Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Shocking culinary tastes

neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:44 AM #26 of 48
No idea, but I remember going to the village butcher as a kid and he'd give us the brains for free if we bought other stuff (like liver. My father used to eat liver, we could go nuts with the brains.)
Speaking of that, whatever happened to butchers here in Canada/USA? I'm vegetarian nowadays so I don't buy much meat but when I walk down grocery isles, all I see is perfect cuts of meat. What happens to the innards? Like the organs and other things?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:11 AM Local time: Nov 27, 2007, 07:11 PM #27 of 48
Ramoth already said it, just about every one of us in Hawaii can't get enough SPAM in our meals. Sure it's salty but that's what water is for :3. Oh and if you want to help kill that flavor I suggest marinating it with something sweet (or spicy depending on your taste.)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Dec 2, 2007, 02:31 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2007, 12:31 AM #28 of 48
The thing about SPAM that annoys me is the greasiness. I don't mind the saltiness since I usually put it in fried rice so that diminishes the saltiness.

So, how do you deal with the greasiness?

No idea, but I remember going to the village butcher as a kid and he'd give us the brains for free if we bought other stuff (like liver. My father used to eat liver, we could go nuts with the brains.)
Speaking of that, whatever happened to butchers here in Canada/USA? I'm vegetarian nowadays so I don't buy much meat but when I walk down grocery isles, all I see is perfect cuts of meat. What happens to the innards? Like the organs and other things?
They're in Chinatown now. Guess it's cheaper to just cut up the meat without asking you what you want, and how much you want. I really miss the sort of community I had in Chinatown, but i really don't miss the smell -_-

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Soooo, do I get points for being leet?
The_Melomane
Go forth and become a happy cabbage

Member 20147

Level 17.46

Feb 2007

Old Dec 2, 2007, 03:47 AM Local time: Dec 2, 2007, 02:47 AM #29 of 48
I really like squid. We have a place called Huhot where they have everything frozen and you put in in a bowl with some sauce and they grill it on front of you and I'd always get the squid. It was purple and very much still squid looking and so delicious.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Eusine2
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 16395

Level 3.09

Dec 2006

Old Dec 19, 2007, 01:56 PM Local time: Dec 19, 2007, 02:56 PM #30 of 48
I like dark coffee with mint cream liquor, we call that kind of coffee "grama cortada" or "chopped grass" around here.

I also adore tequeños with guava (Mozzarella or white cheese sticks with guava jam inside bread dough, forming a finger like shape), I know that doesn't sound odd enough, but I love to dip them in garlic sauce... it's a guilty pleasure *____*;;;

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2007, 08:26 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2007, 01:26 AM #31 of 48
I don't know if my particular culinary tastes are shocking as such. They're not exactly based on contemporary ways of eating. For instance, I don't eat crisps, I lick the flavouring off them. Or mixing balsamic vinegar with soy sauce and lemon juice and drinking it, or many of the other things I could mention.

FELIPE NO
Krelian
everything is moving

Member 6422

Level 41.55

May 2006

Old Dec 21, 2007, 09:05 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2007, 02:05 AM #32 of 48
Quote:
Or mixing balsamic vinegar with soy sauce and lemon juice and drinking it
I dunno; that's pretty... Bizarre. To say the least.

Seriously, isn't that like tongue death?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 21, 2007, 09:19 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2007, 02:19 AM #33 of 48
Not if you scrub your tongue with your toothbrush...

Jam it back in, in the dark.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2007, 05:21 AM Local time: Dec 22, 2007, 08:51 PM #34 of 48
Gonna have to use two that have already been mentioned in this thread: SPAM and Vegemite. But to puta little spin on it, I like them together in toasted sandwiches. It's a salt overload, but I dunno I really like it.

Angelwing
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 27450

Level 2.86

Dec 2007

Old Dec 29, 2007, 04:50 PM Local time: Dec 29, 2007, 03:50 PM #35 of 48
There's this Italian store in the stripmall over from where I work that I went into once. All I wanted was basically a cheese sandwich with marinara sauce and mayo. Firstly, the woman couldn't understand that I didn't want any sort of meat on it. After I finally convinced her, she couldn't understand having both mayo AND marinara sauce on the meatless sandwich. Hardest day of her life.

When Quiznos first came out with their flatbread pizzas I decided to give it a try. There wasn't a vegetarian option, and the girl was dumbfounded when I asked for one, so I asked her to make me a pepperoni, minus the pepperoni. Honestly stood there for ten minutes trying to explain that to her.

