Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:54 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 11:54 PM #451 of 496
I just remembered something: Where the hell is Graham? Nothing happened to him at all in the end. Hell, Logan is the only person who even knows of his existence as far as we know. That pretty much guarantees he's gonna have to come back during some point in the series, unless they just made the most pointless villain in 24 history. They could made some kind of huge twist with him at the end, like maybe one of the good guys was working with him the whole time or something. Anything instead of just plain ignoring him.

Originally Posted by icarus
I was kinda pissed that the "preview" at the end showed nothing but a recap of what we already saw, and a big "ANOTHER HOUR BEGINS IN JANUARY 2007!" C'mon FOX! Gimme something to salivate over other than mere words. ;_;
To be fair, they never said it was gonna be anything new, it just said a special look, or something like that. But, since they haven't even started filming yet, it not like there was anything new they could show anyway.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:14 AM Local time: May 22, 2006, 10:14 PM #452 of 496
Yeah I know.. but... can't they show like.. SOMETHING? Like storyboards? Or... some concept drawings?? MS PAINT SKETCHES AT LEAST?! GIVE ME SOMETHING DAMNIT!

;____________;

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 10:52 AM #453 of 496
The only thing I know about the 24 movie (if this helps anyone in their "waiting" pains) is the hint that it'll be filmed in London.

I think someone might have even posted this info a while back in this thread.

As for next season, I'm really hoping that it'll be Jack alone in China with everyone else in CTU helping him get back. We need to get the fuck out of L.A., it's been the most dangerous city to live in for the past decade in their world.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by JazzFlight; May 23, 2006 at 10:58 AM.
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 12:49 PM #454 of 496
With Kim Raver leaving to do a new show, there might be a whole new cast of supporting characters to help get Jack back. The Chinese guy said jack was too valuable...to who? The administration has been more than willing to write jack off before, i don't see the vice president as being a huge fan of jack, so I wonder what the Chinese guy meant? Maybe Jack returns as some sort of Manchurian candidate type of guy...after the evil communist brainwashing.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:03 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 12:03 PM #455 of 496
Originally Posted by Wesker
The Chinese guy said jack was too valuable...to who? The administration has been more than willing to write jack off before, i don't see the vice president as being a huge fan of jack, so I wonder what the Chinese guy meant?
Well, that goes back to the same reason last year why Walt Cummings wanted to kill Jack off in the first place. He said that Jack knew too many government secrets or something like that, and that even he would crack eventually. So the Chinese most likely want to get some of these secrets from Jack, which I assume is what the meant by saying he was too valuable.

How ya doing, buddy?
NaklsonofNakkl
Th3 0m3n

Member 6922

Level 10.17

May 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 10:09 AM #456 of 496
To me i think that China made a big mistake of bringing him to China.
What is going to happen is, he is going to get free somehow, realize he is in China and hide for a few episodes (hours) and then China will kidnapp someone Jack is close to and maybe kill them. After that Jack will turn into a human version of the incredible hulk and start to just kill everyone, Chinese guy on a bike? GONE! Woman waiting in traffic? DEAD! Chinese man sneezing on street...WTF? it will just be a whole season of massaures until he finally gets to the main Chinese man who brought him there and hold a gun to his head and then the camera looks from the Chinese man's POV and shows China all in ruins and on fire and then Jack looks at the man and says "This is the one thing you will forget!" and then pistol slaps him and the season ends with Jack rising the same boat back to L.A.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Come, Dance the Dance of Love!
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:19 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 11:19 AM #457 of 496
Originally Posted by BlueMikey
Eh, it doesn't really matter. Logan told his little consortium (I have a huge feeling they'll be around next season, for what, who knows) that Henderson was found dead at the scene. He couldn't have known that Jack killed him.
Yeah, but if he just got blasted in the legs he might be able to sneak off somehow (it's not like he hasn't come back from the dead before) to reappear in the next season.

Not likely, but it still might be kinda cool. =\

And Jazz, I agree they need to get out of LA. I'm getting worried about living there over the summer.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
AC1
BITCHES LOVE SMILEY FACES

Member 2165

Level 8.51

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 01:27 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 12:27 PM #458 of 496
Originally Posted by Wesker
The Chinese guy said jack was too valuable...to who?
The Germans?!?! Remember that agent who got screwed by Jack earlier?

I await the return of The Beard™ from Jack next season.

Plus, Aaron is finally going to show Martha why 24 doesn't compute into seconds

Finally, for those whining about that excuse for a Season 6 preview, where were you last season? Same thing happened.

Season 2>5>4>1>3 IMO

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 02:18 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 03:18 PM #459 of 496
"You don't know me" -Jack

My brother just suggested to me that maybe season 6 will take place the day after season 5. Why does 24 always have to have their seasons several months apart, why not one right after the other? The 24 craziness would never end!

