Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 06:19 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2012, 05:19 PM #151 of 497
Anyway, no rush. AH prices are fucking ridiculous so I suggest buying decent shit for around 10k apiece for each gear, if you can. :P
That's generally what I do. I check every few levels to see if I can improve my weapon and various armor pieces significantly, set my search parameters (usually experience per kill+, vit+, and sockets where applicable), and 15000 buyout. I have a lot of luck with that, which I imagine is me buying hand-me-downs from higher level guys who just upgraded and want a quick turnaround on their auctions.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 06:27 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2012, 04:27 PM #152 of 497
Originally Posted by Dagget
I just farm that area before the crown crypts. Unless there's a better place to farm for my level?
I'd suggest redoing completed quests, if you can. Or just farm Diablo on Normal.

That's generally what I do. I check every few levels to see if I can improve my weapon and various armor pieces significantly, set my search parameters (usually experience per kill+, vit+, and sockets where applicable), and 15000 buyout. I have a lot of luck with that, which I imagine is me buying hand-me-downs from higher level guys who just upgraded and want a quick turnaround on their auctions.
My usual buyouts range from 10k-50k sometimes and I get lucky with shit I look for in what type of gear (usually Dex/Vit/Fire Resist). But man, I see Legendary shit not selling for 100k and the stats are holy shit crappy.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by Single Elbow; Jun 2, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 06:28 PM #153 of 497
There's my scrub stats.

And for some reason it wants to be a pain in the ass and be tiny sooo:

Str: 189
Dex: 369
Int: 250
Vit: 358

Armor: 970

DPS: 534.44

yeeeeea, scrub.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 09:29 PM 2 #154 of 497
Jesus Christ man, spend that 60k you have and get yourself a better weapon and Dex on all/most all your equipment. I actually randomly took a screenshot of my 35 DH a few days ago for something on GAF, so for direct comparison:

Just search in the AH for items with a minimum of X Dex etc, you can upgrade for pretty cheap. I think the bow I was using in the screenshot below probably cost me 10k at the most. Then you pretty much just want to have a Dex bonus on all of your equipment, and put Emeralds in any of the rune slots you have and it adds up very fast. On Nightmare I was floating around 1000-1200 Damage until late in Act 2 when I dropped money on a better bow. The fact that you at any point have 1h crossbow that's doubing the damage your 2h bow as doing is very concerning >_>. Other than that though our stats were pretty much identical, so your damage output is definitely the main issue. Survivability wise though as a DH there are certain things that you HAVE to start doing on Nightmare:

-You can not be hit, and should not be getting hit. This is especially true on Act 1 since there are not "surprise" bullshit enemies like the other acts. You HAVE to start kiting, you cannot just stand there and shoot at shit like you can on Normal.

-If there is any chance of you getting hit, Smoke Screen. Despite them nerfing it hard, Smoke Screen is the #1 reason by a country mile DH is even viable on harder difficulties. On paper (especially on Normal when you don't need it) 1.5 seconds of being invisible (assuming you take the rune that increases it by .5 seconds, which you must) sounds stupid, and I didn't understand it until getting to Nightmare either. But on higher difficulties that is always the difference between life and death, because for DH's even if you ignore DPS in favor of defense/resist, you're only changing from dying in 1-2 hits to dying to 3-4. You cannot take hits, and what the description for Smoke Screen doesn't clearly indicate is that it makes you completely invincible, you become invisible to enemies (de-aggros) as well as breaks stun/freeze/etc. In conjunction with the Tactical Advantage passive (60% movement speed for 2 seconds when you use certain abilities including SS) that 1.5 seconds of invincibility is all you need to survive, then be a full screen away by the time it wears off. Cannot emphasize this enough.

-Elemental Arrow. This one is probably obvious, but Lightning Ball is amazing, and should basically be your primary attack until you unlock Nether Tentacles at 59. Most people seem to go with Devouring Arrows as their primary (which I think is level 42?) which I'm using as well, but if you're in a group I found Entangling Shot with Chain Gang on it to be pretty helpful. On normal solo I would use that as well, but on Nightmare solo it tends to not be super realistic as the slowdown doesn't help as much as you might think, and the damage bonus on Devouring Arrow can get pretty crazy.

