Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: Is ur windoez 4 realz?
Ja 66 51.97%
Nein 61 48.03%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Is your Windows for realz?

IdleChill
The IceGator

Member 60

Level 20.52

Mar 2006

Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:14 PM Local time: Apr 23, 2007, 11:14 PM #76 of 83
Oh, this thread!

I actually formatted my computer tonight (first time in three years). Decided to put that legit copy of XP to use.

YOU HEAR THAT, BILL? YOU CAN CALL OFF THE DOGS NOW.

How ya doing, buddy?
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 01:17 AM Local time: Apr 23, 2007, 11:17 PM #77 of 83
As of right now I'm running Windows XP Pro under an illegal VLK CD-Key. I do in fact have a legal Windows XP key, but it's for the Academic version and switching to that key makes Windows activation act up (that and it also can't be used during the installation of the Corporate version of Windows XP), so I'm sticking with the VLK key for now (though it does work with Windows Genuine Advantage, so no need to change).

And as for Windows Vista, well I used the timerlock crack to make the trial period extend itself indefinitely, so that copy is most definitely illegal.

All I can say is I have never paid for a piece of computer software (that isn't a game), so this is all to be expected.

How ya doing, buddy?
killmoms
Professional Mac-head

Member 277

Level 15.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 24, 2007, 08:17 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 06:17 AM #78 of 83
I used to pirate stuff all the time, but I'm working on making my software environment more legal—developers gotta eat too, you know. I'm starting with stuff that's cheap. I'll work my way up to Final Cut Studio and Creative Suite Design Premium. Now that I have money to spend, I ought to spend it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
killmoms - Well, don't really.
Makin' trailers er'ry day.
queenmetroid
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 22338

Level 1.02

Apr 2007

Old Apr 24, 2007, 11:05 AM #79 of 83
MY computer has a legal copy of Win XP Home, but my OTHER computers all have cracked versions of Win XP Home. I found you can crack Win XP Home and it stays cracked as long as you don't install Service Pack 2.
I tried the VLK thing for Pro, but MS locked it down so well now, that it's impossible to find a key that's still considered unleaked and valid.

How ya doing, buddy?
crabman
NEWS!

Member 17465

Level 11.09

Dec 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 12:20 AM Local time: Apr 24, 2007, 10:20 PM #80 of 83
Well...

TECHNICALLY i do have a legal copy of windows. TECHNICALLY, it's one of those spiffy student versions so you can validate the serial like an infinite number of times.

And although I am a student, I didn't get it the way it was meant to be gotten. So in that aspect it is illegal. BUT! On the other hand this version was meant to be used by many many many MANY people. Or so i tell myself.

How ya doing, buddy?

Soooo, do I get points for being leet?
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Apr 25, 2007, 01:27 AM Local time: Apr 25, 2007, 07:27 AM #81 of 83
My Windows XP version is 100% original since it was pre-installed on my notebook. I don't think it's extremely smart to use a pirated operating system if you don't know how to make sure that they can't figure it out.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old May 23, 2007, 02:14 PM Local time: May 23, 2007, 02:14 PM #82 of 83
I have to use legit on mine. (WinXPSP2 Pro) Anything that isn't: Legit and higher than SP2, my motherboard throws a fit, for some odd reason.

For some odd reason, however, it liked my Vista Ultimate.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
aviness
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 22643

Level 3.20

Jun 2007

Old Jun 20, 2007, 08:08 AM Local time: Jun 20, 2007, 05:08 AM #83 of 83
I also have a legit Windows Vista Business Edition, but only because I got it for free when Microsoft was holding power together campaign online. Did anyone else participate? Just curious... You could also get Microsoft Office 2007 for free, but I was 10 minutes too late...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Is your Windows for realz?