Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] "Villains" - Heroes Season 3 Thread

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Nov 11, 2008, 09:08 PM Local time: Nov 11, 2008, 08:08 PM #76 of 132
Claude was featured in some recent Heroes graphic novels here:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/dow..._novel_108.pdf
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/dow..._novel_109.pdf

But the guest stars that are to come haven't been seen yet. You'll probably be thinking "WTF?!"
NBC will probably spoil it soon in their tv promos anyways.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2008, 01:52 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2008, 12:52 PM #77 of 132
Ok, last night's episode was pretty garbage. The only part that was any good was the promo for next week's episode.

I was speaking idiomatically.
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2008, 01:59 PM #78 of 132
"garbage" is an understatement >_>
The whole "lets erase Hiro's memories instead of killing or taking his power so he can take a heroes journey again" was such a cliche piece of shit.
The cheesy love acting with Parkman is where I just couldn't stomach it anymore.
"oh you say we loved each other in the future, well we've known each other for a day, I guess I love you :3"
And then how easily Angela was released, "hey you loved me once remember, let me go asshole so I can ruin your plot anyways"

This is season 2 bullshit, I thought we were done with this crap

Most amazing jew boots

New Record!
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2008, 02:57 PM #79 of 132
The biggest thing that pissed me off in this episode was the nearly implausible "mortal enemies fall in love" plot device. Ok, maybe Sylar and Elle aren't in love just yet, but they went from Elle repeatedly frying Sylar for killing her father to sitting half naked and giggling. I'd put money on Elle being the mother of Sylar's kid in the future. I don't care what universe you're in, you don't warm up that fast to a mass murderer.

FELIPE NO
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2008, 03:46 PM #80 of 132
My bigger problem with all the Sylar and Elle stuff is how it's come completely out of nowhere. They've met and faced off several times before now, but until the flashback episode last week neither of them had ever given even the slightest indication that they knew each other. Nothing. Now they conveniently bring up "oh yeah, remember that time you saved my life and we sorta dated for awhile?"

I was fine with Hiro reverting to being 10 years old. Sure it's a bit repetitive to send him on another journey to become a hero again, but you know what? I'd almost rather have a whole episode dedicated to Hiro and Ando hanging out at the chicken & waffles bowling alley than see the other people being idiots.

The promo for next week's episode really pissed me off. They built up the big mystery of what the eclipse would do, and then the commercial came on and announced "NEXT WEEK EVERYONE LOSES THEIR POWERS BECAUSE OF THE ECLIPSE." Gee, thanks. The show even offered up a perfect tagline equivalent to "save the cheerleader, save the world" by repeating "it's coming" over and over, but NBC decided to ignore that and spoil the plot instead.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Thalin
Mountain Chocobo

Member 147

Level 26.83

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:15 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2008, 12:15 PM #81 of 132
If this episode is that bad, I don't even know if I can be bothered downloading it. Speaking of last weeks eppy though, did anyone else love the use of the female voices in the music? Really added a sense of mystery that went well with the plot.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:31 AM Local time: Nov 19, 2008, 05:31 AM #82 of 132
I'm not usually the type to be critical at all of TV shows, but the latest episode was pretty crap. It's no wonder that ratings are going down. Hopefully the writers can get their act together long enough to keep the series from capsizing, since I do think it's still a fun show.

All the romance that they keep trying to inject into the series is making me feel pretty off. Sylar/Elle I can understand since they did have a previous relationship of sorts (and the actors are pretty friendly off the set... I bet Bell had a stipulation in her contract requiring screen time with Quinto), but Matt/Daphne is just nonsense. They really need to drop the frequency of cliche lines.

Anyone else get the feeling that Sylar's "empathy" is just going to turn him into a huge masochist? Then Arthur is going to be the one that pimps him out to others with powers while he sits back and watches via hidden camera. Yikes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:02 PM #83 of 132
ok did anyone else love when all the villains/heroes realized they didn't have any powers and just made them look like children playing pretend.

This episode was tons better than last week in my opinion. seeing them be normal and pathetic was just a good view

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

New Record!
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2008, 01:14 AM #84 of 132
I was distracted by how this was the longest eclipse ever. They usually last what, five minutes at most? Yet this one had to be going on for several hours. Not to mention how no one seemed capable of piecing together that the eclipse had something to do with their powers being gone.

At least Hiro was great as usual. THE CORN WILL NOT STOP.

How ya doing, buddy?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:50 PM Local time: Nov 25, 2008, 11:50 AM #85 of 132
All the promos for this episode were all about them not having powers, then the episode was halfway over before they lost their powers. I can only hope that they are without their powers for the rest of the season. Of course they will just copout and have their powers return just as dude is about to headshot Gabriel.

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:41 AM #86 of 132
So who else managed to watch all of this week's episode? Good lord that was terrible. I don't think I've facepalmed that much since Flying Kid was around last season.

Spoiler:
I wasn't hoping for much since the episode started off by rewriting the end of the last one. Last time we saw Noah he had a sniper rifle aimed straight at Sylar's head while he and Elle were standing up in front of a window. This time he fired a few random shots through the window while Sylar and Elle were laying down. Either the writers are total idiots or Noah sat there watching them get sexy for awhile.

I won't even go into all the other things wrong with this ep. Between Daphne's "cerebral palsy", Mohinder hoping for (and almost getting) a bit of the magical relationship forgiveness that's been going around, and all the progress Sylar's character has made being tossed out the window it was just horrible.

Of course, Hiro still managed to be awesome as usual. Sure Claude and Noah's boss were mysteriously absent in the last scene, but at least he's not doing anything immensely stupid.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:16 AM Local time: Dec 1, 2008, 11:16 PM #87 of 132
Let's not forget how all of a sudden
Spoiler:
Nathan was able to fly while the Haitian was standing right next to him. Can he turn off his power negating thing at will and they just forgot to tell us? Also, couldn't he have just stood near his brother and shot him, and not wasted our time with this little jungle adventure?

This show has just about become an hour long game of "Spot the Inconsistencies." I think I'm beginning to see why the writers got fired.

FELIPE NO
makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 03:28 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2008, 02:28 AM #88 of 132
That episode is dumb as hell.

I'm sick of Matt's scenes with Daphne. How many more times does he need to prove to her his fake ass feelings?

Also there's too many inconsistencies on Elle's thoughts on Sylar. One ep she tells him he's a killer, then that he's good and forgives him (in the cell), then that he's a bad guy and they both chase after Claire, and then that he's good after they lose their powers and got it on.
But Sylar decides to cut her head open anyways. Why? Who the fuck knows. He already has her power. And the last time he tried to cut her open, she let out a big electric shock. How come she didn't this time?

And Nathan, you'd think he had a revelation and decides to do the right thing and stop being stupid, but he totally doesn't. He's going to support his dad in giving powers through a syringe and won't even think about the possibility that the powers would be used for evil. Great.

If I had to guess, if Elle is dead then maybe Kristen Bell wanted out of this series. The series was "hot" back then, but now it's time to bail out before it gets worse. I wouldn't blame her for doing so with all the lame-ass scenes she was written.

I seriously thought that was the last we saw of Maya.

edit:
Oh and there's no fuckin way there could be a solar Eclipse in Haiti, New Jersey, and South Carolina. The Umbra is only like.. what? 200 miles diameter? And eclipses only last for like 7 mins at most. Everyone couldn't just chill out for 7 mins??? They hyped the coming of the eclipse only to show that it was a temporary thing. Lamest plot device which ended up being a total slap in the face for all of us.

Last edited by makura; Dec 2, 2008 at 04:00 AM.
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 03:47 AM #89 of 132
Originally Posted by striped phantom
I seriously thought that was the last we saw of Maya.
Sadly, not everyone who moves to New Jersey disappears forever.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:17 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2008, 03:17 AM #90 of 132
Sadly, not everyone who moves to New Jersey disappears forever.
Someone needs to call ICE on her ass.

Shenlon
YARG!

Member 469

Level 30.22

Mar 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:09 AM #91 of 132
I thought the episodes couldn't go anymore downhill after the lame ass love fest before the eclipse, but how wrong I was >_>

Syler's whole development is so fucking screwy. For being able to know how things work, Syler is one ignorant fuck. Parkman isn't even doing anything to continue the main plot, he's just chasing the girl he just met because he fell in love within less than a second.

And I'm not sure about this, but since daphne's handicap state came back during the eclipse wouldn't that have meant that a lot of other abilities have been negated. (Hiro's memory loss)
Also, the eclipse seems like a reset button for their abilites. Meaning that everyone gets their abilities back and new people get new abilities and I was guessing that peter would get his back too but it doesn't look that way.

I don't know why I'm over thinking this now since the fucking story is just nothing but a poorly constructed fanfic

New Record!
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:25 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2008, 05:25 PM #92 of 132
Yeah, this episode was beyond terrible. Not that it was confusing or disturbing or anything like that, but they run out of ideas. It's just boring to see Sylar opening someone elses head, Claire getting healed and Hiro travelling time for the hundredth time. But uhh, whatever, I guess I am committed to watch the rest of this season anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:32 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2008, 08:32 PM #93 of 132
From the lack of activity, I'd say everyone's given up on Heroes. Which is reasonable, considering the "meh" quality of this week's episode: "Our Father".

While story is shaping towards a conclusion, one of the biggest things to bug me in this week's episode is the Hiro/Claire back-in-time segment:

Spoiler:
After the touching scene between Hiro and his mother, to have Hiro lose the catalyst RIGHT after receiving them was like a big "FECK YOU" from the writers. Hiro's interaction with his mother immediately lost impact and after his talk about "growing up" and "saving the world", it ended up being a waste of viewers' time. Fair enough, Arthur did sneak up on him but the emotional investment beforehand was disregarded and thrown out.

Here's hoping the finale for this volume will at least be better than average. Hopefully

Last edited by chaofan; Dec 10, 2008 at 04:34 AM.
Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:36 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2008, 11:36 AM #94 of 132
I have to say that this season has been a huge disappointment, and unless the finale is better than everything else we've seen, I think I'll just stop watching it.

Spoiler:
How is it that Arthur can travel through time though? Yes, he had an encounter with Hiro in Africa, but I always thought that he TOOK people's powers, not copy them, as was seen with Peter, Adam and Maya. This really seems to be a cheap move, but what else would you expect with the show's mountain of inconsistencies.

Most amazing jew boots
The Plane Is A Tiger

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:15 AM #95 of 132
I have to say that this season has been a huge disappointment, and unless the finale is better than everything else we've seen, I think I'll just stop watching it.

Spoiler:
How is it that Arthur can travel through time though? Yes, he had an encounter with Hiro in Africa, but I always thought that he TOOK people's powers, not copy them, as was seen with Peter, Adam and Maya. This really seems to be a cheap move, but what else would you expect with the show's mountain of inconsistencies.
Spoiler:
That bugged me for awhile too, and then I remembered that he stole all of Peter's powers. Peter had Hiro's power, so it makes sense. Now how he knew to be there at that exact moment in the past is a different story, and it doesn't make the episode's ending any less cheap and dumb.

I actually liked the episode aside from Deus Ex Machina Man. Maybe it's just my extremely lowered expectations after last week's horrible episode or the large amount of Hiro scenes, but I thought it was pretty good.

FELIPE NO
Rotorblade
Holy Chocobo

Member 22205

Level 32.07

Apr 2007

Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:53 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2008, 09:53 AM 1 #96 of 132
While I was in Iraq, Bryan Fuller was writing Heroes and it was more his brainchild at the time before he left to work on Pushing Up Daisies (sadly canceled). He knew one of my supervisors and thus we got all got Season 1 DVDs and free swag while sweating our asses off.

Getting to the point, if you dug Season 1 at all then it'd be a good idea to stick around for Fuller's attempt to reinvigorate the series in the middle of Season 3. He's got talent, but he also has a history of that talent going unnoticed/unappreciated. If you need another point of reference, Wonderfalls was one of my favorite sleeper hit shoes but its time slot killed it (go Fox). It's just one of many shows that displays Bryan's grasp of what it takes to make an entertaining show. He also wrote "Company Man", which was one of the highlight episodes of Season 1. So if you're wondering "WTF" regarding this show, it may payoff and see what the series brainchild can do to resurrect the show.

WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:11 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2008, 05:11 PM #97 of 132
Yes, I believe Fuller wrote this week and next week's episode. I just found out recently that he was one of the main writers for season 1, which makes perfect sense because season 1 and the entirety of Pushing Daisies is awesome. Definitely sad to see Pushing Daisies get canceled, but hopefully he'll be able to save Heroes.

Also, the best line of this week's episode for me...

Originally Posted by Sylar
Cake. =D

Night Phoenix
The Last Great Hopeā„¢

Member 668

Level 20.50

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2008, 01:57 AM Local time: Dec 11, 2008, 01:57 AM #98 of 132
I just feel like......most of Season 3 has been a waste of time, like they have just been writing shit just for the sake of doing it, and then basically doing an 180 after the fact.

makura
!

Member 337

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2008, 02:55 AM Local time: Dec 11, 2008, 01:55 AM #99 of 132
Season 4 spoiler.. for those interested in where this series might be headed to. Including a new member to the cast.

Yeah, don't look if you don't wanna know if some certain characters are gonna live through Season 3.
Spoiler:
"It really is a fresh start. All of the characters are back in their real lives. You see Peter as a paramedic. Claire is looking for colleges. We get away from the world of formulas and quasi-magic."

"...NBC has cast John Glover (Lex Luthor's dad on "Smallville") to play Sylar's father in "Heroes."

more stuff here

I don't really care how Season 3 ends. I hope they reboot it and try not to recycle retarded ideas from season 2 and 3.

Peter
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 50

Level 21.86

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2008, 04:51 AM Local time: Dec 11, 2008, 11:51 AM #100 of 132
Fuller will join the writing staff starting with the 20th episode. I have high hopes for his input, but I'm also afraid that cleaning up the mess that Villains made won't be easy. The main problem I have with this season is that there is no engaging build-up to events. Season 1 started with a lot of mysteries that got answered over the course of the entire season, now we only see cliffhangers and questions for the sake of trying to save what little enjoyment the show still gives us (the insignificance of the Eclipse, which would have been the PERFECT opportunity to kill off some of the characters with a healing factor, Noah aiming at Sylar).

There is no more credibility, which I find started with the resurrection of Noah in the second season. By showing us that no one important can ever really die (unless they get blown to bits or have their head cut off, I assume), all the drama that the visions create are trivialized, since you know that they will never kill of one of the starring characters. Just hang them on a bag of Claire's blood, and they'll be ok again, where is the drama in that?

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] "Villains" - Heroes Season 3 Thread