Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Mario's Time Machine.

FergyLawl
Lawler of all Fergys

Member 4899

Level 5.27

Apr 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 01:14 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 10:14 PM #1 of 17
Mario's Time Machine.

I'm sure there has been threads regarding this crazy game.

Mario's Time Machine, anyone remember it?
The one Mario game I didn't understand how to play at all cuz it just would refuse me and just not work?

Go back in time to return an artifact, but you have to collect mushrooms, while surfing and enter a whirlpool to go back in time. Sounds like a piece of cake in theory, but it never worked for me.

Have you beaten Mario's Time Machine?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fergylawl, Lawlfergy, lawl lawl lawl.
scotty
I'm not your friend, buddy...

Member 649

Level 24.90

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 01:18 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 10:18 PM #2 of 17
I played this once and just surfed around for 5 and a half hours before giving up....

There's nowhere I can't reach.
FergyLawl
Lawler of all Fergys

Member 4899

Level 5.27

Apr 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 01:21 AM Local time: Jun 9, 2006, 10:21 PM #3 of 17
I'm actually pretty sure that's what everyone did for days and days trying to figure out what in god's name you have to do.

I know I did...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fergylawl, Lawlfergy, lawl lawl lawl.
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 01:38 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 12:38 AM #4 of 17
I'm glad I wasn't the only confused eight year-old here.

- WraithTwo -

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 02:05 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 12:05 AM #5 of 17
I never played this one. I did however receive the other educational Mario game as a gift. I remember Mario is Missing for its IMPOSSIBLE to lose boss fights and boring educational gameplay. I remember getting excited over this birthday present since it was, you know, a Mario game! ;___;

I was speaking idiomatically.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 02:25 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 05:25 PM #6 of 17
I remember renting this one, thinking it was some magical brand new Mario platformer I'd never heard about. And it was.. I guess. After much struggle, I found a tiny bit of gameplay in it, where I could jump on three Koopa Troopa's walking on some blue blocks. That was about it!

How ya doing, buddy?
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 02:32 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 12:32 AM #7 of 17

FELIPE NO
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 03:04 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 06:04 PM #8 of 17
MobyGames don't let you hotlink the awesome exciting adventure power of Mario's Time Machine! ;_;

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
somedude2387
Chocobo

Member 678

Level 10.62

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 04:23 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 07:23 PM #9 of 17
Someone gave this game to me as a present when I was younger. It took a while to work out what to do and the passwords I wrote down after finishing a level never seemed to work. One day I eventually finished the last one but then it said that I did them in the wrong order or something so I didn't get the cool finish I wanted. Years later I got the ROM and finished it though

How ya doing, buddy?
I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.
Woody Allen (1935 - )

Anyone know how to use alchemy?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 10:40 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 08:40 AM #10 of 17
I remember beating it the day I had to return, but I took too fucking long and Bowser left and started kickin' it on some beach somewhere.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Vulpes_Callidus
Honor of Blight

Member 946

Level 5.43

Mar 2006

Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:26 AM Local time: Jun 10, 2006, 09:26 AM #11 of 17
Heheeyeah....

This game was such a total wreck.

Oh yeah, I remember it. Tons. I remember helping out whats-his-face invent the bifocals. I remember surfing in time and going to the stone-age where the yoshis were. Most of all, I remember beating that game and seeing that weird-ass final level, where they were developing the game, and that picture of the designer, with his propellor hat and the airplane constantly going in and out of the window. I even drew a picture of it when I was a kid because I didn't want to forget: This was the day I beat Mario's Time Machine. I wanted to remember it forever because, especially as a kid, that game was INSANELY hard, my GAWD. There wasn't really a way I could ever remember all that historical information enough to fill in the blanks whenever they asked me, so all I remember doing was clicking on the blanks, going to the wordbank, and clicking EVERY SINGLE WORD in the word bank until it worked. Do you know how many words there were? A LOT. A LOT A LOT.

Hey, I was a kid, I had a lot of time on my hands.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 12:04 PM #12 of 17
I remember the surfing for mushrooms part but that's about it.

I have however played and beaten Mario is Missing for both SNES and PC. I actually liked that game. I can't remember if the SNES version had it since I played it more for PC but it had these fun little Newspaper stories every now and then about the penguins that got chased out of Anartica by Bowser who was using hairdryers to melt it and well anyway the penguins were trying to find a place to live elsewhere and kept on popping out of people's fridges.

I dunno, I thought it was cute, and the game itself was both educational and even though the bosses and any other forms of actual gameplay were insanely easy it was a pretty fun game. I think the only people who rip on it were those who were expecting a Luigi platformer or something.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

PsychoJosh
Banned

Member 1511

Level 18.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 01:55 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 12:55 AM #13 of 17
Originally Posted by Miles
This reminds me of a time in first grade when for religion class I made a really lame fancomic about Dr. Robotnik going back in time to 0 BC with Knuckles and Mack (a character in the Sonic comics) in order to use Jesus Christ's powers for evil. I never completed it because my mom scolded me for the blasphemous combination of Jesus with video game characters and also before I knew it the class had started a different project. D:

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by PsychoJosh; Jul 17, 2006 at 12:32 AM.
Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 08:01 AM Local time: Jul 13, 2006, 08:01 AM #14 of 17
Oh man, I remember this game. Major nostalgia going on. The screenshots are bringing back memories... I recall having fun with it, but maybe I was just insane. I played it at friend's house when I was... really young. I should go download the ROM and play this again. I think I remember Mario is Missing as well. Played it at the same friend's house.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:27 PM #15 of 17
Ugh... I remember this one... I was never able to advance in this. It's also bringing up bad memories of Mario is Missing. Now that game was horrible.

FELIPE NO
LivingDreams
Chocobo

Member 520

Level 14.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:29 AM #16 of 17
I've never played, but I recently bought it since I've always wanted to play this game since I was little. I was gonna buy it when I was younger back when I lived in Germany but I could never find the PAL version of this game.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Eat glass.
Nova108
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 10171

Level 1.60

Jul 2006

Old Jul 24, 2006, 03:20 PM #17 of 17
It really was a fun game... You could have a blast just putting the wrong answers in for some of the questions. It was like a historical MadLib or something. Well, funny if you know your history I guess.

But yes, I've beaten it a couple times, and the last time I played it was actually when i was in my mid teens (about 5 years ago).

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > Mario's Time Machine.