Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

MEGAUPLOAD 'undefined' error when uploading

Mersenne
The Red Priest

Member 2697

Level 38.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2009, 06:26 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2009, 10:26 PM #1 of 11
MEGAUPLOAD 'undefined' error when uploading

I'm getting an 'undefined error' when uploading files in MEGAUPLOAD:

After clicking 'send', the upload bar shows ??? then 100% in less than 5 secs. It then displays:

Spoiler:
I'm also getting similar problem with not being able to upload to mediafire and imageshack. Downloading is no problem.

I think it's a firewall setting or a browser security setting I've overlooked. I'm using COMODO Firewall Pro (V3.0.21.329) with AVAST Antivirus (V4.8) and the latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

BACH 2012 | Music Show | Into The Music | Proust's Cookie | Blogs
Boston Review - The Sound of Philosophy | The Rest Is Noise - I Hate Classical Music
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Dec 19, 2009, 06:44 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2009, 12:44 PM #2 of 11
Googling reveals that you're maybe exhausting your upload quota.

Concerning your "firewall": Personal Firewall Security FAQ

EDIT: Did you omit the description when doing your upload? If yes, try adding some characters the next time - just reading that uploads occasionally fail when no desc is given.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mersenne
The Red Priest

Member 2697

Level 38.40

Mar 2006

Old Dec 19, 2009, 07:33 AM Local time: Dec 19, 2009, 11:33 PM #3 of 11
Google was the first thing I tried. I came up with that yahoo answers link (reached upload quota) and a megauploadforums link (possible firewall intrusion).

I looked at the Megaupload FAQ and there's no mention of upload quota. Moreover, I seem to have upload problems with other file hosting sites (mediafire, imageshack - all fail to upload). Hence, I think the upload quota is a load of nonsense.

I've tried with and without description, long and short descriptions, with/without email, etc. No luck either.

I'll try disabling the firewall / antivirus now...

EDIT: Disabling firewall / antivirus has no effect. Also, every time I log into GFF I have to resubmit my userID and password (I've clicked 'remember me' and enabled cookies). Ever since I've been using Google Chrome (for 2-3 months now), I've had lots of problems - storing security certificates, cookies, remembering proxy settings. These problems seem to have migrated to my default browser firefox. I wouldn't recommend Google Chrome.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

BACH 2012 | Music Show | Into The Music | Proust's Cookie | Blogs
Boston Review - The Sound of Philosophy | The Rest Is Noise - I Hate Classical Music
Basil
Banned

Member 499

Level 48.58

Mar 2006

Old Dec 20, 2009, 02:53 AM Local time: Dec 20, 2009, 01:53 AM #4 of 11
I've been getting that undefined error at MegaUpload myself on occasion. The problem is usually solved and the file will go through as normal if I just try again at a later point, ie the next day.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old Dec 22, 2009, 04:51 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2009, 10:51 PM #6 of 11
On unix you can use the download/upload tool plowshare (plowshare - Project Hosting on Google Code) for scripted download and upload from MU (and more filehosting sites). Maybe someone similar exists for Windows, so you can rule out any problems with your browser.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 22, 2009, 05:39 PM Local time: Dec 22, 2009, 12:39 PM #7 of 11
Whoa strange, I have the exact same problem as Mersenne word for word...I thought I might've started this thread without remembering. Only difference is I can upload to Imageshack just fine. Megaupload and Mediafire are the only issues, regardless of browser. Only had this problem since getting my new comp with Vista a few months ago. Everything was ok with XP and my old comp...so I figure it's a setting somewhere that I need to mess with. Other sites seem to work fine.

FELIPE NO
vasilis21
Wark!

Member 35089

Level 1.00

Jan 2010

Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:36 AM Local time: Jan 4, 2010, 07:36 PM #8 of 11
Cool MegaUpload issue problem undefined error solved

Hi the problem lies with AVG AntiVirus here is a link i found hope this will help anyone try it it does work.

Uploads shooting up & freezing? Might be the virus scanner

or

AVG 8 link scanner causes Firefox to crash? - dslreports.com

hope this helps

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
missantroop
Wark!

Member 35194

Level 1.00

Jan 2010

Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:41 PM #10 of 11
I have exactly the same problem. I use Kaspersky Internet Security. And it seems like it's a reason of a problem. I add "http://www.mediafire.com/*" to the trusted URLs in Web Antivirus configuration and mediafire works fine. So, try to configure your firewall or/and antivirus once again (not just turning off, because it's usually don't unload them from memory).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:48 AM Local time: Jan 20, 2010, 10:48 PM #11 of 11
It may be more prudent to use a different hosting service. There are plenty of them out there, many of which are better than Megaupload.

15 Great Free Online File Sharing Alternatives | Tools

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > MEGAUPLOAD 'undefined' error when uploading