Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

BattleLAN
Closed Thread

GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:14 AM #1 of 5
BattleLAN

OK, if I'm hosting a game with BattleLAN, ppl will be able to join my LAN game regardless of whether or not they're behind a firewall, right? Just as long as the host machine is capable of accepting connections? All I need to do is input everyone's IPs and I'm set, right?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Death To You!!!
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:06 AM #2 of 5
...why don't you try it first?
Clarify one thing, though: are you meaning a LAN game with players on your own network, or something across the internet?
If the former, you're fine unless you need to configure a software firewall.
If the latter: some games seem to work when hosting a game if behind a firewall; others need a port forwarded in a router/software firewall.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:23 AM #3 of 5
Yeah, I'm trying to host a LAN game over the internet. The game I'm trying to host is Warcraft III. I've already forwarded port 6112 to my LAN IP. I've even tried disabling my firewall and enabling DMZ, but my friends still can't see my game.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Death To You!!!
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:09 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 09:09 AM #4 of 5
Err... unless you're using pirated software, there's no reason not to just use Battle.net with a password.

And who would EVER use pirated software?

Oh, wait a second. Nevermind.

Most amazing jew boots
GrimReaper
Bringer of Death

Member 880

Level 21.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:18 AM #5 of 5
I do have a legit copy of wc3 and I know I can just get on bnet, but I'm just wondering why it's not working. I'm just using wc3 to test this BattleLAN thing out. Just wanna figure this out so I can use it on other games that don't allow you to play online but have an option for LAN.

EDIT:

OK, I got it to work. It works if run BattleLAN on the client side.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Death To You!!!

Last edited by GrimReaper; Mar 5, 2006 at 12:28 PM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > BattleLAN