Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Version 2 Matroska Parser?

hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 02:21 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 03:21 PM #1 of 5
Exclamation Version 2 Matroska Parser?

Hey, having trouble playing a .MKV video file. I've been using MpcStar 2.2 to watch my .MKV anime video files and it's been great. But this morning all of a sudden, out of 4 new anime episodes I've downloaded, 3 just refuses to play. I get the following message on my player:

"File requires version 2 Matroska parser"

Any ideas on how to solve this problem? I tried using GSpot270a but it doesn't seem to help in identifying the problem. I tried googling "version 2 matroska parser" but the hits seem to go all over the place and not where I want.

I've downloaded the files from the same groups I've always downloaded from so I'm a bit surprised that the files cannot play. I've tried playing the other files in the series and they work just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

How ya doing, buddy?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 29, 2009, 03:04 AM Local time: Apr 29, 2009, 04:04 PM #2 of 5
Does it work fine with CCCP on MPC or ZoomPlayer?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2009, 09:12 PM #3 of 5
No one I've talked to has even heard of MPCSTAR - I know I haven't and I've been encoding videos and doing other related work with raws for quite a while. Use Media Player Classic with ffdshow tryouts, Haali splitter and DirectVobSub - or just install the CCCP.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
hikarub
Kore mite!!

Member 717

Level 21.14

Mar 2006

Old May 7, 2009, 03:06 AM Local time: May 7, 2009, 04:06 PM #4 of 5
Thanks! It works now, though all I did was download the latest beta of zoomplayer.

I had downloaded CCCP ages ago, and I think that was what allowed me to watch most of the .MKV files I had been downloading. Don't know why I suddenly couldn't play the newer ones.

Originally Posted by neotheOne
Use Media Player Classic with ffdshow tryouts, Haali splitter and DirectVobSub - or just install the CCCP.
Aren't they all included with the CCCP download? Like I said, the new video files wouldn't work just recently even though I had CCCP installed already.

Anyways, thanks for your help and suggestions.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"This job would be great if it wasn't for the f@#$ing customers!!"
- Randall to Dante (Clerks)
neothe0ne
River Chocobo

Member 461

Level 25.17

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2009, 02:18 AM #5 of 5
Aren't they all included with the CCCP download? Like I said, the new video files wouldn't work just recently even though I had CCCP installed already.
Yes, hence the "or". Some people don't like codec packs (I can understand why but I don't need anything outside of the CCCP except RealVideo decoding.. which I don't want) so I gave you all your "viable" options

(ZoomPlayer is being removed from the CCCP btw - I don't know what's wrong with it but I do know it doesn't support chapters like MPC does, which is a big reason to try MPC for me)

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Version 2 Matroska Parser?