Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Milk: Does a body politic good

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:33 AM Local time: Nov 22, 2008, 12:33 AM 1 #1 of 6
Milk: Does a body politic good

YouTube Video

Film about California's first openly gay elected official. I won't spoil the ending with history so :shh: it's a secret. It'll have wide release on December 5th.

100% on Rotten Tomatoes as of the time of this post.

Additional Spam:
MILK GET!

The Times of Harvey Milk is on youtube, and it's a really good documentary you should watch.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Bradylama; Nov 22, 2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:59 PM #2 of 6
For what it's worth, thanks for bringing this up. I watched the documentary, and I'm looking forward to the movie now. It's helpful to remember how much of my life I really shouldn't take for granted.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:06 AM Local time: Nov 23, 2008, 10:06 PM #3 of 6
I had heard of this coming up because, ever since Into The Wild, I like to keep up with Sean Penn's projects. I never really knew of Harvey Milk until then but I'm actually really looking forward to this film.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:17 AM Local time: Nov 24, 2008, 02:17 PM #4 of 6
Looks interesting. Seems like Gus Van Sant's toned himself down a bit, which will make the film easier to digest (the last film of his I saw was Elephant, and I left confused and angry).

At the very least, it looks to be new territory for James Franco, an actor whose body of work I've always been impressed by (except maybe Spiderman).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:03 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2008, 10:03 PM #5 of 6
Update: The Times of Harvey Milk was taken down on youtube by New Yorker Films which probably mean they're going to put it back into print in anticipation of the movie, so keep a look out for it. You can put on your shelf and your friends will be like, "Oh what's that a film about the dairy industry?" And you'll be like, "Naw bro it's a documentary about California's first openly gay elected official no big deal, really. "

I was speaking idiomatically.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2008, 01:21 AM Local time: Dec 24, 2008, 01:21 AM #6 of 6
Just saw Milk tonight. Was really a greatly inspirational film. Penn was, as usual, amazing in his role...although at times I had to kind of cringe at the similarities he showed between this performance and some of the nuances of his performance in "I Am Sam."

Overall, lots of great performances all around, from Penn to Franco to Hirsch. This movie is sad, but you know what to expect...and it doesn't end on a horrible note (a-la "Boys Don't Cry," so it's still inspriational in it's messaging).

It's a little creepy, the parallels of Proposition 6, taking place 30 years ago, and the current status of Proposition 8. I guess it's easy for one to argue the differences in scope between simple human rights and the redefinition of "marriage," but I think this is a greatly inspirational piece regarding gay rights and human rights in general.

If you have a chance to see this, definitely do. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > Milk: Does a body politic good