Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Music problems

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Oct 30, 2010, 03:55 PM Local time: Oct 30, 2010, 08:55 PM #1 of 6
Music problems

I recently had to copy my CDs to a new laptop due to : oldlaptopdisaster : It's a netbook so it doesn't have a CD drive, but I got hold of an external CD drive to do the copying. Every single disc I had copied just fine except for my Smiths albums. The sound quality is atrocious, it's so garbled and static-y that the music is barely discernable in b4 music taste diss. I'm not a tech head, I just about get by, so I'm pretty damn confused. The CDs are almost pristine, and since I copied them to my old laptop without complaint I fail to see why I should have trouble now. Any ideas?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:14 AM Local time: Nov 12, 2010, 08:14 PM #2 of 6
Probably an unlucky case of your drive not liking your discs. Using a different brand of drive might help you transfer things over, if you haven't done it already?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Transom
Wark!

Member 36666

Level 2.00

Nov 2010

Old Nov 13, 2010, 07:19 PM Local time: Nov 14, 2010, 01:19 AM #3 of 6
I had a problem like that but not the same on my old computer. The CD drive was corrupted I think and whenever you tried to play/burn a song to the computer, it would sound horrible, and you'd have this horrible background noise going on all through it. :/

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:35 AM Local time: Nov 14, 2010, 03:35 PM #4 of 6
Oh man, that sucks I can't really afford another one. It copies other CDs fine though, just dislikes the Smiths. I'm honestly thinking it might be worth just torrenting the albums since I've already bought them, just can't access them!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Ponbiki
troglodyte

Member 36618

Level 4.22

Oct 2010

Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:58 PM #5 of 6
Does the disc play fine on other computers / cd players?

You could always try using a program like PowerISO to create an image file of the disc, mount that and then try ripping the virtual image to wav or mp3. It sounds like your disc may be scratched and/or damaged and your ripping program isn't liking it.

I was speaking idiomatically.
~ぽん引きだぜ~ ☆⌒(>。≪)
Bernard Black

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:10 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2010, 09:10 PM #6 of 6
It works well enough. I used one of the albums in a CD player recently (ie. after being unable to copy it) and it played with no problems. Would you still recommend I make an image file and try it that way? I was thinking of taking the old copied files off my broken laptop and just transferring them across with a USB pen or even just my mp3 player, but I won't be able to do that for a month or so. I'm still bloody confused about why my new laptop/CD drive won't copy a perfectly functional disc that works/will copy elsewhere though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Music problems