One of my favourite sandwiches is peanut butter, cheez wiz and strawberry jam. Together. And that's just the beginning.

The strangest food in the world has got to be CHEESE! Yes, there I said it. How can white people just eat blocks of cheese and like not throw up??? It's disgusting, the smell, the texture, the taste.

The strangest thing is the volume of cheese you white people eat, it's on EVERYTHING! Meat, bread, grain, i can't think of a single thing you white people don't put cheese on.
I consume inhealthy amounts of cheese. It must be because I'm white.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
nitsu
Clearly Psycho

Member 148

Level 5.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2008, 02:45 PM #36 of 48
I like Ranch Dressing on my pasta, pizza, chicken, steak, pork chops, turkey, and probably more that I can't think of right now.

I like French Dressing on my spaghetti, with my salad mixed into the spaghetti.

I like sugar on my rice.

Most amazing jew boots
Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:25 PM Local time: Jan 17, 2008, 01:25 PM #37 of 48
I remember my Uncle, who will eat anything, offered me a peanut-butter and cheese sandwich. It was a dubliner cheese, if I'm not mistaken, which I'm not entirely fond of, although lately my now budding pallete is beginning to appreciate even stranger cheeses. Anyway, I'm not big on the peanut butter-cheese combo and he was very shocked by my refusal to eat an entire sandwich (I gave it a try and was sure I didn't want one).

I do get a bit of my food-adventuring trait from him, but he really is out there sometimes. I still don't know how anyone can eat Natto, let alone eat Natto for breakfast. What a way to start the day

ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Apr 24, 2008, 03:00 PM 1 #38 of 48
I guess some may be shocked by my fondness for Tabasco sauce. I look for excuses to put it on as many foods as possible - eggs, chicken, Italian sausage, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, clam chowder - whatever doesn't completely clash with the heat. Some people have weak stomachs.
I knew someone who put it on cheesecake. I kid you not. That to me drew the line. As for your other foods, sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

As for me, I rarely use salt and prefer to use pepper to season everything after it's been cooked. I also have a thing for combining strange flavors. I tried a green apple and wasabi sorbet once and it was delicious. Since then, I boldly try things I think could be feasible interesting.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SpaceMonk
Syklis Green

Member 26180

Level 6.69

Nov 2007

Old May 2, 2008, 12:48 PM Local time: May 2, 2008, 12:48 PM #39 of 48
DUrian?!

I don't eat this anymore but when I was young there's this fruit called Durian (a fruit from Thailand and other Asian countries). The fruit is encased by a spiky exterior and can weigh up to 20 pounds. Anyways, to MANY people they describe the smell of the fruit to be like burning human flesh or rotting meat. But get this, to the native people that eat this stuff like no bodies business, the smell is sweet and so as a result it taste sweet to them.

Today I don't eat it anymore, but to me, since I grew up with it, the fruit smells very sweet to me. I stop eating it because the fruit is really high in fat and is REALLY hard to digest (it warms your body up quick because your body is working so hard to digest the dang thing).

FELIPE NO
LaMenina
Der Kommissar

Member 23054

Level 7.53

Jul 2007

Old May 2, 2008, 11:07 PM #40 of 48
I like cheese and Ragu sauce mixed together. I grate the cheese (usually cheddar or parmesan) and then I mix it with Ragu sauce and I eat it.

I like putting ice in everything too; apple juice, orange juice, water, whatever. I just like it cold.

Most amazing jew boots
Who is John Galt?
WraithTwo
screw attack

Member 239

Level 16.14

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 02:15 AM Local time: May 6, 2008, 01:15 AM #41 of 48
I knew someone who put it on cheesecake. I kid you not. That to me drew the line. As for your other foods, sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

As for me, I rarely use salt and prefer to use pepper to season everything after it's been cooked. I also have a thing for combining strange flavors. I tried a green apple and wasabi sorbet once and it was delicious. Since then, I boldly try things I think could be feasible interesting.
Wow, I wouldn't eat half the stuff in this thread, but that cheesecake idea actually sounds pretty good to me.

Personally, I don't like crisp lettuce. I prefer dark green, leafy, lettuce instead, and when I was younger, I'd have no lettuce in my salad at all before I'd deal with crispy lettuce (try telling your waiter that!). Now I can tolerate it, but don't particularly care for it either.

Also, in opposition to LaMenina's post, I hate ice. I like drinks cold, but would rather drink it lukewarm or even hot than have it with ice. Like lettuce, I'm more tolerant now that I was when younger, but I still hate ice in general.

How ya doing, buddy?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old May 6, 2008, 02:44 AM Local time: May 6, 2008, 12:44 AM 1 #42 of 48
My dad and I were talking earlier and he reminded me of another great little treat we would prepare in Mexico when we still lived there; we called it "Coctel Bronco". (Wild Cocktail)

We would take some chocolate Nesquik mix, pour 2 tablespoons into a glass and then, since we usually did this at the ranch with the cows around, we would milk the cow... RIGHT INTO THE GLASS. Add a shot of tequila to the glass, mix and enjoy.

I wish we could do that here but with all the hormones that get put into cows to make them milk out the white stuff, I'm sure that would be tantamount to suicide.

Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2008, 09:36 PM Local time: May 11, 2008, 09:36 PM #43 of 48
People look funny at me for eating plain white rice. My friends usually say "put some soy sauce on it to give it some flavor," and I ask them "why would I want to ruin the flavor?"

Of course, I was dumbfounded when I saw my Jewish roommate prepare dinner, and put a slab of butter in a bowl of white rice. I didn't hold it against her, but I didn't want to touch that rice either.

Most amazing jew boots
"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
Seris
zzzzzz

Member 1928

Level 33.66

Mar 2006

Old May 15, 2008, 05:50 PM #44 of 48
I like to put hummus on my sandwiches; tastes so much better than mayo, or mustard, or whatever else you might consider putting in its place.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Avan
This image cannot, shall not, and probably never will be displayed.

Member 1355

Level 8.23

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2008, 01:07 PM Local time: Jun 6, 2008, 02:07 AM #45 of 48
Here in Malaysia we eat a kind of fruit called Durian which happens to smell like rotting meat to caucasians. As a matter of fact, it's banned in all hotels and airplanes. Durian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally I enjoy the smell.

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 6, 2008, 02:31 AM Local time: Jun 6, 2008, 02:31 AM #46 of 48
Yeah, I used to put cinnamon in everything--rice, pasta, etc. I don't do it quite often now, but I still love my cinnamon. <3

Also, cheese. Back when we could get an 8oz block of cheese for 99 cents, I would stock up and then dump some into a bowl, microwave it, and just eat the melted cheese. American and pepperjack most definitely do not count. I can't even tolerate a melted cheese sandwich--basically American cheese on already-terrible sandwich bread.

Also, Italian dressing in rice. I think the general consensus on this mixture is pretty negative, but I personally love the flavor. Plus, I don't like soy sauce on my rice.

I think there was one point in time when I put plums, peaches, apples, and orange juice in a chicken dish. The fruit was cooked with the chicken on a skillet, mind you. It wasn't too bad, actually. Now that I think of it, I think plum chicken already exists, but I don't think I know of anyone who's tried it.

Here in Malaysia we eat a kind of fruit called Durian which happens to smell like rotting meat to caucasians. As a matter of fact, it's banned in all hotels and airplanes. Durian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally I enjoy the smell.
Eeeggghh. When I was younger, I wasn't particularly fond of the smell, but I could tolerate the fruit if I ate it semi-frozen. Now, I won't even touch it. I still go insane when there's durian in the fridge, which causes everything to stink and taste like durian.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by elwe; Jun 6, 2008 at 02:39 AM.
arthurrrdent
musician

Member 32278

Level 2.12

Nov 2008

Old Dec 6, 2008, 08:26 PM Local time: Dec 6, 2008, 07:26 PM #47 of 48
it's really good to dip French fries in a chocolate shake.

FELIPE NO
Anthony8
Just another lurker...

Member 32283

Level 2.50

Nov 2008

Old Dec 7, 2008, 05:46 PM Local time: Dec 7, 2008, 02:46 PM #48 of 48
Chips as in ... potato chips...?

Sauce as in soy sauce or something?

The strangest food in the world has got to be CHEESE! Yes, there I said it. How can white people just eat blocks of cheese and like not throw up??? It's disgusting, the smell, the texture, the taste.

The strangest thing is the volume of cheese you white people eat, it's on EVERYTHING! Meat, bread, grain, i can't think of a single thing you white people don't put cheese on.
Cheese is one of the BEST foods! There are few foods that don't benefit from either cheese or whip cream. I also like salsa on all sorts of things--meats, rice, pot pie, perogies.....

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Shocking culinary tastes