-Life on Hit becomes important on Nightmare as well, because you start running into mobs that will reflect damage you do. Nether Tentacles helps mitigate that (but that's level 59), so in the meantime Life on Hit is a huge help, and Smoke Screen saves your ass here again because any damage you do while SS is active doesn't reflect back to you.

Gear-wise generally speaking with the DH you're better off running with a 2h Bow + Quiver until at least endgame when you can start paying out the ass for 1h crossbows with high crit %. Gear circumstances not withstanding 2h weapons + Quiver will have higher DPS, but Crossbows tend to have more frequent and higher crit bonuses, which combined with the Archery passive bonus on Crossbows for crit (+50%) as well as Sharpshooter passive (crit % increase). Once you have that setup going (which requires at least level 50 to get Sharpshooter) some people prefer to run that way; on paper it's weaker than the 2h bow setup, but if you have crazy high crit chance and damage you can outdo the 2h bow setup at the potential loss of Quiver bonuses, etc. Most people seem to be leaning towards playing DH as a glass cannon in Inferno so that makes sense. Armor-wise gear primarily for Dex; as mentioned above Armor/Strength and Vitality are nice and certainly get those as well, but generally speaking those are not going to make enough of a difference past Normal so Dex should be your priority on pretty much all of your gear.

Also I wish I had figured this out sooner, but I do now agree with the general consensus of NOT fucking with Magic Find until endgame, and taking Gold Find instead. I ran with usually 90%+ MF for all of normal some of Nightmare until I had a bunch of people tell me not bother at that point since you're probably not going to find anything good at this point anyway (especially since you can buy whatever you find for better at the AH), and gold is always useful. So I basically swapped my MF and GF stats and I'm not really noticing any drop in colored drops, I've actually found 2 legendaries (which both sucked of course) and I'm bringing in a shitload more money from the same areas. YMMV on that, but I'm finding the extra gold to be waaaaay more useful.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Jun 2, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:16 PM #155 of 497
I would buy stuff if people didn't charge asinine prices. :P 2 million gold for a yellow that looked shitty. I just bought a pair of pants that had about 20 more dex than what I have on. I'll start regemming my stuff for dex too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:59 PM Local time: Jun 2, 2012, 08:59 PM #156 of 497
Look for any equipment (save for belt, boots and shoulders) that has sockets on them. Possibly two or more so maximum effect.

EDIT: Tried another build for my Inferno run for my Monk. Involves Earth Ally to distract mobs while I shave away from the edges. It's going great so far; my older one involved just belting out damage like a motherfucker (although at a staggering low DPS rate of 15,000 with buffs).

This new build just re-emphasizes what's essential for an Inferno run: Resists. Resists, Vitality then the DPS thing. Never knew that an element resist stacks with the all-resist attribute. Holy fucking shit. Time to grind for more cash then get them dual attributes on a single piece of equipment. God, One With Everything is a life saver.

Now, if I could only get my resists up to 1,000 with buff...

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Single Elbow; Jun 3, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 05:14 AM #157 of 497
I would buy stuff if people didn't charge asinine prices. :P 2 million gold for a yellow that looked shitty. I just bought a pair of pants that had about 20 more dex than what I have on. I'll start regemming my stuff for dex too.
I've spent a ton of time in the AH, you should be easily doubling your stats with the 60k that you have. Start setting min Dex on items with a max buyout of say 15k and go from there. I'd be willing to spend all of your money right now on a better bow as that's your choke point right now, but you shouldn't need to spend more than 15-30k at the very most at that level.

Hey Dagget are you on NA? I was actually just about to put up some stuff on the AH that was my old stuff from around your level that I can give you. The Helmet's not fantastic (you could buy a better one for dirt cheap, I was just going to vendor trash it) but both the amulet and bow go for some cash, I got super lucky on a lowball auction to get this amulet initially and IIRC I found this bow (was going to put it up for 90k). The amulet's pretty decent as well:

Edit: I also just found a pair of boots that might be good for you, and just replaced a pair of gloves I can give you as well.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by SailorDaravon; Jun 3, 2012 at 06:07 AM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 02:57 PM #158 of 497
I've been selling some rares that have been collecting dust (and I know I won't use them any time soon) to get a little stockpile of money going. Bought a pair of boots that had like 80 dex compared to the 20-ish my current ones have, have to go up a level to use them though.

I'll probably farm the skeleton king to see what all goodies I can get. Probably not a lot in Nightmare mode but if I can sell it then it'll be worth it.

btw, anyone wants to add me: lagmoose#1212. You'll find me either on Diablo or WoW.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 05:08 PM #159 of 497
I'll try to remember to add you tonight, but let me know if you want that stuff I posted above.

How ya doing, buddy?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 05:27 PM #160 of 497
Nah, I think I've been buying better recently, but I appreciate it! I know the 1h bow I have does like 84.7 damage. I'll eventually learn how to play a game the way it's supposed to be, one day. :P

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 06:21 PM #161 of 497
Sure. Keep in mind though when looking at weapon stats that any of the stats listed below the DPS that are class-specific do NOT factor into the DPS shown; aka the bow above has significantly higher DPS than what's shown due to the Dex stat on it, etc. This also makes doing comparisons in the Auction House a real bitch right now because advanced tooltips don't show up there (where you can see the +/- %'s for life/protection/damage). So sometimes it's hard to tell if something is better or worse, for example I may find a bow that has a higher DPS but lower dex than what I'm using now, and it's very difficult to guestimate that kind of thing :/

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 07:43 PM #162 of 497
Yeah the bow I have doesn't have any Dex on it at all, but I've been making up for it by actually finding useful shit now. Found a rare ring: Empty Star.

Str: 39
Dex: 37
Vit: 46
+30 life each hit.

It has a socket too. So I put Dex in that?

There's nowhere I can't reach.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 07:49 PM #163 of 497
Yup. That's not a super amazing ring, but that's pretty good for your level, especially if you found it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 09:02 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2012, 07:02 PM 1 #164 of 497
I think I may have worn myself out on Diablo. The game was reasonably fun up until Hell, but Inferno is just ridiculous. It's supposed to be super hard, but to me difficulty is something you can defeat with skill. There is just no amount of skill that will ever save you from crap like Arcane Enchanted Desecrator Jailer Vortex unless you have ridiculous gear. I realize loot is a huge factor in Diablo, but the gear dependency in this game is just bananas.

Plus Blizzard keeps nerfing all the really effective skills and failing to buff the ones that are complete trash. Herp.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 09:04 PM #165 of 497
WoW was all about gear dependency at the highest levels, too.

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 09:15 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2012, 07:15 PM #166 of 497
I've never played WoW :U

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 09:29 PM #167 of 497
Saka, I'm sort of with you there. The automatic progression of leveling stops, and you're stuck with an incredibly incremental progression with the stats of your gear. A cat threw a firebomb at me, critical hit, 37k damage. That was with 50% resist and 50% damage reduction, so the path to success is extremely not clear to me.

Getting the gear seems to be a matter of several million gold per piece in the auction house. I think I was earning gold in act 1 on inferno at about 60k every half hour? So, basically, Diablo III is now a grind fest of several days, so meh. I figure I'll make high level gems and then start over with other classes. Maybe a team of players can leapfrog through the checkpoints of an act and just kill bosses. I found Butcher in Inferno was way easier than some of the elite mobs I encountered on the way (mortar fast waller invulnerable minions)

Most amazing jew boots
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 09:47 PM #168 of 497

Got the bow on the right for 10k in the Auction House. I love the auction house.

