Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The Asian Film Thread

umustwait101
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 6862

Level 1.21

May 2006

Old Sep 5, 2006, 09:30 PM Local time: Sep 5, 2006, 08:30 PM #151 of 153
Stephen Chow movies

Originally Posted by Flara
As for Movies that I really really love and can't stop watching them cuz they're just THAT great...
Stephen Chow stars in both of these movies and no it's not Shoalin Soccer or Kung Fu Hustle
A Chinese Odyssey I and A Chinese Odyssey II
They're both fairly old but omg.. Stephen Chow is the best!!!
The story is about the Monkey King and how he came to be. It's also got the Stephen Chow touch to it so the movie is funny. And of course it's got action and drama, romance... but very funny too...
Yes, I have to echo that. A Chinese Odyssey 1 and 2 are two of my favorite movies. They are both incredibly funny. Yet, the romance and drama are also well done, something which is hard to do with so much comedy going on. I also liked From Beijing with Love and God of Gamblers 3, two other movies with Stephen Chow.

From Beijing with Love is a 007 spoof with abundant irony, both verbally and situational-ly. It is best appreciated if you understand the language. But, even without the language, im sure there's plenty of places that will bring laughter. Of course, there are places with boobies, which are present in all his movies. That's the only downside, I think. I guess it depends on what you look for in movies. I think those places are like defects in an otherwise perfect diamond.

Now, here's something which might be a tangant. Does anyone know where I can get the soundtracks for Stephen Chow movies? They are kind of old, so I don't even know if they exist. For the sake of maintaining the focus in this thread, I guess if anyone knows, they can PM me. Thanks.

FELIPE NO
cubed
Knock knock who's there? Me! I keel you!

Member 858

Level 27.57

Mar 2006

Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:33 PM #152 of 153
My favorite asian movies so far:

Battle Royale
- Art of the Devil 2
- Dragon Ball The Magic Begins!! (you will laugh enough)
- All-Out Nine
- Strange Circus
- City Hunter
- Cromartie High School
- Ashura

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

---------------{ Currently playing }--
... Nothing.... really.

-----------------------{ Last rips }--
Trauma Center New Blood (Wii)
Trauma Center Second Opinion (Wii)
Planet Puzzle League (DS)

---{ Currently in ripping progress }--
Dragoneer's Aria (PSP)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

-----------{ Other stuffs about me }--
My VGM Collection
(last update: mar. 03, 2008)

--------------------------------------

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > The Asian Film Thread