Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Gatorade. Is it really better for you than water?

Senrishi
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 8506

Level 3.09

Jun 2006

Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:44 AM #51 of 55
ok simply put, what you loose when you excersize and swet alot is alot of salts. specifically NaCl, and K. Gatorade advertises that it contains these, but by themselves those compounds taste really really bad, so what do they do to take the bitter salty taste out?.....SUGAR FTW!!! the sugars are supposed to act as a flavoring agent but they also have some use as a transport agent for the rest of it all. If any of you have ever been involved in any kind of armed forces training then you know what an MRE is. Basically its a dehydrated meal in a box/bag. well in those you use alot of water, your body has to give up alot of the water in it already to breakdown the foods. Also included in these MRE's is many salt laden foods. The more salt in your body the more water it can hold and utilize. This is kinda the point to gatoraide, but the sugars dont really help with that. the reason doctors recomend this is because of the higher salt and electrolyte contents. this does in fat help ballance the chemicals in your body a little quicker than normal.

morale of the story really is that water is what you need, that and healthy levels of salts, bananas are a good thing to eat, lots of potassium, and anything salted like peanuts or sunflower seeds is good as well to snack on while out workin. that will keep your salt content high.

personally though i dont really care what it tastes like, if its liquid generally ill drink it if its all that is around. i play alot of paintball and back when i was a on a sponsored team mountain dews livewire was our main sponsor. we drank alot of that on top of an assload of water. i like that stuff, love all kinds of poweraide, but i cant drink gatorade unless its at or above room temp. i dont know why but thats just my tastes, and i cant stand ANY flavor of that mineral water stuff, just makes me wanna stop drinking that and chew on a stick of chalk or something.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ziggythecat
I like Chocolate Milk

Member 8650

Level 10.49

Jun 2006

Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:20 AM Local time: Jun 25, 2006, 08:20 AM #52 of 55
gatorade is hard on my stomach, raises the acid level a billion times. I try to only drink it if I don't have anything else available after a workout or if i've got a hangover. stick with water.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I like your booty but I'm not gay.
Yarbles
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5247

Level 2.62

Apr 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:53 AM #53 of 55
I have tried this Vitamin Water after seeing this thread and I have to say I like it about a million times more than I like crazy old Gatorade. Plus the bottles are funny. They just aren't as full of what seems like excess crap; just some flavor and stuff. But in most cases, since I run 5-6 miles a day, just about anything does the trick after a run. Vitamin Water and water just doesn't make me feel so guilty like Gatorade does.

So, I prefer and think water is better as it's just so natural.

Most amazing jew boots
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Jul 1, 2006, 06:42 PM Local time: Jul 1, 2006, 06:42 PM #54 of 55
Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
Fatt, that's some terrible advice your giving about brushing and flossing reversing or halting enamel damage from commercial drinks. It's quite the opposite, really. If you drink coke and brush your teeth right afterwards, you're enamel is nearly gone from the coke and you're destroying even more by brushing your teeth. It's better to just drink coke and these things in moderation.
I do actually have to agree with SemperFidelis on this one. I am a horrible person for sounding drastically misleading. I do stand by the fact everybody should brush their teeth twice a day on a regular basis, and floss before going to bed each night. Soda pops with lots of sugar (Coke, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, etc.) are really bad for your teeth, and can horribly corrode them. Drink responsibly.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
EmmDoubleEw
Syklis Green

Member 5921

Level 8.00

Apr 2006

Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:02 PM #55 of 55
Originally Posted by Arkhangelsk
Powerade is just another version of the same stuff (Gatorade was formulated for the FL Gators team, hence the name). I hate the taste of all of it, personally; it tastes flat and watery, regardless of brand. Really, I think it's only beneficial to you if you're doing something involving lots of sweat, because you need the electrolytes, sugars&etc. that you lose through sweat and water doesn't contain that.

But for the average joe that's just sitting around, these drinks aren't really that necessary.
Yup, this pretty much sums it up.

When I go backpacking I always make sure to bring my gatorade mix.
When I'm at home I use my Nalgene to make sure I drink 2 liters of water a day.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Gatorade. Is it really better for you than water?