Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Prison Break Discussion Thread v2
Closed Thread

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:17 PM #26 of 156
Originally Posted by Eleo
If Lincoln gets executed but Michael somehow finds out about this much larger conspiracy, Michael will have reason to break out in order to bust the Vice President. Obviously, the show can't really end until this is done. Michael also might be the only person with the intelligence to do this; it seems like everyone else is getting pwned in the process.
That's probably what is going to happen. Or maybe Michael will go all psycho and murder the evil woman behind it all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:40 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 08:40 PM #27 of 156
Exclamation

They can't kill Lincoln. He's on the opening sequence!

I'd say the fuse could blow, but Michael tried that already and Bellick ruined it. So they *could* do it again, but it would be unoriginal. Just as that, the governor could call again and stop the execution, but again: unoriginal.

Surely some *miracle* will happen... otherwise, what was the flashback before the ending all about?

By the way, what happened to John Abruzzi? He wasn't even mentioned in the new episode! Is he dead?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 06:50 PM #28 of 156
Those that have been interviewed in TV Guide have been very cryptic about whether Abruzzi is dead or not. We know he's been taken to a hospital for treatment, but I think the writers are intnetionally leaving room for him to return. Now, I wonder if the gang could still keep the cleaning job if Abruzzi is no longer head honcho at the prison. However, I'm not sure they really need it anymore...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:25 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 09:25 PM #29 of 156
Good point, Acro-nym!

I totally forgot about the fact they still have to fix the break room. But I think Abruzzi's bribe to Bellick was like a monthly thing, so if that's the case, they have plenty of time. I'm also wondering how are they going to prevent the guards from (eventually) finding the hole! Putting a carpet over it can only work so far...

Anyway, if John is really dead, they didn't make it very clear on his last appearance. >:|

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:36 PM #30 of 156
I thought Abruzzi was dead for sure; I didn't know he was still alive. That throat slash looked like the end of it all for him. I actually like him as a character.

German engineering in da hoooouse

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dan
Carob Nut

Member 2147

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:40 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 08:40 PM #31 of 156
Last Monday was the first episode of the show I watched, I was impressed despite the fact I didn’t have any back ground on these characters. The suspense of Lincoln’s execution, hoping some miracle will happen next week, despite the impossible odds. Good stuff The show also seems to be the type of show where, like it new partner in crime 24, it is good to avoid the previews. I watched the previews where it said the governor denied clemency but had forgot all about till tell it happen on screen. Not knowing what will happen greatly enhanced the suspense. This really a complement disguised in an observation it takes something special for me to want to watch it “pure”. Not sure if I’m going to keep watching it not the best timeslot for me, but it on been added to my never-ending list of things to get when it comes to DVD.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Dan; Mar 25, 2006 at 07:53 PM.
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:18 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:18 PM #32 of 156
I thought Abruzzi was dead for sure; I didn't know he was still alive.
Well, sure! He had lost a lot of blood... as anyone would with a wound like that. But the next episode starts with him being taken to a helicopter or something. And he's still alive and somewhat conscious. And that's the last we see of him.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sepharite
The Source

Member 328

Level 29.80

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:45 PM #33 of 156
Well, I saw the next episode (you can get it on Torrentspy.com) and WoW, what a surprise --
Spoiler:
Lincoln doesn't die... who would have guessed.

My brother told me it's going to go on for almost 5-6 seasons? Is this the truth!? =O

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Want obscure Classical Music CDs? Search: http://www.lib.uwo.ca/ PM me the code, I'll rip it for ya [MAX 2 CDS/User]
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Mar 25, 2006, 10:50 PM #34 of 156
Originally Posted by Sepharite
My brother told me it's going to go on for almost 5-6 seasons? Is this the truth!? =O
It possibly could be, but nothing is set in stone for sure. Most shows usually don't plan that far ahead in the future, though (except Lost and Desperate Housewives, which supposedly are contracted to like season 7 or something like that). I really don't see what they could do to make the show last that long though, so I doubt that's true.

Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:19 AM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 10:19 AM #35 of 156
Thanks for the site, Sepharite.

I'll read your spoiler once I have watched the episode.
-----
Oh, also, wasn't Prison Break supposed to be a mini series?

FOX will extend it undefinitely until it's no longer good, like the did with the Simpsons, won't they?
-----
Great episode! So it says "For review purposes only - Property of FOX". How did they get that copy!? O_O

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Umma; Mar 26, 2006 at 12:37 PM.
Grundlefield Earth
I'm sorry buddy!

Member 65

Level 32.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 01:06 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 01:06 PM #36 of 156
In Entertainment Weekly, it says three seasons is it and that is the end. Even the actors say they knew that this would occur.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 26, 2006, 02:44 PM Local time: Mar 26, 2006, 01:44 PM #37 of 156
Originally Posted by Umma
Oh, also, wasn't Prison Break supposed to be a mini series?
No, FOX announced it as regular fall series, though I think the original plan was to have them break out by about the middle of the series and then have them on the run for the rest of the time. They obviously changed this plan once the got popular, though.

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:44 PM #38 of 156
I wonder how they're going to make it work for three seasons. I hope they are not in prison for all of that (most of that) time.

