out. And THAT is the worst thing about it. When I got that Gutgore taken from me on the last run, the GM's wife whispers me going "We'll get you one."

Oh? Really? How about the last three, you moron?

The thing that keeps me leaving is that I just have an emotional attachment with some of the people in the guild. A lot of them are very nice, and people that I coincidentally LEVELED with when I made my shaman over a year ago. People I pvp'd with all the way from 10-60, and got to know. I WISH I was cold enough to just ditch a guild when the loot wasn't satisfying, but I am sadly not that kind of woman.
YEah but if you don't die, have top DPS, show up for the most raids you should get loot first.

My guild does it this way.

Members and above get loot first, if there is more then one then you roll for it. Anyone below members get it next but alts get loot LAST. Cause thier alts.

Loot is mostly merit as well. So in reality, some loot is given up based on going out the most.

Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 12:29 PM Local time: May 28, 2006, 12:29 PM #461 of 1941
O FUN TIMES.

I just did a Sunken Temple run with my Warrior. He was 54, hit 55 near the end of it. We killed all the trolls sealing in the boss-guy. I had three quests:
- Pick up 10 Tablets (done, for 7100xp and a relatively crappy trinket)
- Put item on Altar
- Turn statues and fight a boss

The latter two were stopped just short. The group I was with was once again filled with idiots. A priest who didn't seem to enjoy healing me, two druids who were always BOTH in tank form, and a warlock who never said a word except for "damn" when we got killed at the end.

One of these druids is quite the idiot. My brother mentioned to me while I was griping about the group while it was still underway that this druid in particular was in his old guild. And she was worthless.

We kill all the mobs slowly. Too slowly. Long breaks between groups. My last group was a little sloppy but lord were they better executed (except for the last boss in there). We killed all the trolls and the barrier to the altar room fell. We went there and after the first round of mobs, it became evident these folks had NEVER done ST before. They were attacking the ghosts and were all like "IT ISNT WORKING WTF PRIEST HEAL ME". Meanwhile, I'm off trying to stop a corpse eater from doing his job when I almost had him dead. I kill him, tell them to stay away from ghosts, as they die after a short period of time.

I was the designated puller, having throwing stars. I continue along. We get halfway through the altar room. I just need to get to the altar and quest #2 is finito. Well, halfway into it, the priest gets the BRILLIANT idea that she wants to pull.

"Stay back I'll pull"
Me: "What? Wait. No. Stay here."
"It'll be okaaaaaay :-)"
Me: "No. Get back here now.
Some other guy: "Dude, let her do it. It's not hard."

Next thing I know, she grabbed some mob who was on the OTHER side of a group. She pulls two groups of enemies. I switch out one of my sword for my backup shield and begin tanking. I summon alllll the mobs onto me and begin to bear the brunt of the whole onslaught. My priest is being pursued by a mob, and, like most idiots, she is running. Around in circles. A lot. I do thunder slam and stance dance around a little, trying to snag the mob off her so she can heal me. I can't catch it because she is running around. Hell, it was like she didn't WANT me to hit it. I told her to stay still while running and stuff, no go.

By this point, the worthless druids were dead. The warlock was spamming AOE's and snagged all the aggro I had on me, and ended up dead in a heartbeat, and that mob chasing the priest finally killed her. I end up taking down a couple of the weakened mobs, but I end up getting killed a minute or so later anyhow.

I figure "well, we can head back and salvage this. She learned her lesson". Then, the druid who I mentioned before (the one who was in my bro's guild) said "O MAN MY ARMOR IS CRAP GTG". She vanished. Other druid left without a word.

Priest: "We can still do it. That wasn't so bad."
You have left the group.

Last edited by Gechmir; May 28, 2006 at 12:35 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2006, 10:48 PM #462 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
YEah but if you don't die, have top DPS, show up for the most raids you should get loot first.

Members and above get loot first, if there is more then one then you roll for it. Anyone below members get it next but alts get loot LAST. Cause thier alts.

Loot is mostly merit as well. So in reality, some loot is given up based on going out the most.
That's basically how it's done with us as well. Even though we have class leaders, the overall rule is that Serfs aren't allowed to get MC epics (unless stated in their class rules they can). You have to be promoted to Knight to be eligable. To get promoted to knight you have to raid and help others in the guild out for like 2 weeks or something.

The SK rotation comes into play to who gets the drop and when. That way, there's no arguing over who gets what and everything like that. I think the only thing we actually roll on are Ony drops and non-class specific items, but it still works the way that if you win it, you go to the back of line in the rotation.

If we can manage to get back into the status the guild was in before, it shouldn't be long for us to go into BWL. Which I'm sooo looking forward to :P

Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 01:01 AM Local time: May 28, 2006, 10:01 PM #463 of 1941
Originally Posted by Gechmir
O FUN TIMES...