[ MOBIUS ]
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 03:32 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 02:32 PM #460 of 496
Originally Posted by Mobius One
My brother just suggested to me that maybe season 6 will take place the day after season 5. Why does 24 always have to have their seasons several months apart, why not one right after the other? The 24 craziness would never end!
I think the thing is that it wouldn't be too believable. I mean, the majority of these people just went through an entire 24-hour day, and you expect to have that happen again immediately? When do these people sleep and eat (I don't really buy the commercial excuse for when they eat, since a lot of the time they usually set things up so that they are already doing something during the commercial)? I could buy maybe a week or so after the previous day, but the next day just wouldn't work, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by AC1
Season 2>5>4>1>3 IMO
Not to start a debate or anything, but season 2 seemed pretty weak overall to me. It had its moments (mainly Nina's return), but it's far from being the best season to me. I guess I should give my order.

1>3>4>2>5

Season 1 will probably always be my favorite. Everything just worked right (like the writers knew from the beginning what the overall plan was), the threat was personal, and it still has the best season finale of them all (how is Jack owning the Drazens, everyone finding out Nina is the mole, and Teri getting killed not constitute the best finale so far). I personally think that no other season has or ever will surpass it, but that' just me.

I know a lot of people seem to hate season 3, but I never really understood why. I think Chase was a great addition, Kim stopped having totally stupid plots, and it just had a lot of surprising moments that worked out great. People probably didn't like the amount of deaths (Nina, Chappelle, Sherri, etc.), but I think they at least worked more in the context of the season than those of season 5. Overall, it just had the most different feel than the seasons before it, while still retaining most of what made them good.

Season 4, while probably having the biggest season to season change, still managed to pull everything together by the halfway point and turn it into a great season. One of the different things that I thought worked really well was the change in villains and threats. All the other seasons had one main threat with a different progression of villains, but this one had (for the most part) one main villain with a different progression of threats. I enjoyed that, and all the other usual surprises, for the most part.

Back to season 2, just like I said above, it had its moments, but seems pretty weak overall. The main memorable things were the bombing of CTU, Nina coming back, and Mason's death. Other than that though, everything else seems kinda average. Not to say that this is bad or anyhting, but most of the other seasons manage to surpass it, in my opinion.

Season 5 was definitely the weakest so far, though. This season didn't seem very focused at all. I mean, the only real threats (the attack at the airport, the nerve gas, and the missles from the sub) didn't even seem that serious compared to those of the other seasons. Not only that, but with the exception of the nerve gas, the threats only lasted like two episodes each, which is kind of lame. I'll give props to some of the characters, but this season as a whole was definitely pretty weak overall, and that's why it's my least favorite out of all of them.

These are all just my opinions, though.

How ya doing, buddy?
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 07:14 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 06:14 PM #461 of 496
Overall I was quite pleased with it. I mean, yeah it wasn't great but it got the job done. I was actually quite surprised with how quickly they wrapped up the sub fiasco. About 20 minutes in, I turned to my girlfriend and asked her "what the hell are they going to do for an hour and forty minutes?".

The bugging of Logan was seen a mile away, but I'll admit the kidnapping of Jack got me by surprise. Expected the Chinese to be a problem eventually, but to find out Jack is alive, get some agents over to the states, and organize a kidnapping at a place that Jack didn't even know he was going to be in less than 24 hours was a little ridiculous.

Originally Posted by BlueMikey
A movie version of 24? I don't think I could go to a theater for an entire day.
They've said that if they do make a 24 movie, it probably won't take place in real time. Which personally, I think is a fucking bad move. Obviously they can't make a 24 hour movie, but they could atleast make a 2/3 hour movie take place in real time. Ah well, any Bauer is good Bauer.

"You don't know me" -Jack

This is what I was thinking. If not the day after, then maybe a week or so. I'm not sure that they'd keep Jack in China being tortured for 18 months before someone mounts a rescue attempt on a random tuesday.

Also, I was very very disappointed with the "You don't know me" line. He should have told Logan "If you don't think I'll kill you, then you don't know Jack". It writes it's fucking self!

I was speaking idiomatically.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 07:29 PM #462 of 496
Originally Posted by acid
Also, I was very very disappointed with the "You don't know me" line. He should have told Logan "If you don't think I'll kill you, then you don't know Jack". It writes it's fucking self!
I totally called that right after Jack said it.

He really should have said that line, it would have been in the 24 hall of fame forever.

Tomzilla
Critically Insane

Member 2968

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 07:47 PM Local time: May 23, 2006, 05:47 PM #463 of 496
In regards to the overall disappointment to Season 5, I believe the main reason people are finding it inferior to the rest of the series is because of the lack of a serious crisis. I mean, in the previous seasons, Jack had to save the country from multiple nuclear incidents. While in this season, the imminent threat posed by the terrorists came in the form of nerve gas and potent, non-nuclear missiles.

To me, this season concerned mainly the characters, not the national threat. In this season, we received shock value, while experiencing not only the loss of memorable characters but also threats that weren't massive on a city-scale. Instead, the threats were mainly targeting people we could cling to. When the nerve gas was involved, we actually saw the people that were going to die. At times, we also cared about them. Psychologically, when we see likeable characters perish, our minds start predicting the future, a future involving more people dying - people we care about; however, when we compare it to a nuclear explosion, the death toll becomes a statistic, nothing more.

