Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] Freeware Shooter - Fraxy

MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 02:57 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 12:57 AM #1 of 3
Freeware Shooter - Fraxy

Spoiler:
Fraxy is an "Arena Shooter", a game where you pilot a small spacecraft with variable armament in free scrolling space, in combat against various enemies. Enemies are constructed from segmented parts, many of which serve auxilliary functions, ranging from Armor, Aiming, Movement augmentation, Self-repair, and others. Parts can be destroyed individually, while destruction of the "primary core" results in the total destruction of the enemy.

To get a good idea of how the game plays, I reccomend searching Youtube for "Fraxy", however, if you are lazy, here are a couple links that will give you a good idea:

Sometimes things are not that they seem

Sometimes things are large and Spinning

Sometimes you are faced with an unceasing barrage.

The primary drawing features of Fraxy are:

"Edit" mode that allows creation of enemies.

Conditional event scripting that allows vast freedom in coordinating an enemy's functions.

Scripting language designed for user-created battle scenarios, ranging from one-on-one fights to epic battles against many enemies simultaneously or in succession.

User "mod" ability of all in-game graphics: They are stored as simple BMP files.

User "mod" ability of all sound effects, again, stored as simple .WAV files.

Ability to custom select your own weapons load out, among other widely variable configuration options.

Ability to add additional background graphics AND music.

Basically, Fraxy is quite possibly the ULTIMATE "sandbox" for the shmup-nut in all of us.

Now that you know what Fraxy IS, you probably want to play it. Fraxy can be found here.

The main portion of the creator's site is located here and it contains records of all previous versions of Fraxy, an up-to-date parts reference, and a BBS.

The pages are all in japanese, but the download link for the english-only version of the game is near the top of the Fraxy download page and is clearly labeled.

Was messing around online and found this game. Nice little arena shooter, good for what it was. Then I found the editor for it and started going crazy. Worth a try I think.

Interesting videos of some of the bosses that people put together with this editor.

YouTube - Fraxy - Danmaku Castle - a full level somebody made.

YouTube - Fraxy Finale: A70M1C vs. Reactor-00 / Eye of Destruction - a very cool boss somebody made.

YouTube - Fraxy - The Terran BattleCrusier - Starcraft BC. Fuck ya!

EDIT: For anyone who wants to get into this, the wiki for the parts and how to do everything is right here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
I forgot my old sig...
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 05:45 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 11:45 AM #2 of 3
You really, really suck at making threads, dude. At least try to get the spelling in the title correct and I assume you were looking for the quote tags, not the spoiler tags.

D-, must try harder.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2008, 10:03 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2008, 08:03 PM #3 of 3
The whole spoiler section reminds me of one of my college's introductory classes where we introduced game concepts for critique & analysis; its like I'm right there in the class all over again. For that I simultaneously 'd and 'd

Please edit your post and clean it up, as Shin sort of suggested. Oh and where are the screenshots?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] Freeware Shooter - Fraxy