Today's episode was okay, but a part of me wishes Lincoln had actually died. Perhaps it would have made Michael's resolve stronger? Or perhaps that's unnecessary.

The way he burned himself sucked ass.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:50 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2006, 10:50 PM #39 of 156
The part I didn't like about tonight's episode was the stuff about their dad. Lincoln seemed to be a little obsessive over it, which makes me think he's gonna do something crazy (like actually get executed instead of escaping with Michael and the others) just for a chance to see him again.

And as for next week:
Spoiler:
I'm glad that they're going to put all the flashbacks in one episode instead of trying to spread them throughout the rest of the season. I most interested in seeing C-Note's flashback, as the rest of them seem pretty cut and paste.

FELIPE NO
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:50 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 10:50 AM #40 of 156
Today's episode was okay, but a part of me wishes Lincoln had actually died. Perhaps it would have made Michael's resolve stronger?
What resolve? He's there to rescue Lincoln. He has no idea on what's going on with the conspiracy.

The way he burned himself sucked ass.
Yeah, I didn't get it. Was it *really* necessary? If he had stood one step forward would've the guard known he was there? :S

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:54 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 10:54 AM #41 of 156
What resolve? He's there to rescue Lincoln. He has no idea on what's going on with the conspiracy.
Actually, I think he does. Why else would he be so sure that Lincoln is innocent? I also remember him telling Veronica in one episode that he was doing the exact same thing she was doing before he went in there. He may not know the full extent of the conspiracy, but I do believe he has some idea of it.

Buizel
Sup?

Member 667

Level 21.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:06 PM #42 of 156
... Yeah, I didn't get it. Was it *really* necessary? If he had stood one step forward would've the guard known he was there? :S
I think it's more of a reflex and that he didn't know there was a hot burning pipe behind him. He's being stealth, okay? XP

Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:21 PM #43 of 156
I'm willing to cut the event some slack since it sets up some more suspense in future episodes.

Honestly, I don't think I could do it. Getting burned is such intense pain he would have unconsciously moved. I would have resorted to knocking the guard out. Besides, the guard couldn't have known who blindsided him.

Most amazing jew boots
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 03:13 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 05:13 PM #44 of 156
Attacking a guard would have made them aware that *someone* was there. Besides after all these episodes I think we know he's not the kind of character that would do something like that. Not like Lincoln.

Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
Actually, I think he does. Why else would he be so sure that Lincoln is innocent? I also remember him telling Veronica in one episode that he was doing the exact same thing she was doing before he went in there. He may not know the full extent of the conspiracy, but I do believe he has some idea of it.
I remember that, but it seemed to me that he meant he tried to help Lincoln through the legal way... he didn't mention anything about the conspiracy. And I don't remember him talking about anything related to it... But... did he?

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:01 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 07:01 PM #45 of 156
Well, when he said that to Veronica he most likely meant that he talked to some of the same people she was talking to, so I still think he knew something of the conspiracy. He probably just didn't have enough time to uncover before they were to execute Lincoln, so he initiated the prison break plan. Maybe we'll find out more next week.

nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:34 PM Local time: Mar 28, 2006, 08:34 PM #46 of 156
I finally got around to watching the episode. Swet. Burning is intense. It always begs the question what would Jack Bauer do (or Brian Boitano... or Jesus)? (What? Nevermind.)

Anyway, so the preview for next week was that it would be completely a flashback episode?

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:38 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 10:38 AM #47 of 156
Flashback? Nooo... they had many of those on the last episode!

But it seems the doctor is going to find out something about the prison break. Besides, how's Michael going to explain that burn if he doesn't want Sucre to be blamed for it? Plus there's that plot with the father that seems to know about the conspiracy!

A question: did Hale (the other secret service guy) die? It seemed pretty obvious, but still...

FELIPE NO
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 10:10 PM #48 of 156
I watched the latest episode today - wow, that burn incident was stupid. Move slightly over to the side idiot. So dumb.

Also, the villain is just an ugly bitch. Does anybody else want her to die just because her voice is annoying?

Umma
Chocobo

Member 3974

Level 10.97

Mar 2006

Old Mar 30, 2006, 08:54 AM Local time: Mar 30, 2006, 10:54 AM #49 of 156
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
Also, the villain is just an ugly bitch. Does anybody else want her to die just because her voice is annoying?
Yes.

But I'm guessing she won't. This doesn't look like the kind of show where the main villain dies.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 08:40 PM #50 of 156
A pretty good episode for what t was, though I could have done with less of some of the stories (like Sucre, who didn't get good until the end) and more of the others (like T-Bag, who they never actually showed committing the crime), and I would have also liked to actually see some who weren't included (like Westmoreland, so they could finally clear his story up, even though it wouldn't have fit in the timeframe of everyone else's story). Overall though, I thought C-Note was the best (well, at least he actually had a legitimate reason for breaking the law), mainly because of:

Reason C-Note had the best flashback:
MIKE JONES!

Just kidding. It really was the best story, though. But overall, that many questions really weren't answered, and I would have just preferred a regular episode. They should have saved tonight's episode for a DVD release or something, because it would have been a kickass extra.

Most amazing jew boots
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Prison Break Discussion Thread v2