Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] "Villains" - Heroes Season 3 Thread

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2008, 08:45 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2008, 03:45 PM #26 of 132
I'd like to see more of Adam Monroe, a.k.a. Kensei Takezo. I hope someone digs him up or he breaks out somehow. I've always liked the "Fallen Hero" type characters.
Well, he was in Angela's dream in one of the two opening episodes, after the images of slaughter of the (good?) guys.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2008, 03:06 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2008, 08:06 PM 1 #27 of 132
I'm still not into Heroes, I never really have been, but I continue watching.

Am I the only one who thinks Kristen Bell looks the spitting image of the new Speed Woman hero. I was convinced they were the same actress/character until my friend IMDB'd it. He denies they look at all similar but to me they are practically identical!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2008, 09:42 PM #28 of 132
Tonight's episode was good, but it had quite a few holes and things that just bugged me in general.

Spoiler:
I was glad to see Claire finally give up the whole "I just want to be normal" spiel, but then one minor dose of pain to show her what she'd be up against and she decides to run off alone? Her character seems destined to be annoying no matter what path she takes. God help us if she hooks up with the flying boy again to fight crime.

African Man has the most depressing power ever. He can see the future, but only for some random cop on the other side of the world who leads a miserable life and hates himself. He works as a plot device, but the rest of his life must have been really boring and difficult to explain to the other villagers.

And of course, capturing Hiro and Ando seems more than a little pointless. Unless the Haitian is appointed to permanent guard duty they can leave whenever they want. At least Ando got the best line so far, though.

"What are doing?!"
"I'm being awesome!"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:09 PM #29 of 132
I'll say something here because I had something here originally to move the spoiler, then I put it somewhere else.

Originally Posted by Tritoch
Spoiler:
I was glad to see Claire finally give up the whole "I just want to be normal" spiel, but then one minor dose of pain to show her what she'd be up against and she decides to run off alone? Her character seems destined to be annoying no matter what path she takes. God help us if she hooks up with the flying boy again to fight crime.
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure Claire was set to take off no matter what, and the incident in the shipping container only strengthened her resolve. My problem with that was the implausiblilty of one or two flames sucking out all the oxygen in that short amount of time. It just didn't make sense.

The other thing that bothered me was why the company sent the Haitian, alone, to protect the formula. Sure he nullifies powers, but as events showed, it's pretty easy to take him out with a blow to the head or a bullet.

In spite of the flaws, I thought this episode was worlds better than last week. Lack of Indian Spiderman helped. Some very interesting new powers in this episode, though it doesn't look like we'll get to see them again anytime soon.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2008, 10:45 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2008, 09:45 PM #30 of 132
Do we seriously need to use spoilers when discussing stuff that already aired? I mean, if everyone is reading spoilers as normal, what happens when someone needs to post an actual spoiler? Just saying.

Anyway, I thought the episode was pretty good for the most part, but I'm kinda pissed that they killed off The German. I thought he was the most interesting of the villains they introduced this season so far, but it seems they've set up this Knox guy as being the most important. Oh well.

So far all the storylines seem good this season except for Parkman and Mohinder. Parkman's just seems so random and pointless at the moment, and Mohinder...yeah. Let's just say that this episode was probably so awesome because he wasn't in it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2008, 08:45 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2008, 03:45 PM #31 of 132
Do we seriously need to use spoilers when discussing stuff that already aired?
I'd appreciate such, and I think so would many others. I can't view the show until the next day/night, because I don't live in Amerikkka. Having spoiler tags doesn't really help, since the spoilage is still on the front page of GFF in the 5 recent posts IF I happen to catch it. I try to avoid the threads of story-based series like Heroes and Lost and try and filter their posts in the front page but it's kind of hard.

No one can do anything about this? I can't bother myself enough to make a suggestion in the board development section, though. I don't really care about being spoiled, but I'd rather live without it.

FELIPE NO
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2008, 09:15 AM Local time: Sep 30, 2008, 08:15 AM #32 of 132
You could just hide the 5 recent posts section by clicking the double up arrows in the corner of its box.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 02:05 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 02:05 PM #33 of 132
SPOILER: YOU WILL ATTAIN 'THE HUNGER' IF YOU BEND TWO GEARS IN A WATCH BACK INTO PLACE.

