Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: What do you think of this show?
Love It 9 81.82%
Hate It 2 18.18%
Have never seen it 0 0%
What are you talking about? 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

[Movie] It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:26 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2010, 01:26 PM #1 of 9
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Why hasn't anyone made a thread for possibly the best written sitcom in the last 10 years?

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia follows the lives and crimes of "The Gang": 'Mac', a childish and confrontational 20-something who spends most of his time preening and trying to impress pretty much anyone who'll pay attention to him, played by Rob McElhenny, 'Deandra Reynolds', A shunned and often single female, sister to Dennis Reynolds, who is a wannabe actress desparately clinging to the dream of one day making it big (AKA Dee, AKA Sweet Dee, AKA Giant Bird), played by Kaitlin Olson, 'Charlie Kelley', the scapegoat used by the rest of the gang when something goes unavoidably wrong, also lacking any sort of basic education, played by Charlie Day, 'Dennis Reynolds', a narcissistic wannabe male model who thinks the world of himself and is always quick to boast about his sexual exploits and know-how, played by Glenn Howerton, and last but not least, 'Frank Reynolds', father to Dennis and Dee and owner of Paddy's Pub, played by none other than Danny DeVito.

The Gang is a group of self-centered friends who run Paddy's Pub, a relatively unsuccessful Irish bar in South Philadelphia. Throughout the series, The Gang gets involved in countless ridiculous situations, with the titles of the episodes usually prefacing the plot or the specific situation, such as: "Sweet Dee Has A Heart Attack", "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life", "The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition", and "Charlie Goes America All Over Everybody's Ass" . These happenings can range from the stupid to the extravagant, and a lot of the time, the illegal.

So, anyone on GFF a fan of this show? what are some of your favorite episodes? Favorite characters? Most relatable characters/situations? I love every minute of it. Each and every episode has got as much humor as the last, with very few 'misses' (in my opinion), and even in those instances there's usually something everyone can enjoy.

Discussion time!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:32 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2010, 01:32 PM #2 of 9
YouTube Video

There's nowhere I can't reach.
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:36 PM #3 of 9
How is Hate It an option? Who would actually hate a show this awesome.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:41 PM Local time: Jun 18, 2010, 03:41 PM #4 of 9
How is Hate It an option? Who would actually hate a show this awesome.
It's an option because people have a little something called free will, and can like, dislike, and hate anything they want. Although I do agree with the idea that it would be hard to figure out why anyone would hate this show.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BucPride
HOLYSHITHEISSHORT

Member 172

Level 16.43

Mar 2006

Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:45 AM #5 of 9
Indeed, I find it hard to believe that someone could really hate the show, but of course, everyone has their own preference in comedy.

This is my favorite show on television. Ever since my brother let me borrow season one on DVD, I've absolutely loved it. Terrible, terrible people doing things that get progressively more horrible, season after season. I particularly liked the D.E.N.N.I.S System episode in the last season the most, with Dennis showing how he coerces women into bed.

If you haven't watched it yet, you're missing out. The cast hits on just about every note and really pulls off the very vulgar, off-color comedy that really makes you laugh. And, as you said Shiny, it gets far better each episode.

How ya doing, buddy?
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:33 AM Local time: Jun 23, 2010, 07:33 AM #6 of 9
Hey Shiny/Miles-Rob

When I lived with my ex-roommate, we would watch the show constantly. I think we went through 3 seasons of it in less than a week actually. We, or I, just couldn't stop watching it. So many classic moments on the show, it's one of the few shows that keep me laughing the entire time it's on.

However, although it's a great show, my favorites would have to be 'How I met your Mother' and 'The Big Bang Theory' when it comes to sitcoms.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Hi, My Name Is Hito
A slime draws near!

Member 304

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:11 AM #7 of 9
I like the show quite a bit, however, the last two seasons have felt less and less like how the show used to be. It seems like it's starting to lean more toward being noisy and gross than actually clever. Still though, a lot of the episodes are pretty fantastic. The one with Dee trying to become a surrogate is one of my favorite in the series.

FELIPE NO
Shiny McShine
Well, heilo there!

Member 460

Level 13.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:45 AM Local time: Jun 24, 2010, 09:45 AM #8 of 9
The one with Dee trying to become a surrogate is one of my favorite in the series.
Mine as well.

I agree that the show is taking a different comedic direction, however I feel that it still hits on every note. From Season 1 until now, with certain plot and character developments, such as Frank moving in with Charlie, it's leaned a bit more towards the shocking, vulgar side than the really in depth, clever comedy it strated out with. But don't take my statement as broad. It's still just as good.

The element I'm most happy about is that all of the characters on the show continue to play just as important a role as they did from the very beginning. We all know that after shows (especially sitcoms) have a few seasons, fans develop favorites and lesser characters get pushed aside for the more popular ones. Not so with this show, and I think it's due largely in part to them holding the same importance to each other as they did from the very beginning which, easily enough for the writers, is almost nothing.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:28 AM #9 of 9
I have not yet seen it, but I've heard fantastic things from a few people. Seeing this thread has definitely reinforced my want to see it. Maybe I'll go check it out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia