Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

You cook?

LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Sep 10, 2007, 01:45 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2007, 12:45 PM #1 of 44
You cook?

My specialty breakfast. I love omlets, pancakes & sausage!

With some help from the web I have sharpened my cooking skills but I still have much to learn especially in the area of sweets. Bake a cake from scratch, not me I tried bisquick and fruitloops one time and got a disaster.

I'm one of those on the fly open the fridge and chuck it in the pan chefs. My apple sauce pancakes rule. Ever have scrambled eggs and spinach? Try it yum!!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:08 PM Local time: Sep 17, 2007, 11:08 AM #2 of 44
I know how to cook well enough to serve for a small crowd of people or so. Most of my cooking is limited to Asian-style meals, but I do know how to cook a few others as well. If given a choice though I would say that I prefer baking.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:50 PM #3 of 44
My cooking is limited to breakfast. I could whip up my friends a pretty decent breakfast that involves a lot of crap. That time of day isn't hard, but I can't seem to do well outside of that spectrum.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 17, 2007, 09:56 PM #4 of 44
I can cook, but I won't.

Since I live alone and rarely have friends over it just never seems worth the trouble. Buying ingredients and standing in the kitchen for 30 minutes to an hour feels like too much work for the payoff. As a result, I don't have very much experience, so the times I do cook it takes even longer than it should.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 20, 2007, 10:35 PM Local time: Sep 20, 2007, 08:35 PM #5 of 44
I love cooking. It's one of my few stress relievers during the day, and I often wish I could do it more frequently. Unfortunately, I only cook for myself and I really like to cook large portions, so I usually wind up with enough food to last me for a few days after just cooking for an hour or so.

How ya doing, buddy?
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 01:07 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 11:07 AM #6 of 44
I cook on occasion, I'm pretty good when you give me a recipe and ask me to perform the steps and function. I watch enough Food Network to know what to do when they ask me to julienne.

And I'm pretty decent when it comes to Asian food on the fly.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:04 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 12:04 PM #7 of 44
I can't cook, I don't like cooking, I'm not good at cooking, and I eat out every meal.

P.S. I'm fat.

Seriously, how did some of you even LEARN how to cook when you're by yourself? When you live alone, there's no reason to cook, really.

FELIPE NO
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:12 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2007, 07:12 PM 1 #8 of 44
There's the reasons of saving a lot of money on food, getting food quicker, and eating healthier.

Chicks also dig it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lycanthrope
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 24695

Level 3.41

Sep 2007

Old Sep 22, 2007, 05:20 PM #9 of 44
I cook very little, but it's enough to get by... Soup, stir-fry, omelets, Hamburger Helper ()...

Most amazing jew boots
Goldark
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 24753

Level 1.21

Sep 2007

Old Sep 24, 2007, 07:14 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2007, 02:14 AM #10 of 44
Over ten years ago I asked my mom to teach me how to cook because I though it would be useful in the future (I was 19 at the time). She taught me the basics too cook tomato sauce and the risotto, and I found that I was pretty skilled at the time, and with some effort I bested some of my mother dishes in a very short time.
More than five years ago she died and I took charge of cooking for my father, and I still cook almost everyday since then, and with passion too.
I love to cook, since I found that is the only way I can express my creativity, well a edible creativity, but nontheless a product of my inner self.
Since I live in Italy I came to know quite a few recipes, and lately I tend to create my own recipes.
But lately I'm a bit tired of cooking everyday, so when my father is not at home I tend to neglet cooking and prepare some quick dish without much effort.

Most amazing jew boots
Adara
Simplicity

Member 108

Level 12.68

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:27 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2007, 11:27 AM #11 of 44
I cook half of the meals the people in this household eat, even though my mom could easily cook all of them. I love to cook and especially like to try new things. It's great for stress relief and, if I'm cooking dinner, to reflect on the day. Just yesterday I made homemade granola bars for the first time from a recipe in a cookbook my grandmother bought for me and gave me this weekend. I'm kind of sad though because it's a baking book and I don't have a stand mixer for making the doughs that 90% of the recipes call for. I'm too lazy to kneed dough for 10 minutes.

I really suck at baking sweet things, like cakes and cookies, because I haven't had much practice (hence the random gift of a baking book from my grandma). I can cook savory things like there's no tomorrow, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:16 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2007, 02:46 PM #12 of 44
I can cook well, better than my parents even. It's just I can't really be bothered putting in the time and effort to cook decent meals for myself and others. I guess it's a skill I can build on while I'm at home and will be useful for when I move out.

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:10 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2007, 12:10 AM #13 of 44
Yes I cook.

I cook a fabulous Perogies, Bacon, Red Onion mix!

I love it. Too bad it takes so much work...

I was speaking idiomatically.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:58 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2007, 10:58 PM #14 of 44
I started cooking when I went off to college, mostly because I wanted to save some small amount of money (as a music student? Ha! We have to get coffee and eat out all the time!) but also because I wanted to be able to cook stuff to impress boys.... And my roommate already knows how to cook, so I wanted to be able to compete with her.

I'm not that bad, actually. As of right now, each weekend my roommate and our two friends are going to start an "international dinner" night, since I'm Portuguese, my roomie is Mexican, one friend is Slovenian and the other is Ecuadorian. We can definitely get some variety going with that mix (and give each other free dinners!).

I'm best at baking stuff, but I can also make good "American" food like Pork Chop Casserole and Pot Roast...things my grandma always made for me. Terrible for you, but damned good nevertheless.

Congle line of abuse. Or is that conga-line. Or congaline.
3.1 inches of glory

Member 4123

Level 28.07

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:50 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2007, 11:50 PM 1 #15 of 44
I'm going to culinary school and apparently my biscuits are the best biscuits the gay kid in my class had in a long time.

The secret to making biscuits: use a cheese grater when you have to cut your butter into the flour. It makes it not only easier to make the biscuit dough but also makes the whole thing uniform, which is key!

Also the secret to making things taste good: salt. The chemical reaction that occurs when salt is added to organic materials allows for the natural flavor of that organic material to shine. It's basically sucking the juices out of the cells and being salty.

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2007, 03:23 AM Local time: Sep 28, 2007, 01:23 AM #16 of 44
I LOVE (repeat: LOVE) cooking on the grill, but every once in a while I like to take time off and focus my rage into the oven. Last week I took a whole 10 lbs. of chicken leg quarters and cooked them in the oven because I had nothing better to do:

14 eggs, lemon pepper and oregano made a fine batter which every piece of chicken got dipped into and then subsequently dipped into a mix of bread crumbs and "Chef Merito" chicken seasoning. Once on the pan they're covered in a mix of diced garlic and onions and put in the oven for 45 minutes even.

You will NEVER have chicken this good in your life. MARK MY WORDS.

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2007, 04:10 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2007, 01:10 PM #17 of 44
Yeah I cook you cook?

How ya doing, buddy?
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2007, 06:07 PM #18 of 44
I can cook, but I tend to specialize in the sorts of thing that'll kill me.

For instance, there's something I like to make called a scotch egg. To make, you buy some sausage meat and a half dozen eggs. Hardboil the eggs to doneness, and then take off the shell. Proceed to wrap the eggs with the sausage meat, and then deep fry two at a time to golden deliciousness. Palm oil tastes the best, but canola / vegatable oil works too. When they're all done, serve with home fries and generous amounts of maple syrup.

It's the greatest thing ever to eat in the morning with a nice glass of chocolate milk, assuming it doesn't kill you due to the massive unhealthiness and all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Angel of Light
A Confused Mansbridge

Member 6635

Level 26.61

May 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 07:16 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2007, 08:46 AM #19 of 44
Cooking is definetely not one of my best talents. I'm actually a horrible cook so bad that back when I was in university I actually food poisoned myelf at least three times during the 5 years I was in university.

So in terms of my cooking I try to keep it as simplistic as possible. It may not be the most healthy cooking but it gives me the energy that I need to get through the day.

Alot of times I usually cook flavoured rice, but the majority of my own cooking is either things that can be microwaved, boiled and just simply shoved in the oven.

My fiance usually does all the cooking in our house but I do the dishes so it evens out. I hope eventually when I get back home for good, I'll take some cooking lessons because I would like to impress her by cooking for her. I think its always something she always wanted me to do.

How ya doing, buddy?
LordsSword
Banned

Member 18063

Level 13.72

Jan 2007

Old Oct 1, 2007, 03:00 PM Local time: Oct 1, 2007, 02:00 PM #20 of 44
I LOVE (repeat: LOVE) cooking on the grill, but every once in a while I like to take time off and focus my rage into the oven. Last week I took a whole 10 lbs. of chicken leg quarters and cooked them in the oven because I had nothing better to do:

14 eggs, lemon pepper and oregano made a fine batter which every piece of chicken got dipped into and then subsequently dipped into a mix of bread crumbs and "Chef Merito" chicken seasoning. Once on the pan they're covered in a mix of diced garlic and onions and put in the oven for 45 minutes even.

You will NEVER have chicken this good in your life. MARK MY WORDS.
I'm big on grilling too. I tried lamb on the grill once and it took forever. Lamb is really greasy. Thanks for the tip I'll try your chicken next time I pop my oven.

Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:07 AM #21 of 44
I could not cook to save my life.
Even apparently simple things like eggs or pasta, I have no idea at all how to prepare.
There's something daunting about having to set an oven, or attend to a stovetop for just the right amount of time. Perhaps also the fact that no one's ever taught me anything. My christmas wish is to learn how to make pasta from a friend :3

How ya doing, buddy?
Hamu-Sumo

Member 1998

Level 23.00

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 02:54 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2007, 09:54 AM #22 of 44
My cooking skill level is around... zero! If I had to cook a meal because my mum is not at home (Hotel Mama really rules!) then is my highest mastery to put Leberkäs in a pan.

And when I'm too lazy to do that then frozen pizzas are my friends, you know?

Best Song Contest 2014 Winner
Musashi: Samurai Legend - Aeolic Guardian
composed by Masashi Hamauzu

Me @ last.fm | Ultimate Video Game Composers List | VGM Lounge (German)
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 04:39 AM #23 of 44
I can cook my ass off. Everyone who knows me knows I cook. I think a lot of times people who have a true appreciation for food just sort of fall into being a great cook because they're not afraid to try new things. I rarely use recipes or pre-made boxed/frozen dinners, either. I like making things from scratch. Everything's so much more delicious that way.

FELIPE NO
Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 08:42 AM Local time: Oct 3, 2007, 01:42 PM #24 of 44
If that means I can follow a recipie then yes, I can. Sometimes I add a little flair of my own to a dish or make up some really weird combinations that I'm sure only my or a pregnant woman's tastebuds would appreciate, but apart from that I'm by the book. The only reason I cook a lot of simple things such as beans on toast, soup etc is because I fall into ruts where I love a particular food and will eat it for months. Plus I can't afford to be too fancy at the moment. I used to have a day every week where I would cook something challenging for my family, years ago, when we actually had time to sit down together for a meal.

Elegy
Sea King!

Member 7052

Level 11.50

May 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:12 PM #25 of 44
I find cooking very fun and people tend to like whatever I serve, but I'm not the most amazing cook ever. I typically just look around online for different types of recipes and try them out. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad, but it's pretty fun either way~

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > You cook?