Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ITT we discuss why you staffers can't moderate Microsoft's Window
Closed Thread

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 08:56 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 06:56 PM #26 of 80
Vote to delete all XBOX related threads and cool.php those who post about it: Y/N

There's nowhere I can't reach.
and Brandy does her best to understand
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 08:59 PM #27 of 80
Originally Posted by NEEDSCISSORS-61
No, I am sure Dev will make a great moderator for the ten minutes before her logic modulator shorts out as a result of becoming the very thing she can't stop complaining about all the time.

Look, Tails? I was wrong, and I'm sorry.
I actually think letting her mod MW would kill two birds with one stone.

It'd make her happy (less complaining) and the Window wouldn't suck any more!

WHY DO YOU HATE SOLUTIONS, PANG

I cast your apologies to the wind cuz usk!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

#654: Braixen
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 07:59 PM #28 of 80
Well, it's a better idea than having it stagnate like it is now, and then trying to address the problem with a thread only to have it ruined with Sewers quality stuff. =\

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:00 PM #29 of 80
Y under the condition that Dev is still given a superfluous mod position for laffs

Concert Hall maybe

T TAILZ: So when I said "supported" you like went momentarily blind and didn't see it

That's cool

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by The unmovable stubborn; May 25, 2006 at 09:02 PM.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:01 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 08:01 PM #30 of 80
Mods that gain support from being in the concert hall end up like Minion and Face. We don't want that now, do we?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:02 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 07:02 PM #31 of 80
Well, look, there are two solutions. One is that one of us can moderate it, which none of us want to do. The other is to make a new moderator out of someone, which we have been discussing in the Hut. We're looking at several people and I think a decision will come sooner than you think, until then, we're stuck with the report-post-fix thing that's been going on.

FELIPE NO
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:05 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 08:05 PM #32 of 80
Sooner than I think means eventually, seeing as how long it takes you guys to come to conclusions some times.

Anyway, thank you BM. Is there any significant progress being made or is this a case where everyone has a problem with someone and the chances of any real progress being made is next to none?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:06 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 07:06 PM #33 of 80
Let's just say there is/are poll(s) in the Hut (and were before this thread).

How ya doing, buddy?
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:06 PM #34 of 80
Originally Posted by NEEDSCISSORS-61
Y under the condition that Dev is still given a superfluous mod position for laffs

Concert Hall maybe

T TAILZ: So when I said "supported" you like went momentarily blind and didn't see it

That's cool
we appreciate your support

but still suggest you take the next bus out of town

because we dont need you see

The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:08 PM #35 of 80
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
One is that one of us can moderate it, which none of us want to do.
staff policy of dismissing the idea of retired mod reenlistment =

Y TEH OLDBY HAT

BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:09 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 07:09 PM #36 of 80
I am FOR PANG.

1-0, you win!

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:10 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 08:10 PM #37 of 80
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
Let's just say there is/are poll(s) in the Hut (and were before this thread).
Then this thread basically serves as a "GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR PLEASE" notice to staff and nothing more.

Good to know though that there is legitimate discussion going on instead of the usual "BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT IT IN THE HUT" type excuses which tend to be nothing more than blanket statements used to shut us up.

So it better not be one of those or I'll continue to make a huge stink

I was speaking idiomatically.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:25 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 07:25 PM #38 of 80
Maybe if MS would make a worthwhile console we wouldn't be having this problem. >=(

(Or we could just merge MW into the computing forums, then BM and I could mod it.)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:33 PM #39 of 80
I guess its true that no mods care enough about the xbox to mod it.

Its funny though because Animespot is probably the most heavily modded forum at gff. Mod more xbox fans instead of anime ones next time :[

FELIPE NO
Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:36 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 08:36 PM #40 of 80
Cool

The problem is GFF has this huge anti-Xbox bias, and so Xbox owners are by nature a completely different crowd than anyone currently on GFF staff. So if you continue this whole "Well they have to seem like they would be a good mod overall, as well as frequent the forum," staff will never find someone that meets both those conditions and/or support them fully.

It's just a single forum we're looking at, all that matters is that they can mod that single forum. It's not like you're having them sign a lifetime contract.

I don't know if a lurker even plays Xbox, but she's the most competent person I've seen mentioned for the job thus far.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 08:43 PM #41 of 80
I tried that idea already Tube, apparently all people who moderate one forum should be good enough to moderate all the other forums.

Fuck if I know why, though. Your reasoning is pretty much foolproof, but staff does not agree. ;_;

Jam it back in, in the dark.
pompadork
-

Member 2277

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:45 PM #42 of 80
Oh shit imagine we had a plumber modding the sewers. This is pretty off topic but JUST IMAGINE it'd be pretty sweet and he'd have a sig with a wrench or something.

Anyway, besides Devo who would you guys suggest for a MW mod?

Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:53 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 12:53 PM #43 of 80
I pop in and have a look around, but hey I'm like a joke mod to begin with anyway. To me it just seems like the Halo related threads gather all the shit. It's like all the Wii related threads in the Warp Room. Except unlike the other gaming sections, the Window basically focuses on that one thing. Halo. So you get like, this massive collection of shit in one spot instead of being spread out. Like burning one ant with a magnifying glass instead of pouring petrol and lighting a match to burn down an entire suburb.

Tube
Modenator

Member 88

Level 16.94

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 08:57 PM #44 of 80
I think the problem with that is if people create a thread about some Halo news, they'll just get slammed by someone saying "WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT THIS IN THE ALREADY EXISTING HALO THREAD". But I think that since 80% of the forum's posts are Halo-related, separate threads about Halo stuff should be allowed. It would make it easier to take care of retarded tangents at least, and actually give posters topics to reply to instead of just one general Halo discussion.

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 10:14 PM #45 of 80
Originally Posted by Colonel Skills
So it better not be one of those or I'll continue to make a huge stink
Please shower again.

I support both Devo and Pang as mods. I guess I'm a dick, though.

Double Post:
Originally Posted by Tube
I don't know if a lurker even plays Xbox, but she's the most competent person I've seen mentioned for the job thus far.
WTF

I don't even own a current-gen console.

Thanks for the props though

Double Post:
I tried that idea already Tube, apparently all people who moderate one forum should be good enough to moderate all the other forums.

Fuck if I know why, though. Your reasoning is pretty much foolproof, but staff does not agree. ;_;
The idea is, if the person is willing to mod one place but isn't good enough to mod everywhere else, then what right do they have to be a mod to begin with? It's not fair to the folks who are good enough to mod everywhere.

Also, since staff has to answer for this person's actions (I guess mods don't like pointing fingers at each other publically or demodding folks that don't work out) they want someone they can trust to be competent, which usually means being good enough to mod any forum.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Sarag; May 25, 2006 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged additional post.
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 11:48 PM Local time: May 25, 2006, 09:48 PM #46 of 80
In regards to OP: endless battle, nebulous opponent, etc.

How ya doing, buddy?
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 11:54 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 05:54 AM #47 of 80
And I don't want any shit excuses like the ones we got recently from Mush or Face that are along the lines of "It isn't a big deal" or "There isn't even a problem in there". Thanks.
Wait, what? How did I even get dragged into this shit? And when the fuck did I say anything like that?

As Mikey said, we're working on it. The issue was brought up six days ago and resulted in two threads, one of which has 108 replies (more than any other thread in the Hut since the restart). Most active mods took part in the discussions and voted on the polls. I'm sorry if we gave you the impression that we didn't give a damn, but believe me, this thread is only breaking down open doors.

Oh, and don't compare me with Minion as a mod. I'm not the one who vanished saying I "don't give a shit". And since you guys insist on bringing up the Concert Hall, bear in mind it's only second to Community Commons in terms of actvitiy, and gets about ten times as much traffic as MW does. I'm sure you'd fully appreciate how "superfluous" the modding is in there if I suddenly decided I don't give a damn either.

FELIPE NO

[ recordings |videos| blog ]
[ 18:14:09 ] [ +Garr ] Setting up form unreal troanmetn
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 01:49 AM Local time: May 26, 2006, 01:49 AM #48 of 80
Wow, I get home from work and finally see a thread worth posting, not so much with the Window fiasco that has been going on basically ever since policenauts left.

Tails and I were the only ones back then to give a shit it seemed and now some other members have taken a liking the company and its games, so something MAY be done this time. Good. It can only get better if a new mod is appointed as is being discussed. I can't say who I would appoint, but the ones mentioned by Skills could do well. Its not up to me though, of course. =D

Oh and this is BZ(Bahamut Zero) by the way, since you can't tell by my Name, but the sig I suppose.

Last edited by Grundlefield Earth; May 26, 2006 at 01:55 AM.
The unmovable stubborn
(Feeling Inspired)

Member 1512

Level 62.24

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 03:29 PM #49 of 80
Originally Posted by a lurker
I don't even own a current-gen console.
But Pang owns a Gamecube! Pang is obviously more qualified, therefore, for this lofty and important position.

Also, I played Halo, like, all the way to the end! I enjoyed playing that game and also I bought it legitimately! I am therefore qualified to mod a forum about Halo. For example, if someone made a thread in Microsoft's Halo about, say, drain cleaner, I'd know it didn't belong there, because there's no drain cleaner in Halo!

Pang feels Gearbox has received an unfair amount of the blame for Halo's clumsy PC port, which was still very enjoyable! Pang has significant and varied opinions on many Halo-related subjects! Pang doesn't know why everyone is so hostile to his declared candidacy! Pang suspects it has something to do with being an honest cop who isn't on the take!

Pang feels sad when people are mean to him!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 03:32 PM #50 of 80
I own an Xbox! 2 of them, in fact! Clearly I am more qualified than Pang because I actually own ALL THREE next gen consoles!

Come on now, lets be serious Pang. You're the last guy we need to fix this problem, get over it and move on.

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > ITT we discuss why you staffers can't moderate Microsoft's Window