...You have left the group.
Hooray for braindead groups. Once had a similiar group in ZF, we must have wiped at least 4 times on the basilisk boss. First time it was because our deadbeat hunter ventured to close to the boss and pulled him while the rest of the group was getting ready. Second time was because no one was really ready for the basilisk spawn wave. Third time we dealt with the 1st spawns by having me AoE them but the 2nd wave nailed our healer and we fell quickly after that. Fourth and fifth time, same thing, we weren't ready for that 2nd wave healer keeps getting aggroed and the tank couldn't pull them off. Finally on the 6th try we finally beat the boss. So we move on, dealt with the zombie boss without wiping (miracle) but once we got near the temple our hunter made some really horrible pulls without letting us know before hand, and he didn't even wait for us to finish off the patrols. Well a bad pull + a patrol, GG. Party wipes, me and the druid finally decided we had enough and promptly left.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Ekon
Anyone able to help me identify the mods used in this interface? The only mod I ever used was cosmos around launch time but since then I've been just using the default UI and haven't ventured into WoW's interface forum at all.

I am not positively sure, but that might be Nurfed HUD. Don't quote me on this.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Yggdrasil; May 29, 2006 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:34 AM Local time: May 29, 2006, 02:34 AM #464 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio

I wish it was this way in our guild, but sadly it is not. It was said to me quite plainly that if a person was there to kill a boss, they are entitled to the loot. Doesn't matter if they aren't in our guild, on their first run, whatever, and THAT is a shitty system.

WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 05:02 AM Local time: May 29, 2006, 11:02 AM #465 of 1941
I have a stupid question, are there any private WOW servers that are worth recomendation?

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 09:48 AM Local time: May 29, 2006, 09:48 AM #466 of 1941
No idea, but I've a couple of buddies who play on one. I could get you in touch with 'em if you wanna give it a shot.

How ya doing, buddy?

WooshaQ
Wheel of Ka

Member 502

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 03:22 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 09:22 PM #467 of 1941
I would be grateful if you did! I'm particularry interested in the server stability, xp ratio and ping if possible.

Gechmir

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 03:30 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 03:30 PM #468 of 1941
I gave him your AIM from your profile. He'll give ya a msg if they're accepting ;D I dunno how stringent they are on accepting folks.

Dunno how many folks are on it to be honest. Might be quite small member-wise.

Zio

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 04:51 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 04:51 PM #469 of 1941
Actually the private servers are terrible. The XPs are off, the item drops are off and many other things. There are god like weapons as well that you can craft, it's hard to do but it's just terrible. I've looked a lot of them up but as well the population is total shit.

Originally Posted by Zio
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 06:29 PM Local time: May 29, 2006, 04:29 PM #470 of 1941
Originally Posted by Zio
Actually the private servers are terrible. The XPs are off, the item drops are off and many other things. There are god like weapons as well that you can craft, it's hard to do but it's just terrible. I've looked a lot of them up but as well the population is total shit.
Agreed. I heard sometime back that the highest-pop private server was around 80 people.

Consider how many RAIDING guilds there are on your average server (which have to have at LEAST half as much as the total pop of this private server), then consider how many non-raiding/endgame guilds there are, and then consider how massive the game is.

So... yeah, it's prolly better to stick with a subscription.

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 08:08 PM #471 of 1941
man.. ive missed on the BF hood twice ;p it was a costly viskag bloodletter.. hehe, hopefully i can get NS hood on friday..

FELIPE NO
Xellos
Loyal Einherjar

Member 2068

Level 20.25

Mar 2006

Old May 29, 2006, 09:05 PM #472 of 1941
Our guild killed C'thun today. Jesus what a feeling.

Too bad the loot was shit...that ring and the neck. WOW how small upgrades from what most of us already had. =(

Hopefully we'll get him on farm soon and the axe drops =)

Soldier: Prepare yourself, rebel scum!!

Arngrim : (These slipshod soldiers think they can call me "rebel scum"?)
Six Machine
Let's have activities!

Member 1127

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 05:51 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 03:51 AM #473 of 1941
My guild just got to Nefarian last night. Phase 1 is tricky

Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 06:44 AM Local time: May 30, 2006, 12:44 PM #474 of 1941
Originally Posted by Ekon

That bottom UI looks very interesting since all I've ever used is the standard WoW UI which many people seem to hate. There are just so many different mods available now for the WoW UI that I can't figure out what mod is best to use when playing in general.

Originally Posted by Zio
The problem with private servers is no one will join a server if its almost likely to go down just after accepting a certain level of players into the realm. Along with the updates that are thrown out, its amazing how Blizzard seems to be able to accomplish this with almost no problem during patch downtime.

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 30, 2006, 02:16 PM #475 of 1941
Teir 3 armor update.

Teir 3 armor doesn't drop in Naxx off of bosses, anwyay... well so-to-speak.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/news-...materials.html

You have to get the inital armor, then have it crafted at Light's Hope. Raiders are bitching that it doesn't drop now and must be crafted. Well all I have to say is QQ.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft