Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

postmaster@mail.hotmail.com

Sacred X
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Member 4397

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 05:19 PM #1 of 4
postmaster@mail.hotmail.com

I sent an Email to someone I know around 2pm, and got an Email back 1 hour later stating the following:

Quote:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed.
Email of friend
<My Message>
There is also an attachment titled "details00...txt (0.2 KB),", though I decided against opening it.

When I looked up the address in the title on Google, I've read many different things. Some stated it's a virus on my part, others say the person whom I'm trying to Email has the virus; some say the message gets delivered anyway, others say it doesn't.

Not really sure what to think or how to react. Although, most of what I looked up involved people getting the Email back from people whom they don't know, though some did know the person they were Emailing.

I've also read it's related to some Government and it detects Emails out of like 99.99999% that may be harmful to others.

Basically, if anyone knows anything, I would just like to know if I have some form of infection or something. Thanks.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

SSBB: 0602-5947-4393 ("SX")
PM me if you add.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 11:14 PM Local time: May 23, 2008, 12:14 PM #2 of 4
Looks like a bouncing message. Did you spell your friend's e-mail address correctly?

There's no harm in opening text files, since they can't infect you or anything (No executable code). Just make sure it ends in .txt and not in .txt.vbs or .txt.exe

Most amazing jew boots
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
LiquidAcid
Chocorific

Member 6745

Level 38.97

May 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 04:01 AM Local time: May 23, 2008, 10:01 AM #3 of 4
Maybe his inbox is full and therefore the mailer daemon rejects your mail?

Like Zergrinch said, find out if the attached file is really text only and take a look at it. The mailer daemon always places some additional infos about the error into the returned mail, so the details.txt seems to be the place where it stored them.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
sup!
sup?

Member 6795

Level 11.34

May 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 05:33 AM Local time: May 23, 2008, 12:33 PM #4 of 4
Make sure your mail client shows the real filename extension. Windows likes to hide "known extensions" in it's default state. The file.txt could be a file.txt.exe

But in that case I also think it's just a standard answer from your mail provider.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > postmaster@mail.hotmail.com