But to demonstrate how the auction house won't reflect Damage runes, when you're in the auction house doing compares and selecting them to sell it shows:

-The 137.9 bow as 121.1
-The 173.6 bow as 156.8

Just something to keep in mind. As far as I can tell all other rune stats will be included in searches, etc but Damage specifically won't. Probably the same reason you can't search for +x-x Damage stats (which makes trying to upgrade rings/amulets incredibly annoying), which makes no sense and I hope they fix :/

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:01 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2012, 09:01 PM #169 of 497
Something else that bugs me is the level cap of 60. In D2 you could grind or farm away and still feel like you were getting something done because it took so long to hit 99. Now, it's just like... some gold? Maybe an okay item?

I went crazy earlier and spent half my fortune (which wasn't much, to be honest) on gear that actually left me weaker. Hurray, Auction House!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:51 PM #170 of 497
Eh, playing WoW for almost 7 years, I'm used to a level cap. That doesn't really bother me, I'm sure whether in a huge content patch or an expansion, they'll raise it more. Whenever that will be, heh.

After upgrading some stuff, I'm playing through the first part of Nightmare with ease. Waiting to save up about 200k before I blow 100k on a new tab for my stash. Kinda sucks farming Skeleton King as he has yet to drop a rare quality item and it's all been magic quality so far, but at least I'm surviving! General chat has also been kinda lulful, with the exception of gold spam. Not nearly as heinous as I'd thought it would be.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:54 PM Local time: Jun 3, 2012, 09:54 PM #171 of 497
I got D3 a little late (a day after Daravon gave me the demo key), but I'm pretty much going into it with the attitude it's a game to have fun with for a while, and to probably play each class to get a feel of what it's like. As of now I have absolutely no interest in getting through Inferno, especially since I can't think of one grindfest game I've ever actually enjoyed playing.

Another reason why games like L4D are so great. The only reason to play is to have fun. There's no perks to unlock, no levels to gain, and no stupid hats to find.

Most amazing jew boots
Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2012, 02:08 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2012, 12:08 AM #172 of 497
Be advised that when you purchase a new stash tab, it only unlocks the first chunk of slots. You've still got to pay the 10k or whatever it is to unlock each additional row of slots. The third stash tab will set you back 200k.

Wonder why they limited it to 3 tabs? There's clearly room for more. Maybe it'll be an expansion thing.

RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2012, 08:35 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2012, 06:35 AM #173 of 497
Why charge gold when there's real money to be made!

Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2012, 08:43 AM #174 of 497
Why charge gold when there's real money to be made!
It's actually kind of fun to try and apply economic principles to Blizzard's auction house. I mean, gold is being generated constantly, and I'm not sure there is a sufficient drain on it. The 15% transaction fee on the AH serves to suck some of it out, and equipment repairs eats a piece, as does crafting, but I think on the whole we're observing inflationary pressure on gold.

It's exciting to think how translating that to dollars will impact it. IE, if there's a mental threshold for an immaterial amount of real money (ie. a person stops thinking about value comparison at $1 or under), could you actually effect a translation rate between gold and dollars that highly overvalues gold? And will that lead to even more inflation on the value of in-game currency?

I'm looking forward to seeing this thing work. Or break. However it turns out.

SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2012, 09:29 AM #175 of 497
Can't you sell Gold in the RMAH? That will be super interesting to see, especially with goldfarmers and stuff. But also what will skew things is that (I believe?) there's a $250 cap on items sold in the RMAH. Up around yesterday it seemed that the conversion from Gold to Money was running about 1 million Gold for $20. But there have already been things that have sold on the AH for what would be the equivalent of approaching $1000 in real money with that conversion. So if that's the case I wonder if we're going to have this weird squeeze where anything super crazy winds up being sold outside of Blizzard due to the $ cap, which will just leave this weird middle ground on the RMAH. Also I'm inclined to say that the value of Gold -> Money will probably drop pretty hard as well.

I expect it to be a total clusterfuck but interesting to watch.

FELIPE NO

Tags
basically, get equipment in order to get equipment, keep flogging that horse, not one shit was given

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] NOBDYH GVIE S A SHIT ABOUT DIABLO IIII