Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[360] RE: Size

Benjamin please
how's it going

Member 48

Level 16.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 03:48 PM #1 of 12
RE: Size

I hear that the xbox360 is actually a small satelite when compared to its power supply. Observing this, which xbox system do you think was actually more huge?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
<a_lurker|laptop> I think your car died too.
WolfDemon
Grub Killer

Member 737

Level 27.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:09 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:09 PM #2 of 12
They're both pretty big, but the original had just a little more girth. The power box for the 360, though, is as big as a chihuahua, if not bigger. I can't remember where I saw it, but there's an actual picture that shows this.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
alkaline
Run Home Slow

Member 1696

Level 8.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 04:23 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 01:23 PM #3 of 12
Originally Posted by WolfDemon
They're both pretty big, but the original had just a little more girth. The power box for the 360, though, is as big as a chihuahua, if not bigger. I can't remember where I saw it, but there's an actual picture that shows this.
http://www.1up.com/media?id=2631420

Whole feature here

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:14 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 04:14 PM #4 of 12
I heard that the power supply has seven stomachs. Can someone confirm this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:46 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:46 AM #5 of 12
So, aside from all the tomfoolery, is there a reasonable explanation on why this Microsoft console equipment is so huge? I mean, are there hidden features that can be unlocked with future firmware updates or does it sport a secret compartment that will reveal the true power of the console when PS3 hits the shelves?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:51 PM #6 of 12
They just don't have good people that can design things well.

Nintendo has an amazing team for this. The GameCube is a great example.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
DSRevolution.com
The #1 site for Wii and DS news, reviews, and previews!

Kilroy
Mountain Chocobo

Member 1023

Level 27.04

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:40 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 03:40 PM #7 of 12
Originally Posted by Zeo
They just don't have good people that can design things well.

Nintendo has an amazing team for this. The GameCube is a great example.
Really, that post blew my mind. I could have understood if you said Revolution, which is slick and nice looking, but Gamecube. What is this madness? Internet is crap when talking irony and stuff. If this was ironic, disregard this (As I suck cocks...)

Anyway, yes, both machines are rather hefty, but what's really the problem? Who fizzes around with a consol rack (*snigger*) anyway? And if you live in a autocamper or something like that, you could use the Xbox as a guest room or something.

FELIPE NO

Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 10:56 PM #8 of 12
Originally Posted by Rock
So, aside from all the tomfoolery, is there a reasonable explanation on why this Microsoft console equipment is so huge? I mean, are there hidden features that can be unlocked with future firmware updates or does it sport a secret compartment that will reveal the true power of the console when PS3 hits the shelves?
Mostly because of the hardware they put in it. The original Xbox was large mainly because it used an internal power supply and had a built in 5 1/4 inch harddrive. The Xbox 360 seems to be huge mainly because of it's cooling system (so it wouldn't surprise me if they make it smaller later on). The power brick is abnormally huge, but probably because the system needs twice as much power as the Xbox.

As far as consoles like the Gamecube and Revolution being "well-designed"...umm, it's pretty easy to make something small when you don't use any parts that use up much space. Take the Gamecube, make the power supply internal, add a sliding out tray, add a 5 1/4 in hard drive, and ethernet port, make the disc tray full sized...hey, suddenly you have an an Xbox! It's fine that they like to make it small, but it's a little silly comparing the size of two systems when they have a totally different features. OMG the DS is a failure design, it's like twice as big as the GBA!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Solis; Mar 6, 2006 at 10:59 PM.
Radical
With a Twist of Lemon

Member 709

Level 13.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:26 AM #9 of 12
Originally Posted by Solis
Mostly because of the hardware they put in it. The original Xbox was large mainly because it used an internal power supply and had a built in 5 1/4 inch harddrive. The Xbox 360 seems to be huge mainly because of it's cooling system (so it wouldn't surprise me if they make it smaller later on). The power brick is abnormally huge, but probably because the system needs twice as much power as the Xbox.

As far as consoles like the Gamecube and Revolution being "well-designed"...umm, it's pretty easy to make something small when you don't use any parts that use up much space. Take the Gamecube, make the power supply internal, add a sliding out tray, add a 5 1/4 in hard drive, and ethernet port, make the disc tray full sized...hey, suddenly you have an an Xbox! It's fine that they like to make it small, but it's a little silly comparing the size of two systems when they have a totally different features. OMG the DS is a failure design, it's like twice as big as the GBA!
Not that I agree or disagree, but nothing modern uses 5 1/4" hard drives, they all use 3.5" .

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:36 AM #10 of 12
Originally Posted by Kilroy
Really, that post blew my mind. I could have understood if you said Revolution, which is slick and nice looking, but Gamecube.
Which is small, light, and looks pretty good in black.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DSRevolution.com
The #1 site for Wii and DS news, reviews, and previews!

Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:43 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 03:43 PM #11 of 12
Originally Posted by Radical
Not that I agree or disagree, but nothing modern uses 5 1/4" hard drives, they all use 3.5" .
Oops, I really shouldn't be making mistakes like that considering how many computers I've built and fixed, heh. Well OK, while most harddrives aren't the size of an old floppy disc, they're still notably large (except for laptop-sized drives).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:25 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 03:25 PM #12 of 12
You know I think that Radical was the one who made the mistake, for whatever reason he got floppy and hard drive mixed up, but whatever.

Most amazing jew boots
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [360] RE: Size