Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

So glad we defeated the Taliban!

Watts
"Thieves, Robbers, Politicians!"

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:00 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 10:00 PM #1 of 85
Originally Posted by Wesker
And democracy, or a representative from of government works pretty well here, in case you haven't noticed.
That really depends on your definition of "pretty well". heh heh.

Ugh.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 06:53 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 04:53 PM #2 of 85
Originally Posted by Bradylama
All I have to say is, bully for the Afghanis. We came in there to give them a choice, and they chose to adhere to Islamic Law, though not being an actual theocracy.
If they adhere to Islamic Law, then I'm pretty sure that make's them a theocracy. Their faith is playing a dominant role in their government.

How ya doing, buddy?
Watts

Member 639

Level 21.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 05:08 PM #3 of 85
But their faith is not their government.

For Afghanistan to technically be a theocracy, the Mullahs or the Ayatohllas, or whatever the Hell the local clergy calls themselves would hold effective political power. Simply because a nation adheres to a law put forth by a religion does not necessarily make it theocratic.
Differing ideas on the definition of theocracy then.

A theocracy in my mind is a government that is "divinely" inspired and follows the ideals of a religon. Not necessarily needing a religous figurehead or icon to be head of state. If they follow Islamic laws down the the letter, which seems to be the case that fits under my notion of a theocracy.

Plus, government has always co-opted religous figureheads.

None of our laws contradict Christian ones, do they?
No, but not all of them agree with Christian ideals. Laws are suppose to be blind in a religous/race/sex sense. In this case, the ideals of the extremist Muslims are being followed. Enough in my mind to qualify them as a theocracy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > So glad we defeated the Taliban!