I don't believe Season 5 is the best season. I do, however, see it as an admirable addition to the ever growing series. What sucks is we have to wait eight-months for the next season. Until then, let the speculations circulate and spread.

FELIPE NO
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2006, 11:06 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 12:06 AM #464 of 496
Wasn't a traitorous President a threat in itself? If Logan were allowed to remain in office he would've continued to fail at executing half-assed plans which involved giving terrorists WMDs.

[ MOBIUS ]
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 12:06 AM Local time: May 23, 2006, 10:06 PM #465 of 496
Yeah, even though the actual deathcounts involved for this season might not have been massive (though I like how they mentioned San Francisco as a target while on the submarine so LJ wouldn't feel lonely (San Diego is safe, apparently)), having a president that plots for the assassination of both another president, and is willing to assist in the assassination in the leader of the Russian government is a pretty huge thing. Logan actually came across to me as the main badguy this season, what with all of the bad shit he was willing to do in order to cover his own ass.

Most amazing jew boots
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:46 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 03:46 AM #466 of 496
Next season can't come fast enough. Food for thought: just because the ship said "Shangai" on it doesn't mean it's actually headed there. Is there a soundtrack for season 5 that will be coming out?

Here's something very strange. A screen shot of the back of the picture of Edgar and Chloe at the end reveals some text written backwards. It says "Jack is DEAD" and "Phone" with a number written on it:

If interpereted correctly, I believe the number is 310-597-3781. Somone call the number!

Also, IGN has 24 reasons to love season 5. Some of these things I agree with, others are just plain silly. Can you find what's wrong with this list?

http://tv.ign.com/articles/709/709798p1.html

[ MOBIUS ]

Last edited by Mobius One; May 24, 2006 at 03:20 AM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 04:29 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 03:29 AM #467 of 496
If interpereted correctly, I believe the number is 310-597-3781. Somone call the number!
I didn't call the number, but I'm pretty sure that's the 24 fan phone that they made last season. But now that the season is over, I doubt anyone will actually be there to answer it.

Nice find with that picture, though!

Quote:
Also, IGN has 24 reasons to love season 5. Some of these things I agree with, others are just plain silly. Can you find what's wrong with this list?

http://tv.ign.com/articles/709/709798p1.html
You mean other than the fact that IGN made it?

But seriously, the only thing I could find wrong was on #7. Didn't they say the attack only killed off 40% of CTU staff? I could be wrong (it is four in the morning here), but that's what I remember hearing.

gaming
River Chocobo

Member 360

Level 25.07

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 08:59 AM #468 of 496
What about Chinese CTU and Interpolice? Might be in season 6.
Or better, the Russian CTU/KGB helps the americans because they saved their president. Russia is close to China, easy to get in.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Tyr
Carob Nut

Member 852

Level 6.41

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 02:47 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 12:47 PM #469 of 496
I agree with most who saw how the President would go down. Jack simply wouldn't just give up and surrender unless he felt he would incriminate himself later. All in all it was very suspenseful. Might not have had the insane action we've seen in the past but the psychological drama was well acted.

Didn't the President say to his Patriot syndicate that Jack would be "dealt" with. Its possible he might have contacted the Chinese Governement to Jacks location in return for some political concessions and sold him out. Either way it will be fun seeing how they spin this into next year. Be cool as hell to see the Chinese brainwash him into working for them and used against the US. Lots of possiblities.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 03:05 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 03:05 PM #470 of 496
1>2>5 or 3>4 (probably 5 over 3. Very close to call)

This is the clear order. I am not going to go into details, but nonetheless.

Anyway, season finale was good, but I do agree with you all that it wasn't the greatest finale. Season 5 had the potential to be one of the best seasons, but it started losing steam around the halfway point.

Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 09:32 PM Local time: May 24, 2006, 08:32 PM #471 of 496
Hahah. My mom got too excited and fainted during the season finale of this show. My dad had to take her to the emergency room. ^_^

FELIPE NO

Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old May 24, 2006, 09:46 PM #472 of 496
^ That's just scary... to be so emotionally involved in a TV show. o_O I mean, it's Jack fucking Bauer, yeah, but fainting over him?...

.... Who am I kidding, I understand perfectly.

Seriously, regarding the IGN list, the part I found wrong was this:
Quote:
the Chinese folks he so righteously pissed off
Righteously? If I remember clearly, it was all a big misunderstanding. Not Jack being righteous about anything...

dusk
with our faces pressed together

Member 7273

Level 7.53

May 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:19 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 09:19 PM #473 of 496
I always thought the Chinese guards were killed by friendly fire from their own comrades. Am I right or wrong?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 12:32 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 10:32 PM #474 of 496
You're right, but since Jack wasn't supposed to be there in the first place there's no way he can dispute the charge.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old May 25, 2006, 01:03 AM Local time: May 24, 2006, 11:03 PM #475 of 496
Originally Posted by Max Biggs
Hahah. My mom got too excited and fainted during the season finale of this show. My dad had to take her to the emergency room. ^_^
Meh, I've risked my life several times this semester just to get back in time to watch 24.

Man... I used to look forward to Mondays. Now they have nothing really going for them now until next year. :/

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion