Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

I found an Ipod. Now how do I find its owner?

i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Oct 12, 2010, 01:44 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2010, 02:44 PM #1 of 7
I found an Ipod. Now how do I find its owner?

Just what the title says really. I was walking my dog in a park close to midnight and I found an ipod in the grass. I picked it up, trying to figure out what to do with it until I remembered that you can find the owner's name in the about tab.

I did find the person's name but I was wondering if there is any way I can find out their email or something? I checked the contacts list, there's nothing in there, I read somewhere that if the person had purchased songs on itunes I could find their email through the authorization pane, but the music on it seems to all have been downloaded from alternate sources. I'll ask around at the park to see if anyone knows this person, but if it were possible to find info somewhere on the device (like say the email of the person who authorized it) that would be great. Otherwise, I'll just bring it to the police station and let them handle it, I just figured I would try and find the person myself first, to save myself the hassle of having to file a report with the police.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:32 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2010, 02:32 PM #2 of 7
Do people really report lost items to the police? I'd think the police would gratefully keep it for themselves if you tried to turn it in there.

Most amazing jew boots
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:40 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2010, 03:40 PM #3 of 7

Wait a minute, maybe this handy encyclopedia of humans will help me track Fry down.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:44 PM Local time: Oct 12, 2010, 05:44 PM #4 of 7
Nah, I tried that. Nothing came up. Well, actually, I did call a few places in the neighborhood but without any luck.

I did bring it to the police station. I mean, I did have the person's name so they probably have a better chance of finding him than I do. The officer did file a report, and seemed genuinely interested in helping it be returned to its owner. And if they decide to not bother, welp, I did what I could.

I just wouldn't have felt right keeping it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Shorty
21. Arch of the Warrior Maidens

Member 2028

Level 30.81

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2010, 03:16 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2010, 01:16 PM #5 of 7
You could put up a "Found" poster in the park you found it.

Just put your phone number and say "found iPod in this park, please call to see if this is yours." Do NOT describe the iPod in ANY way. No colors, no generations, no songlist stuff, Nothing.

Once they call you, open up with open-ended questions without describing anything about the iPod itself:

"can you tell me when you lost it?"
"what color/type/generation is it?"
"if I looked through the playlist, what would be the most played?"

A lot of times people just claim shit that's not theirs if they see it or know what it looks like. If someone's earnestly looking for it, and the true owner does call you, they shouldn't have a problem with the above questions.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:12 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2011, 01:12 PM #6 of 7
Or you can mail it to me.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:16 AM Local time: Jan 3, 2011, 01:16 AM #7 of 7
The guy actually did end up getting it back. I wasn't home at the time, but my girlfriend told me that the guy had called to thank me for returning it to the police station.

So sorry Vemp, maybe next time.

FELIPE NO

Juggle dammit

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > I found an Ipod. Now how do I find its owner?