...they should have really elaborated on that, or at least stretched that out more than 5 seconds. If you can fix a watch you can understand anything. Right.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 02:17 PM #34 of 132
Apparently they've all just decided that plans are too much work this season.

Spoiler:
"Hey guys, let's go attack Past Peter while he's hanging out with Sylar. No need to bring anyone with actual fighting strength!"

Not saying the other side in that fight was any brighter, since the whole fight could've been easily avoided if either one of them had just stopped time for a minute. They put more effort into fighting normal guards back in season 1 than they are against other people with abilities.

And then there are the plans they do bother to have, but make no sense. Digging up Adam couldn't be a good idea in any conceivable way.

Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 02:20 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 09:20 PM #35 of 132
SPOILER: YOU WILL ATTAIN 'THE HUNGER' IF YOU BEND TWO GEARS IN A WATCH BACK INTO PLACE.

...they should have really elaborated on that, or at least stretched that out more than 5 seconds. If you can fix a watch you can understand anything. Right.
His ability was described quite well in that one episode that showed the death of his maternal figure. Something just... clicked inside him. ;) (Talking about Sylar, of course)

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 03:06 PM #36 of 132
Last night's episode was chock full of holes.

Sylar and Peter already have similar powers, but I assume Peter needs Sylar's power because it actually robs the victim of their ability, as opposed to just copying it. Still, isn't there an easier way of defeating this nameless foe (killing them, using the Haitian, etc.)?

This is a middling complaint, but there was a scene where Suresh puts down his recorder, and we see it get dusty in the same spot as 4 years passes. This would work, except later we see Suresh using the recorder, which means he picked it up, and the time lapse shot didn't actually happen.

Also, the healing ability seems inconsistent. It had been previously established that if there was something in a person's body as the cause of death, the person couldn't heal until that was removed (when the date-rape guy killed Claire in S1, she didn't wake up until the foreign body was removed). This season, Sylar was shot, and he seemed to eject the bullets from himself without assistance (granted, this could have been some other power of his, but he was dead, so no powers). Last night, Future Peter lay "dead" on the table. At first, I assumed the Haitian was inhibiting him, but then present Peter used his powers on Nathan, so that couldn't have been it.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 03:11 PM #37 of 132
The difference with the healing was that Claire's stick wound and Peter's glass shard from S1 were in their brains, thus preventing the healing. Sylar was only shot in the chest this season so the healing forced the bullets out. Of course, this doesn't explain how a few shots to the chest managed to seemingly kill Future Peter for real, even after the Haitian had gone out of range.

Most amazing jew boots
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 03:22 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 02:22 PM #38 of 132
I'm still wondering why Future Peter has a scar, when he can regen. None of this shit makes sense, and the more I watch it, the more I am inclined to believe that it isn't supposed to make sense. People are time traveling and seeing the future every five seconds, so virtually no event in the entire series is actually important, because the writers can just nullify it with time travel. Apparently no one can die either, as they'll just come back as somebody's twin. I just watch to see what convoluted, silly thing they throw out there next.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 03:25 PM #39 of 132
Future Peters always have facial scars. They keep them as reminders of some mistake that screwed up the world as well as the +2 it gives to Badassery.

FELIPE NO
eprox1
The Year 20XX

Member 1977

Level 20.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 03:53 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 03:53 PM #40 of 132
Sylar and Peter already have similar powers, but I assume Peter needs Sylar's power because it actually robs the victim of their ability, as opposed to just copying it.
Is this true? I ask because Sylar copied Claire's ability, yet she maintained her healing powers afterwards...

Seriously though. The series is getting way too hokey for me - specifically because Hiro's time manipulation power is too fucking problematic. As cool as it may be, it just makes Hiro and Peter seem like absolute idiots. Somebody tell me why Peter didn't stop time when Sylar was about to explode. Somebody tell me why Hiro didn't go back in time 5 minutes before Daphne stole the half of the formula. Stupid.

They should have just initially allowed him to maybe only slow time and teleport, or at least put some limitations on his powers. Hell, even if they waited until the series got stale (not that it isn't starting to), they could have made some huge final season revolving around Hiro and training to learn his true powers. They could have had a season finale where Hiro finally goes back in time and corrects everything, revisiting key moments in previous seasons and righting them. I swear I should be a god damn writer.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 05:15 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 04:15 PM #41 of 132
I think the only thing that would temporarily stop healing powers is something stuck in the head, like Claire with the twig in her head. After that's pulled out, I'm thinking the healing powers work involuntarily.
In the case of Peter, he usually has to think about his powers to use them (like how Claude taught his ass.. or didn't.. )
But I also think that his body can use powers involuntarily if the power is active near him, like how time freezes for him when someone else does it.
So when Peter had that glass shard in his head from the previous season, he was healed by having that removed and having Claire next by him.

So in yesterday's ep, my theory of why Peter didn't heal is because he's too dead to think about his powers and that Claire's involuntary healing powers were subdued by the Haitian. Aww fuck it, it doesn't explain why Present Peter couldn't heal him either. Maybe it has to be someone with the original powers or some shit.

Daphne with Parkman? I just dont see it.. What next? Elle with Sylar?

I can't remember, but don't remember Maya speaking English perfectly in the previous season. Her dialogue yesterday was odd. Please die with Mohinder.

I don't understand why Peter needs Sylar's power. To understand what? Why does he have the hunger if he can empath the powers from the people? Shit don't make sense.

And when the hell is Hiro suppose to learn to speak fluid English? His future self spoke english like a badass. His non-japanese scenes are getting annoying as hell.

This whole future is bad, go back in time to save it thing is getting old. Especially if doing so isn't going to make a difference if it's gonna get fucked up again anyways. I wonder how many times they're gonna re-use this "4 years in the future" idea.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 06:07 PM #42 of 132
my theory of why Peter didn't heal is because he's too dead to think about his powers and that Claire's involuntary healing powers were subdued by the Haitian. Aww fuck it, it doesn't explain why Present Peter couldn't heal him either.
Best quote ever. Also, Claire and Peter can't heal others (except through blood transfusions). Linderman is the one that can heal people.

eprox1, you're right. People lose their powers because Sylar kills them; Claire is the only one to survive. This takes me back to what I thought through all of last night's episode: Why does Peter need Sylar's power when he can already do basically the same thing?

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 06:38 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 03:38 PM #43 of 132
I'm about sick of Peter's overpowered ass, with his stupid mouth that makes him look like he had a stroke every time he talks. I liked him a lot better when he could only do things around certain people.

Spoiler:
I was glad to see Adam Monroe again, but I would have liked to at least see some sort of resistance from Hiro on digging him up. For all we know, Angela told him to go dig him up and he was like, "lol ok!" I'm also glad that he and Ando stopped bickering like little girls. Hiro was acting like a right bitch over something that wouldn't happen for another 4 years, which was probably his fault to begin with.

I am curious to know who Future Sylar was with to have his son, and also how he and Future Peter got on such good terms to where he "would have made extra" waffles for him. Guess they won't be going into it, though what with Sylar blowing up Costa Verde and all.

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 07:27 PM #44 of 132
eprox1, you're right. People lose their powers because Sylar kills them; Claire is the only one to survive. This takes me back to what I thought through all of last night's episode: Why does Peter need Sylar's power when he can already do basically the same thing?
Because Sylar's power isn't stealing peoples' abilities. It's intuitive comprehension, he can innately dissect an object or entity and determine its systems, what makes it function, why it functions as it does, what flaws are preventing it from functioning ideally, etc. For example, if you had a broken ipod, you'd have to consult a manual to identify and fix the problem. Sylar can study it and derive the solution on his own, without any previous knowledge of the subject. Apparently this ability extends to the human body, right down to DNA sequences and whatever other factors determine a hero's gift. Through this understanding, Sylar examines a victim's brain, locates where the ability is centered, then somehow restructures his own brain to operate the same way. Why this particular trick is possible, I'm unsure but it's now canon so we gotta roll with it.

Peter doesn't need to steal peoples' powers from them, obviously. What he does apparently require is the ability to study a subject and analyze its inner workings. How this will play out, who can say? I suspect the "hunger" was written into this season to allow for a bit of role-reversal in which Sylar slowly becomes the valiant savior and Peter slowly steps down the path of corruption.

In that light, it seems fair that there's going to be a lot of role-reversals down the path.

What I don't understand is that Peter can heal, and is ostensibly immortal due to having been around both Claire and Adam Monroe. Thus, why doesn't Peter let Sylar have his ability? Peter would regenerate and Sylar would have a method of acquiring a person's ability (and therein understanding it) without having to kill people for it.

Of course, that's a much-too-easy and clean solution, so it'll never happen.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Oct 8, 2008, 05:43 PM Local time: Oct 8, 2008, 03:43 PM #45 of 132
Man, I love Sylar. He just gets better with each season. He's terrific as a villain, and hilarious when he's not being so murderous. I hope he and Peter remain opposed long enough for them to have an awesome battle (as hinted in season 1 in the future) before he starts being a good guy.

I do like these "in the future" segments since it allows people to act in what would otherwise be out of character, but I feel it's getting a bit tired. Is every season going to have a "in the future" segment? It's also strange why future Peter seems to be consistent in all the future scenarios, despite the fact that, so far, all these crises seem to have been averted.

I got a little worried at the end of the last episode.
Spoiler:
I thought Hiro was digging up his dad. That would've been a little nasty.

How ya doing, buddy?
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 05:21 AM #46 of 132
Tonights episode was all over the place, it seems they just keep jumping around throwing new plot devices everywhere they went. Not that I am complaining, its nice to see stuff happen each episode instead of it being drawn out episode after episode like Lost.

Spoiler:
So Arthur Petrelli is alive and working with Maury Parkman. That probably would of shocked me more when I watched it if I hadnt been still shocked from Hiro stabbing Ando. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Oh, apparently Adam Monroe dies next week. That really makes me sad since hes one of my favorite characters on the show. They should stick to killing people who I could care less about...like Maya or Ali Larter. I figure if they keep killing Ali Larter's character...eventually they will run out of siblings/clones or whatever she is.

The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 01:10 PM #47 of 132
Knighthawk, if you're going to spoil future episodes then please mark your spoilers as such.

Spoiler:
It would've been surprising to have Mr. Petrelli show up at the very end if NBC hadn't been running constant promos announcing his return and making it sound like all of last night's episode was going to revolve around him. Having Maury Parkman planting the Linderman visions would've been surprising if they hadn't essentially spelled it out before revealing it this episode. Then to make up for all the surprising twists they kept ruining ahead of time, we had Hiro stab Ando for no reason at all and with no hesitation.

I'm really not sure what to make of this season so far. It feels better than last season, but every episodes seems to have more and more plot holes. For instance, why Sylar couldn't hear a loud conversation 20 feet away when he has super hearing. I liked Void Guy too.

Most amazing jew boots
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 03:57 PM #48 of 132
the end for episode five wasn't that surprising since the whole family since to be involved with the "special people". Only mystery is, what the hell is his power and what the hell is he planning?

Also, the whole Parkman path and his vision of the future was completely useless the way I see it.
Spoiler:
He said he wants to stop that future from happening but since present peter was in the future effecting that timeline and the future peter was dead then he should have seen a different vision of what would have happened to his family since that future is now obsolete.
So what I'm saying is, Parman's story line is so goddam useless.

Also big wtf with ando and hiro, I'm guessing they had it planned somehow but that would be hard to explain since we saw a bunch of blood gushing out of ando.

New Record!
Put Balls
i

Member 100

Level 26.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 04:16 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2008, 11:16 PM #49 of 132
An edgeseater episode for me. This just keeps getting better and better. I don't mean story quality, it's just goddamn awesome. I feel like a kid again when watching this show.

Parkman useless? I mean, he hasn't recently been seen in many of the future scenarios, and when he was, he'd be dead. In Africa, I think his powers of self-control (and therefore mind control) are improving slowly into something larger that will be shown in a later episode. ;)

I don't know why people even bother finding plot holes, let alone whine about them. In shows like this and Lost they're not the main point. Some people just don't want to recognize this as high-production-value nonsense-entertainment?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2008, 04:25 PM #50 of 132
Originally Posted by Kishin
I don't know why people even bother finding plot holes, let alone whine about them. In shows like this and Lost they're not the main point. Some people just don't want to recognize this as high-production-value nonsense-entertainment?
The problem is that you don't even have to try to find them, because they've been so glaringly obvious lately. They don't ruin the show by any means, but their frequency is getting a little annoying.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] "Villains" - Heroes Season 3 Thread